Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E08: Hang on with Me

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

29 minutes ago, Sedona said:

Ysabel was upset about not saying goodbye to Sol or Ari so she must have spent sometime with them during Covid. 

She probably didn’t, and that’s what made it harder for her.

• Like 6
  • Sad 3

In a thread for a previous episode, there was speculation as to what Kody did for a living. I believe the person who said "guns" was correct, as this week, he and his buddy/business partner, Brian(?), were seen returning from vending at an "Outdoorsman" show. (Again, no mention of Covid protocols being compromised.)

I loathe Kody more and more each week.

Before Sobyn entered the picture, I was under the impression that Christine was the favorite wife, as she was young and vivacious, and did most of the child care. Meri acted the role of matriarch, and Janelle had always been the businesswoman, who was content with having her children and autonomy. All of the family dynamics changed once Sobyn entered. In record time, she became the matriarch, brood mare, and favorite wife. She is a conniving bitch in my book.  It would seem Kody has been outsmarted by all of his wives. For years he has lived under the delusion he was this great patriarch, in control of everything, when in fact, he is just a baby maker.

• Like 6
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 12
56 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Thats why Christine left him, he will never admit it.

This EXACTLY.  I think that even at the last minute, when he was sad about the furniture (and all it represented) if he had turned to her and been loving she would have changed her mind.  AND, she's been saying it for a decade.  I have no idea why he's stunned by this. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4
Just now, Granny58 said:

This EXACTLY.  I think that even at the last minute, when he was sad about the furniture (and all it represented) if he had turned to her and been loving she would have changed her mind.  AND, she's been saying it for a decade.  I have no idea why he's stunned by this. 

I have never been married or partnered, so take everything I say with a grain of salt- but I would think that it would be extremely hard to meet all of the EMOTIONAL needs of multiple partners, even if you were well intentioned. Unless you were a polygamous husband who happened to be married to multiple women like Janelle (who weren't looking for romantic love to meet their emotional needs), it would be quite exhausting. (the financial aspect might not be so hard if the family was organized, considering there are more adults earning an income) Christine was willing to meet him half way. If he was somewhat considerate of her and her feelings DURING HER SCHEDULED TIME, and made her kids a priority (not even every day, but for major things) she never wouldve wanted to leave.

11 minutes ago, salvame said:

Before Sobyn entered the picture, I was under the impression that Christine was the favorite wife, as she was young and vivacious, and did most of the child care. Meri acted the role of matriarch, and Janelle had always been the businesswoman, who was content with having her children and autonomy. All of the family dynamics changed once Sobyn entered. In record time, she became the matriarch, brood mare, and favo

(just quoting a part of your post) I think of all the wives Kody started out the most "in love" with Meri. She had the most attention to give to him only having one biological child, whom Christine did a lot of caregiving for. I think Christine was the emotionally easy one that never complained, THAT'S why Kody is so pissed. If Janelle up and left, I dont think he would be so blindsided, because I think he always knew Janelle would do exactly what Janelle wanted to do. With Christine he probably felt as long as he threw her an emotional bone she would stay. Christine has birthed all of her children, and she has a great relationship with the adult kids and Janelle (because of work SHE put in) Kody has done his part she doesnt want him any more, he has nothing to offer her.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7

Oh, I think she saw the red flags but the idea of actually leaving wasn't something that she could consider at first because she was raised in polygamy. Everything changed when Robyn came into the picture and then the mad dash escape to Las Vegas in the middle of the night for no particular reason. Once they were no longer living together, and as the kids got older, each wife had more time to think about her individual relationship to Kody and to the others.

I don't know if it was part of the reason Christine stayed as long as she did or if it's just a happy coincidence, but it's a lot easier for her to leave with only one minor child at home. All of her expenses are lower, having to provide only for herself and Truely 

• Like 7
  • Love 8

So, what do they mean by referring to the other side of the story?  We know how Christine described it, but what were Robyn and Meri referring to?  Even saying she intended to separate in Vegas…..what was it?  

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I have never been married or partnered, so take everything I say with a grain of salt- but I would think that it would be extremely hard to meet all of the EMOTIONAL needs of multiple partners, even if you were well intentioned.

I think you're correct, but he seemingly met NONE of her needs.  She just needed affection.  That should have been a given.  

has it ever been addressed what would happen to a "wife" if she were completely infertile, not even managing one child?  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I was hoping Kody might say that he wanted their bed for sentimental reasons.  Lol. I guess not.  I wonder how much she got for it.  Meri should have bought it to put in Lizzie’s Inn.  She could charge guests $1000.00 per night to sleep in the former marital bed.  Lol😂

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 15
1 hour ago, Sedona said:

Kody was grown up and out of the house before his parents started practicing polygamy

Yes but his dad was a heavy handed patriarch when he was growing up. He watched his mother with him then saw his dad add at least one more woman to the fold. And they all did what Wynn wanted them to do, from what I could tell.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
15 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

I think you're correct, but he seemingly met NONE of her needs.  She just needed affection.  That should have been a given.  

has it ever been addressed what would happen to a "wife" if she were completely infertile, not even managing one child?  

Nope Kody met none of her needs. Cause he’s kind of an asshole and didn’t care- IMO. 

I assume that if you were a wife with no children you’d be an earner (working outside of the home) and money manager. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I was hoping Kody might say that he wanted their bed for sentimental reasons.  Lol. I guess not.  I wonder how much she got for it.  Meri should have bought it to put in Lizzie’s Inn.  She could charge guests $1000.00 per night to sleep in the former marital bed.  Lol😂

You could not pay me enough to sleep in any of Kody’s marital beds…

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

So, what do they mean by referring to the other side of the story?  We know how Christine described it, but what were Robyn and Meri referring to?

The other side of the story is Kody's side. 

Robyn is a manipulative asshole for disclosing on TV that Christine was talking about leaving Kody as far back as Vegas. 

Meri is an asshole for pretending she a part of this family at all. She goes weeks and weeks without seeing any of them. She has a whole set of other friends she hangs with and vacations with. She is at the B&B in Utah, too. She has her stupid "business" cruises she goes on. She's full of crap, she's barely a part of the family as is and Robyn seems to be ok with it. They both need to stop this poor us Christine is ruining the family spiel. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, js9548 said:

Ok Sorry, I missed it but what were they both thinking? Neither one was saying much in that scene, so I am unsure what they wre thinking. 

IMO, they were skirting around an entire angry shit bashing session about Kody and Christine. I'm sure Robyn withheld details because of the cameras and Meri may not trust Robyn enough to bitch about Kody, in addition to the cameras. I think they threw out some feeling words but didn't give any real reasons why they were having those feelings.

Maybe its the therapist in me, but when I was watching their body language I felt the things they didn't say were louder than what they did say. I just don't know for sure what the unsaid things are.

• Like 3
  • Useful 8
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Castina said:

So... "truth be told Meri, she was talking about leaving Kody before Flagstaff"...

And this is probably why she bought a house right off the bat. She was setting herself up to not be completely screwed over when she pulled the trigger a few years later. 

• Like 2
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Kody said that he and Robyn gave Christine money for the down payment on the house so that means that the equity in the house should go to pay off the loans on Coyote Pass. I don't think so and Christine didn't fall for that line either. And then Janelle explains that this money that Kody and Robyn gave Christine was actually family money that they all contributed to and presumably all own an equal share. Kody is susch a liar. 

Interesting that Kody refers to the family pot of money as his and Robin's money. Very telling!

37 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

I always wonder why Janelle seems to get a pass from Kody about not treating the family (Robyn) better. Janelle has zero relationship with Robyn, and yet Kody always seemed to take his anger out on Christine's relationship with Robyn as far back as Las Vegas. 

I don't think Kody has any expectation that Janelle is going to create an emotional attachment with anyone. However he has seen over the years that Christine has offered love, support, nurturing to everyone in the family. He automatically expected her to treat Robyn as lovingly as Kody himself treats Robyn, because to him that was Christine's role and more importantly because he asked it of her and she should comply.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

So, since the show is so integral to their lives, I wonder what the clincher will be to keep the show going.  It’s true that they are still a polygamist family, but with the current setup, I’d say they are stretching it.  I guess it depends on whether Janelle hangs in there or not. Would TLC keep a show going about a polygamist husband arguing with his ex wives?  Lol. Nothing surprises me about TLC.   I don’t think Kody has the energy or desire to take a new wife, but that might be the only thing to add interest to new seasons.  I can’t imagine they will move forward with building on CP. 

I think it would be more entertaining to watch a show about Christine (and later Janelle) acclimating ( Janelle reacclimating) to life after Kody.   Also  to watch their  adult children’s lives.  I have zero interest in Meri, Leon, Kody or anyone associated with Robyn. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I thought they said it was Christine who was talking about leaving Kody before Flagstaff move, not Meri.  

I was saying when Kody said he heard from other wives that Christine had been talking about leaving for a long time that what her really meant was "Robyn told me ", not his "other wives".  

I can't help but wonder if Kody floated the idea of moving to Utah with Robyn and that Robyn told him Flagstaff wasn't the problem, that Christine was talking about leaving him long before Flagstaff.  The reason I think this conversation might have taken place is because Christine really felt that Kody was on board somewhat with the idea for her to feel so played when she brought it up to the group and Kody acted like it was a crazy suggestion. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Castina said:

I was saying when Kody said he heard from other wives that Christine had been talking about leaving for a long time that what her really meant was "Robyn told me ", not his "other wives".  

I can't help but wonder if Kody floated the idea of moving to Utah with Robyn and that Robyn told him Flagstaff wasn't the problem, that Christine was talking about leaving him long before Flagstaff.  The reason I think this conversation might have taken place is because Christine really felt that Kody was on board somewhat with the idea for her to feel so played when she brought it up to the group and Kody acted like it was a crazy suggestion. 

And it would be just Like Robyn to throw Christine under the bus, rather than telling Kody she doesn't want to move. Just like she blamed God for not finding her a rental, so she just had to buy the mansion.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8

Meow; boy, did the talons come out on Meri's porch! Meri is "angry" that, to paraphrase, Christine just "suddenly, one day decides to ABANDON THE FAMILY." The conversation between Meri and Robyn, as usual, was a whole lot of nothing other than them deciding that Janelle and Christine are no-gooders. Robyn didn't want "romantic love" but rather the sister-wives experience? Sure, Jan. I think the unspoken concern is: "what happens to our bank accounts if the show fizzles now?"

Kody continues to gaslight: Christine, who he is ATTACHED TO (suddenly), wasn't loved by him because she basically was selfish and wanted to take without giving (I guess raising 15 or so kids didn't count). He isn't close with his kids and won't travel to NC for Ysabel because her mother is toxic and he refuses to ride in a car with her.

Ysabel is my favorite; she is kind and sweet and has the grace and manners to make gentle excuses for her father's distance from her life- "he has kids here and yeah, there's still Covid around." I'm sure there have been many conversations between Christine and her children about Kody's alloof attitude and favoritism towards Robyn's kids. And that's ok- they are all mature and aware enough to miss and mourn a close relationship with their father. It doesn't constitute bashing him for her to acknowledge their sadness and loss.

• Like 3
  • Love 13

So this asshole can never take any responsibility for anything? It's all the wives faults.

His kids hate him, that's their mother's fault. He doesn't know his kids, that's the mothers fault too. Christine wanted love, but he never loved her. Then he's so fucking hateful when one of his wives dares to leave him. The common denominater is him and he's too busy curling his hair to see that he's the hateful one. He has these fucking shark eyes now and thought he could bully Christine into whatever he wanted. Whatever would benefit him and Robyn. Since the family pot of money is just for them. 

I hope Janelle has been hiding money from this mf and has her own fund out there.  Especially after this fucking episode. Meri needs to just leave and never look back. Jenelle needs to do the same and watch those two burn through their money without the other 3. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 13
17 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I will never forget the time Christine gave Robyn a photo with the footprints and apologized profusely for being "so unkind."  Poor Christine had to keep repeating how sorry she was, while Kody and Robyn stood there looking smug.   It killed me to see the way she was treated.  After all that Kody has put her through, she still won’t speak ill of him.  She called him "an amazing man" and wished her kids had seen that side of him.  She has been nothing but nice and cordial to him during this process.  Couldn’t be me.  I would have strung him up by his testicles.  But then again, I am a New Yorker, we don’t do nice.    

I’m trying to recall that.  Footprints….

Ref. Christine’s positive comments:  I have several thoughts.  One is that perhaps her therapist explained that nothing is gained from making it clear the other parent is terrible.  The kids internalize the comments and it says something about them too.  It makes them feel bad. A positive image speaks to their self esteem.  And, 

Its possible she really did have very positive memories back in the day, or

If Christine has read much about narcissistic personality disorder and that’s what she believes she’s dealing with,n then she knows that with them, you never get ahead with them by insults.  That antagonizes them and they’ll never let go off revenge.  You get more with compliments and faux kindness.  I speak from experience.  Lol

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 6
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2

I want to take that damned visor that Kootie wears, to show off his bald spots, and beat him over his rotten head.  Selfish asshole!  

I bet that's the only time he ever brought Janelle water the whole time she lived in the RV.  Poor Savanah!  And for him to try and guilt Christine by telling her that SHE's the reason Janelle can't build out there?  He knows damn good and well that they're NEVER going to pull utilities and build out there.  He and Sobyn can't even pay their damned property taxes on time.  Sobyn's been a complete waste of whatever money they've been able to get, because she has never contributed a nickel to the "fambly pot."  Her vanity business of crap joolry ended up in the hole, I'm sure.  

Meri is a money grubbing idiot for hanging around.  I hope by not sitting with Kootie at Logan's wedding, she's quiet quit that crappy relationship.  

Meri and Sobyn are jealous bitches.  They think Christine should "hang on" in a loveless sham "marriage."  Fuck them, along with their ramen-headed, so-called "priest."  What bullshit.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, Castina said:

So... "truth be told Meri, she was talking about leaving Kody before Flagstaff"...

So earlier when Kody said that the reason he wasn't being intimate with Christine was that she betrayed him and had been telling other wives he was leaving her long ago, it was ROBYN who told him that.  

Both Robyn and Kody really want to make it clear (or sell) the idea that the move to Flagstaff had nothing to do and/or added to their problems. 

Kody has said numerous times that people have told him Christine wanted to leave. Did it ever occur to him to TALK TO HER about it??

• Like 4
  • Applause 7
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Anyone else notice how Robyn was trying hard to keep her mouth shut so Meri would be the one to say out loud what they both were thinking?

Robyn is better at Meri's game than Meri is. Robyn knows to throw in a supportive thought or two for Christine in public, when Meri can't even get out of her own way.

This! Robyn seemed to be leading Meri through the whole conversation. IMO It seemed to me like Meri was trying to not say too much. Robyn wants an Ali She just cannot take responsibility for her part in this family’s dysfunction.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Kody has said numerous times that people have told him Christine wanted to leave. Did it ever occur to him to TALK TO HER about it??

Fixing a marriage is hard work and requires both humility and accountability. No way is Kody doing that. 

He could also go see his kids and tell them his side of story, since he claims that Christine is only telling one side. But they would ask him questions and call him out on his crap, and most is not willing to work through that either.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, toodywoody said:

I hope Janelle has been hiding money from this mf and has her own fund out there.  Especially after this fucking episode. Meri needs to just leave and never look back. Jenelle needs to do the same and watch those two burn through their money without the other 3. 

I hope so too but I doubt it seeing as she blew $50K on a fifth wheel that she decided after 3 or 4 months to park in storage and rent an apartment. And presumably it's still in storage one year later. And after watching her on the show last night having Kody tote the water and pour it in the water tank and drive her garbage cans to the end of the road I just wonder what in the hell possessed her to buy this thing.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
28 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I hope so too but I doubt it seeing as she blew $50K on a fifth wheel that she decided after 3 or 4 months to park in storage and rent an apartment. And presumably it's still in storage one year later. And after watching her on the show last night having Kody tote the water and pour it in the water tank and drive her garbage cans to the end of the road I just wonder what in the hell possessed her to buy this thing.  

So she's paying to store it and renting an apartment?  Sheesh.  At the very least, why not just rent a site at a campground.  They have utilities!!

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Castina said:

I was saying when Kody said he heard from other wives that Christine had been talking about leaving for a long time that what her really meant was "Robyn told me ", not his "other wives.

By process of elimination, it had to be her.  Robyn told Meri she "heard", so clearly, she wasn't told by Christine and Janelle wouldn't spit on her even if she was on fire.  So, when Kody said that Christine had been talking about leaving him for years, I believe it’s fair to say that Robyn was the one who told him.  Now, she has the nerve to wring her hands and say, “a bomb has gone off in my family”, when she was the one who planted it. I think the question is did someone actually tell her, or did she make it up to cause friction between Kody and Christine?

• Like 6
12 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Would TLC keep a show going about a polygamist husband arguing with his ex wives?

If the ratings are good, the show will continue. It might be called "After Polygamy" "A New Dawn" or something along those lines. Follow the adventures of the former sister wives as they make their way in the world as single women.

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

So, since the show is so integral to their lives, I wonder what the clincher will be to keep the show going.  

Maybe that's why Meri and Robyn are so angry with Christine. They know she's popular with the fans and they're afraid she might get her own show about her great new life without Kody and them. 

Came back to say: I just realized that Janelle, Robyn and Meri are all divorced from legal marriages, so who are they to judge Christine for wanting to end a not legal one? 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

I’d love to know how the ‘family’ pot is funded. 

Do they each agree to contribute a certain percentage of their income? Do they each contribute an equal amount? 

I’d also like to how it’s distributed, currently. 

In the past, some members have gotten more than their fair share. We all know it was never Christine (or Janelle, but that’s another story), so even *if* she ‘came out ahead’, she really didn’t. It’s more like things evened out.

I just had a related thought- Christine made it a point to say that she had made every mortgage payment with her own money. Am I reading into that or did she make the point because family money had possibly been going to pay for Robyn’s mortgage? And/or her rental before that? 

The Brown finances would take an forensic accountant to really figure what’s going on. 

On another related note…I was listening to a true crime podcast. The setting was a commune where everyone helps equally and all the fruits of their labor are equally divided. At least that was the plan. They have members who believe in the lifestyle and work hard. But then they had new members come join, who didn’t pull their weight. However, they were still be provided for as much as the next guy. Until things got heated, hence it being a true crime story.  Anyway, it reminded me of the Brown family and the unfair division of combined funds. 

• Like 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Dobian said:

I only watch this show now for Robyn's eyebrows.  I want to see if they mate and make a third one in the middle. 

Thanks a lot, Dobian!!!! 

Those things have always looked like she has two big, ol', leeches sitting above her eyeballs and I've been waiting for them to start squirming around.  Now, you've got me breathless with anticipation for the third one to be born.  LOLOL  🤣

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

I was wondering if Christine besides taking her profit from her house is rightfully refusing to contribute to the family pot. This would increase the financial pressure on Kody who loves to talk about how busy he is but certainly isn’t swimming in cash.

I think he’s realizing that he’s completely screwed up managing his money and his life and has no idea how to fix it.

• Like 3

I hope that TLC pays these people separately and not in one check made out to Kody Brown. Because Christine is still part of the show she should get paid. She has pretty much carried the show last season and this season.

Meri and Janelle are hanging in for two reasons the paycheck and the boost that it gives to their MLM businesses. I don't balme them. They have received the short end of the stick for years so why quit now?   

• Like 1
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, Shelbie said:

I was wondering if Christine besides taking her profit from her house is rightfully refusing to contribute to the family pot. This would increase the financial pressure on Kody who loves to talk about how busy he is but certainly isn’t swimming in cash.

I think he’s realizing that he’s completely screwed up managing his money and his life and has no idea how to fix it.

Well, that's on him. He wanted to be this man that had this big family and 4 wives, but he didn't want to put in the work. He left it to the wives to do everything. He wanted to have his cake and eat it too. He wanted to have the money to go buy big ass houses in Las Vegas and drive all sorts of sports cars. He has never ruled over his little kingdom like he thinks. He left it to Christine to take care of the kids, he left it to Jenelle to work and provide for the family, and he left it to Meri to 'rule' over the other 2. Meanwhile, he went from here to there and everything was 'taken' care of. Then Robyn came into the picture and contributed nothing except needing all this help when she should have been able to take care of her own kids if she wasn't taken care of others or working. Then they moved to Las Vegas and should have lived simpler but the 'fame' went to his head. So he kept dipping into the family pot and doing whatever he wanted.

So if it is a mess, he is to blame since he thinks that the wives should conform to his patriarchy. When he is a little too late, he never enforced it all these years because he was too busy twitting around and telling everyone how busy he was. I bet he was one of these men that went from job to job to job and therefore the family he insisted on having had to provide for themselves instead of the patriarch doing it. He's a fucking sad example of a man taking care of his family because he's too busy saying how busy he is and blaming his wives.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 9
19 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

I always wonder why Janelle seems to get a pass from Kody about not treating the family (Robyn) better. Janelle has zero relationship with Robyn, and yet Kody always seemed to take his anger out on Christine's relationship with Robyn as far back as Las Vegas. 

The only thing I can think of is that Janelle has left Kody's ass before, so maybe he was afraid she'd do it again.  Ironic, then, that the "keep sweet" wife is the one bailing.

10 hours ago, magemaud said:

Came back to say: I just realized that Janelle, Robyn and Meri are all divorced from legal marriages, so who are they to judge Christine for wanting to end a not legal one? 

Excellent point!  The other three were allowed to leave a bad marriage, so why can't Christine?  I also think it eats them up inside that Christine is positively glowing, is not taking any more of Kody's crap, and has lost the burden of a 180-pound Neandertal on her shoulders, making her both literally and figuratively lighter.  It's no fun to be miserable when there's no one else as miserable as you, and for those women, that miserable person was Christine.  Now that she's peaced out, Meri and Janelle are forced to reckon with their own misery.

The biggest thing I took from this episode was that as some of us suspected, Savanah was very unhappy with her living situation.  And who can blame her?  She's being forced to live in very close proximity to her mom - something every teenage girl wants to do.  She knows that her dad has little to no intention of spending any time at the RV.  Water has to be carefully rationed.  Her step-sisters visited and compared her bedroom to the dog's room and her bathroom to a footbath.  I think Savanah is pretty passive and just goes along with whatever Janelle wants, because what else can she do?  She can't go live with her dad, where she probably knows she's not wanted.  If Janelle moved Savanah out to CP on the pretense that they'd be building a house soon and Janelle knew that was a lie, then Janelle should be ashamed.

Did anyone else catch Kody in one of his interviews almost call Coyote Pass "Kody Pass?"  Yeah, this guy's ego..............

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
55 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

The biggest thing I took from this episode was that as some of us suspected, Savanah was very unhappy with her living situation.  And who can blame her?  She's being forced to live in very close proximity to her mom - something every teenage girl wants to do.  She knows that her dad has little to no intention of spending any time at the RV.  Water has to be carefully rationed.  Her step-sisters visited and compared her bedroom to the dog's room and her bathroom to a footbath.  I think Savanah is pretty passive and just goes along with whatever Janelle wants, because what else can she do? 

Savanah may have been happy with the idea when Janelle proposed it - we don't know about any private conversations they had - but having her step-sisters being so mean about the space had to hurt. Then the reality of it was worse than expected for her and her mom. This was her mom's dream and she went along with it, but I think Janelle reversed course and looked for that apartment in town when Savanah told her how she really felt. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

The only thing I can think of is that Janelle has left Kody's ass before, so maybe he was afraid she'd do it again.  Ironic, then, that the "keep sweet" wife is the one bailing.

Just had a thought.  Janelle left but came back, and Kody was okay with it.  But he won't extend the same grace toward Meri or Christine.  Hmmm.   Why?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

Just had a thought.  Janelle left but came back, and Kody was okay with it.  But he won't extend the same grace toward Meri or Christine.  Hmmm.   Why?

Because now there's the TV show. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1