Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E05: The Last Family Gathering

• Start Topic

On 10/10/2022 at 1:54 PM, Meowwww said:

Robyn and her goiter saying they don’t need a truck. Kody standing there and saying a soccer mom Janelle won’t drive it.  FU idiot Kody 

Soccer Mum. Lol. Look up soccer mum in the dictionary Kody. It isnt a picture of Janelle 🤣😂

• Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6

Oh my word!  The whole trailergate is ridiculous.  

First off, living in an RV is not a novice idea, especially nowadays with people converting to Trailer life, RV life and even Van life.  Families of 5 are living in Campers just fine.  Its not that big of a deal.  They do not need to lay a pad down but just put it on level ground and rock would not hurt for when it rains.  The RV or 5th wheel she got is huge and plenty of room for Janelle.

Mary needs to step back with the "I don't want a RV pad on my property" crap.  WTH!  When was the last time Mary was even out at the property to "hang out" and the family meetings don't count.  You want Christine to suck it and stay but you can't find it in your cold heart to let Janelle stay on your lot of land.  Sheesh.

I am totally on Janelle's side and happy she is actually DOING something to get something built on the property.  You would think the family would behind her on it.  Nope.  and Janelle would be able to drive that truck just fine.  

Oh, and Kody still sucks with Robyn and Mary as a close second.

• Love 18
On 10/12/2022 at 12:12 AM, monagatuna said:

I agree..."consecutive" doesn't align with "max per year." If the ban is on more than 120 consecutive days, then you could just move it overnight and move it back every three months (kind of like having to leave the country every 6 months on a spousal visa, overnight trip from UK to France, then you're good for six months). If the ban is more than 120 total days per year, then it wouldn't matter whether they were consecutive or not.

I wonder how enforced it would be. Are the po-po hanging out at Coyote Pass?  Also what’s the fine?  I would maybe chance it if it wasn’t too much. 
~~~
I don’t know why they were acting like they’ll never get together again.  Christine will visit or at least bring Truley there for the summer I’m sure. Cody can crow about his 50/50, but he’ll still have some visitation and I don’t think Christine would deprive Truley of that.  I don’t think she’s that mean spirited. Whether Truley wants to spend much time there may be another question. Plus, there Logan’s wedding, Leon’s engaged, and many other kids will probably marry someday. Also let’s say Maddie & fan were coming to AZ for a vist.  I could see Christine and/or some of the kids trying to visit at the same time. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

Yeah good,  but doubt it will happen . Maybe for a wedding or two. Doubt there will be many other "family gatherings".I think this family is in effect totally dead as described in the original description of the show...

• Love 8

I'm thinking there will be plenty of gatherings - just not in AZ.

So who knows if R&K will go seeing how Robyn has to make some kind of sacrifice at every single gathering she attends. She freezes, she trudges a sick kid along, she and the kids stay up too late, they suffer through traveling, etc.

• Like 5
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, gaPeach said:

Mary needs to step back with the "I don't want a RV pad on my property" crap.  WTH!  When was the last time Mary was even out at the property to "hang out" and the family meetings don't count.

Agree.  Some people might put in a concrete pad.  But when someone is living in it on a build site, they usually just do the level and cover with gravel , like you said.  Then few people I know who own one, have a concrete pad, because they store it on their property.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 10/12/2022 at 11:53 AM, Mothra said:

If Kotex wants to be treated as a Patriarch, he should act like one.   A Patriarch should be above petty preferences among wives--or at least shouldn't show them--and make sure they are all treated equally, in every way, as far as is humanly possible

I was just watching the interview show after Season 1 with Kody and the wives and he said part of the reason he wanted to do the show was to show people what polygamy really means and to show them that is NOT a patriarchy. LOL He also said if a wife wants to leave, she can. It is her choice BUT that she has to take the children. He did then say that he would pay them more money or buy them a house close by but apparently a lot has changed since Season 1.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 6
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

So who knows if R&K will go seeing how Robyn has to make some kind of sacrifice at every single gathering she attends. She freezes, she trudges a sick kid along, she and the kids stay up too late, they suffer through traveling, etc.

Long suffering Saint Robyn… 🙄

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 8

I was watching some season one episodes and it is really jarring how performative Kody is in the early days. He just seemed over the top in trying to portray himself as the perfect adoring husband and wonderful father to all the wives and children. I mean ridiculously, fakely so. I think the real Kody is much closer to the man we have seen these last couple of years. He doesn't really have any interest in anyone but himself and whichever wife (Robyn) and children (hers) that take his fancy at the moment. He's just not even trying to fake it any more.

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • Love 13

Even though Kody was oblivious to the fact that Ysabel was turning 18, was his whole mansplaining of a “Sweet Sixteen Party being for a girl who had never been kissed” something he was just pulling out of his butt or is it really a thing? 

Poll here: Whose singing was worse, Christine butchering “Unwritten” or Lidia Plath’s caterwauling in the meadow to Jesus? 

• LOL 4
On 10/11/2022 at 10:14 AM, KateHearts said:

It's amusing to me that Kody just acts like he has endless money to throw up a couple of extra houses as "rental property" which he presumes will provide income; yet he doesn't seem to take into account that building a house, paying taxes on it, keeping it up, providing uitilities- are EXPENSES. I'm sure he hasn't done any math or anything to see if all of those expenses would be offset by rental income (who wants to go live on the Brown compound as tenants? Anyone?)

He can’t keep up as a husband. Can you imagine him as your landlord ???

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Even though Kody was oblivious to the fact that Ysabel was turning 18, was his whole mansplaining of a “Sweet Sixteen Party being for a girl who had never been kissed” something he was just pulling out of his butt or is it really a thing? 

Poll here: Whose singing was worse, Christine butchering “Unwritten” or Lidia Plath’s caterwauling in the meadow to Jesus? 

Sorry to say, Kootie's butt is plugged up with Sobbyn's hand.  He's her puppet, and she calls the shots.

I've heard the saying before, and it would have chapped her daddy's ass if Ysabel would have said, "I've been kissed more times than I can count."  She actually had to tell him she was 18!  What a jackass he is.  ☹️

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Kody saw his brother's widow at the holidays--then why is he throwing a fit about seeing his family?

Did he demand they follow the Kody rules at the holidays and then when he picked up the pick up?

Or does he only require it from people he doesn't want to spend time with?

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 1
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Kody saw his brother's widow at the holidays--then why is he throwing a fit about seeing his family?

Dif he demand they follow the Kody rules at the holidays and then when he picked up the pick up?

Considering the timing, what holiday was it?

• Like 1

And what about patriarchy?

Kody was onboard with Janelle living there until he talked with Robyn.  

And now he thinks Janelle needs to ask the coven for permission.

Robyn is against it, because it could mean she might end up selling her mansion in the trees (yep, in trees even though that was the reason she didn't want the property that Christine and Kody wanted over Coyote Pass).

Meri is against it because it is Janelle doing this and she is a controlling, selfish b@*ch.

12 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It would have been Christmas 2020 or Easter 2021 (Mykelti was born in April 2021).

And Kody this season said he wouldn't visit Christine's house if a child went to school and was uncomfortable helping  Ysabel move to school in NC.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Easter 2021? Or was it further back when Janelle's mom (Kootie's stepmother) died right before Xmas 2020 & he was in Wyoming and not following any protoculls whatsoever?

The thing that got me about Kootie this season saying his little truck couldn't pull a trailer is that I remember him driving a big ass truck last season that I hadn't seen before when he went out to pill (peel) logs and yell at either the wives or Janelle's boys. It looked a lot like the big ass truck he unexpectedly bought from his dead brother's wife and drove to Janelle's rennel before picking up her trailer. I suspected that he bought it much earlier (or said he would) to help out his sister in law and also to have something of his brother's. He would have bought it trailer or no trailer to feel manly.

Edited by deirdra
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I thought the cistern was just for an episode and was actually on someone else's property.  Maybe I was right after all?

I thought the same thing since I didn't remember there being that many trees near the road at PlygPlagueville.  Also, the truck driving the cistern turned into a property and drove through a huge log entry "gate" like you see on big ranches with the name of the ranch carved into them. The Browns don't have anything like that (if they did, it would be front and center during every visit to their property).

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I've heard the saying before, and it would have chapped her daddy's ass if Ysabel would have said, "I've been kissed more times than I can count."  She actually had to tell him she was 18!  What a jackass he is.  ☹️

"Sweet sixteen and never been kissed" is an expression I'm familiar with, too, but a sweet sixteen birthday party, I thought, was something else altogether.  From watching reality TV, I thought it was "Sweet Sixteen and buy me a car."

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

How does Cody and the other women feel Christine should stay in the marriage?? They haven't had sex in over 10 years and he tells her he doesn't feel attracted to  Her. That means you're not married.. It's not like someone who's been incapacitated and can't have sex.. Now Mari needs to get the heck out.  I think the final straw for Christine was when he wouldn't even go for his daughter's surgery. That surgery is  serious. Any back surgery is serious.And I think his daughter was deeply, deeply hurt by his not being there.

BTW, I think Cody's only attracted to them when the women can have kids.  I think that's why Mary was in the catfish situation. But they no longer can have children he sets them aside. 1st Mary, then Christine, and probably Janelle shortly, and then Robyn.  Then he'll be looking for a younger fertile women.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
On 10/14/2022 at 9:41 AM, GeeGolly said:

Agree. I think there will be pockets of kids who keep in touch with visits, and ones who don't. It will never be the whole fam or majority though. 

• Love 4
On 10/16/2022 at 6:53 PM, Ms.Lulu said:

Did he demand they follow the Kody rules at the holidays and then when he picked up the pick up?

On 10/16/2022 at 6:56 PM, ginger90 said:

Most likely when he said the "holidays" it was the time he went up to Janelle's mothers funeral and would have seen the extended family. On the show it had his talking head saying that he was worried about the promise he made Robyn that he would be there for Christmas and he had to get a covid test first. Naturally the only promises that seem to count with Kody are the ones he makes to Robyn.

On 10/16/2022 at 7:14 PM, magemaud said:

So, whatever happened with that huge cistern to bring water to CP  they had dug last season? 

It could be seen in the background when Kody and Janelle were talking.  It isn't even buried but just sitting in a "shallow grave" of sorts.  It is put right next to the road by all the trees that Kody likes to poke at the bark while filming.

On 10/16/2022 at 8:02 PM, deirdra said:

I thought the same thing since I didn't remember there being that many trees near the road at PlygPlagueville.  Also, the truck driving the cistern turned into a property and drove through a huge log entry "gate" like you see on big ranches with the name of the ranch carved into them. The Browns don't have anything like that (if they did, it would be front and center during every visit to their property).

It seems like the giant gate is further away from their CP properties, but you have to go through it at some point to get on the access road they are always filming on. I am guessing from reading off and on that the whole area was one big ranch that has been divided into parcels and is kinda like a country gated community. Long ago someone online said that they were driving through and tried to see the property but they couldn't get past the "gate". 

• Like 2
On 10/13/2022 at 8:53 PM, Tdoc72 said:

I wonder how enforced it would be. Are the po-po hanging out at Coyote Pass?  Also what’s the fine?  I would maybe chance it if it wasn’t too much. 

I doubt it would be an issue. I think that law is to allow people to have recourse in case there’s an RV parked endlessly on a public street, etc. I’m quite sure you can have your own RV on your own property without having to move it. And if they did have to move it, just switch it back and forth between Kody and Janelle, or Janelle and Christine’s. Christine is gone; she doesn’t care. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I doubt it would be an issue. I think that law is to allow people to have recourse in case there’s an RV parked endlessly on a public street, etc. I’m quite sure you can have your own RV on your own property without having to move it. And if they did have to move it, just switch it back and forth between Kody and Janelle, or Janelle and Christine’s. Christine is gone; she doesn’t care. 

From their county website:

B72FE875-249F-49AF-AFB4-5D0F6F8748CE.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Useful 8
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

From their county website:

B72FE875-249F-49AF-AFB4-5D0F6F8748CE.jpeg

120 days per calendar year?!?!

So she’d have to move it off her lot to another lot, then another lot and another lot and she can’t move it back to her lot for a year?  And they’d have to make a parking pad for it on each lot and keep shuffling it around?

Edited by Joan of Argh
SpellingK
  • Like 3
8 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

120 days per calendar year?!?!

So she’d have to move it off her lot to another lot, then another lot and another lot and she can’t move it back to her lot for a year?  And they’d have to make a parking pad for it on each lot and keep shuffling it around?

Just like their rotating bankruptcies in the early days, yet another way to beat the system. 

If their lots were within view of a home I had built, given the cost of the lot, utilities run and home construction, I would no doubt be on the hook for $1,000,000 or more.

Moving the unit a few hundred yards every 3 months does not negate the fact that I am staring at a blight on the landscape every time I look that way.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

If their lots were within view of a home I had built, given the cost of the lot, utilities run and home construction, I would no doubt be on the hook for $1,000,000 or more.

Moving the unit a few hundred yards every 3 months does not negate the fact that I am staring at a blight on the landscape every time I look that way.

I totally agree. Those lots were meant for big expensive homes. I don't care how expensive the RV was, it is not something I would want to look out my window and see. Next thing you know there's one on each of their lots and they just rotate them. Turns into a trailer park really quickly.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Just like their rotating bankruptcies in the early days, yet another way to beat the system. 

exactly Sandy, no one wants to look out the window of their home and see RV's, water tanks, sheds, yurts, tents and the accompanying paraphernalia dotting the landscape. 😡

Typical Brown BS, they buy a bunch of land that they aren't financially able to develop and then it becomes someone else's problem.

I recall reports of them propping open the gate into the Las Vegas properties so it better served their constant stream of broken down vehicles, teenagers coming and going and filming crews with no concern for the neighbors at the other end of the cul-de-sac.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 5