Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E09: Let's Get Physical

• Start Topic

This is the TLC blurb for episode 9. I put in spoiler tags because the episode description gives away a lot of the "plot."

Spoiler

Whitney invests money to produce an '80s-style fitness video to gain more subscribers to her fitness app; Glenn and Babs surprise Whitney on set just as she hears Buddy, her leading man, dropped out; Glenn may be the only person who can save the day.

Edited by Ketzel

It was actually pretty fun watching them dress up and make the video.  Babs looked really good.  And, she actually resembled Whit quite a bit.  

So, who’s going to actually show up on the trip?  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Did I hear that right?? Just now watching...in the "gym" where they're discussing the honeymoon, did she say "tell Buddy about the honeymoon" in reference to Lennie?

Edit: she said Lennie but it was really fast, I could've sworn she said Buddy. Had to watch it three times!

I was annoyed by the 'dramatics' of if Todd would be on time or not. We're on Season 10 of this show and never before has Todd's ability to be on time every been a problem before.  And next week more hand wringing over if Todd will make it on time for the flight to St Lucia even though he's made it every damn trip the last 10 seasons...sigh.

Buddy needed to get a covid test and got sick and won't make it. Sure Jan.  He really must be doing well and doesn't need filming money any more and knew mentioning COVID would scare her away from badgering him to show up.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Many may not agree with me but I'm old school; some things are way too sacred and Whitney referring to her mom as "the bitch" didn't set well with me, I dont care if she did say it jokingly.  She did it twice that I can recall and one of the times was in front of Glenn.  There is just no way I would have ever referred to my mom as "the bitch"!  NONE!!!  Also, there is no way Buddy would have fit into that outfit they put Glenn into for the video shoot.  No way that I can see.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

So the promotional video they were shooting for her NoBS app was supposed to tell the story of a fat man who  learns to accept his fat self?  And Buddy was the star of the video?  Okaaaaaaaaaay.   I didn't see much real dancing from our gal, she even sat on a bench for some of it.  So now it's on to the obligatory seasonal vacay, yay!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

More people she has to tell that she bought Lennie a suit….SHE should be embarrassed not him. Plus the suit was probably free anyway.  So is Pat in every episode now?  Why is she saying she needs to share a room with Lennie?  Why doesn’t she invite Nailhead? Oh yeah because he has no idea he was ever in a fricking “relationship”. At least the Abbotswood people were mostly spared this week.  I thought she might tell Glenn and Babs to pick up a “fat” friend from the retirement home.  She’s complaining about nobody knowing any fat people, why doesn’t she know any fat people besides Buddy? 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, LEILANI2 said:

I was annoyed by the 'dramatics' of if Todd would be on time or not. We're on Season 10 of this show and never before has Todd's ability to be on time every been a problem before.  And next week more hand wringing over if Todd will make it on time for the flight to St Lucia even though he's made it every damn trip the last 10 seasons...sigh.

Me too. Todd seems quite responsible and NOW we are learning that he is perpetually late? Not buying it. 

And Buddy at CVS looking for a rapid test? We still have 4 courtesy the government and got 4 free when covid boosted through insurance last week. Calling shenanigans.

This show gets lamer and lamer. But still I tune in...

• Love 6

Yeah, there’s a lot of shenanigans going on for drama sake, but I think that’s just the nature of reality tv.  Eventually, you run out of things.  This episode was actually more entertaining than The Little Johnstons, also on TLC last night.  Man was that boring.  At least the video scenes were rather amusing.  I did sort of laugh when Whit described the part Buddy was supposed to play.  I mean…..why couldn’t she play that part?  Lol I guess there’re tired of doing that.  

I wonder if the thing about Todd being tardy is a foreshadowing for something down the road.  It’s not very believable. 

I didn’t notice Whit using the B word regarding her mom.  I wouldn’t do it, but I think they have a different dynamic in that family.  I was delighted to see Babs doing so well.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2

Ashley's pregnant and won't travel, Heather's passport expired, Buddy won't show according to the previews, Todd's appearance is questionable at this point so who exactly is going on this "vacation"? 

Glen will do anything for Whitney. Even dressing up like a fool. I can't understand why he subjects himself to this stuff and poor Babs. Must it all be on camera? Can Babs recover without us all having to see her in the wheelchair not being able to talk? Enough with the parents already. 

I used to love to hate this show now I just hate this show. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 9

Since fat acceptance is Whitney's whole thing, why didn't she portray the fat person learning to love their body?  I wonder if Buddy was really sick or didn't want to be exploited like that so claimed COVID.  Whitney didn't ask anyone if they wanted to be in the video, she just assumed they would all make themselves available all day for it.  Most of us have jobs and can't just drop everything for something like that.  I also thought it was tacky at the nail salon when she said she wanted whatever treatment was most expensive.  She's getting rather full of herself regarding money and that's not a good idea.  When the show is gone, she won't be so flush with cash.

As to Frenchie le Blur, she needs to give it up.  If they were really in love, he would have made his way to the US long ago since COVID restrictions have been over for a long time.  I still suspect the guy withdrew permission to show him when he found out what she had in mind.  

I'm glad Babs improved and that she can now transfer between the wheelchair and the car.  I think she is revitalized by being able to get out and do things.  However, I still find the whole thing a little exploitive.  

• Applause 1
  • Love 9

If I were Buddy I would have passed as well. She treats him and Lennie horribly. Then she had the nerve to look around for someone who was fat, girl meet mirror. The whole Glenn and Babs showing up with Babs in costume and Whit acting surprises was BS. She had her costume on with leg warmers, how the heck would she get those if they weren't given to her? Lennie needs to hi-tail it out of there, she thinks he is all into her because she is so senshous. I kind of hope Todd was late on purpose just to piss her off, but I am sure it was clearly for the show to cause drama. 

• Like 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Meow Mix said:

I'm glad Babs improved and that she can now transfer between the wheelchair and the car.  I think she is revitalized by being able to get out and do things.  However, I still find the whole thing a little exploitive. 

I agree. It's good that she is getting out but it doesn't have to be on camera. What's the purpose except for a storyline for Whitney because let's face it if not for her mother's health issues what would this season be about. I find it a bit depressing and am surprised Glenn is going along with this. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Babs seemed to enjoy her role in the show from day one. She was an aspiring actress years ago and it seems she chose to be a part of the cast on Whit’s show.  Glenn seems to like it too.  So, keeping herself in as many scenes as possible, is in keeping with her nature, imo.  

• Love 9

I am sorry, but I found it extremely funny and ironic that she was looking for a fat person for her video.  And absolutely NO ONE pointed out the obvious.

• Wink 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

She’s complaining about nobody knowing any fat people, why doesn’t she know any fat people besides Buddy? 

Because  HER definition of  "fat" is what most would call "super morbidly obese." If you're not SMO (like her) you're not fat. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

There's a difference in dancing and doing some aerobics moves ☺️

Ya, I've never referred to my mom as 'bitch',  joking or not.    And her ," MOMMMY!"    Good lord.

And what's with that close up of Whit gyrating her ass .  Ughh  I had to look away.   She moves like she thinks she's so sexy 🙄  she's getting very full of herself with her fat lips 👄

There is no Frenchman...just someone she flirts with online.

• Love 5

For a show based on body postiivity and not Fat Shaming, I thought it was rude when they pondered if there were any 'fat' people on the set who could replace Buddy.  Can you imagine someone on the set who is overweight being approached to play the 'fat' person in her video.

I bet Buddy probably didn't care to be the 'fat' guy in her video either thus the last minute covid excuse. Buddy hasn't looked like he wanted to be in any of the scenes so far this season. His vibe was very detached in the moving Babs segment and sitting and being mauled by Whitney scene.

Clearly the fat person who has accepted and loves to flaunt their fatness,  'fame', money, and power is Whit.

Edited by LEILANI2
  • Love 7

Clearly this whole “frenchman” situation is such a farce. Let’s assume just for a second that he was real… what boyfriend in their right mind would be ok with their girlfriend sharing a room on a vacation with an ex boyfriend? Why couldn’t she share a room with hunter? Or let Lenny share a room with hunter? Or why does Lenny even need to go at all?? Why does every getaway require her entire entourage to go? I know the answer, but it’s just frustrating 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

Well that was a hoot! Hey Hunter, I will go with you to St. Lucia! As long as Twit isn't on the same flight. Can you imagine the screaming if the plane encounters some turbulence? OMG the way she likes to scream would be deafening. I don't blame her "friends" for not wanting to go. Why does she think she has to bunk with Lenny? Some excuse to jump his bones? Sheesh. And those cheesy costumes and so-called "dance" moves at the video shoot? The others did ok but all Twit does is shake her ample ass around and wave her arms.And asking around for a fat person? I about fell out of my chair laughing at that. Look in the mirror, girlfriend LOL! I would like to see the finished video just for shits and giggles.

• Love 5

While I think six months is too soon for a celebration of a business, I loved the video shoot. I remember how exercise videos took off in the eighties and thought that was a great theme. The costumes and hair were on point. It was nice to get a behind the scenes look at producing a video and people looked like they were having a great time.

For several seasons people have said that Whitney's dancing consists of planting one foot and rotating with the other. I agree that she, like Todd, has a limited  repertoire, but we've seen her do much more than that several times already this season. I'll wait for the video to see exactly how much dancing there is.

I like Pat. He's a refreshing change from sulky Todd, overly serious Buddy, and fervid Tal.

• Love 1

He really must be doing well and doesn't need filming money any more and knew mentioning COVID would scare her away from badgering him to show up.

I don't think there was ever a plan for Buddy to be in the video. I think that it was just a storyline and the intended sight-gag was seeing Glenn in his 80's gear BUT just including Glenn in the first place wasn't as "dramatic" as having Buddy "drop out at the last minute."

Plus I guess she couldn't say outright that including Glenn was her bid for an older subscriber audience, since she thinks Glenn is some sort of geriatric heartthrob.

And next week more hand wringing over if Todd will make it on time for the flight to St Lucia even though he's made it every damn trip the last 10 seasons...sigh.

Plus, he's grown and he knows how airplanes work. If he misses the plane, he takes the next flight or misses the trip. It's his problem, not Whitney's. I mean, if I plan a vacation with friends and someone misses out, that's a drag but I don't really consider it my responsibility to stress about it and then try to fix it for them.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, Maisiesmom said:

I would like to see the finished video just for shits and giggles.

I don't understand why people pay for something that you can find for free on youtube!  And if you want a video to show exercise to get fit and/or lose weight, why in the hell would you want one from someone who isn't fit and doesn't lose weight??
If Todd really comes back, I might watch again, but until then, I'll just read here.

Edited by auntjess
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8
On 10/5/2022 at 10:01 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I didn’t notice Whit using the B word regarding her mom.  I wouldn’t do it, but I think they have a different dynamic in that family.  I was delighted to see Babs doing so well.

I don't remember her exact words but it was in the vein of, "The bitch did x y z..." in regards to her astonishment at her mom's progress.  

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, auntjess said:

I don't understand why people pay for something that you can find for free on youtube!

The only thing I can think of is that people experience some parasocial relationship with Whitney and are willing to pay for it.  It baffles my mind that after watching that hokey video people would willing part with their money.  I see Pat seems to be jammed into every episode now.  Was it just me or were his shorts super skimpy or at least looked so in that bike 🤭 Also, why must Tal do a split every time some sort of exercise is involved?  

I don’t think Buddy was ever involved with the video or at the very least Glenn was always involved in the video.  I don’t believe Buddy’s outfit would have fit Glenn that well.  

• Like 1
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, auntjess said:

I don't understand why people pay for something that you can find for free on youtube!  And if you want a video to show exercise to get fit and/or lose weight, why in the hell would you want one from someone who isn't fit and doesn't lose weight??
If Todd really comes back, I might watch again, but until then, I'll just read here.

I watch snippets because I can't take much more than that. So I am with you. The comments here are much better than the show.

• Love 6

Todd did NOT look all that great to me when he finally showed. He looked worn out, out of breath, and not really moving very well. I hope that he hasn't had any major issues of late. That being said, I love this personality and I'd enjoy the show a million times more if he were featured as much as Lennie and that poor poodle dog.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

Todd did NOT look all that great to me when he finally showed. He looked worn out, out of breath, and not really moving very well. I hope that he hasn't had any major issues of late. That being said, I love this personality and I'd enjoy the show a million times more if he were featured as much as Lennie and that poor poodle dog.

Pat is a dollar store version of Todd and I don't like it one bit if he's a replacement. Like Lennie is the replacement for Buddy.

Edited by LEILANI2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 6
On 10/7/2022 at 12:25 AM, swankie said:

I don't remember her exact words but it was in the vein of, "The bitch did x y z..." in regards to her astonishment at her mom's progress.  

The comment I heard was at the wedding when she was talking about asking Babs if she was ready to leave. Babs wanted to stay. Whitless said "bi*** hasn't been awake this long in 10 years".

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2

Why the he** doesn't Glenn intervene when he has heard her be so disrespectful? He may not have been within earshot for the two instances which were filmed but it can't be that she has done it only twice. He should have shut that kind of nonsense down a long time ago along with the photo of him over her bed. It's not exactly as if she would shut him out of her life (as Meghan did for Thomas Markle). She's far too enmeshed to ever do that.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
On 10/7/2022 at 3:43 PM, lightninggirl said:

I was thinking the same thing, Todd looks like he has lost a lot of weight. Since he was already pretty slim it's not as noticeable but he is starting to get a sickly gaunt appearance. 

On 10/7/2022 at 6:29 AM, Irate Panda said:

The only thing I can think of is that people experience some parasocial relationship with Whitney and are willing to pay for it.  It baffles my mind that after watching that hokey video people would willing part with their money.  

I think that is this, we are in our own bubble here all hate watching this show,  but something that you have to keep in mind is there are a significant number of really pathetic people that really do think Whit is living a fabulous life and are invested in a parasocial relationship with her.

My husband and me used to have this borderline stalker that thought we had the most glamorous life in the world because we had people that genuinely enjoyed our company and were in a LTR. He once told my husband that it was was completely unfair that he had two relationships (We are still friends with his ex) because he was older than us and had never had one before and that he wanted to "steal our happiness" 

• Mind Blown 5

Not everyone here hate watches this show, but definitely some of the more vocal folks do. There are other places online where Whitney has fans who relate to her, her message, or both. Now, I wouldn't pay for something I can get for free on YouTube, but there are people who get the inspiration they need from Whitney and her videos. Actually doing something about your health? Not really pathetic.

Also, parasocial relationships are no longer considered unhealthy and may in fact be beneficial to many people.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Why exactly are Lennie and Shitney staying in the same hotel room on vacay?  And then Shitney thinking Lennie wants to have sex with her or something??

I. am. confused.

I wrote something in SOCIAL MEDIA about a reveal for the next episode. It explains alot about why they're in the same room methinks.

• Useful 2

there are a significant number of really pathetic people that really do think Whit is living a fabulous life and are invested in a parasocial relationship with her.

I think there is an aspirational element to it. If they form a parasocial relationship and are drawn into her orbit they may begin to live the same life as her.

• Mind Blown 1
20 hours ago, Me from ME said:

If they form a parasocial relationship and are drawn into her orbit they may begin to live the same life as her.

And that's a good thing?   😜

Edited by LuvMyShows
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
On 10/9/2022 at 10:46 PM, goofygirl said:

Why exactly are Lennie and Shitney staying in the same hotel room on vacay?  And then Shitney thinking Lennie wants to have sex with her or something??

I. am. confused.

She thinks she's soooo irresistible.  Really, it's the other way around.  She wants to jump his bones.  That's why now her and the faux French boyfriend are all of a sudden in an open relationship.  She's so full of herself it's pathetic.  

• Like 1
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

And that's a good thing?   

Yeah, no. The fear that I might live the same life as her is what keeps me working to lose this last damned 15 pounds. Keeps me counting calories and exercising.  

• Hugs 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Yeah, no. The fear that I might live the same life as her is what keeps me working to lose this last damned 15 pounds. Keeps me counting calories and exercising.  

Me too! one thing she is good at is keeping me on the diet.the other road is no.

• Hugs 1
  • Love 2

I had to punish myself  watch the video again, does any know if this was ever actually added to her exercise app? Who is this suppose to appeal to exactly? It seems like such a random bunch of oddities thrown together and raises so many questions:

• Why does the “professional dancer” Whitney barely move in the video while others are leaping, dancing, bending and swaying?
  • How many times did Jessica have to tell herself “just do it, it will pay for the wedding” while thrusting her pelvis in a crabwalk position?
  • Why does Pat go from skimpy shorts to even skimpier bikini briefs on the exercise machine?
  • Why does Tal have to do a split every time he’s involved in some sort of musical performance?
  • Why is just Todd’s crotch blurred out when about 95% of the video should have been blurred out?
  • Why drag the audience Ashley’s child into such a corny awkward event? 
  • Why did they have to drop the “fat guy” concept because Glenn replaced Buddy (supposedly)? If Glenn fits into Buddy’s “costume” perfectly, wouldn’t that make Glenn fat too? Or is it ok for Whitney to call Buddy fat but not her dad?
  • Why is Whitney telling her subordinate, Lennie, how it makes her happy to creepily stare at Pat thrusting and Isiah wiggling about?
  • Why is Lennie the only one well besides viewers  questioning what message is this video is suppose to be making? 

• Love 6