Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: Auldbrass Glitters is Not Gold

• Start Topic

The gang takes a much-needed break from Charleston and heads to Auldbrass, an estate desinged by architect Frank Lloyd Wright; Naomie divulges her new love interest to Leva and Austen, who prove they are not the best at keeping secrets.

Air date: 8-18-2022

1 hour ago, Pop Tart said:

The gang takes a much-needed break from Charleston and heads to Auldbrass, an estate desinged by architect Frank Lloyd Wright; Naomie divulges her new love interest to Leva and Austen, who prove they are not the best at keeping secrets.

Good lawd if her new love interest is Whitney I'm going to faint 🤮

Auldbrass Plantation ummm....ok, they can't go to Jamaica or somewhere fun like that?

Edited by Dirtybubble
spelling
  • Love 2

Just in case anyone else is watching this sad sack of a show-Naomi gets on the bus and the only person she hugs is Craig? I’m sure she can’t wait until he hears about how Whitney spent the night. She either is still in love with him or likes messing with him. Probably both. I can’t stand that basic bitch. 

• Like 3
  • Love 8

Whitney will do anything to try to cultivate his image as some lothario ladies man & Naomi will do/say anything to be on TV. I don't for a minute believe that they hooked up. 

Really starting to doubt the Naomi/Craig Vegas hook up as well. I think it's all made up shit for the show. Yawn. 

Edited to add: Wow, when Craig's reaction wasn't as dramatic as they hoped, Shep & Whitney tried their best to amp it up. It was awkward & rather pathetic to watch. They really don't like seeing him happy, do they?

Edited by snarts
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

When Shep and Taylor were getting packed for the trip, she said, something about him throwing away her makeup and Shep said, I like you without makeup. It makes me wonder if she rarely wears makeup because he prefers that or she does. I always thought it was interesting in a cool way she goes natural most of the time especially on this show. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Unpopular opinion, but I hate it when people use ATVs, snowmobiles, and jet skis for recreation.  I get that they are fun (I’ve only done snowmobiles when I was a kid), but they are so darn LOUD and a waste of fuel, IMO.  

• Applause 4
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, snarts said:

Whitney will do anything to try to cultivate his image as some lothario ladies man

I agree. He has been trying to shed his closeted gay image for awhile. I don’t care what he is, but don’t manufacture drama. Do something fun or interesting. I’m getting sick of scripted reality shows. Argue, make up, rinse and repeat. 

• Like 3
  • Love 4
Just now, Emmeline said:

The spanish moss hanging from the trees is really beautiful, especially with the lighting.  It’s an interesting estate but all I keep thinking is that the windows all look filthy.  

I agree, it looks like it could use a thorough cleaning!

I hope Craig keeps it together and doesn’t give Naomi the satisfaction of thinking he is jealous.

• Love 9

I actually think Kathryn & Chleb seem(ed) like the showmance. I didn't love Whitney the first few seasons but he has manners and he can talk about a variety of subjects. When the other men at your job are Shep and Austen that might be alluring enough to make one curious.

More of a mystery to me is why Naomie was wearing pleather to a campfire.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
48 minutes ago, Lassus said:

Whitney is just so gross in multiple ways.  I really don't get it.  Good god, why, Naomi?

All the other guys are already in fake relationships  Whitney was the only one left.

22 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

The spanish moss hanging from the trees is really beautiful, especially with the lighting.  It’s an interesting estate but all I keep thinking is that the windows all look filthy.  

The scenery on this show is great.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, snarts said:

I don't for a minute believe that they hooked up. 

Same.  So many reasons, but have we forgotten about Weinstein already?  I mean Whitless is or was an EP of the show.  I know Bravo breathes different air than the rest of the free fucking world, but still...

• Like 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, chick binewski said:

I actually think Kathryn & Chleb seem(ed) like the showmance. I didn't love Whitney the first few seasons but he has manners and he can talk about a variety of subjects. When the other men at your job are Shep and Austen that might be alluring enough to make one curious.

More of a mystery to me is why Naomie was wearing pleather to a campfire.

😂🤣😂.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I thought Craig was so over Naomi that he doesn’t think about her at all? He told her to move on and find someone else like he did, so she did. And now suddenly it’s breaking the first commandment of Bro Code? Naomi said it’s been going on for a while, so maybe this is what she was trying to tell Craig when she pulled him aside, but he was acting like a mobster wearing a wire looking around like he was ready for his associate to come rub him out for squealing. So Naomi got the message that Craig couldn’t care less about her or whom she dated. Do I think this is fake? Yes, most likely. Though I have to admit that somehow Whitney looks a little better this season than he ever has. Granted, it may be because the other guys used to be better looking but age and excessive partying have caught up with them. So as their looks have downgraded, it has automatically upgraded Whitney in comparison. It might also be the facial hair and dark glasses so you can’t see as much of his face. Maybe he also stopped Botoxing? The overly  botoxed forehead was the least attractive thing about him before, IMO. But he no longer resembles a wax statue as he used to. All this to say that it’s possible that Naomi actually hooked up with Whitney. Now is it probable? We need to weigh in the factors of how she’s recently rejected by Metul and Craig, and desperate to get back on this show. Kathryn slept with Whitney season 1 to get on it—and that was still when he had a waxy face.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

Every time I see Austen on my TV I wonder how anyone at Bravo thought he would be worth having on not one, but two different shows. He is both terribly boring and very unlikeable which makes for terrible TV. If you’re going to be unlikeable you have to at least be interesting so I will care enough to hate you. Austen is always just there, slightly open-mouthed, looking aggrieved by someone or something. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • Love 12

SHEP:  "This is not a f---ing kumbaya. That's not how I have any f---ing relationships in my f---ing life, I'm not going to change."

That's right Shep you will NEVER change, you will always be the loser you are now and never grow as a person.  Geez what an absolute A-hole Shep and Whit were this episode.  

11 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I don’t care what he is, but don’t manufacture drama. Do something fun or interesting

See that's the problem though Whitney is neither fun nor interesting, so he has to resort to this b/s.  

Edited by Dirtybubble
  • Like 2
  • Love 8

I don't know about Bro code, but girl code, in my world  is you do not date a close friends ex if their relationship was serious. I dealt with this many years ago, my BFF'S first love and long time relationship asked me out after she was engaged to someone else. Her ex and I had been friends, we had double dated frequently and I did really like him. But, it just wasn't right. 40+ years later and she still doesn't know he ever asked. And, as I suspected way back when would be the case, she regrets her decision to dump him for the flashy guy that swept her off her feet, even though she is still married to him. Not a happy union. 

• Hugs 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

I think Craig can not care what Naomi does but also be pissed at Whitney for hooking up with her. It is one thing to be over someone and not care who they date. It is another to have your friend date one of your serious exes. 

• Like 8
  • Love 8

While I think it’s gross that Whitney and Naomi (supposedly) hooked up, I also think Craig acts like a whiny little baby about it. He doth protest too much. I believe he was happiest thinking that he bested Naomi by being in a “loving relationship” with brunette Yankee gal and that Naomi was pouting and pining for his attention and affection. The idea that she might go out and get some from anyone (especially one of the Bros) upset his widdle emotional apple cart. They are all just ridiculous immature Peter pans ( and I include most of the women in that too)

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, snarts said:

Whitney will do anything to try to cultivate his image as some lothario ladies man & Naomi will do/say anything to be on TV. I don't for a minute believe that they hooked up. 

Really starting to doubt the Naomi/Craig Vegas hook up as well. I think it's all made up shit for the show. Yawn. 

Edited to add: Wow, when Craig's reaction wasn't as dramatic as they hoped, Shep & Whitney tried their best to amp it up. It was awkward & rather pathetic to watch. They really don't like seeing him happy, do they?

No, they don't. Shep and Whitney think Craig is beneath them. They came after Craig hard in the first few seasons when Craig was rather aimless and immature. But now, Craig is beating the two of them at life, and they can't stand it.

Austen was really pissing me off this episode. More than usual. I can't stand it when guys get all jealous and put out when the girl they're interested in shows some attention to another guy, even though they haven't really made any effort to "woo" the girl, and especially when they guy is seeing someone else, anyway! What a dick!

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 10

Chleb is an emotional abuser. Saying that Kathryn always spills on herself and has a stain on her pants on TV, I know those kind of  douche guys that try to belittle/humiliate women publicly. POS. Same with him ripping Kathryn to Naomie at that party-on camera. You can see the contempt underneath when he talks to her. 

Venita busted by Austen, texting Madison, awesome. 

Taylor and Olivia are so natural. They are never acting and preening for the camera. Unlike some others…

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, chlban said:

The scenery on this show is great.

It's the one and only reason I'm still watching this dreck.

9 hours ago, TeeMo said:

Every time I see Austen on my TV I wonder how anyone at Bravo thought he would be worth having on not one, but two different shows. He is both terribly boring and very unlikeable which makes for terrible TV. If you’re going to be unlikeable you have to at least be interesting so I will care enough to hate you. Austen is always just there, slightly open-mouthed, looking aggrieved by someone or something. 

This is awful to say and I'm definitely coming to you from the shallow end of the pool with this, which I try very hard not to do, but Austen is also not a good looking man. In fact, he is odd looking, as are others in his family, specifically his mother and sister. Their father is normal looking, but I honestly think there's some weird gene on Austen's maternal side. 

I loved getting a closer look at Auldbrass. I wonder how many total bedrooms there are in the house and if there are perhaps 3+ that are entered from interior hallways. It seemed so odd that all the bedrooms for the guests had exterior entries like a motel. 🤔 You'd think that at least some of the "family" bedrooms would have interior corridors. I suppose the external entries are OK if those were specifically designed for overnight guests, but even then, if you need the bathroom in the middle of the night, do you have to walk outside to access a bathroom that's in the main part of the house? It didn't look as if each guest BR had an en suite bath. (Whitney's master did.) We didn't see the entryway to the Master BR where Whitney was staying to know if he entered from within or not. I'm sure there's a floor plan for Auldbrass online somewhere. Someday I might search it out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I have been to several FLW houses and when one of the girls mentioned that FLW did not give much thought to a make up area for women I am guessing she would not have been thrilled with his kitchens, for a man with many wives and lovers over his life time he gave short shrift to kitchens and bathrooms for anything other than utilitarian.

Whitney's looks have grown on me, he looks better now than he did at the start of this series, he is smart and that makes him head and shoulders over the other men on this show.  How tired are we of his guitar playing ala Jimi Hendrix, he gave "Here comes the bride," the same treatment as he did with The Star Spangled Banner seasons ago.  

I can never tell one blonde woman from another on this show still after all these years.

I would have loved to stay in a FLW house, I hope these people realize what a special treat it is.

• Like 5
  • Love 6

The whole Whitney,  Naomi, Craig  triangle strikes me as  an extremely contrived attempt to create a storyline for Whitney's production,  which certainly lacks any plot lines.  Shep's verbal attack on Craig is equally suspect as an attempt to be relevant. His contempt for Craig's accusation of jealousy may have been the only true moment of the episode although it confirmed Craig's assessment of the way he was treated in the early seasons.

• Like 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I would have loved to stay in a FLW house, I hope these people realize what a special treat it is.

Sadly, with the exceptions of Whitney and Shep, I doubt any of these people have any idea who Frank Lloyd Wright is. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

Sadly, with the exceptions of Whitney and Shep, I doubt any of these people have any idea who Frank Lloyd Wright is. 

They only repeated his name a half dozen times.

Sounded like they read the same line, "probably the greatest American architect" from the Wiki.

I guess the property had its origins as a plantation.

They had the place to themselves?  The new butler had to help get food up there?

Or is it a working accommodation and they rented it or maybe the owners comped them for featuring it on what looks like 2 episodes.

How convenience that they had all those chairs set up around the camp fire with the bar nearby.  Hmm, they weren't expecting to have these little arguments, were they?

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Auldbrass is owned by producer Joel Silver, who restored it. I read it is only open to the public, one day every other year.

On 8/18/2022 at 8:33 PM, Lassus said:

Whitney is just so gross in multiple ways.  I really don't get it.  Good god, why, Naomi?

Can't wait to her Watch What Crappens take on this episode including their imitation of Whitney, sounding like the snake he is.

• Love 1

Am I supposed to care about Austen and Olivia? Lol I couldn’t care less. Such a bunch of bs.

Sounds like Ciara is still being a pathetic loser and hooking up with Austen.

This show sucks I don’t know why I’m still watching lol.

I was not a fan of that house. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, OlderThanDirt said:

The whole Whitney,  Naomi, Craig  triangle strikes me as  an extremely contrived attempt to create a storyline for Whitney's production,  which certainly lacks any plot lines.  Shep's verbal attack on Craig is equally suspect as an attempt to be relevant. His contempt for Craig's accusation of jealousy may have been the only true moment of the episode although it confirmed Craig's assessment of the way he was treated in the early seasons.

The only reason why I think it might be true and not just for a storyline is that Whitney has never had a storyline--with the exception of that strange girlfriend who showed up for like 2 episodes or maybe when he moved out of Patricia's house into a loft. As a producer, Whitney always made this show about his "friends" and not about him. I'm not sure that he's even technically a full-time castmember, as he never does the talking heads. I think he's only been "featured" a slightly bit more because his mother became very popular, so he's filmed for a few moments getting her drinks and wrangling her dogs. Whitney never has a solo storyline other than how he interacts with the others, and that has been minimal since Thomas and Cameron (his 2 actual friends) left--and especially since everyone else (aside from Shep) is so much younger than him. Now, I can be convinced to believe a "consipiracy theory" that the show always likes to have at least one tumultuous relationship. Austen and Olivia is fizzling. Kathryn and Chleb broke up--and not only are they not fighting on TV, Kathryn is hardly showing up for filming! Craig is refusing to interact with Naomi, as is Austen with Madison. Shep and Taylor just have the same conversation about his commitment issues over and over, but nothing's progressing. If they're not getting any good footage out of these couples anymore, I suppose a good producer would do what it takes to devise some action. Though, I'm not sure whether Whitney is still a producer or just credited as the creator of this show at this point. But maybe he's like: Alright, after a decade, this show is fading fast. I need to revive this baby or have to come up with something else to do with my life other than be my mother's part-time butler. Naomi is also desperate to keep the show going, as we know she admitted she had to beg to get her job back.

• Applause 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

as we know she admitted she had to beg to get her job back.

Do we believe this, really?  Not certain that someone with Naomi's, um, confidence and esteem would "beg" to come back.  She may have approached them, or they her, but I sincerely doubt that there was begging involved.  Sh's educated, should already have a decent nest egg, and shouldn't need this dreck to carry on.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Book Junkie said:

No, they don't. Shep and Whitney think Craig is beneath them. They came after Craig hard in the first few seasons when Craig was rather aimless and immature. But now, Craig is beating the two of them at life, and they can't stand it.

Shep is MEAN.  Plain and simple.  He disguised himself as a laid back surfer dude early on but his true colors have shown.  I think we're going to see more of this side with Taylor, unfortunately.

I loved seeing Auldbrass too but think it has definitely seen better days.  Seemed a bit run down.  The dirty windows couldn't have been cleaned?

What did Leva do to her mouth?  Her lips are too big and her teeth are like bunny teeth.  Her hair is beautiful.  She needed to take about 5 seats at the bonfire.  If she's not lecturing, she's mediating when no one needs her butting in.  It's exhausting.  Let people talk and work it out.  They don't need your superior assistance.

Still like Taylor and Olivia.

So is this when Austen and Ciara hooked up and she had to admit it at the Summer House reunion after he had been a complete dick to her?  Or is this yet another time?

16 hours ago, ProudMary said:

This is awful to say and I'm definitely coming to you from the shallow end of the pool with this, which I try very hard not to do, but Austen is also not a good looking man. In fact, he is odd looking, as are others in his family, specifically his mother and sister. Their father is normal looking, but I honestly think there's some weird gene on Austen's maternal side. 

I always feel so bad for the sister!! When Austen got the looks in the family, that's not saying much!

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Love 7

Is Naomie doing all of this to try and make all her exes jealous?  

Did she beg to come back onto the show so that Metul would see her on air and read about her in the tabloids and see how "great" she's doing and regret letting her go?

Was her reasoning the same for Craig - so that Craig would see how gorgeous she is and regret not shaping up to meet her terms and keep her?

And is she hooking up with Whitney as backup ammo to make Metul and Craig miss her?

That's the only reason *I* can see for her being on the show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Here I am - a person who thinks she has a little style - and yet I always think FLW houses are the worst. I was just thinking about how boring the whole season has been, and now their season trip is to an ugly, lizard-infested house. Come at me…I’m sure I’m wrong, but I just can’t get into it 😆 

I never get a closeted vibe from Whitney. He seems like every filthy rich mama’s boy I’ve ever known. I do get a thirsty vibe from Naomie, and I also think the hook-up is fake. So who is watchable on this show? I like Pringle, but he was tossed. I’ve been more entertained listening to random conversations at the airport than I have by Katherine’s clips this season. This has to be the last installment, right? We had an episode where someone moved and ate chicken salad. We watched a dog wedding, and it wasn’t even a ridiculously opulent dog wedding lol. We watched someone make a phone call to her mom and order a crib. 

Edited by RedInk
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, RedInk said:

Here I am - a person who thinks she has a little style - and yet I always think FLW houses are the worst. I was just thinking about how boring the whole season has been, and now their season trip is to an ugly, lizard-infested house. Come at me…I’m sure I’m wrong, but I just can’t get into it 😆 

I never get a closeted vibe from Whitney. He seems like every filthy rich mama’s boy I’ve ever known. I do get a thirsty vibe from Naomie, and I also think the hook-up is fake. So who is watchable on this show? I like Pringle, but he was tossed. I’ve been more entertained listening to random conversations at the airport than I have by Katherine’s clips this season. This has to be the last installment, right? We had an episode where someone moved and ate chicken salad. We watched a dog wedding, and it wasn’t even a ridiculously opulent dog wedding lol. We watched someone make a phone call to her mom and order a crib. 

I agree. I was like we are having a dog wedding?  I DVR this shit and FF through.

It’s boring

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I will not believe Naomie and Whitney hooked up unless I see them making out in front of the cameras. That is something that none of us want to see.   Whitney is trying to save the show.  Naomie is desperate for a storyline.

Shep is really showing his mean and nasty side.  He refuses to admit it.  But I think he is jealous of Craig.  Shep is getting older and it is driving him crazy.  

The backgrounds when they do their talking heads looks so fake.  I really notice it when Austin is sitting in front of that deck.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, RedInk said:

We watched someone make a phone call to her mom and order a crib.

And later discuss her swollen ankles yawn.  If this was a character we knew and cared about mundane things would be palatable but as a new cast member she has no goodwill built up.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, ProudMary said:

I loved getting a closer look at Auldbrass. I wonder how many total bedrooms there are in the house and if there are perhaps 3+ that are entered from interior hallways. It seemed so odd that all the bedrooms for the guests had exterior entries like a motel. 🤔 You'd think that at least some of the "family" bedrooms would have interior corridors. I suppose the external entries are OK if those were specifically designed for overnight guests, but even then, if you need the bathroom in the middle of the night, do you have to walk outside to access a bathroom that's in the main part of the house? It didn't look as if each guest BR had an en suite bath. (Whitney's master did.) We didn't see the entryway to the Master BR where Whitney was staying to know if he entered from within or not. I'm sure there's a floor plan for Auldbrass online somewhere. Someday I might search it out.

The map on this website is difficult to interpret, but Auldbrass has a main house, guest cabins, a guest house, and guest rooms (that were built into the horse stable???, I believe) 

https://southcarolinalowcountry.com/auldbrass-plantation/

The website below has a clearer map.  It looks like the guest rooms are in the same structure as the stables, but not directly in the stables.

http://femmeaufoyer2011.blogspot.com/2013/11/auldbrass-frank-lloyd-wright-plantation.html

Edited by TruffleHog
New info.
  • Useful 7
1 hour ago, TruffleHog said:

The map on this website is difficult to interpret, but Auldbrass has a main house, guest cabins, a guest house, and guest rooms (that were built into the horse stable???, I believe) 

https://southcarolinalowcountry.com/auldbrass-plantation/

The website below has a clearer map.  It looks like the guest rooms are in the same structure as the stables, but not directly in the stables.

http://femmeaufoyer2011.blogspot.com/2013/11/auldbrass-frank-lloyd-wright-plantation.html

Thank you for the links 😊

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TruffleHog said:

Okay, so even a FLW non-fanatic like me can appreciate those pics in the link, but what we saw looked…kind of dirty? They could have showcased the beautiful grounds a little better instead of the time spent sitting in the van, texting Katherine to find out she’s not coming. That was cool. This show 🙄 What in the world goes into the deleted scenes/extra footage episodes?  I imagine dead silence.

• Love 6

Did Naomie and Whitney hook up more than once???  Ewww.  This season he seems a little better, and I enjoy him with his mom, but he often just seems dirty to me.

Agree about Shep being mean.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Do we believe this, really?  Not certain that someone with Naomi's, um, confidence and esteem would "beg" to come back.  She may have approached them, or they her, but I sincerely doubt that there was begging involved.  Sh's educated, should already have a decent nest egg, and shouldn't need this dreck to carry on.

Yes, we do, because in her own words...

"I had to, like, beg my way back," Olindo said on Dear Media's Skinny Confidential Him & Her podcast. "I was like, 'Guys, please. I know I quit and I know I told everybody to f--- off, but please I'm very depressed and I really want to come back. I don't know what I'm going to do if I'm back in Charleston.' They were like, 'All right.' "

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Not a FLW expert by any means but Auldbrass reminded me of Taliesin West in Phoenix--I toured it in Feb.  If you want FLW glamour, I recommend Grady Gammage at ASU.

I was riding my bike (Zwift) when I watched this so I'm sure I missed some nuance but I must add--Page, bless your heart, you're very common.  You really aren't that special so shut it about not trusting Naomi.  I'm sure she is having the last laugh.  You're stuck with, well, Craig and his pillows.  When they show his house, all I do is laugh.  If I were house hunting, I'd drive past it so fast I'd probably get a ticket!

Craig--What is up with the bro code and Whit and Naomi?  I honestly don't get it.  You have Page, you've said Naomi means absolutely nothing to you, so I'm confused.  Is this Craig just being Craig?

Whit and Naomi--I don't have a problem with them.  If they are, in fact, dating then Naomi fell up WRT Craig.  I don't have strong feelings one way or another about Whitney but I do like his mother.

Olivia--Your face is crooked.  Every time I see her, I wonder if botox on one side would somehow help or if the camera exaggerates these characteristics.  Also, was her Dad talking to her while she was in her closet? Huh.

Kathryn--Does she even need to be on this show?  I would much rather Bravo drop her and bring back Cameron and Chelsea.  Kathryn is a train wreck and not an entertaining one.  All you have to do is think about her two kids and realize mental health issues are real and serious but they have no place on a supposedly fun, frothy summer drama.  

• Love 1

Shep's true character emerged in that short verbal spat with Craig, where he reminded Craig on camera that Craig felt insecure about his position in Charleston society during the first couple of seasons. Shep, Thomas, and Whitney kind of circled around Craig, reminding him of his lower societal place, in those early seasons. That's old, privileged, white Charleston for you. A very nasty low blow for Shep to raise that issue again.

But, then again, that's all Shep has going for him. Shep, you and your family are one of many average minions in Charleston society. Thomas is the only one with the true snob cred. Take a seat.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Applause 11
  • Love 7

Shep is a gaslighting a-hole.  From the previews, it looks like we'll see more of this, directed at Taylor.

Shep is one of those guys who's charming and super fun, but who will then point out your faults.  When you speak up to him, he calls you "sensitive".  

It never was any of Shep's business whether Craig finished law school or sewed pillows.  I never could stand it when Shep spoke to Craig so condescendingly back then.  Naomi joined in, and Craig reacted by drinking, admittedly taking too much Adderall, and sleeping in.  Of course this made Craig feel insecure, which Shep threw at him, under the guise of "caring" for his friend.  Gaslighter indeed.

I hate how Whitney joined in.  

I love how Craig has found his groove.  A pillow store, a nice girlfriend to whom he's loyal, a nice house (I like his house actually), and a law license.  Good for him.  And good for him for speaking up for himself and distancing himself from these bloated, bloviating old fools.

• Like 5
  • Applause 9
  • Love 10
On 8/20/2022 at 10:10 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Do we believe this, really?  Not certain that someone with Naomi's, um, confidence and esteem would "beg" to come back. 

Naomi used to have self confidence and esteem. Then she met Metul. She idolized him, adored him. He beat her down (verbally) all the time to the point by the time they broke up she was a shell of who she used to be. By the time she left him and came back to Charleston she definitely did it with her tail between her legs. Deservedly so. I'm surprised any of that crew talks to her at all. 

• Love 5