Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E08: Hang on with Me

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

I am watching this show again and I can’t, for the life of me, understand why Meri stays. It seems like every week she reiterates that dipstick wants no part of her, in any form. What the hell happened to her that she’s ok with being an absolute doormat for him? There was a scene several seasons ago where they went on a “date” and he pretty much told her he was repulsed by the thought of being with her and she just let it roll off her back. Ski truly wanted to jump through the screen and smash his face to bits. He had the same conversation with Christine, and he was certain she would react the same way. So glad it did not. The best part of that is getting to see him feel emasculated after thinking he was all that and a family sized bag of chips

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Meri does have support outside the “marriage” - she has a daughter who I believe lives in Chicago(?), and she could move there to be near her and her girlfriend/fiancé/wife, whatever she is to her.

Meri has one adult child, Leon, who uses they/them pronouns. Leon's partner is Audrey, who also uses they/them pronouns. They wear gold bands on their left ring fingers but I don't think they have confirmed that they are married. I'm not sure where they live; it was Chicago for awhile but I think they moved during Covid and I'm not sure where they are now. I have read speculation that Meri and Leon aren't particularly close but I don't know if that.s true either. I think Meri does have some support through friends who aren't connected to the rest of the Browns and it seemed like she was close to her mom before she passed.

I think she stays because she loves Kody. I don't think he loves her; maybe he never did. I think the rational part of her knows that he treats her terribly and he will never be kind toward her, much less romantic, but I think she just can't let go.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 10/31/2022 at 9:57 PM, Teafortwo said:

If the ratings are good, the show will continue. It might be called "After Polygamy" "A New Dawn" or something along those lines. Follow the adventures of the former sister wives as they make their way in the world as single women.

A New Dawn. Excellent 

• Like 3
On 11/1/2022 at 1:51 PM, mythoughtis said:

Because Janelle bought the Lehi house when she came back.  

He let her come back, but did he really? She’s just “wifey #2” with whom he has as much to do with as he did Christine. Robin is the only wife he has recognized as a wife for the last several seasons. The other 3 have simply been nannie’s for his other 15 kids.  He is a despicable, narcissistic, hypocritical POS who is not living a polygamistic life - he is living a regular married life with 3 (now 2) maids/servants he treats like yesterday’s trash. And they take it. Shame on THEM. People will treat you the way you let them treat you, and he knows, 100%, that they aren’t going anywhere. Meri in particular. If it wasn’t Kotex we were talking about, I would say it is unfortunate that their husband ignores them, but it is him so I think they make out in the deal. The guy is off the charts on the Creepy Meter

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
13 minutes ago, Medium said:

'm just delving into this thread now, so forgive me if I'm repeating comments, still reading tonight

But Robyn saying anything whatsoever about divorce...

Christine is literally the only one who has not been divorced!  She is also the only one who was never legally married!

Meri: got divorced form Kodouche because .. Robyn needed him to adopt her kids🤨

And she was pursuing a dude named Sam, who was decidedly not a dude, but an elderly lady from Kansas?  Do I have have that right?

Janelle was divorced from her first husband.. wasn't it Meri's brother?  In any case she is legally divorced.

Robyn divorced her first husband, because he was mean, and they were in a marital union.  She gave him her cookies, for God's sake!  Don't give your cookies away, girls, they will just eat them and then what will you have except your lingerie?  Be cautious, in Jesus name, amen.  Or Something. (That homily was confusing.)

Do I have this right?

Sorry I got distracted:  

Main point:  Christine is literally the only one who has never been divorced .

And she will continue to be the only one, because she was never actually married.

GO CHRISTINE!

Edited by Medium
  • Like 1

In various articles, I  always read about Kody's "youngest wife". Like she's some hot, 25 year old trophy wife.  She's just a few years younger than Christine and I think maybe ten years younger than Meri.   At this age- it's all about the same so stop with the "youngest" - try "most bitter" or " meanest".  That seems a more appropriate label.  

• Like 6
  • Wink 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Midwestern Lady said:

In various articles, I  always read about Kody's "youngest wife". Like she's some hot, 25 year old trophy wife.  She's just a few years younger than Christine and I think maybe ten years younger than Meri.   At this age- it's all about the same so stop with the "youngest" - try "most bitter" or " meanest".  That seems a more appropriate label.  

And "frowniest."

She looks like the sad part of a comedy/tragedy mask.

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2

Omg, Meri "Banana Fellatio" Brown talking about how angry she is that Christine is opting out of the family...Flames, on the sides of my face... 

Robyn is ridiculous, obviously, but I will begrudgingly say that she made a couple of good points in this episode. Kody didn't fight for his relationship with Christine, and he's not putting any effort into the ones he has left. He ignores Meri completely, isn't staying at Jenelle's, and it sounds like he's a sullen mess at Robyn's. He needs to stop walking around angry and start taking some accountability (ha!). 

• Like 2