Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E05: The Last Family Gathering

• Start Topic

On 10/9/2022 at 11:56 PM, candall said:

My loathing for Kody grew and grew until it turned the corner and I just started laughing at him for what a fool he is.

He hates to see "equipment" unused and going to waste, but HORRORS, NO! "Soccer mom" Janelle can't drive the new giant penis toy!  Pardon me?  Isn't Janelle the one who trudged out to work, day in, day out, for all eternity to keep this family in Wonder Bread and Jif?  That truck has an automatic transmission, it's not some 16-gear tractor-trailer big-rig.  I'm sure Truely could drive that truck around the Kroger parking lot if someone gave her a pillow to sit on.

And was anyone able to keep a straight face when Kody was kvetching about the two of them having to live in that trailer?  As IF.  <eyeroll>

I felt bad for Meri.  Kody is stomping around throwing a pissy hissy fit because Christine's breaking up the band and moving away, but two minutes later he's all <snap> <snap> "What's your name again?  Oh, yeah, MERI.  Hit the road, Jack, I mean Meri.  Don't you have a B&B somewhere you could move to?"  And then he laughs about it and says there was no intentional innuendo.  He's one thoughtless, cruel little fucker, isn't he?  With a bad perm.  I can't wait until he's working with his one last little pubic banana curl, carefully trained to fall casually across one blue eye.

Christine for the win.  All that angst about whether she was going to screw them on the land, somehow.  Would she name an outrageous price or refuse to sell it to the family outright?  Well, shame on you.  With calm and grace, Christine just watches them squabble and counts herself fortunate to be out of it.  Good for you, Christine.

Well, well, VERY well said!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

The only one I can think of that Kootie could rope in to rent a house he'll never build, is friend and wife beater Kyle.  Another jackass.

If Robyn has her druthers, the two extra houses would be for DAB and maybe SA eventually.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, magemaud said:

I don't know anything about this, but is it absolutely necessary for the RV to be on some kind of "pad" short term? That's why I suggested a campground that was set up for RV parking

There are lots of campgrounds and RV parks where you park on dirt (in the desert), or grass (where grass naturally grows).  One step up from that is gravel, then asphalt, and then concrete.  A concrete pad is prized because it means less dirt tracked inside, zero danger of sinking, and it will be level (always a vexation for RVs).  But sites with concrete pads are by no means the majority, and you'll pay a premium for them.

This is the KOA in Flagstaff.  The road (on the right in the photo) is paved, but the sites aren't.

9c4d38cf-7438-4a44-a919-edf632bfa30ephot

It wouldn't be a bad idea to grade a spot for Janelle's trailer, and maybe add some gravel, but from what I've seen of the land, I don't think there would be a problem parking on it as is, if you can find a spot level enough.

5 hours ago, kassa said:

If it sinks 2 feet into soft soil because they DIDN'T park on a solid, dry, level surface, who's going to tow it out?

A big tow truck can do the job.  It probably won't be covered by AAA or other roadside service because it's not on a public road (from what I can tell), but if you're willing to pay, they'll come get you unstuck.  It happens on beaches all the time, especially when people don't take into account the tide.  😲  In some areas, on busy weekends the tow trucks stage nearby, and extract a hefty fee along with the RV.  At least it cuts down on the wait time.

2 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Maybe the restriction is 120 days in a one-year period? If so, she'd need to move it 3x per year.

I looked at the Coconino County zoning ordinance (I love that name--Coconino County), and if there's not a dwelling unit on the parcel, it allows temporary occupancy of an RV "for a period not to exceed 120 consecutive days per calendar year."  

https://www.coconino.az.gov/DocumentCenter/View/31215/Coconino-County-Zoning-Ordinance---Final-Approved-June-9-2022?bidId=

The lawyer in me wants to fiddle around with "120 consecutive days."  What about a total of 180 non-consecutive days, made up of six batches of 30 days there followed by 4 days gone, repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat?  Although you have to get a permit to do it at all, so I'm thinking the clerk will just tell you to take the 120 days or leave it, and buzz off with your legal gymnastics.

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • Like 1
  • Useful 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

If Janelle’s property actually had an active building permit, she could stay put for 6 months. That would mean building on the lot while the RV is on the lot at the same time. Not sure the RV and building process could coexist on her lot though.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 4
16 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

it allows temporary occupancy of an RV "for a period not to exceed 120 consecutive days per calendar year."  

Okay, so that means Janelle can park on "her" lot for 120 days, then she must move it to a Sister Wives' plot and again for another four months before the clock resets? Got it! 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 1

I really do love this season. Kody, Robyn, and Meri are always frowning and unhappy.

The one exception is, I feel bad about Bonnie passing away. It's satisfying to see Meri miserable, but I don't want it to be because her mom passed. I like to see her unhappy because Kody told her to go live at the B&B and because Christine is breaking free.

I love seeing Kody, Robyn, and Meri finally get their due. They are hateful people. I can't stand those three.

Janelle and Christine on the other hand, seem very happy. Janelle seems very excited about her RV. Christine seems very hopeful and optimistic about her new life. The evil three can't hurt her anymore. The icing on the cake would be to see Janelle leave. 

Finally we're seeing the two underdogs win. It's been a long wait.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Libby said:

Kody, Robyn, and Meri aren't nice people. They're just two weeks into the new family configuration and Robyn is already getting into Kody's ear to jockey for position against Janelle. Of course Kody and Meri are jumping on Robyn's bandwagon. The three of them will continue to gang up on Janelle until she leaves too. I hope that she doesn't wait too long to get the heck away from them. They are toxic.

Then, when she finally leaves, they will all cry that it's so sad that she's breaking up the family.

The three of them are unbelievably dysfunctional and mean.

They deserve to be on a planet by themselves so they don’t contaminate or corrupt anyone else.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I don't think Christine's continuing jealousy and resentment over what happened with Robyn and Kody would allow to her spend a holiday with them, and the same goes for how Kody is towards Christine. 

Christine has plenty of people to spend holidays with who actually love and care for her.  She doesn’t need the aforementioned clown posse to validate her anymore.  I can see Christine and her kids and families gradually backing away from the whole Flagstaff scenario and never looking back.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6

I bet Kody got mad Christine called his truck wimpy and little and that’s really why he had to run out to get the big monster truck to help Janelle.  Kody does not want America questioning the capabilities or size of his truck.  

Robyn jabbering about 20 somethings Day’un and Aurora being confused about the divorce was so ridiculous. The only thing they were probably confused about is being surprised that she hadn’t already left since they probably hadn’t seen her in years.  

• Like 10
  • Applause 5
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, monagatuna said:

I'm not trying to yuck anyone's yum, but that song grates on my nerves even when a GOOD singer sings it. At least she wasn't summoning birds to fall dead out of the sky or breaking glass with her shrieking falsetto a la "Let Me Call You Sweetheart," but still...ugh that was bad. I don't know when or how Christine got to be the "musical one," because, well, she's not. It would've been cute for them to just sit around singing it as a family, but the effort of trying to distract [whichever kid was the guest of honor, I forget], setting up the mic and amps...all that effort just to sing and play badly. But the Browns half-ass everything, so it makes sense.

Kody can miss me with his "the intention was always to have five plots and rent out two houses." Was it, Kody? Because I seem to remember the original intention was to have a plyg palace, then it was to exile Meri into the trees, then it was to have two small plots and two big ones, then it was...well you see where I'm going with this. Also LOL at "it's called an asset." These dingbats don't have an asset to their name, and we all know it. And double LOL at not knowing his kid was turning 18 at her 18th birthday party. (I know, I know, I literally just forgot her name, but the difference is, I didn't sire her.) Oh my god, what a dingus. The stupidity is breathtaking.

Posts like this are why I like this board so much.

• Like 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I looked at the Coconino County zoning ordinance (I love that name--Coconino County), and if there's not a dwelling unit on the parcel, it allows temporary occupancy of an RV "for a period not to exceed 120 consecutive days per calendar year."  

https://www.coconino.az.gov/DocumentCenter/View/31215/Coconino-County-Zoning-Ordinance---Final-Approved-June-9-2022?bidId=

The lawyer in me wants to fiddle around with "120 consecutive days."  What about a total of 180 non-consecutive days, made up of six batches of 30 days there followed by 4 days gone, repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat?  Although you have to get a permit to do it at all, so I'm thinking the clerk will just tell you to take the 120 days or leave it, and buzz off with your legal gymnastics.

you could even do this:  park it from Sept 3 -Dec 31, and then then continue fromJanuary- April.  Because you’d be in a different calendar year and the 120  day count starts over Jan 1.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 8
  • Love 4

I can't get over Aurora and Breanna's clothes and makeup at Ysabelle's party. Aurora was just footwear away from FLDS. 

My dad was strict about his expectations for my sister and I. So, our skirts were longer than most girls, just above the knee, pants weren't tight, boobs didn't burst through the shirt. But he was strict about makeup. We had to put it on at school and take it off before we got home. 

The contrast with Aurora's sorta Prairie dress and her Dark Princess come slither makeup kind of rattles me. We were more modest in the Bible Belt.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

If they meant 120 total days/year, why wasn't the bylaw written that way?  Consecutive means in a row.  Why not 120 on, 2 off, 120 on, 2 off, 120 on, 1 off in 365 days?

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, deirdra said:

If they meant 120 total days/year, why wasn't the bylaw written that way?  Consecutive means in a row.  Why not 120 on, 2 off, 120 on, 2 off, 120 on, 1 off in 365 days?

I agree..."consecutive" doesn't align with "max per year." If the ban is on more than 120 consecutive days, then you could just move it overnight and move it back every three months (kind of like having to leave the country every 6 months on a spousal visa, overnight trip from UK to France, then you're good for six months). If the ban is more than 120 total days per year, then it wouldn't matter whether they were consecutive or not.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Christine has plenty of people to spend holidays with who actually love and care for her.  She doesn’t need the aforementioned clown posse to validate her anymore.  I can see Christine and her kids and families gradually backing away from the whole Flagstaff scenario and never looking back.

Christine's kids have biological half siblings they might someday want to spend time with. Christine seems to be all about Christine. She stayed in the marriage and made 6 kids when it suited her, even though Aspyn had play second parent to make it work and the rest of us had to fund her food stamps. Now she's leaving because it's what works for HER. Her kids had no health insurance because to get it, Christine might have to work weekends. Christine is as selfish as Kody in her own way. Christine isn't leaving because it's better for Truely or because Ysabel got ignored by Kody. Christine is leaving because Christine wants to live in Utah.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8
22 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Christine's kids have biological half siblings they might someday want to spend time with. Christine seems to be all about Christine. She stayed in the marriage and made 6 kids when it suited her, even though Aspyn had play second parent to make it work and the rest of us had to fund her food stamps. Now she's leaving because it's what works for HER. Her kids had no health insurance because to get it, Christine might have to work weekends. Christine is as selfish as Kody in her own way. Christine isn't leaving because it's better for Truely or because Ysabel got ignored by Kody. Christine is leaving because Christine wants to live in Utah.

Exactly Christine was more than willing to hang around and baby whisper to Kody calling him her “wonderful man”…. She stayed around when he nearly let Truely die and when he insisted on Ysabel living in pain and wearing a PVC pipe contraption from some quack but the minute he told Christine there’d be no more intimacy and that she’d have to start buff’n her own muff’n … that was the straw that broke the camels back.

None of the Browns are winning any congeniality  prizes including Christine. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9

Christine there’d be no more intimacy and that she’d have to start buff’n her own muff’n

The mental image of Christine "buff'n her own muff'n" makes me want to wash my eyes out with acid!! LOL

• LOL 11

Although I do give Christine points for leaving, I agree, her leaving does not make her a saint.

The way I see polygamy is, either the women are competing against each other to be the best wife, or its the women banding together to control the marriages. The Brown women competed with each other for nearly 30 years.

I give both Janelle and Christine points for overcoming past bullshit and becoming friends, but I also recognize their shitty treatment of hard to love Meri. And their unwelcoming energy toward Robyn.

And yes, Meri is a "walls up" bitch, but IMO the polyg marriage made her that way. She was a 20 something married woman who had to learn to share her husband. Being the first wife is undoubtedly the hardest position, so I do cut her some slack.

I also cut young Kody a wee bit of slack.

The only two I have no excuses for are Robyn and Kody. They were grown ass adults when she entered the family and they both have been, and still are, selfish assholes.

• Like 3
  • Love 7
On 10/10/2022 at 10:36 PM, Onecattoo said:

What was it with Kody continually says “we live out here” and “we live in this small RV”….there is NO we in him living with Janelle, he shows up with a platonic kiss and whatcha do’in, ignores the sons he told her to toss out and leaves before dinner!  I’m pretty sure he hasn’t slept with Janelle since Savannah was born, and she’s okay with that.  He’s not on her lease, he doesn’t live there - NO “we” in this scenario at all. 

Yup.  No way a Patriarch sleeps in an RV, even though Janelle's has a nice big bed.  I never got the impression Janelle was the housewife type of wife--it's been pointed out that she's the only one who had a really well-paying job (with a 401k!) and has been unselfish in sharing her earnings/inheritance with the family.  I'd say she's earned the right to be impatient about the building of her house and thus to live in whatever kind of temporary housing she wishes.  Assuming she plans to stick it out with Kotex and the Gang, which certainly seems to be the case, I think Kotex should shut up about any discomfort he predicts about her RV and get off his ass.  Janelle's RV is a put-up or shut-up moment afaic.

And about Merry and Parowan:  It's entirely possible that my memory is shot (god knows the rest of my brain is), but back when she was angling to buy that house (requiring some family money as well as her own), and Kotex was concerned that she was going to move there--pre-catfish, I think--wasn't she considering in her talking heads in fact that she'd like to move there, and would it be that big a dill?  I seem to remember that she rilly was considering how she could work it out, remaining in the Gang of Four but living in this house with her mother?  I guess that now her mother is no longer there, the appeal is gone for Merry.  And with Christine's defection, maybe she's anxious to do her part to keep the show on tv.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, deirdra said:

Because either they didn't mean it that way or they didn't think about it too hard.

They want to make sure that people aren't living in a broken-down RV/trailer with no utilities (particularly sewage) instead of living in something more permanent (even a mobile home requires actual utilities).  I've stayed in parks where the requirement was to make sure your unit could be moved if necessary (usually due to hurricanes), but it was mostly to make the park not look like a junk yard and be a health hazard.  Many parks require that the RV be no more than 10-15 years old or that the management needs to look at it first, for the same reason.  

If I were her and wanted to stay longer than 120 days, I'd move it to a RV park for a couple of days or a week in the middle of the term and keep the receipts.  While I also got my legal education from "Law and Order", "My Cousin Vinny", and John Grisham novels, I suspect the way the law is worked that doing that would be legal.

Edited by Fosca
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, Mothra said:

And about Merry and Parowan:  It's entirely possible that my memory is shot (god knows the rest of my brain is), but back when she was angling to buy that house (requiring some family money as well as her own), and Kotex was concerned that she was going to move there--pre-catfish, I think--wasn't she considering in her talking heads in fact that she'd like to move there, and would it be that big a dill?  I seem to remember that she rilly was considering how she could work it out, remaining in the Gang of Four but living in this house with her mother?  I guess that now her mother is no longer there, the appeal is gone for Merry.  And with Christine's defection, maybe she's anxious to do her part to keep the show on tv.

In my poor memory, I recall her saying she couldn’t make it her legal residence at the time of the loan. Business vs personal I’d guess.

• Useful 3

With all the discord and open discussions about their true feelings, have they mentioned MONEY.  I mean, are they getting their fair share of money from Kody? The gloves seem to have come off, but not about that. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Is the ordinance about parking an RV or living in one? I always thought the ordinance was to avoid RV owners parking a big ass RV in their yard or driveway, in congested neighborhoods.

From what I saw on the county site, the point of the RV not being permanently on Coyote Pass is, it’s considered a neighborhood, not a campground.

• Useful 3
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Although I do give Christine points for leaving, I agree, her leaving does not make her a saint.

The way I see polygamy is, either the women are competing against each other to be the best wife, or its the women banding together to control the marriages. The Brown women competed with each other for nearly 30 years.

I give both Janelle and Christine points for overcoming past bullshit and becoming friends, but I also recognize their shitty treatment of hard to love Meri. And their unwelcoming energy toward Robyn.

And yes, Meri is a "walls up" bitch, but IMO the polyg marriage made her that way. She was a 20 something married woman who had to learn to share her husband. Being the first wife is undoubtedly the hardest position, so I do cut her some slack.

I also cut young Kody a wee bit of slack.

The only two I have no excuses for are Robyn and Kody. They were grown ass adults when she entered the family and they both have been, and still are, selfish assholes.

I think their shitty treatment of Meri was earned. Their unwelcoming energy towards Robyn was in response to Robyn's usurper energy coming in. If I've learned anything from the Browns it's that Polygamy sucks for the women. All of this is Kody's fault. If he really was a righteous patriarch, he would not have allowed for his "houses" to become so divided. If he had only been able to control his whims and continue to spread himself around with all his wives and families equally, the women would have towed the line. But because he had to be with Robyn all the time, the other women were rightfully hurt and resentful. A Patriarch he is not.

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

With all the discord and open discussions about their true feelings, have they mentioned MONEY.  I mean, are they getting their fair share of money from Kody? The gloves seem to have come off, but not about that. 

I don’t think they want any sunlight shined on the mystery of their finances.

I think they are all in debt up to their eyebrows and simply shuffle debt around. Since this reality would go against Kody’s self image as a brilliant businessman I think we will only find out the truth when the show ends and they all have to declare bankruptcy.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, HoneyBeach said:

I think their shitty treatment of Meri was earned. Their unwelcoming energy towards Robyn was in response to Robyn's usurper energy coming in. If I've learned anything from the Browns it's that Polygamy sucks for the women. All of this is Kody's fault. If he really was a righteous patriarch, he would not have allowed for his "houses" to become so divided. If he had only been able to control his whims and continue to spread himself around with all his wives and families equally, the women would have towed the line. But because he had to be with Robyn all the time, the other women were rightfully hurt and resentful. A Patriarch he is not.

If Kotex wants to be treated as a Patriarch, he should act like one.   A Patriarch should be above petty preferences among wives--or at least shouldn't show them--and make sure they are all treated equally, in every way, as far as is humanly possible.

If the covid Protoculls were making it impossible for him to spend the night with anyone but Rubbing (and Merry?  Didn't she follow the rules, too?), he should have figured out a way to make it at the very least symbolically equal--like having a tent at Christine's and Janelle's house, or a camper or something.  In those big houses, isn't there a spare bedroom that could have been made a covid-free zone somehow?  No way he should be throwing up his hands and saying, "Welp, I guess I have to just move in with Rubbing, since the rest of you make me sick."  There has to have been another way where the deprived <snort> wives were not forced to concede their and their children's Kotex time to Rubbing and her offspring.

Spoiler

And another thing:  They moved to AZ to accommodate Rubbing's son's college career, right?  And he dropped out!  Yet they're still stuck there where nobody rilly wants to live.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 10/10/2022 at 7:17 AM, laurakaye said:

I needed a Kody-to-Common-Sense translator for this episode.

Hide contents

Previously on Pathetic Polygamist Patriarch Sister Wives:

Kody hates Christine but doesn’t want her to leave because it makes him look bad, and he suddenly remembers he has a daughter named Truely for whom he wants 50/50 custody when Christine moves to Utah to hook up with her Brown-money stealing boyfriend who doesn’t exist except in Kody’s own warped brain.  I think I have that right and if I do, I’m scared that I know this much about the inner workings of Kody Brown’s head – it’s a very dark and twisted place to be.

We begin tonight’s episode with a lovely panoramic mountain scene, which I immediately take as shade on Meri’s plea to Christine to “look at the mountains” but I’m not sure if the TLC producers are that clever.  Kody tells us that he’s on the fast track to divorcing Christine (not sure how that works when they were never legally married) and that he fills separate from the entire family because of it.  I think he’s just pissy that Christine, by leaving, is taking Kody’s ego with her and he’d prefer to just drive around in his lil’ baby man truck listening to Air Supply and ignoring everyone…and Kody wonders why he’s failing as Famb’ly Patriarch.  ‘Tis a mystery.

He drives to Janelle’s house in his deceased brother’s big MANLY truck that he purchased from his sister-in-law.  Kody says that he’s glad he has the truck but he won’t drive it around that much for reasons that I couldn’t understand, but Janelle is slobbering all over that truck.  She’s not afraid of driving that bad boy all over Flagstaff.  Think of the crates of Plexus she could haul in that thing.  Robyn pops up in a burgundy polyester blouse with white flowers, circa late '70's Sears catalog, and half-laughs that they didn’t need this truck but Kody bought it anyway.  Betcha Kody spent a few nights on the couch for that particular transaction.

Kody whines that he now has to move his crap out of Janelle’s house because clearly, his gun collection won’t fit in that stupid RV that she insisted on buying.  Apparently Kody has a lot of crap because he purchases four of everything he owns to keep at various wives’ houses, to which I say - no wonder these morons are broke.  The hair care products alone could probably stock half a Walgreens.  He goes on to Kody-‘splain that Janelle would need to move her RV every 4 months to comply with the law, so she needs to ask permission from the other wives if it’s okay for her park that beast on their land.  I think it’s cute that any of them are still pretending that it matters at all, since as Janelle states, they’ve owned the land for three years and haven’t done a darn thing on the property except for dig a giant hole to throw Sol into and have deeply disturbing conversations between Kody and his sons.  Meri opines that she doesn’t necessary want an RV pad on her property, while Christine has zero f**** to give about any of it.  Janelle tells us that that’s Kody for you – always making things 100 times harder than they have to be.  You don't say.

We segue into a sad Meri, and while I do feel for her and it’s difficult to hear that she’s been staying at Lizzie’s Olde Timey Ghost Emporium alone since her mom passed, she is also the creator of her loneliness by constantly complaining that she doesn’t fill connected to her family while at the same time doing nothing to remedy it.  Again, these people – constantly jumping over the elephants in every room, any time they are together…from the pretend houses on Coyote Pass, to Kody suddenly wanting Christine to stay even though he’s ignored her for 20 years, to Janelle pushing for the RV as a way to get those houses built…it boggles the mind.  Meri states that Kody suggested that she just move on into the B&B, but that was never Meri’s intention (which I doubt – she may not have wanted to permanently move in but she’s certainly using it as a hideout, much like Kody and Coyote Pass, Janelle in her RV, and Robyn in her mansion).  Gee, I cannot figure out why these people don’t have any connection anymore.  Hey, Patriarch?  Got any ideas?

Speaking of our Patriarch, he finally decides to remember that he has a blonde kid named Ysabel, and picks her up for some dad and random kid time on the very day that Christine is working her ass off to get her house ready for Ysabel’s graduation/birthday party when the logical thing to do would be for Kody to, like, come over to HELP.  Christine, girl – I know you already know you’re making the right decision but this is exactly what I would expect Kody Brown to do on a busy and important day such as this…escape any actual work by doing the thing he should’ve been doing all along – spending time with Ysabel – knowing that Christine can’t say anything about it since she knows if she pushed back, he’d be all stomping his feet and saying, “you tell me I never spend time with her so now I am and you’re mad!”  I mean, I wanted to reach through my screen and smack his weave off so I can only imagine how Christine put up with this for so long.  Girl, run.  Run and fly.  You’re free.

We get brief, refreshing and candid interviews with Ysabel, Mykelti and Tony regarding the state of Kody and Christine’s marriage.  Ysabel is sad but saw it coming.   Mykelti is relieved, since it’s clear to her that her parents don’t love each other, and Tony says that it was inevitable (I love Tony and his big words that he occasionally uses correctly in a sentence) because no man is perfect enough to keep up with four wives.  Kody pops up and tells us that he’s lonely and bitter because he doesn’t have the respect from his family anymore…to which, again, I want to punch him (and I am not a violent person, I swear).  Sir?  You earn respect.  It’s not given automatically because you climb a dirt hill on your empty property and scream to the assembled prairie dogs that you are the head of your family.  Can prairie dogs laugh out loud, I wonder?

The lovely, ethereal, strong and beautiful Ysabel has her party.  Everyone is allowed to hug now because they’ve all either had Covid tests or been vaccinated.  It was nice to see the kids enjoy each other’s company, but we have to hear from sad clown Kody about how he’s wondering how it all went wrong.  Sigh.  Kody expresses delight in Ysabel’s 17th birthday, except that she’s actually turning 18.  I cannot with this man.  Kody blathers some random nonsense about girls who have a Sweet 16 party because they’ve never been kissed, and something about trust and lust, but at this point I’ve completely tuned him out.  Listening to him talk is like listening the teacher in the Peanuts cartoons: “Wah Wah Wah.”  (If you don’t know the reference, kindly remove yourself from my lawn).

At the party, Aurora plays guitar and Christine “sings” the song “Unwritten” for Ysabel.  While I loved the idea, Christine – well, she tries.  Brianna surprises me with having a decent singing voice, and also that for a hot second I thought it was Robyn up there singing – those two could be twins except that Robyn dresses like my grandma in 1972.  Various adults ponder why they can’t have this fun-loving family back, and why it has to end…look no further to the curly-headed guy sitting in a chair wondering who all these people are and whose party he’s at.  We end with that same dork telling us how weird it is that he’s getting left by Christine (ignoring the fact that he left her years ago).  Now that his family is imploding before his eyes, he’s starting to question this whole polygamy thing. Um, idiot?  You’re too late.  It failed because of you.  And the thing is – everyone who leaves you will be just fine, it’s your ego that can’t take the hits.  Go back to Robyn’s and pretend to be mystified as to where it all went wrong.  Also, Robyn likes her noon wake-up coffee with cream and two sugars, her toast slightly well-done, served on a silver tray with a freshly-cut flower.  And Ariabelliola is climbing the chandelier again.  Enjoy.  Peace out.

Nicely done, @laurakaye! Do you mind if I cover next Sunday's abomination?

On 10/10/2022 at 3:33 PM, dariafan said:

Robyn asking “ isn’t this worth keeping ?”  No Robyn.  You have had a few of kodys other children calling you telling you he isn’t spending time with them   He treated his children like they are expendable 

The wives and Kody: We want Christine to stay!

Me: What are you willing to do make Christine want to stay?

Them (save Janelle): ....

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4

Janelle talked about hating AZ because she was so lonely and this was before covid. Christine did not reach out to her during that time - covid is what brought them together because Christine was then stuck too. None of these women ever supported each other.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love 4

When some walked around the side of Christine's house to her backyard for the last family gathering, I could see a mountain that looked like "the mountain" in the distance.  Was Meri aware that Christine could look at a/the mountain from her house?

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 1
  • LOL 4
9 hours ago, Mothra said:

If Kotex wants to be treated as a Patriarch, he should act like one.   A Patriarch should be above petty preferences among wives--or at least shouldn't show them--and make sure they are all treated equally, in every way, as far as is humanly possible.

If the covid Protoculls were making it impossible for him to spend the night with anyone but Rubbing (and Merry?  Didn't she follow the rules, too?), he should have figured out a way to make it at the very least symbolically equal--like having a tent at Christine's and Janelle's house, or a camper or something.  In those big houses, isn't there a spare bedroom that could have been made a covid-free zone somehow?  No way he should be throwing up his hands and saying, "Welp, I guess I have to just move in with Rubbing, since the rest of you make me sick."  There has to have been another way where the deprived <snort> wives were not forced to concede their and their children's Kotex time to Rubbing and her offspring.

Reveal spoiler

And another thing:  They moved to AZ to accommodate Rubbing's son's college career, right?  And he dropped out!  Yet they're still stuck there where nobody rilly wants to live.

He could have at least zoom called everyone regularly.

I was super super super cautious about Covid during this timeframe and yet I (and my family) found ways to stay connected. Covid is Not what kept Kody from being a fair and caring husband. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 6
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

He could have at least zoom called everyone regularly.

I was super super super cautious about Covid during this timeframe and yet I (and my family) found ways to stay connected. Covid is Not what kept Kody from being a fair and caring husband. 

Many people stayed more connected during Covid, with more free time to keep in touch virtually. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 10

I haven't been able to comment. I'm so mad. And frustrated. This family is just full of it. I hate Kody and Robyn so much. Meri is a miserable old cow. And Janelle is stuck with these people now.   I just can't. Do they not watch the show and see themselves? How can we have another season of this fake show! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 5

Kody surely does come up with ideas for keeping this train rolling

We had two or three seasons of Meri with that woman. 

Then we had various weddings and matchups. 

Then we had the big move to CP and finding rentals. 

We had a season of Yasabel and her back .

Now we have Christine leaving and Janelle moving to her new RV!

Isn’t this a show about plural marriage!  Color me confused!  🤔

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Did anyone else notice how when Kody arrived at the party with Sol and Ari, as he walked them in and encountered Janelle and some other kids in the driveway, he said  ... "Oh, look, it's Gabe, Garrison, and Savannah." 

It was really stilted and looked to me like he was announcing who was standing there because he knows those little kids don't know who is who anymore!  

There was a lot of talk last Christmas about Ari not seeming to know who was who after she opened a gift and seemed baffled when told to "go say thanks to Aspyn" (or whoever it was).  Maybe Kody was trying to avoid a similar scene at the party.  How sad. 

I guess it shouldn't really be a surprise, though.  Kody doesn't know his own  Janelle's daughter's age, either.  She's freakin' EIGHTEEN, Kody!  It's a big birthday!  She's going away to college. And you didn't know her age at her birthday party that was being filmed for TV ... god, what a Gomer!

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, b2H said:

They deserve to be on a planet by themselves so they don’t contaminate or corrupt anyone else.

I would be curious to hear Christine address this aspect, since it appears she was a 'true believer'.  What does she think will happen to her?

22 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Kody does not want America questioning the capabilities or size of his truck.  

"Truck", or something else?😬

On 10/11/2022 at 4:45 AM, LilyD said:

Not even a very clear suggestion like Kody saying she should move away permanently, does the trick apparently.

If you listened carefully, you heard Meri's revisionist narrative that she is wholeheartedly sticking with in order to save face, which is that the family assumed then and still assumes now, that she bought the B&B with the intention to move there.  So when Kodoofus suggests that she move there, she sort of laughs it off as, "Yeah, Kody can't understand that it wasn't my intention to move there," rather than acknowledge that it has nothing to do with that, and is all about just not wanting her around.

On 10/11/2022 at 3:26 PM, Irate Panda said:

Also, Kody’s name is on everyone’s lot so as long as he says it’s ok why does anybody else needs to say ok especially since Kody is the Patriarch 😂

I thought our intrepid forum sleuths found that he was NOT on all the deeds, the likely reasoning being that he would not have been able to qualify for a mortgage being that spread thin.

18 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Did anyone else notice how when Kody arrived at the party with Sol and Ari, as he walked them in and encountered Janelle and some other kids in the driveway, he said  ... "Oh, look, it's Gabe, Garrison, and Savannah." 

It was really stilted and looked to me like he was announcing who was standing there because he knows those little kids don't know who is who anymore!  

I had just typed up my comment to post this exact thing!!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

There was a lot of talk last Christmas about Ari not seeming to know who was who after she opened a gift and seemed baffled when told to "go say thanks to Aspyn" (or whoever it was).  Maybe Kody was trying to avoid a similar scene at the party.  How sad. 

I guess it shouldn't really be a surprise, though.  Kody doesn't know his own  Janelle's daughter's age, either.  She's freakin' EIGHTEEN, Kody!  It's a big birthday!  She's going away to college. And you didn't know her age at her birthday party that was being filmed for TV ... god, what a Gomer!

You're back, yay!  I missed that avatar of yours.😍

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

I know others mentioned upthread about Kody bossing.  Upon rewatch I noticed it more…..as in telling the kids when to get out of their seats in the car, telling Robyn where to lay the doll she was holding, etc.  It just reminded me of some other people that I know who are super bossy.  It’s so annoying.  I usually smile at them and then do what the hell I want.  Lol.  Safety things with kids are understandable, but to direct so much is ridiculous.  I recall him trying to get Sol to play in that hole last season.  He can’t just let things be.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2