Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E01: It’s Over

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

14 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

So I wonder what Meri thinks of all this — Christine saying she’d never want what Kody and Meri have (essentially nothing).

Oh, she is 100% SEETHING about that. 🤣

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Shauna said:

I think it is a curtain.

I agree. Didn't Christine say that she had no door to that room prior to Kody installing one last season? She probably rigged up that curtain thinking it would give her privacy. But I can't believe this would provide any privacy. 

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Lastly, I was under the impression Kody was broke. Just how much money does he have that he's worried about losing? 

I don’t think he has two nickels to rub together. I think the houses they own are mortgaged to the hilt and they never stay anywhere long enough to build up equity. I think the cars are leased. Kody’s riches are all in his head; they aren’t in his bank account.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
21 hours ago, NJbutNoHousewife said:

I love how Robyn was telling him he HAD to go to her house - sleep on the couch! She doesn't want the tool around either...

She made that bed and now she has to lie in it. 

What's that adage about laying with dogs? Robyn and Kody are dogs, and not the good kind.

Edited by gingerella
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, BAForever said:

Haven't watched yet, but a few questions. Did Robyn ever help with Christine or Janelle's kids? I realize their kids are older, but still....

Also, Christine knows it's over. She talked about Robyn being favored. GIVE EXAMPLES!! The secret nanny, why the move to Flagstaff of all places, why Robyn gets so much more house with 3 kids who are young adults and the other 2 in school? 

Christine, you are never going back. Stick it to the Dark Wife and Kody. 99% of us who watch the show know the score.

In season 2, there was one episode that showed Robyn shuttling kids around. She explained that she was praying for the family to see her worth. That was the only episode that showed her doing that. Im thinking it didn't last long, or it was contrived for the show.

• Like 5
  • Useful 6
  • Love 4

I believe that conversation between Kody and Robyn was scripted and probably occurred after the separation/divorce. It just seemed so fake. I also believe it was Robyn’s way of appearing to support the other sister wives, when she really just wants Kody for herself and her kids. She’s telling him to stay there and not give up on the marriage for her image. She is constantly manipulating everyone and everything.

• Like 4
  • Love 15

I'm kinda wondering if Christine allowed this to show the world what abuse she has been subjected to. I can't imagine any way Kody or Robyn could rehab their public personae. 

Also, I have been  mesmerized by Kody's mouth since S15. He talks like he has a wad of snuff under his lip, but its both sides. So botox, maybe. His lips are turning down, not unlike Robyn's tragedy mask  face. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

I gotta admit that I thought of a soap opera during those scenes. It reminded me of a big culmination or reveal when the main character finally finds out about the baby switch or changing DNA results. 

Always a Friday cliffhanger! 

Back to the ceiling hanging. If you enlarge it, it appears to be brown fabric with some kind of flowers on it (shower curtain, perhaps?) rolled up over the bar. Strange, yes, but no weirder than Christine having her bed in front of a window covered by a heavy curtain. 

628CA488-E0A9-4EC6-8D95-771290485BCD.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Why would Christine promise she and her new man wouldn't go after Kodys money?

It looked to me like Christine was agreeing to what she needed to to get Kody to leave. It won't hold up in court. Kody could probably keep Christine from taking Truely to Utah if he really wanted to. Judges don't usually allow a parent to just leave with the state with a child against the other parent's wishes. But I doubt Kody will fight it in court by spending actual money.

Kody thought Christine would be like Meri, because Meri was always braver/pushier than Christine and Meri is hanging around pathetically begging for Kody's attention. He didn't think she would actually leave, and didn't prepare for what to do if she did. 

I deleted it from my DVR and don't have the energy to go back and look. When Kody was going on about Christine getting another boyfriend/husband, did Kody mention Truely's physical safety with a strange man in the house, or was it all about the money Kody would lose? I don't remember Kody being worried about Truely or Truely's well being, but I could have missed it. That conversation went on forever and I started to glaze over mentally. 

Not once did Kody say I LOVE YOU and I want to work this out. Not once. Christine is right to get out of there. And Kody kept bringing up the kids, but it sounded like 3 of their kids together were already in Utah when this was filmed? 

• Like 4
  • Love 12
17 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

It looked to me like Christine was agreeing to what she needed to to get Kody to leave. It won't hold up in court. Kody could probably keep Christine from taking Truely to Utah if he really wanted to. Judges don't usually allow a parent to just leave with the state with a child against the other parent's wishes. But I doubt Kody will fight it in court by spending actual money.

Kody thought Christine would be like Meri, because Meri was always braver/pushier than Christine and Meri is hanging around pathetically begging for Kody's attention. He didn't think she would actually leave, and didn't prepare for what to do if she did. 

I deleted it from my DVR and don't have the energy to go back and look. When Kody was going on about Christine getting another boyfriend/husband, did Kody mention Truely's physical safety with a strange man in the house, or was it all about the money Kody would lose? I don't remember Kody being worried about Truely or Truely's well being, but I could have missed it. That conversation went on forever and I started to glaze over mentally. 

Not once did Kody say I LOVE YOU and I want to work this out. Not once. Christine is right to get out of there. And Kody kept bringing up the kids, but it sounded like 3 of their kids together were already in Utah when this was filmed? 

Kody really is a POS. I’ll go as far as saying that, in my opinion, he’s also emotionally abusive. Why would he want Christine to stay when he doesn’t love her? He just wants his “flock” to behave. He just wants to look good in his culture. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 15

Kody has shown that he has no interest in Truly. No more interest than he has in Ysabel. He just threw that out to try and garner sympathy from the viewers. Didn't work buster. When he said that Christine's new greedy boyfriend would come after his money along with the state of Utah coming after his money I think he is afraid that Christine will file for child support. I hope she does but I doube that she will. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9

What a train wreck. And somewhat boring episode. I had seen most of it played out in the teasers anyway. I fell asleep. Biggest thing for me was Christine worked nights?? Why has this never been mentioned?? And Kody made such a big deal about kissing all the kids good night and tucking them in... utter bullshit. Or maybe he was busy visiting Robyn by then. He really expects Christine to move her man there and bring him into the family. Lmfao. What planet does he live on!  And Christine has no fear of moving to Utah the most unfriendly polygamous state as she is not a plyg anymore. Plus isn't it just a small misdemeanor now? He's worried about a man stealing his money and taking his kid??  Like he did to Robyn's ex... maybe?? 

• Like 4
  • Applause 7
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Among all the unfavored wives, Meri, Janelle and Christine, I gotta admit that I pegged Christine as the least likely to leave also. She did strike me as a true believer in the faith but I guess she finally saw the light and brava to her. 

• Like 10
  • Love 14

I always knew that Kody wasn't a good guy and favored Robyn, but I didn't realize until this episode that he was totally unhinged.

Can you imagine trying to build a life with that man? He doesn't think clearly and it's impossible to have a coherent conversation with him.

Poor Meri, Christine, and Janelle and their kids. It must have been pure torture living with him all of those years.

Robyn better hold on to her hat because Kody isn't playing with a full deck.

• Like 6
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, magemaud said:

Back to the ceiling hanging. If you enlarge it, it appears to be brown fabric with some kind of flowers on it (shower curtain, perhaps?) rolled up over the bar. Strange, yes, but no weirder than Christine having her bed in front of a window covered by a heavy curtain. 

Maybe it's Robyn, who used her dark magic to be transmuted to a drapery, so she can hover over the two of them and instruct Kody telepathically what to say.  We all know he hasn't had a thought of his own since she came on the scene.  And of course, she chose the color Brown.  

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

How would this hypothetical boyfriend of Christine’s get Kody’s money? What a maroon. 

Right!  Could someone please explain to me his logic?  Yeah, I know, that's a big ask.  If I have a child/children with a man who I've never married, I leave that man, I sell whatever assets I shared with him, how in the world would a new boyfriend/husband gain access to my ex's money?  If there's spousal support, which is doubtful as they've never been legally married, that would end if Christine married.  If there's child support, which I hope there is, that would be designated for the child and would be a set monthly amount, very unlikely to be big bucks.  How does Kody think this new man would gain access to Kody's riches, even if he has them?  

Edited by nosedive
  • Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, ladyscorpio said:

You should go on Robyn's instagram. The comments are worse than Kody's.

I do not use Instagram. Can you make it private like Facebook? If so why did the doofuses ( doofui?)  not make them private? Did they really think everyone would say " Good job"?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2

Right!  Could someone please explain to me his logic?  Yeah, I know, that's a big ask.  If I have a child/children with a man who I've never married, I leave that man, I sell whatever assets I shared with him, how in the world would a new boyfriend/husband gain access to my ex's money?  If there's spousal support, which is doubtful as they've never been legally married, that would end if Christine married.  If there's child support, which I hope there is, that would be designated for the child and would be a set monthly amount, very unlikely to be big bucks.  How does Kody think this new man would gain access to Kody's riches, even if he has them?  

I hope we get some glimpses behind the curtain of how this family is really set up this season. Kody might be panicking because their finances might be so intertwined with no set boundaries as to what belongs to whom. Plus Christine was collecting food stamps at one point, presumably as a "single parent". So is Kody's name on Truely's birth certificate? If it's not, that's a whole separate paternity legal claim in order for Kody to present Christine from taking Truely to Utah. And if he legally claims to be her father, he could owe money to whichever state provided the food stamps.

I doubt Kody owes spousal support, since they were never legally married. But their situation is so screwed up, anything is possible. This is why the government won't let you have more than one legal marriage.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I would guess Kody does not want shared custody of Truly. He hardly saw her when he lived close by. 

Visits would mean he and Robyn would have to care for the child and disturb their nest. 

Money is the key here to Kody’s concerns. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 7

In  Arizona a father has rights if the parents aren’t married. Signing the birth certificate makes him the legal father. If he didn’t sign it, he’d have to have a paternity test done, if it were Christine or Kody going the legal route with anything regarding Truely.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 2
  • Useful 4
14 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I agree. Didn't Christine say that she had no door to that room prior to Kody installing one last season? She probably rigged up that curtain thinking it would give her privacy. But I can't believe this would provide any privacy. 

Maybe it's a blackout curtain to block the light from the huge windows on that level of the house.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2

Kody refuses to see how Robyn coming into the picture was the demise of his family. He kept saying 12 years ago that Christine  started being unhappy and that she hasn't been happy for the last 12 years....hello!!! That's when Robyn came into the picture and everything fell apart with his other wives and kids!! And he let it happen!! Robyn has been a snake since day one. She put on an act like she was so innocent and cared so much about not offending the other wives and children by coming into their already established family. It was all an act. I'm glad that Christine finally said his favorite wife is Robyn because all of them tiptoed  around it while suggesting there "might" be a favorite wife but none of them would come out and say it was Robyn. The whole world watching the show from day one knew it was Robyn. He made it so obvious. Christine was pregnant with Truly when he brought snake 🐍  into the picture and Christine didn't want another wife coming in and ruining everything.  She said she was happy with how things were with just the three of them and Kody. Kody broke all of these rules with Robyn that he had with the other wives and it was infuriating to them when they found out he did that.  When Christine was in labor with Truly,  Robyn and him were outside the front door giggling an  whispering to each other, they thought the cameras were turned off. They were kissing and laughing saying that he really had to leave to the hospital an they keep kissing. Little did they know the cameras weren't off and everyone saw and heard them. He had a rule that no physical intimacy can be had with him and someone he was "courting" before they got married. He was very strict about it with the first three wives so imagine their surprise seeing him making out with Robyn when he was supposed to be on his way to the hospital.  He almost missed Truly's birth. He also picked out Robyn's wedding dress when he wasn't supposed to see it before the wedding and they lied to the other wives about it. Robyn was pretending to go dress shopping with them knowing Kody had already picked her dress. There's more examples like this but the point is that he always broke his rules for Robyn and gave her special treatment. She was favored from day one. I'm so glad Christine has finally left. Janelle and Meri need to go now. 

47 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I do not use Instagram. Can you make it private like Facebook? If so why did the doofuses ( doofui?)  not make them private? Did they really think everyone would say " Good job"?

You can make it private or turn off comments but for whatever reason she hasn't. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Kody has shown that he has no interest in Truly. No more interest than he has in Ysabel. He just threw that out to try and garner sympathy from the viewers. Didn't work buster. When he said that Christine's new greedy boyfriend would come after his money along with the state of Utah coming after his money I think he is afraid that Christine will file for child support. I hope she does but I doube that she will. 

I'm sure that Kody is terrified that once Meri and Janelle see Christine happy and thriving on her own-with or without that hypothetical boyfriend-they will also follow her. He's going to put up every roadblock to her leaving that he can come up with, just to be petty. If one escapes his clutches, they all could. He will look bad to the other Plyg husbands if a handmaid leaves his celestial sphere, especially the one who was considered Polygamy Royalty. He can't afford to lose any more wives and still ensure his own Planet Kody where they will be stuck with him for eternity. 

edited to add: He's probably afraid someone is going to advise her, especially a new man in Christine's life, to seek child support for Truely. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I'm sure that Kody is terrified that once Meri and Janelle see Christine happy and thriving on her own-with or without that hypothetical boyfriend-they will also follow her. He's going to put up every roadblock to her leaving that he can come up with, just to be petty. If one escapes his clutches, they all could. He will look bad to the other Plyg husbands if a handmaid leaves his celestial sphere, especially the one who was considered Polygamy Royalty. He can't afford to lose any more wives and still ensure his own Planet Kody where they will be stuck with him for eternity. 

I think you've nailed it - Kody is going to look like a wee lil' baby-man to his Plyg crush, big  Papa Joe Darger, if his wives all flee him.  I would be surprised if Kody ever really believed in the celestial ramifications of what would happen if all his wives left him - he may have spouted the rules and followed the tenets of the religion but he was always in it for attention and ego, IMO.  He's not interested in what might happen to the family, or to his children...he's worried about how this is going to make him look in the eyes of others.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 13
12 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I believe that conversation between Kody and Robyn was scripted and probably occurred after the separation/divorce. It just seemed so fake. I also believe it was Robyn’s way of appearing to support the other sister wives, when she really just wants Kody for herself and her kids. She’s telling him to stay there and not give up on the marriage for her image. She is constantly manipulating everyone and everything.

I’ve seen people say oh it’s her redemption arc.  Nope. Because she would have been telling kody to visit during covid.  And saying the 2 youngest can’t go 2 days without seeing kody …: he can’t be there to work it out if he is with you 

• Love 6

@the-grey-lady.....excellent job showing the 50 Shades of Kody's Gaslighting.  It truly is a wonder that none of his adult sons haven't nut-punched him yet.

(P.S. if the thought of another recap is leading you to the Taco Bell drive-thru again, I'd be happy to take one for the team next week.  We both seem to have a sick delight in writing recaps for a show that should've been canceled 14 seasons ago).

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
On 9/12/2022 at 9:49 AM, xwordfanatik said:

Sobbyn knowing all about relationships?  Oh gawd, what a fucking idiot he is.  I hate her, too.

He doesn't really think that. He wanted someone to pat him on the head and tell him Christine was a meaniepants, and that he was a saint for putting up with her.

• Like 2
  • Wink 2
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, magemaud said:

In Christine's Flagstaff house she took the upstairs family room as her bedroom so the three girls could have their own bedrooms in the three bedrooms downstairs. This room is in two pieces with the large open area with the big windows and then a smaller area through a archway and the stairs to downstairs.

This is the area that Christine stored her Lula roe inventory and does her live sales. I would assume this odd curtain isn't for "matrimonial privacy" but to give her a backdrop and to hide her bed during her live sales. It seems that she has also transformed a corner of it to act as her library from Vegas.  That is where she and Kody were sitting this episode with the bookshelf behind them and the table/chairs looked similar to the set up in her Vegas house where the adults would have meetings etc.

Christine mentioned the "door incident" on the show last season, that Kody was only installing a downstairs door to block the cat from getting hair on the clothing. Christine asked if the door was also for blocking sounds of intimacy. Because she phrased it this way it makes me wonder if Kody used the "no door" as an excuse in the past to brush her off.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

@the-grey-lady.....excellent job showing the 50 Shades of Kody's Gaslighting.  It truly is a wonder that none of his adult sons haven't nut-punched him yet.

(P.S. if the thought of another recap is leading you to the Taco Bell drive-thru again, I'd be happy to take one for the team next week.  We both seem to have a sick delight in writing recaps for a show that should've been canceled 14 seasons ago).

@laurakaye, I'm happy to see you! I know you usually do the first review of the season, and I hope I didn't step on your toes here!

By all means, do the next one! We can rotate if you want, and if anyone else wants to throw their hat into the ring, we can rotate that way, too.

Sick delight is right. My stomach is in an uproar over the tacos and over the show.

• Like 4
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I was disappointed in Christine when she actually agreed to "promise" Kody that she wouldn't get a greedy boyfriend. Why would she do that? I felt like at that moment she was starting to soften a bit.  She should of told him it's none of his damn business what she does with her life from here on out. 

Also, I kept hoping she would tell Kody that the last straw for her was when he refused to go with her to their daughter's surgery and wanted the poor girl to postpone the surgery while in severe pain every day just for his benefit. She never brought that up. 

All in all, I think she was much too kind to that POS. But....her packing all of  his crap, putting in boxes and dumping it all in the garage without him knowing it was beautiful sweet revenge so good on Christine for that. 

Lastly, I was under the impression Kody was broke. Just how much money does he have that he's worried about losing? 

While Christine did admit in interviews that her final wake up call was Kody missing Ysabel's surgery and recovery, she was good to leave it out of this discussion. When dealing with his level of self-centered  and (most likely...) narcissistic tendencies you really have to keep everything from a personal "I" perspective.  If she would have said anything like "the girls feel this" or "Ysabel feels that" she would have immediately put a hole into her defenses and he would have hit her from a different direction. Kody is a short trigger hot head and it would not have taken much to have him escalating to screaming and walking out...as I suspect we will see soon enough.

The promise was funny. It was his last ditch dig at her.  In his misogynistic mind, Christine is not anything more than a wife or girlfriend, and he does not see any qualities in her that would "earn" her a quality male partner. So naturally (from his tiny perspective) she could only attract a bottom feeder who would use her (and Truely somehow) to "get his money".

Tho...as it can sometimes happen that odd phrasing can open a window at past actual experiences, it now makes you wonder what Kody and Robyn had to #1 do and #2 pay Preston to release guardianship over Robyns three oldest. Is he preemptively accusing Christine of going to Utah and somehow doing to him what he did to another? I believe she saw it for what it was. A small man clutching the air and of course she knows she can "promise" such things because she also knows all of Kody's cards are on the table.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

I too was surprised that Christine used to work at night.  That wasn’t mentioned in their book.  I can’t imagine what it must have been like for her being the primary caregiver during the day and working at night.  Interestingly, Kody didn’t have time to tuck in her kids, however, Robyn distinctively said that Sol and Ari can’t go two nights without him tucking them in.  Christine looks so much better now. Being in a relationship that is one sided, is emotional taxing and unhealthy. I was floored when he told her (the best-looking wife), that he wasn’t attracted to her from the beginning; somehow managed to have six kids with her and yet, he is the one who feels betrayed.  So, Meri “tricked” him and Christine “betrayed” him.  It was rather telling that he compared the marriage he had with Christine to the one he has with Meri and not Robyn. 

• Like 5
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Is Kody’s name on any of the birth certificates?

I’m guessing he’s on Leon’s because he had a legal marriage with Meri. 

Leon?

3 hours ago, ladyscorpio said:

I'm glad that Christine finally said his favorite wife is Robyn

Yes this.  But also, I'm glad it was finally SPOKEN (by Kody no less) that there is nothing there with Meri and she's fine with it.  What a dipshit to think she is fine with that arrangement.  And Janelle's name didn't come up at all, which I found interesting.  I cannot believe that they are "intimate" either so is she cool with that?  I am glad that Christine had the full conversation with him.  It showed us exactly how manipulative and cold he truly is.  Because really, it could have been covered with "fuck you and the goat you road in on."

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

Leon?

Yes this.  But also, I'm glad it was finally SPOKEN (by Kody no less) that there is nothing there with Meri and she's fine with it.  What a dipshit to think she is fine with that arrangement.  And Janelle's name didn't come up at all, which I found interesting.  I cannot believe that they are "intimate" either so is she cool with that?  I am glad that Christine had the full conversation with him.  It showed us exactly how manipulative and cold he truly is.  Because really, it could have been covered with "fuck you and the goat you road in on."

Don't worry about the new man taking your money Kody.. news alert.. Nothing from nothing is nothing. What you mean is he will be sharing Christine's money or maybe they will get their own show, yours will be cancelled and you will get nothing from TLC 

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 9/12/2022 at 4:29 PM, js9548 said:

Also isn't the point of sister wives to watch and care for each other's children. As someone already mentioned, why didn't Janelle help put Christine's children to bed?

In their SW biography it was said that Janelle worked long days; often leaving before any of the kids were out of bed and not coming home until later at night. She barely even saw anything of her own kids, so she definitely wasn't able to help Christine.

I guess the real question is: Where was Queen Meri? The book frequently mentions Meri working too; part time and quitting whenever she felt like, particularly if it involved spending more time with Kody on one of his business trips! If anyone had time to help, it was Meri!

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

But then what would we get together about ?

• Wink 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

All Christine promised was to not get a "greedy" boyfriend. She didn't promise not to get a handsome rich boyfriend that loved her just the way she is...

You go girl!!!

Edited by Gramto6
typo
  • Like 3
  • Love 11