Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E01: It’s Over

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

Janelle tests positive for COVID-19; Kody confides in Robyn about his troubles with Christine; Kody and Christine sit down to have a tense discussion about the future of their marriage, which leaves Christine feeling empowered and Kody defeated.

Air Date: September 11, 2022 

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

OMG. Kody and his Utah bullshit about Christine having a loser boyfriend who will steal Truly and his money. Is he fucking kidding??!!!!

Such a stupid argument. Kody will have a legal obligation to provide financial support for Truley, and a legal right to spend time with her. Whether or not Christine has a boyfriend won't change any of that.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • Love 11

I think Kody has lost his ever-loving mind.  I can’t believe he told Christine to find another man, marry him and have him live in Flagstaff with them.  Then when I thought he couldn’t possibly top that, he tells her that he only wants her to stay because he is supposed to, and that he sacrificed to love her.  

Robyn sounded as though she empathized with Christine.  But then she lost me when she told Kody, “Go there, that is your home.” So now, I’m not sure if she had his assets in mind or wanted them to fix their problem. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

Kody just wanted it to not be his fault. He didn't deny that what she was saying was true, just that he didn't use certain exact words. Who cares how exactly you put it or whether you remember things the same way? The fact is, it's all true. He just wants to be absolved of any responsibility. He thinks he sacrificed everything for her - what he sacrificed for her, I am not sure. Just let her go, Kody. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 12

So I wonder what Meri thinks of all this — Christine saying she’d never want what Kody and Meri have (essentially nothing). I wonder what our “strong woman” thinks of another wife who’s fed up with her relationship making the scary move to leave, while Meri sits and says “it’s fine”.

Who’s the strong woman now? I think Meri will be (is) feeling jealous and shown up, hence all her BS cryptic posts lately.

So happy to hear Christine sticking to her guns with Kody. She didn’t back down. 

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Kody's worried about a new guy on the scene going after his money. Kind of like when Robyn came on the scene and threw her bills on the table? How did he think his wives felt then?

Robyn's sister and mother need to stop telling Robyn she's innocent in all this. While its primarily Kody's fault, Robyn and her manipulation started it all and kept the ball rolling.

Meri started it all. She pushed Kody to pursue Robyn, thinking it would elevate her status. We all see how that turned out. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

No live tweeting for the family again this season.

Janelle posted about the new season on Instagram, with comments turned off. Christine reposted from TLC on Instagram, comments on.

3FB23B4C-2968-42AA-9765-68806FC4A5C7.jpeg

I love that Christine is getting attention for her cooking (and Meri and her Rice Krispie  treats are not). 🤣

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

What are common gaslighting Kody phrases?

• “You're being paranoid.”
  • “You're overreacting.”
  • “That never happened.”
  • “You are making that up.”
  • “You have always been crazy.” 
  • “I don't know what you want me to say.”
  • “It's your fault.”

Awesome, maybe we can do a SW-shit phrase-bingo during the next episode? 

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

Why would an adult male in a relationship want to move to the non existent compound to live ?   Kody and his kingdom idea are just ridiculous.   And all the “ what about the kids?”  What about those kids that are grown and gasp live in Utah.  Truley already hates you , so please stop pretending you care 

• Like 2
  • Love 20

I'm fairly certain everything Christine said during this episode she has said in previous episodes, to other wives and to the family as a whole. Kody and everyone knew how she felt, they all just thought she would stick around. After all, Meri and Janelle are, so why wouldn't she? Shit, even Christine thought she would stick around. Like we have said, and she said last night, she just needed to know she could manage on her own and she did during the onset of the pandemic.

• Like 4
  • Love 16

Kody was on the deed originally but for reasons undisclosed, he was removed not long after. It happened just before Robyn had no choice but to buy a very expensive house because God was too busy to sort out a luxurious and big rennal for her. So, it was speculated that he had himself removed of Christine's deed to help Robyn buy hers.

As he wasn't on the deed, not married to Christine and certainly not living there, I'd say he had little or no claim to any of the profit Christine made from the sale of her house. "The Past Christine" would probably have been silly and naive enough to hand over some  money to him as a compensation of sorts but the Christine we see now has grown up and learned some harsh lessons when it comes to love and commitment. I highly doubt she generously handed him anything. *

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14

I too am surprised to hear that Christine had a night job. I remember one episode in the early years which portrayed the morning routine. I don't remember all of it, but Janelle left very early for work and Logan was responsible for getting his siblings up and off to school. Then (I think) Christine's batch got up and off to school. I remember thinking how responsible Logan was in taking care of his siblings in the morning. I also thought, at the time, that this was Christine's job since she was the stay-at-home wife.  I did not know she worked nights.

Also isn't the point of sister wives to watch and care for each other's children. As someone already mentioned, why didn't Janelle help put Christine's children to bed? 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
13 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Kody was on the deed originally but for reasons undisclosed, he was removed not long after. It happened just before Robyn had no choice but to buy a very expensive house because God was too busy to sort out a luxurious and big rennal for her. So, it was speculated that he had himself removed of Christine's deed to help Robyn buy hers.

As he wasn't on the deed, not married to Christine and certainly not living there, I'd say he had little or no claim to any of the profit Christine made from the sale of her house. "The Past Christine" would probably have been silly and naive enough to hand over some  money to him as a compensation of sorts but the Christine we see now has grown up and learned some harsh lessons when it comes to love and commitment. I highly doubt she generously handed him anything. *

I thought the deal was that she kept the proceeds from the sale of her house and Kody kept her share of the Plague Pass land? Not sure where I read that though...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3
Just now, Shelbie said:

I think Kody was getting angrier and more demented the longer the meeting went on. He wanted Christine crying and yelling and then begging to go back to how things were. When she stayed calm and and refused to consider staying he had no idea what to say so got meaner.

I also think Christine wished Kody would beg her to stay. In the marriage, not the just the family. Especially not just the family, with a husband. 🤦🏽‍♀️

If he had said, I love you, I want this to work, for both you and me, lets figure it out, we'd be seeing a different (likely temporary) scene playing out right now.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

Why is Christina even having this conversation with Numbnuts? Just change the locks and don't let him in. 

We all know what the outcome is this is all for TV but his gaslighting is just infuriating. She doesn't need him to let go.  She moved out all the stuff, just change the locks, and do what she did which is get the hell out of Dodge.

And now he's worrying about what's legal? When he had four "wives", legalities certainly didn't concern him.

And now he's worried about being in his children's lives? When his daughter had major surgery and wanted him there, he did not go and, in fact, he didn't want Christine to go either.

Edited by Kid
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8

Kody doesn’t understand how he comes off and how he’s unlikely to change someone’s mind with denials and accusations.  Even if Christine had refused to use proper covid precautions, Kody’s  fight on those grounds  won’t win him anything.  This was a time that he would have done better by falling on his sword.  It might have gone better if he had said that he was wrong, he acted foolishly, didn’t do the right thing and that he is very sorry that he hurt her and the kids.  Is it in her heart to forgive him and let him prove. his commitment to the marriage?  Starting out with a trip for two to Hawaii.  Just the two of them.  Let them rebuild the intimacy.  And, that Robyn is no more important than the other wives.  He should add in that he still struggles with Meri, but he is praying for guidance on how to handle that.  He wants to make peace with the family and fulfill her physical needs.  He should ask for 6 months to show his sincerity.  Even get on his knees and beg.  THEN, he might have had a chance.  Just saying……he had to know his strategy would not work.  

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7

I wish he sought advice from someone other than Robyn. Cause they would have told him that all your kids that aren’t from Robyn preferred to spend thanksgiving with Christine and Janelle, and not you.   You discarded them , so guess what.  

• Like 6
  • Love 17
3 minutes ago, ezzy4 said:

I kinda understand Christine 'cause it's all very reminiscent of my first marriage ending.  She's dealing with a narcissist and a whole system of gaslighting.  It's hard to keep your bearings.  It seemed she was resolved but still felt an obligation to sit through all the abuse in the endless (and filmed) conversation.  It's so weird but when you are so use to it you don't know how or when it's reasonable to disengage.

Honestly the legal protection of divorce laws helped me tremendously...just in understanding where appropriate boundaries should be (for example: an expectation that both parents are financially responsible fir the children).

Poor Christine doesn't have this help.  It can't help her to have examples like Meri around her.  

What a mess.

Kody is the WORST.

Christine benefitted from the conversation though. As she said, it reinforced her decision to leave Kody.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 9