Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E03: Ain't No Wedding Like a West Coast Wedding

• Start Topic

(edited)

I guess my final take on Nate’s  female friend and their game  night and Miguel’s Dungeons and Dragon’s Day friends  vs the marriages is that … these marriages are not really real in their eyes  yet.   They correctly see this all as a reality show stunt.  Their friend just told them a few days ago that they were marrying a stranger and that it was for 8 weeks for now.  Their friend just met their bride a couple hours ago versus their already existing friendship. They haven’t yet processed that their friend is married and that the friend relationship will change.   
In the normal course of a relationship, the friends get to know the friend’s partner over time and they start taking a back seat to the partner over time. There is always a few bumps on  one side or another as the change occurs.

Why would we expect a friend to instantly agree with the concept  that their friend is now more or less unavailable to them because they married a complete stranger two hours ago for a reality show?  A reality show that has a terrible track record for long lasting marriages. A reality show that films the cast doing stupid intimacy games? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, mythoughtis said:

I guess my final take on Nate’s  female friend and their game  night and Miguel’s Dungeons and Dragon’s Day friends  vs the marriages is that … these marriages are not really real in their eyes  yet.   They correctly see this all as a reality show stunt.  Their friend just told them a few days ago that they were marrying a stranger and that it was for 8 weeks for now.  Their friend just met their bride a couple hours ago versus their already existing friendship. They haven’t yet processed that their friend is married and that the friend relationship will change.   
In the normal course of a relationship, the friends get to know the friend’s partner over time and they start taking a back seat to the partner over time. There is always a few bumps on  one side or another as the change occurs.  Why would we expect a friend to instantly come to terms with the fact that their friend is now unavailable to them because they married a complete stranger ? 

Because despite what they or anyone may think, this is a real marriage, not just a reality TV stunt or whatever they think it is and it should be treated as one.  I don't think the problem with Nate's friend is that she needs more time to process this.  I think she would have difficulty getting used to it whether or not it happened so fast.  Otherwise she wouldn't have been acting the way she did.  Just my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
34 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Because despite what they or anyone may think, this is a real marriage, not just a reality TV stunt

I’m not intending to be disagreeable to you at all by my reply below.  The following is just my opinion on how real these marriages are.  Your opinion is no less valid or correct than mine.  
In order for me to consider these marriages real  at this point, the show would need to cancel decision day, and cancel the parts of the contracts that say that the cast members  agree to walk away with what they brought into the marriage in the case of a divorce  and that  the show  agrees to help with the cost of the divorce.  The cast members ( and that’s what they are called)  already   know on their wedding day  that they have a guaranteed out if they want after 8 weeks regardless of what the spouse wants at that same 8 week time. Because it’s in the contract.  Real marriages don’t get clean guaranteed outs at the end of 8 weeks. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

So what are they gunna do next episode? Squeeze more out of the other 3 weddings, air all of M&B's wedding, wedding night, day after brunch, beginning of honeymoon. So the other 4 couples will go ahead on their honeymoon & M&B will join them days later? We saw Mitch & Miguel in the restroom during their weddings. I wonder who else's weddings overlapped or were supposed to. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Justin's quiet suffering is a bad look. Women want someone who will resolve problems. She took it upon herself to get a heater for him when he should've done it himself. That's what makes women feel like the man in the relationship or a mommy to their man. Hopefully his quiet suffering ways only apply to stuff like this & not elsewhere like in their marriage. 😕

On 7/20/2022 at 8:16 PM, kristen111 said:

The first bride tonight should have had a suit for her Father to walk her down the aisle.  The Mother looked younger than the bride, lol.

On 7/20/2022 at 8:41 PM, kristen111 said:

Probably got hit with a surf board.  Why was he complaining about her already?  He wanted her to look more plain?  He likes the more natural look?  Krystens Mother is a knockout.  

On 7/20/2022 at 8:51 PM, mythoughtis said:

Did any of you know that Krysten broke off her last engagement after she spent her life’s savings in the wedding?   Why do they keep repeating themselves every episode? 

I feel bad for Krysten and admire that she just did not continue with the wedding for appearance's sake but why do people spend their life savings on a wedding? Do they plan to live in a cardboard box after the ceremony is over? She even had to pay for her own engagement ring to not ruin her credit.

20 hours ago, kristen111 said:

WOW !   Looks wise.  Look at Krysten's Mother.  Then, look at Krysten’s Father.  Big difference.  Wonder how that came to be.

19 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Isn't her father in some band like The Beach Boys?  Money talks.  Are they married or divorced?

I really do not see that gorgeous (but obviously "done up" woman...so shut up, Mitch) and Krysten's giant goober of a dad as a couple. 

Before anyone yells at me, I know that I am a horrible person who is going to Hell.

13 hours ago, Lindz said:

WTF was that cake?!?!!!! Green monstrosity!!!! Then there were inedible parts he was giving to her! 😳😬

11 hours ago, Empress1 said:

That green cake was fucking hideous. I know it’s a free wedding but I’d have been mad.

I actually thought it was a green trash bag and Mitch was making a political statement about the environment.

The cake was hideous. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

If Nate's blond friend is really into him, as some of you seem to think, I just wanna tell her, "You can do much better!"

Hopefully, her friend that is reading this board can tell her. 😉

• Like 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I’m not intending to be disagreeable to you at all by my reply below.  The following is just my opinion on how real these marriages are.  Your opinion is no less valid or correct than mine.  
In order for me to consider these marriages real  at this point, the show would need to cancel decision day, and cancel the parts of the contracts that say that the cast members  agree to walk away with what they brought into the marriage in the case of a divorce  and that  the show  agrees to help with the cost of the divorce.  The cast members ( and that’s what they are called)  already   know on their wedding day  that they have a guaranteed out if they want after 8 weeks regardless of what the spouse wants at that same 8 week time. Because it’s in the contract.  Real marriages don’t get clean guaranteed outs at the end of 8 weeks. 

I'm sorry you took it that way but I too was just expressing my opinion and even said that in my post, so whatever you took away about me thinking my opinion is more valid than yours is your perception, not mine, sorry.....🤷‍♀️

You are free to think anything you want about these marriages but I still contend that despite the fact that even the participants themselves often don't take them seriously, they are still real marriages and therefore a serious undertaking nonetheless, whether they want to think so or not.  And "real" marriages do have outs after 8 weeks.  Actually people in "real life" don't sign contracts to stay married 8 weeks or any length of time.  Some "real" marriages don't last a month before someone files for divorce.  And prenups are also part of "real" marriages too, such that both parties can leave with what they came in with.  Even the MAFS divorces aren't as "clean" or "guaranteed" as all that if you read the gossip columns on how they went.  Again, just my opinion!

• Love 2

Yeah, no….I did not take your previous comment as being disagreeable with me or as you thinking your opinion was more valid than mine.  I started  my second comment the way I did because   I didn’t want you to think that I was trying to argue with you by having a back and forth type of discussion.   You and I are ‘good’ and I want us to stay that way.  It’s just hard sometimes for me to come across the right way in a written post. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 3

Lindy's creepy brother butting in and asking if Miguel believed in a higher power and what his religious beliefs are was irritating. What business is it of his? Shouldn't that discussion happen between Miguel and Lindy? Butt out. You're too involved and it's just been a couple of hours.

Mitch should just stay single. He's uptight, totally rigid and too into himself with his "my way or the highway" attitude. He didn't say one positive thing to or about Kristin. He knew he was not into her as soon as she got to the alter. Kristin, don't bother with him. It's a waste of time.

Here's some free advice. Slow down, Justin. You are falling too soon and too hard. Take it down a notch or two. You're way too clingy.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, pdlinda said:

Irrespective of what he says, I don't think Mitch is "marriage material."

We'll see as the season proceeds; however, that's my opinion of Mitch.  He's like a crotchety old man.

As a self proclaimed "crotchety old man" I take offense at being put in the same category as that self righteous pompous asshole!

And stay off my lawn!

• Like 1
  • LOL 22
On 7/20/2022 at 7:49 PM, Elizzikra said:

For Heaven's sake, can't any of these people Google "how to tie a bowtie???" 

I noticed that the stylist they called in was looking down after every bow-tying move, which I'm guessing was either instructions or a video on her phone.

On 7/20/2022 at 8:23 PM, mythoughtis said:

Lindy has already said she left that religion behind. She seems to be a person that believes in G*d but not worried about church.    Obviously not all her family has the same belief. 

And on the after-show, Miguel said she had warned him that her family is super-religious, so he wasn't blind-sided by her brother's questions.

I guess Miguel was busy thinking about other things, but a better answer would have been, "I'm planning for Lindy and me to deal with personal matters on our own."  (Yeah, I can dream.  No doubt it would actually have been, "I'm planning for Lindy and I to deal with personal matters on our own.")

On 7/20/2022 at 8:43 PM, Elizzikra said:

Me too. I thought he was very sweet and thoughtful with his response to her awkwardness at the first dance.

In an earlier episode, Lindy mentioned having one-night stands, in contrast to her sheltered upbringing.  She obviously navigated that, but didn't think to ask someone (even a girlfriend) for a couple of tips on doing a wedding sway-back-and-forth dance?

On 7/20/2022 at 8:56 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Lol at Miguel’s friends singing “Business Time” from Flight of the Conchords!

I didn't catch that.  I would have noticed my favorite, Too Many Dicks on the Dance Floor, though.

On 7/20/2022 at 11:02 PM, Retired at last said:

I am disappointed that the language used by both men and women is requiring so much bleeping.

I have a foul mouth, so I rather like it.  But even I was shocked to notice that Mitch and maybe other grooms were dropping F-bombs in their first private conversation with their bride.  I prefer to read a room a little before letting them fly.

On 7/21/2022 at 8:30 AM, Shauna said:

More surprising is that she's a doctor? 

As others have pointed out, she's a DPT, which is the qualifying degree to be a physical therapist.  What got me was that at the wedding, she said something like "I married a doctor," about someone with a PhD in science.  You'd think she of all people would know the difference between a doctor and someone with a doctorate.

• Love 4

I’m clearly in the minority here but I think Megan’s conversation with Stacia and Nate was very well intentioned and I feel bad that she’s getting such a rough reception by the viewers (and maybe a rough edit, I don’t know - unlike her other defender, I don’t know her personally). She is young, so she probably didn’t have the experience to recognize that she came off a wee bit possessive, but if I were in Stacia’s shoes, I think I would have embraced Megan for a lot of reasons:

1. I would have been psyched that my new husband had female friends. Women don’t tend to befriend guys who use and abuse other women, so I’d view Megan’s love and admiration for my new husband as a huge positive…akin to a letter of reference.

2. It was clear that Megan was excited that her buddy was married and, to me at least, she seemed very open and welcoming towards Stacia. Some argue that she was a bit much, but I think her approach was a whole lot better than the alternative - remember Henry’s female friends from Season 11? They were wickedly possessive and protective and quite judgmental of his bride. They wanted Henry for themselves. Megan, on the other hand, was welcoming and just seemed really excited to have another friend. Should she have backed off a little regarding all the group activities, instead leaving space for Nate and Stacia to have plenty of one on one time in their marriage? Sure, but if I were Stacia I would have been happy that my new husband had a supportive friend who was excited to hang out with me too. Friends of either sex can deliberately exclude their friends spouses, but Megan was the exact opposite. 

Personally, I loved megan’s enthusiasm. Considering the weird situation that is MAFS, where the participants know that some family/friends may not be all that supportive of the process, I would be relieved to know that his friends were already considering me to be part of their pack. 

I am sorry to Megan (and to her friend posting here) that she is being dragged through the MAFS mud. This show can be rough. 

• Like 3
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I noticed that the stylist they called in was looking down after every bow-tying move, which I'm guessing was either instructions or a video on her phone.

And on the after-show, Miguel said she had warned him that her family is super-religious, so he wasn't blind-sided by her brother's questions.

I guess Miguel was busy thinking about other things, but a better answer would have been, "I'm planning for Lindy and me to deal with personal matters on our own."  (Yeah, I can dream.  No doubt it would actually have been, "I'm planning for Lindy and I to deal with personal matters on our own.")

It looked to me like his friend was looking at a video on how to do it & still messed it up, it's a dying art.

As for her brother's question I thought Miguel handled it really well, I would have just said it's none of your business so fuck off.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)

I can (usually) never tell extensions vs real hair

That's a sign of good extension installation and upkeep!

And prenups are also part of "real" marriages too, such that both parties can leave with what they came in with. 

My marriage is "real" and we have a prenup. I think it's just smart to have one, particularly when the members of the couple come in with assets, and especially if either or both members of the couple have children.

It looked to me like his friend was looking at a video on how to do it & still messed it up, it's a dying art.

A friend of mine says it's just like tying a shoe... around your neck.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Yeah I wasn't serious about a threesome, I just said that to show how she somehow made my mind go in the gutter.  She was acting provocatively.  Maybe it was the situation making her more loose than usual.  Whatever it was it felt creepy and over the line and I'm far from alone in thinking that.  Friends should respect the boundaries of a marital relationship and not act like they own the groom and want the bride to jump right into their "little family", especially when the bride doesn't even know the husband yet at all.  Those things take time to develop.  And friends need to take a back seat for a while to let the couple have time to settle into marriage.  She was acting like Nate was primarily a "we" with his friends and she is "graciously" letting her into their circle.  That's not her place to do in my opinion.  Nate is with Stacia as a couple and the friends are secondary now.  It sounds to me like she's afraid of losing Nate and doesn't want to give up any of her primacy in his life even now that he's married.  She's going to have to come to terms with that.  Just my perspective as someone that's been married a long time.

You nailed it.  I wish I could "like" this a thousand times.

• Love 4
On 7/20/2022 at 6:16 PM, mythoughtis said:

Mitch is ruining his wedding day with all this natural  stuff.  She got all dolled up for him and he’s insulting her for it 

when she told him he looked beautiful at the altar and he didn't say the same to her I wanted to punch him through my screen.  I wanted to punch him some more when he complained constantly about her heels and dress and makeup ON HER WEDDING DAY.  Is he from Mars??? Even Emelia from New Orleans got dressed up for her wedding!  Agree as well that he was rude in not giving her his coat.  I can't remember when I have disliked a person on this show more.  What a douche.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Fire 1
  • Love 4

Ok, I have a kind of different take on the Megan/Stacia/Nate conversation. Megan stated that she just moved to San Diego a year ago and Nate's friend group welcomed her. Nate looked super uncomfortable as she was talking. Maybe it's because they had hooked up, but could it also be that she wanted more from him and he didn't reciprocate? How close could they really be if she's only known him for a year - it's not like they have been lifelong friends.......

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 7/20/2022 at 9:27 PM, Empress1 said:

Krysten’s mom: “what did you think when you saw my daughter?”

Mitch: “You’re so fucking hot.” 

Her mom is too glam for simpleton Mitch. He wants a plain Jane. Oh, and hey dipshit, it's your wedding day! Of course Krysten is going to be looking extra dolled up! He is already the one to hate this season for me. God forbid she accidentally puts an aluminum can in the paper trash bin! 

Miguel said in the after show he and Lindy already talked about religion so he knew it wasn't a deal breaker for her. Mind your biz, brother Lindy! 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

My marriage is "real" and we have a prenup. I think it's just smart to have one, particularly when the members of the couple come in with assets, and especially if either or both members of the couple have children.

I’m pro-prenup. I look at it like this: if a couple divorces, their state says things will go one way. If they want them to go any other way, put it in writing. That’s a prenup (or post-nup). (See also: wills.) And it’s better (in my opinion) to hash that out when you’re in love and excited than in divorce, when there may be anger.

I definitely think these couples should have one. They don’t know each other, they don’t have a foundation of trust to build on. It makes sense.

@Spectator I agree with you about Megan.

13 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Ok, I have a kind of different take on the Megan/Stacia/Nate conversation. Megan stated that she just moved to San Diego a year ago and Nate's friend group welcomed her. Nate looked super uncomfortable as she was talking. Maybe it's because they had hooked up, but could it also be that she wanted more from him and he didn't reciprocate? How close could they really be if she's only known him for a year - it's not like they have been lifelong friends.......

If she moved alone to San Diego and her new friend group are the only people she knows there, I can see how they’d become very important to her.

1 minute ago, bichonblitz said:

Her mom is too glam for simpleton Mitch. He wants a plain Jane.

Maybe, but he sure was quick with the compliments for her. Literally the first thing out of his mouth when trying to answer her question about Krysten was “first of all, you’re very beautiful.” 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Empress1 said:

Maybe, but he sure was quick with the compliments for her. Literally the first thing out of his mouth when trying to answer her question about Krysten was “first of all, you’re very beautiful.” 

Which kind of contradicts everything he said he wants in a woman. Makes him even more of an asshat. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

if megan just moved there without any friends and found this group and they took her in and made her feel so welcome, wanting to have lindy feel similarly welcomed seems like a nice gesture to me

• Like 1
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I don't think the problem with Nate's friend is that she needs more time to process this.  I think she would have difficulty getting used to it whether or not it happened so fast.  Otherwise she wouldn't have been acting the way she did.  Just my opinion.

If there's such an attraction and many common interests between nate and this girl, I'm curious why they didn't date and see where the relationship took them instead of using her as a ploy "story line" in a reality TV show. 

I'll stick with my assessment that nate wanted to appear on the show for a paycheck and temp "crash pad" to see how this exposure could possibly benefit him financially on social media in the future.  He appears to be a "hustler" to me.

It has nothing to do with nate participating in a  "marriage" as it is traditionally known.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, qtpye said:

I really do not see that gorgeous (but obviously "done up" woman...so shut up, Mitch) and Krysten's giant goober of a dad as a couple. 

Before anyone yells at me, I know that I am a horrible person who is going to Hell.

How often I've thought that I'm going to hell for my thoughts and sometimes my words (I'm deliberately not capitalizing it as an ode to its fictitiousness...is that a word?). I hear the best and most entertaining company will be there with us 😆. He seems like a nice enough man, but if only because of the choice of shirt, definitely a goober.

• Fire 1
3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

If she moved alone to San Diego and her new friend group are the only people she knows there, I can see how they’d become very important to her.

True, but it's possible that they are more important to her than she is to them, which was my point about Nate's face during that exchange - maybe she is making more of their friendship than actually exists.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 7/20/2022 at 8:11 PM, Blissfool said:

Lol I thought she sounded sweet and was trying to include Stacia in their game nights and hiking trips.

It's funny how we see things differently.  I took it as "This is what he does, with us.  Adapt or get left behind".  Did she even ask if Stacia likes any of that stuff?

• Love 6

My issue with Nate's friend Megan, is she could see that Stacia and Nate were uncomfortable when she was going on about their activities.  Yet, she continued, all up in Stacia's face, like she was rubbing it in how friendly she is with Nate. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
11 hours ago, Matty said:

Lindy's creepy brother butting in and asking if Miguel believed in a higher power and what his religious beliefs are was irritating. What business is it of his? Shouldn't that discussion happen between Miguel and Lindy? Butt out. You're too involved and it's just been a couple of hours.

Mitch should just stay single. He's uptight, totally rigid and too into himself with his "my way or the highway" attitude. He didn't say one positive thing to or about Kristin. He knew he was not into her as soon as she got to the alter. Kristin, don't bother with him. It's a waste of time.

Here's some free advice. Slow down, Justin. You are falling too soon and too hard. Take it down a notch or two. You're way too clingy.

6 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

when she told him he looked beautiful at the altar and he didn't say the same to her I wanted to punch him through my screen.  I wanted to punch him some more when he complained constantly about her heels and dress and makeup ON HER WEDDING DAY.  Is he from Mars??? Even Emelia from New Orleans got dressed up for her wedding!  Agree as well that he was rude in not giving her his coat.  I can't remember when I have disliked a person on this show more.  What a douche.

6 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Her mom is too glam for simpleton Mitch. He wants a plain Jane. Oh, and hey dipshit, it's your wedding day! Of course Krysten is going to be looking extra dolled up! He is already the one to hate this season for me. God forbid she accidentally puts an aluminum can in the paper trash bin! 

Miguel said in the after show he and Lindy already talked about religion so he knew it wasn't a deal breaker for her. Mind your biz, brother Lindy! 

Mitch's translation of "maybe I'll like her when she's in sweats and a ponytail" is basically him saying that he is not physically attracted to her.

The funny thing is that we have had some terrible grooms on this show but all of them were polite enough to say that the bride looked nice on her wedding day. This includes the grooms that were obviously disappointed. Some brides have commented that they were not initially attracted to their husbands, though.

It is very strange that he seemed not to give her even a small compliment on her appearance but is gushing to the mom about how beautiful SHE is.

Krysten seems like a nice woman and I hope she does not get her heart broken (again😞).

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Mitch's translation of "maybe I'll like her when she's in sweats and a ponytail" is basically him saying that he is not physically attracted to her.

The funny thing is that we have had some terrible grooms on this show but all of them were polite enough to say that the bride looked nice on her wedding day. This includes the grooms that were obviously disappointed. Some brides have commented that they were not initially attracted to their husbands, though.

It is very strange that he seemed not to give her even a small compliment on her appearance but is gushing to the mom about how beautiful SHE is.

Krysten seems like a nice woman and I hope she does not get her heart broken (again😞).

Having now watched this to the end, I can add that Mitch seemed more enthusiastic about how Miguel looked when he ran into him in the bathroom than he did about how his wife looked.  Also he was super vain about how women have "been aggressive with him before" when talking about the possibility of sex on his wedding night, and speaks about himself in the third person.  I thought I couldn't hate him more but now I hate him more.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

I don’t have hope for any of them.  I am really disappointed by Mitch.  I skipped all the matchmaking setup, did they have a segment with Krysten’s mom?  They didn’t seem close.

Lindy’s brother is creepy.  She gives me Kimmy Schmidt vibes and reminds me of Amber?  the one who got matched with the couch surfing basketball player.

I can’t tell if Alexis really likes Justin or has been over served.

Binh is going to get eaten alive. 

Nate lost me at the bachelor party, but we’ll see.  I think Megan was just being nice in a flirty fishing join our cult but no threesome way.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

Mitch and Krysten remind me of Zach and Mindy. Zach was not into Mindy and that's pretty much where Mitch is at with Krysten. I feel badly for Krysten.  She seems like a genuinely nice person.  And now she's hitched to Mitch who does nothing but bitch.  Ugh. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 8

Krysten’s mom’s hot pink strapless ultra-fitted dress brought me back a bunch of years to my friends wedding. On her wedding day her step-mother-in-law (her husband’s dad remarried, and his new young wife was still trying to establish herself in his social circle) wore a light beige floor length, fully beaded, sparkly fitted gown with cleavage for miles. It was something you would see at the Oscars. My friend’s wedding, and her dress in particular, was simple (and tasteful) so her step mother in law definitely outstaged her by several levels. It was ridiculous and so so selfish. The step mother in law was the talk of the wedding (although probably not in the way she had hoped/planned!).

Rule of thumb for guests dressing for a wedding….lean away from white and lean toward understated. The day is not about you.

Ugh. Some people. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Spectator said:

Krysten’s mom’s hot pink strapless ultra-fitted dress brought me back a bunch of years to my friends wedding. On her wedding day her step-mother-in-law (her husband’s dad remarried, and his new young wife was still trying to establish herself in his social circle) wore a light beige floor length, fully beaded, sparkly fitted gown with cleavage for miles. It was something you would see at the Oscars. My friend’s wedding, and her dress in particular, was simple (and tasteful) so her step mother in law definitely outstaged her by several levels. It was ridiculous and so so selfish. The step mother in law was the talk of the wedding (although probably not in the way she had hoped/planned!).

Rule of thumb for guests dressing for a wedding….lean away from white and lean toward understated. The day is not about you.

Ugh. Some people. 

So true.

As much as I hate the idea of "being upstaged" or putting bridesmaids in ugly dresses because I think every woman is beautiful, I do believe this is the one instance where it really messed up the groom. This is because he had no clue what his bride looked like.

The mom comes out and he asks eagerly if she is the bride (do many brides wear hot pink?) and then you could see him look a little disappointed when the real bride came out.

Mind you, Mitch seems like a jerk and Krysten is probably better off without him.

• Like 2
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, gwen747 said:

Zach was not into Mindy and that's pretty much where Mitch is at with Krysten.

Yes, I also thought of Will and Jazmin from several seasons ago.  He said that there was no "chemistry" between them and despite Jazmin (IMO) demeaning herself by trying to entice him with sexy lingerie, it never worked. 

I HOPE that Krysten maintains her self-respect and dignity and doesn't try to lure Mitch into situations where she simply makes a fool of herself and he becomes stronger in his lack of attraction toward her.  

I also thought of the season with Derek and Heather where his pot smoking derailed the marriage on their honeymoon and soon afterward they were allowed to part ways and not go through the anguish of "faking it" through the follow-up episodes. They did, however, appear together on decision day to announce their divorce.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
On 7/20/2022 at 9:23 PM, kristen111 said:

I have a feeling she thinks he’s too immature and isn’t thrilled with him.

He is immature.  Who goes up a Bride’s wedding dress almost up to her who- ha in front of all those guests?  Tacky.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Cramps said:

The green wedding cake looked like something you’d spot at a wedding of Oscar the Grouch. 

On the plus side, it made the other cakes look not as bad. 

You would think so but they were all fucking horrendous, and I'm not exactly a cake fan.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, qtpye said:

So true.

As much as I hate the idea of "being upstaged" or putting bridesmaids in ugly dresses because I think every woman is beautiful, I do believe this is the one instance where it really messed up the groom. This is because he had no clue what his bride looked like.

The mom comes out and he asks eagerly if she is the bride (do many brides wear hot pink?) and then you could see him look a little disappointed when the real bride came out.

Mind you, Mitch seems like a jerk and Krysten is probably better off without him.

The Mom knew exactly what she was doing.  Center of attraction.  She will stand out in every wedding picture unfortunately.  I’d be pissed.  I felt sorry for Krysten.  She was upstaged.  Maybe Mitch will wind up with Momma.

• Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 7/21/2022 at 6:39 PM, DrewPaul2010 said:

I can see him now 'Get off of my lawn'

Make that "Get off my xeriscaped, compost-piled, bee-hived, lawnless lawn."

Couldn't resist the joke, but throw in some native grasses, wildflowers, a lawn boy other than Mitch, and I'd love a yard like that. 😄

• LOL 10
(edited)
On 7/21/2022 at 8:35 PM, Empress1 said:

Agreed. If and when I have a wedding, my top three priorities would be food/drink, music, and photography. (Food/drink and music make for a good party and you’re ostensibly going to be looking at the photos forever so you want them to be good. Everyone I’ve known who tried to save money on photography - not just for weddings but for other life events - has regretted it.)

I was struck by how bad the photographs looked when they would go from the Lifetime filming to the shot by the photographers. People's skin looked weird, and the lighting was off.

ETA: Did Alexis just say that she had a designer vagina?

Edited by Mercolleen
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Mercolleen said:

Did Alexis just say that she had a designer vagina?

She sure did. No idea what the hell that means, not sure I want to know. Gonna file that tidbit in the area of my brain that houses the "freak in the sheets" comment by the wedding officiant.....blech!

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Mercolleen said:

I was struck by how bad the photographs looked when they would go from the Lifetime filming to the shot by the photographers. People's skin looked weird, and the lighting was off.

I noticed the bad photography, too. If that's a trend of some sort, it's just horrible.

re: Alexis' designer vagina

I came up with a few possibilities:

It's branded.

It costs a lot more than an off-the-rack vagina.

Has an outlet mall in its future.

Comes with a Louboutin red bottom. 

• LOL 9
On 7/22/2022 at 1:02 PM, Alexander Pope said:

when she told him he looked beautiful at the altar and he didn't say the same to her I wanted to punch him through my screen. 

Oh! I wanted to punch him way before that.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2