Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E01: It’s Over

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

54 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

But "Robyn has this way of understanding relationships." - Kody Brown.

Exhibit 245, Subsection B of why I think Robyn is a darkly brilliant borderline sociopathic manipulator...she inserts herself into every single relationship in this entire fahm'ly, pretends to be "the wife whisperer" so all the wives go to her with their issues, which she then not only tells Kody but also tells him how to handle the situations, makes him think that everything is his idea, and nothing is his fault.  Twisted.

I assume it was summer/fall 2020 but what bugs me is that Kody always proclaims the virus name as "the coronavirus" or  "Covid Nineteen."  By 2022, people were saying "I have Covid" or "I caught the 'Rona."  Hearing Kody constantly call it by its official name tells me how long ago this footage was shot but also something about the way he says it irks me in general.  I think it's because he says it with such reverence, since it was due to Covid that he could finally do what he's always wanted to do - hole up in Robyn's house and not visit, see or talk to anyone else in the family because they didn't wipe down their mail with Clorox and even if they said they did, he'd ask "but did you use the Target brand of wipes?  That doesn't count.  See you in 14 days."  I think Covid was the sick answer to Kody's prayers...he could bail on his family and use the pandemic as an excuse.  

She was seen briefly in a talking head - I know because I was very confused by her leopard print shirt under a coat made of what looked like leftover blue pleather from a Barcalounger circa 1979.

Maybe that was from fabric she picked for that commitment ceremony dress. 🤪 

• Wink 1
  • LOL 8
4 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

I was flabbergasted to learn that Christine had a night job back in Lehi! She is is taking care of the kids during the day and working at night and Kody can't even be bothered to tuck in or even check in on the kids. My thought was also, Janelle's ass can't return the favor and lumber over to tuck in those kids?!?! I was made to believe that Christine was 100% a stay at home mom. Also WTF, should she be also looking after Robyn's kids if Robyn was indeed stay at home and didn't work!!!

Christine's quiet resolve was a thing of beauty but yeah, I wish she had some of the same energy in her TH in her meeting with Kody! But yes Christine named it! I think this was the 1st time in series history that a wife named Robyn as the fave wife. They always alluded to a fave, but never said the name out loud, like Voldemort (which she also is). I wish she had said that in her meeting. Also, how he failed to be there for Ysabel during back major surgery, which was fucking despicable! 

Christine bought her home and Kody's name wasn't on the deed.  That was probably the 1st thought in Robyn's head. Christine's probably sold at the top of the market when everything was going far above asking and I hope she pocketed it all and gave nary a dime to Kody/Robyn. 

I think everyone is shocked to learn about Christine's night job while pregnant.  That wasn't even in their book. And Kody's flat refusal to just tuck the kids in when he has repeatedly said that he tucked in the kids and needed to see them EVERY day as his reasoning for wanting the whole family in one big house. Back then he made sure the cameras showed him tucking in the kids, then we find all this out 12 years later.

Christine's calm resolve was a necessity.  Sure, we all want to see her let him have it, but the scene would have lasted minutes instead of (what looked like) all day. If she would have defended herself or tried to explain in any way he would have instantly gone into rage and blame mode. He tried every card in his deck to provoke her and she was amazing at not responding to him and only making her points until he finally fell back and fully shut down like the exhausted toddler he is.

Christine purchased her Flagstaff home, but Kody was either on the mortgage or the deed, or both. That was the first leak online about something happening when she refinanced the house after his name was removed, then shortly after that she put it up for sale. 

The petty person inside of me did wish that she would have had a screen shot on a big printed board (like Kody's "moving presentation") that had his quote of "a wife needs an asset to sell if she wants to leave" from when they were discussing the big house. Then she could have pulled it out and put it up on an easel at the right moment.  I would have also loaded up every piece of furniture that he said was his because he bought it, into a U-Haul truck and driven it to Robyn's house. Left the keys in the truck and then walked home.

I did find it interesting that Kody could not even bring himself to say out loud..."I do not want to be married to you" and yet Christine without missing a beat said it clearly and plainly and all he could do was barely whisper...no one is a prisoner here.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Libby said:

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I don't think the future looks good for Robyn and Kody.

Since Robyn and Kody married, they've had this dynamic of them against everyone else. The poor, innocent damsel in distress and her protector against the, mean, bad rest of the family, who didn't treat them as well as they should.

Now the rest of the family is pretty much gone. They've pushed them all away.

These two very dysfunctional people have nobody left to team up against.

It will be interesting to see if they turn on each other.

Re: the dynamic.. K&R (and M) will blame Christine and bully J. I believe they will test J's loyalty further by bullying her for opinions, in order to band against C and her family. 

Its going to be interesting to see how Janelle handles it. I think she's been biding her time, waiting for Savannah to graduate. 👀. Aside from the Fabulous Fu*k Off moment, she's come close to sneering a couple times on camera. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

... Also WTF, should she be also looking after Robyn's kids if Robyn was indeed stay at home and didn't work!!! 

I suspect that Kootie promised Robyn that the family would pay off all of her debts and Christine would take care of her kids if she agreed to join the fambly.  Robyn got a string of nannies instead of a nanny Christine. Considering what a doormat Christine was 10 years ago, I suspect that was Robyn's choice and she probably persuaded Kootie that Christine refused.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

Haven't watched yet, but a few questions. Did Robyn ever help with Christine or Janelle's kids? I realize their kids are older, but still....

Also, Christine knows it's over. She talked about Robyn being favored. GIVE EXAMPLES!! The secret nanny, why the move to Flagstaff of all places, why Robyn gets so much more house with 3 kids who are young adults and the other 2 in school? 

Christine, you are never going back. Stick it to the Dark Wife and Kody. 99% of us who watch the show know the score.

Edited by BAForever
  • Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • Love 5

Did Christine not have the option to stop filming when he went off on her?  As in "OK I'm done.  Thank you and goodbye".  Would she forfeit her share of the cut, and would she risk the others being mad at her?  I wish she just didn't care.   Or didn't have to care for her wallet.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

She was seen briefly in a talking head - I know because I was very confused by her leopard print shirt under a coat made of what looked like leftover blue pleather from a Barcalounger circa 1979.

The knit neck insert on that blue pleather jacket reminded me of jackets (usually brown) worn by boys in my gradeschool in the late 1950s - early 60s.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Now THIS is the episode I've been dying for for the last several years.

Every single time that Kody tries to convince Christine to not leave - the only thing he is thinking about is Sister Wives, the television show.  Not the sister wives.  

And damn, the previews are FIRE.  Kody:  "The sacrifices I've made to love you!"

And Christine sits there amongst the others, calm as all get out.

He has to be trying to snag a new replacement sister wife at this point just to keep the tv show.   While I don't want to curse anyone into being a Brown, I would totally love for him to marry a super cute 22 year old who's bubbly, fun and no goiter.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

I think everyone is shocked to learn about Christine's night job while pregnant.  That wasn't even in their book.

I wonder if she needed a job outside the home to pay off her welfare fraud with garnisheed wages. Kootie certainly would never admit that he couldn't financially support his wives and kids. He probably blamed Christine for applying for food stamps.

Christine took care of 11-12 kids all day, worked in the evenings, and Kootie claims that this is HIS house, HIS bed, etc.  Christine certainly earned them.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 14

Can someone tell me what the thing hanging from the bedroom ceiling behind Cody's back is?  It looks like a window curtain valance just stuck to the ceiling crossing the middle of the room.  Sorry, this distracted me from the rest of the nonsense that was coming out of Cody's mouth. 

What Is This.jpg

Edited by suzeecat
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2

I didn't notice that thing hanging from the ceiling while watching - I was focusing on Kootie's BSing face.  Could it be a privacy curtain for Christine's doorless bedroom?  It looks like it is made from cowhide or some scraps.

• Useful 4
Just now, deirdra said:

I didn't notice that thing hanging from the ceiling while watching - I was focusing on Kootie's BSing face.  Could it be a privacy curtain for Christine's doorless bedroom?  It looks like it is made from cowhide or some scraps.

Something hanging from the ceiling that's only about a foot long doesn't offer any privacy though.  It can't possibly be a design element, it's just too weird.  And ugly.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

Something hanging from the ceiling that's only about a foot long doesn't offer any privacy though.  It can't possibly be a design element, it's just too weird.  And ugly.

It looks like it is made from cowhide and wound around the top bar and slopily secured in the "up" position with velcro strips. If they had an "intimate marriage", I might have thought it was some sort of urban cowboy trapeze rack.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 12
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Was Meri even in this episode?  

Yes.  And the reason I remember the 5 second blip of her is because of her clothing.  God, does she ever have bad taste.  Just awful. 

37 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

Can someone tell me what the thing hanging from the bedroom ceiling behind Cody's back is?  It looks like a window curtain valance just stuck to the ceiling crossing the middle of the room.  Sorry, this distracted me from the rest of the nonsense that was coming out of Cody's mouth. 

What Is This.jpg

The ENTIRE episode.  All I could focus on was that thing.  It kind of looks like a curtain for privacy that has been rolled up (by hand). 

• Like 1
  • Love 7

You know that when Koduche was saying "let's do this for the kids"....he wasn't talking about Christine's grown and gone kids.  He meant Truely and Robin's kids....the women are moms to all the kids right?  It's like he was daring her to correct him about the kids.  She didn't fall for it.  I'm proud of her.

I also hate that this show was filmed over a year and a half ago.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

I was so damn livid last night though. 

y9h9abvrlfn91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

This is a question for Robyn. Who doesn't work and has a friggin' nanny. 

hxxfabvrlfn91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

j82fsavrlfn91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

MFer what!?!? Christine was the one babysitting 50-11 children. 

I can't with the bitch.  He had flames licking at the side of my face. 

I didn't understand this at all. Was he just flat out lying? Because Christine has never been shown to be lazy. Her home always seems fairly clean and well organized, especially considering how many people lived there. She definitely cooked - we even know of her disdain for the toaster. She raised a whole tribe of children - hers biologically and other Kody offspawn. So what the hell is he talking about in terms of Christine neither cooking nor cleaning?

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 13
31 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I didn't understand this at all. Was he just flat out lying? Because Christine has never been shown to be lazy. Her home always seems fairly clean and well organized, especially considering how many people lived there. She definitely cooked - we even know of her disdain for the toaster. She raised a whole tribe of children - hers biologically and other Kody offspawn. So what the hell is he talking about in terms of Christine neither cooking nor cleaning?

The not cooking or cleaning comment set me on fire.  How DARE he ????    And maybe if he had ever gone to talk to one of the wives or the kids instead of getting Robyn’s version only , he may have a big happier family 

• Like 2
  • Love 17

I was disappointed in Christine when she actually agreed to "promise" Kody that she wouldn't get a greedy boyfriend. Why would she do that? I felt like at that moment she was starting to soften a bit.  She should of told him it's none of his damn business what she does with her life from here on out. 

Also, I kept hoping she would tell Kody that the last straw for her was when he refused to go with her to their daughter's surgery and wanted the poor girl to postpone the surgery while in severe pain every day just for his benefit. She never brought that up. 

All in all, I think she was much too kind to that POS. But....her packing all of  his crap, putting in boxes and dumping it all in the garage without him knowing it was beautiful sweet revenge so good on Christine for that. 

Lastly, I was under the impression Kody was broke. Just how much money does he have that he's worried about losing? 

• Like 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, lindalouwho said:

Christine watched seventy eleven kids, teenage Logan to five year old Savanah. She homeschooled them. She cut coupons. She did the shopping. She did the cooking. She canned. She ironed his shirts. She did the laundry for her five, herself and Kody. She worked nights. She asked Kody for help and he said no. Aspen stepped up, at ten years old, to help run her house. She loved Kody a lot. She created  a truce between the original wives. She tried to make nice with Robin. Robin didn’t want anyone else influencing her kids. Kody calls her a Princess with pms who wants more than her fair share. He will allow her to get a new lover, she just has to bring him to Flagstaff, to be with the family. Even though most of her family is in Utah. And she has to promise that this new lover won’t take Kody’s money. Who writes this shite? Even soap operas are better thought out.

Dya think GoiteRob wrote it? Or his dad?

• Applause 1
2 hours ago, suzeecat said:

I think it is a curtain.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

I gotta admit that I thought of a soap opera during those scenes. It reminded me of a big culmination or reveal when the main character finally finds out about the baby switch or changing DNA results. 

Is it wrong that part of me wants this and would watch the shit out of it! Oh and he would taller and better looking than Kody, with an actual profession, his own money (lots of it and invests it wisely), adores the shit out Christine and she him, spoils her rotten and they can barely keep their paws off each other.  Make it so universe (and one for me too).

YES!  A big rich cowboy, tall and handsome and sweeps her off her feet.  And you too!

• Like 2
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Is it wrong that part of me wants this and would watch the shit out of it! Oh and he would taller and better looking than Kody, with an actual profession, his own money (lots of it and invests it wisely), adores the shit out Christine and she him, spoils her rotten and they can barely keep their paws off each other.  Make it so universe (and one for me too).

And a full head of hair.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Kody has been treating Christine and the children he has with her as less than ever since the show began. There are lots of scenes where she is begging him to visit the kids anywhere near what the ‘schedule ’  said  he did.  It’s why she put the wrestling mats in her garage when Hunter was in high school in Vegas.  So he would come to her  house to wrestle with Hunter.

He was ignoring their marriage at that time - the infamous stacking the rocks on the beach scene when he makes it plain that the family is important, not Christine.  

As to allowing another man … have you forgotten the very first season when Meri asked how he would feel if she had a second husband?  He didn’t take that very well at all. 

• Like 4
  • Love 9

Textbook narcissism.  No surprise.  This season will be every episode with him berating Christine.  Anywhere, any time, in front of all, none, or some.

What nincompoop thought a season of this was going to sell?  

Previews say we will get more of them same next week with all the wives as an audience.  Do we need yet another hour of Kody the Martyr and how much he sacrificed when she sacrificed her LIFE to this mad man?..

• Like 3
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

As to allowing another man … have you forgotten the very first season when Meri asked how he would feel if she had a second husband?  He didn’t take that very well at all. 

Yes. This lives rent free in my head too. It was the time he took Meri out to dinner for her b-day or an anniversary and said plural marriage with one wife and several husbands would be vulgar and unnatural. Jackass!

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1

We’ve all seen how Christine has been treated from the very beginning. Wasn’t he “courting” Sobyn when she was pregnant with Truley? I’m so happy for her that she’s finally out of this toxic relationship. 

The words coming out of his mouth- I can’t even. This would be a great episode for any psychology student to watch to see a true narcissist in action. He is just despicable. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, deirdra said:

Meri should help Robyn "rebuild" by finding a hotter, younger, sweeter 4th wife for Kootie to give Robyn a taste of her own medicine!

Seriously, when I saw that preview I thought, dear gif are they going to try to keep this show going by add a new wife in place of Christine? I thought that after this season it would be the end.  Meri is so afraid of being alone but she already is. 

• Love 2

How would Christine even help raise  the kids? For one thing, 3 of them were by another man when she married Kody. Of those ,, two were old enough to help out once she has Kodys spawn. Then, they all lived in the cup due sac in separate houses, not in the same house like when they all lived together in one house which was more conducive to raising the other kids. Then they moved to AZ and lived far apart, then came Covid. How could she raise the kids during those circumstances? 

I wanted to break my tv when Most said she didn't cook or clean and made it sound like she went around having fun all day.

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, b2H said:

Previews say we will get more of them same next week with all the wives as an audience.  

Yeah, I don't know if I really want to watch this. Christine seems like a perfectly nice person and I don't want to see this nut screaming at her in front of the others. Only Janelle cares for Christine, Meri doesn't care at all and Goiter wants Christine gone. This is no longer entertaining to me. Entertaining is not the right word but you know what I mean. 

• Like 4
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Kody doesn’t understand how he comes off and how he’s unlikely to change someone’s mind with denials and accusations.  Even if Christine had refused to use proper covid precautions, Kody’s  fight on those grounds  won’t win him anything.  This was a time that he would have done better by falling on his sword.  It might have gone better if he had said that he was wrong, he acted foolishly, didn’t do the right thing and that he is very sorry that he hurt her and the kids.  Is it in her heart to forgive him and let him prove. his commitment to the marriage?  Starting out with a trip for two to Hawaii.  Just the two of them.  Let them rebuild the intimacy.  And, that Robyn is no more important than the other wives.  He should add in that he still struggles with Meri, but he is praying for guidance on how to handle that.  He wants to make peace with the family and fulfill her physical needs.  He should ask for 6 months to show his sincerity.  Even get on his knees and beg.  THEN, he might have had a chance.  Just saying……he had to know his strategy would not work.  

But that would require actual effort on his part.

• Love 5