Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E03: Ain't No Wedding Like a West Coast Wedding

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

So far, I like nerdy Miguel.   I hope that's the last we see of Lindy's brother.

Ugh.  Krysten.  That voice.

I’ll take a nerdy and shy man any day.  I have my doubts about some of these men.  Some look like players.  Like Nate.  We’ll see.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Mitch is a little bitch.  I agree he acted more attracted to Krysten's mother than her.  He's one of those guys that says what he thinks without a clue as to the effect he's having or what he's giving away in the process or he'd never have acted that way with her while the cameras were rolling.  I feel sorry for Krysten already.  Her mother has obviously had work done but she does look young to be her mom.  Maybe she had her young.  I sense a really dysfunctional family situation there.  Her mother came to the wedding looking almost like she wanted to upstage her daughter in the vixen department.  And Mitch gave her just what she wanted.  Just awful.  Again, I feel sorry for Krysten and yes, there's a reason Mitch is still single.  He seems to know he has issues but I'm not feeling confident that this will help.

Production should have never let Krysten's father walk her down the aisle in that shirt.  At the very last resort at least ask one of the guests to lend them a jacket just for the ceremony.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love 18
6 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I’ll take a nerdy and shy man any day.  I have my doubts about some of these men.  Some look like players.  Like Nate.  We’ll see.

I'm getting the feeling that this nerdy shy thing about Miguel is on the surface and is not the whole story.  He doesn't strike me as being the beta male type or all that willing to please.  It also worries me that his friends were always telling him not to screw this up.  He admits he's always the one to end relationships.  I get a vibe about him that tells me he's a little particular about some things and not so flexible.  I'm not seeing anything particularly soft about him so far.  He may be a little self absorbed.  But we'll see.  He's certainly very attractive, I have to say!

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

He’s described MIL as beautiful. He hasn’t described Krysten that way.

I do agree that he found his MIL attractive. It set a high bar for the bride who was about to come done the aisle next.

Weird that he found MIL attractive, yet she's va-va-va-voom sexy and made-up. "I prefer a more natural look" went out the window for that one. 

Him blurting out that he’s “mission-driven” and not interested in material things is code for “broke” and not something he needs to be telling MIL.

Mitch is never going to sugar-coat things. He's always going to say what's on his mind. And I hate that about him. Poor Krysten. Funny, I don't notice her honking voice.

51 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Aaaand production is bringing back Lindy's asshole brother next week.

Ugh! He's the new Sriracha. These brothers need to stop!

38 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Justin needs to stop talking about his ding dong and how hard he is.

Justin thinks everyone is interested in his dingaling, but in actuality, it's only him. He is obsessed. It's embarrassing! 

36 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

If I see just one threesome to come, I am out.  That blonde looked too hungry.

Lol I thought she sounded sweet and was trying to include Stacia in their game nights and hiking trips. She even told Stacia to call her for anything. Stacia isn't about any that. Board games and hiking are not part of Stacia's vernacular. 

• Like 3
  • Love 8
Just now, Blissfool said:

Lol I thought she sounded sweet and was trying to include Stacia in their game nights and hiking trips. She even told Stacia to call her for anything. Stacia isn't about any that. Board games and hiking are not part of Stacia's vernacular. 

The whole time the friend was talking about "charades" and "hiking" I was wondering if those weren't some secret code names swingers use as euphemisms for some kind of swinging behavior.  I know I'm reaching there but I couldn't get my mind out of the gutter, she just seemed to be a little too eager about wanting Stacia to be part of their little group and it struck me as creepy and over the line.  And I'm pretty sure it struck Stacia that way too.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

I can’t believe Mitch told Krysten’s mom that she was beautiful but couldn’t be bothered to say it to her daughter.  The way he was going on about what his bride was wearing, it’s almost as if he forgot that it was her wedding day and expected to see her in sweats or dorm wear.

I am not a prude, but I could do without hearing about what the couples were going to do or not do on their wedding night. They are really dragging this season out.  At this pace, the finale will be the night before Thanksgiving.  Mark my words. 

• Like 2
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I can’t believe Mitch told Krysten’s mom that she was beautiful but couldn’t be bothered to say it to her daughter.  The way he was going on about what his bride was wearing, it’s almost as if he forgot that it was her wedding day and expected to see her in sweats or dorm wear. 

I know, the whole time he was talking about her being too made up and dressed up I kept saying to myself, "What does he expect her to wear on her wedding day?  T shirts and sweats?"  It's a real red flag that wants to find something about her to criticize right away without even considering the obvious fact that this is probably the one occasion in a lifetime that a woman gets most dolled up.  And then trips over himself complimenting her mother who is even MORE dolled up.....OMG, the inappropriateness, don't even get me started!

6 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I am not a prude, but I could do without hearing about what the couples were going to do or not do on their wedding night. They are really dragging this season out.  At this pace, the finale will be the night before Thanksgiving.  Mark my words. 

I agree they're stretching it out but it's probably only made worse by the fact that one wedding had to be postponed so similar to last season they are (at least for the moment) down one couple and had to fill in the extra air time with more dumb reception banter.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

Didn’t watch last week. Last season so bad I found myself disinterested. But, aboard again tonight and honestly, these couples seem actually matched.  Praise the Lord!  LOL.  New producers?  Whatever, looks interesting and I’m back I think.  I like all.  Love Mitch. Kirsten seems good match if she will only tune it down a little.  Talk, Krysten don’t shout, quiet is good esp with a scientist like Mitch.  

Edited by Ms.C.
Syntax
  • Love 2
(edited)

So far it has been on here for an hour and I don't really like Krysten. I agree that they should have done something with dad. Those wedding pictures will be horrible. Can anyone understand what Justin is saying? I don't have a clue, other than apparently he can only speak with half the sentence being bleeped out, which doesn't help me understand him. They seem like they like each other, but she keeps giving him the side eye after he says something and I don't know what he is saying.

ETA - I got my couples wrong. The ones I can't understand are Alexis and Justin.

I think I like Lindy and Miguel so far. But, I do NOT like Lindy's brother and I do not like that the families are grilling these new spouses before their partners even get to know each other. And Nate's "friend" Megan? Um, just no. She is going to be a problem.When they started talking I thought they had known each other since childhood, but just a year? Just no.

Sigh, between the "like" and the bleeping out half of what these people (brides and grooms) say, it is going to be frustrating.

I don't like Krysten overtalking when Mitch is trying to talk. But, he definitely doesn't feel attracted to him. What the hell is he complaining about her wedding dress for? I do not like him at all. 

ETA - it must be FREEZING there. That's too bad that they have to wear heavy coats over their wedding attire.

I am just adding to this post since I saw the whole show now. I am not really liking any of these couples, other than Lindy and Miguel. The previews look like there will be the requisite drama soon, and that there last couple to get married (I don't remember their names) will certainly make up for lost time!

I am disappointed that the language used by both men and women is requiring so much bleeping.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

It will be unfortunate if religious zealotry rears its ugly head.  Poor Miguel had hard time just confronting it. I’m an atheist.  I get along fine with religious friends.  Will have to talk about the kids.  Should have told “believer” it was none of his business.  

poor Mitch. Chemistry not there.  Has more attraction to mom. Hope he gives it a chance. 

Edited by Ms.C.
Auto spell changed word
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Weird that he found MIL attractive, yet she's va-va-va-voom sexy and made-up. "I prefer a more natural look" went out the window for that one. 

You nailed it.

Snark Alert! I didn't find Krysten's mom particularly good-looking. She doesn't have the expected mom look, maybe she'd be considered "young" in a plumped-up, filler, plastic surgery way. But she couldn't hide that neck. Looks like a Wives of San Diego reject to me.

On to Mitch. His environmental activism is one thing I like about him. Calling him Greta is a compliment, IMO. But, yeah, you don't need to go on about it at your wedding, dude. He needs to lighten up in a lot of ways. I'd say poor Krysten, but she can probably give as good as she gets.

Lindy's brother. Whew. "You must believe in God because that's what I want for my sister even though that's not what my sister wants for herself."

Justin. I don't know what to make of him. Celibate but...! Alexis seems more mature than him, or maybe it's just that I can't get over his baby face.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I'm getting the feeling that this nerdy shy thing about Miguel is on the surface and is not the whole story.  He doesn't strike me as being the beta male type or all that willing to please.  It also worries me that his friends were always telling him not to screw this up.  He admits he's always the one to end relationships.  I get a vibe about him that tells me he's a little particular about some things and not so flexible.  I'm not seeing anything particularly soft about him so far.  He may be a little self absorbed.  But we'll see.  He's certainly very attractive, I have to say!

This is interesting. I'm inclined to agree. There's something there, some reason he's single, and I don't think it's D&D. His friends know, but they're being circumspect.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Miguel is an enigma.   I only hope Lindy doesn’t get her heart broken.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Lol at Miguel’s friends singing “Business Time” from Flight of the Conchords!

I don’t think Mitch is sexually attracted to Krysten. Her mother, on the other hand…He is so awkward 

WOW !   Looks wise.  Look at Krysten's Mother.  Then, look at Krysten’s Father.  Big difference.  Wonder how that came to be.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

The whole time the friend was talking about "charades" and "hiking" I was wondering if those weren't some secret code names swingers use as euphemisms for some kind of swinging behavior.  I know I'm reaching there but I couldn't get my mind out of the gutter, she just seemed to be a little too eager about wanting Stacia to be part of their little group and it struck me as creepy and over the line.  And I'm pretty sure it struck Stacia that way too.

Yep.  I thought the exact same thing.  It was weird, and I only hope the show does not go there.

• Love 4

Mitch

Douchebag With A Cause

There's a reason why these people have to come on this show to get married. The weddings are lame, it's like they're getting married on a Monday afternoon or something? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I missed the part of his friends commenting he always ends the relationships.  I only remember the conversation with them on their board game day.  One of his female friends commented  that he gives people way too many chances after they do things he should not accept.
I do think he misses a lot of verbal cues and body language - things that should tell him an issue needs to be discussed. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

Mitch

Douchebag With A Cause

There's a reason why these people have to come on this show to get married. The weddings are lame, it's like they're getting married on a Monday afternoon or something? 

I think they do get married on weekdays.  The bride to be for Binh commented that today was supposed to be her wedding day but now they would be getting married ‘ this weekend’.  Hopefully Binh was over his symptoms by then 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Seems like she was very sheltered.  I didn’t like her brother questioning Miguel’s religion.  Not the time and place.

It sure wasn't but Miguel sure did explain other peoples thoughts on religion.  I thought his answer was polite and mature to an inappropriate wedding reception question.

• Like 8
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Lol at Miguel’s friends singing “Business Time” from Flight of the Conchords!

I don’t think Mitch is sexually attracted to Krysten. Her mother, on the other hand…He is so awkward 

Mitch is a strange bird.  Sometimes I wonder how they get chosen!

Mitch likes minimum but babbles over mom in full makeup with probably a hundred procedures and dressed to the nines!

• Like 1
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Mitch is a strange bird.  Sometimes I wonder how they get chosen!

Mitch likes minimum but babbles over mom in full makeup with probably a hundred procedures and dressed to the nines!

Mom Krysten sure down played the Bride walking right after her.  The color was too bright.  Then came Krysten.  Mitch was still salivating.

• Sad 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

WOW !   Looks wise.  Look at Krysten's Mother.  Then, look at Krysten’s Father.  Big difference.  Wonder how that came to be.

Isn't her father in some band like The Beach Boys?  Money talks.  Are they married or divorced?

• LOL 1
10 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

She did. At one point Stacia grabbed Nate's hand as if to say back off blonde lady friend, he's mine.

Stacia was giving that woman all kinds of foul looks. I didn’t think the friend was hitting on Nate, although I think she said they’d known each other a year and they appear to have gotten very close in that short amount of time. I also think game nights sound fun and not scandalous - she was inviting Stacia. It sounded like Stacia doesn’t want to go and thinks because she won’t be there, Nate shouldn’t go, which is more controlling than I’d like. Like, yes, if friends don’t respect boundaries, have that conversation, but that hasn’t happened yet and she was acting as though it had.

10 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Did not like Justin crawling on the floor towards her.

Justin is so unsexy to me in general. Seems sweet but looks-wise, totally not sexy.

• Like 2
  • Love 8

Justin and Alexis have caught my eye.  Such a strange pairing but they surely seem to be in lust with each other.

Justin looks about 12 years old and like the tree he describes.  However when he starts talking I hear a kind, mature man.

Alexis looks older than her age maybe because Justin seems so young.  She has the most beautiful smile and they seem to really like each other.

Justin needs to stop talking about his woody.  It's not making him look mature or manly.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
26 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

The color was too bright.

IMO it wasn’t just about the color of Krysten’s mom’s dress, it’s that the dress as a whole was really revealing: lots of cleavage, a side slit, short, and sheer panels. 

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Why didn’t Mitch give her his coat? Perfect tender moment setup!

If you told me Lindy was all of 16, I’d believe it based on her social skills. I’m surprised she hasn’t matured more since leaving the fold. 

More surprising is that she's a doctor?  Or did I hear wrong?  I'm sure I heard it several times, but it just can't be.  She does seem like a teenager. 

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Isn't her father in some band like The Beach Boys?  Money talks.  Are they married or divorced?

Who knows.  Guess we will find out.

So, Krysten’s Mother and Father couldn’t sit together for their daughter being there were no significant others there?

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

IMO it wasn’t just about the color of Krysten’s mom’s dress, it’s that the dress as a whole was really revealing: lots of cleavage, a side slit, short, and sheer panels. 

Not the only mother of the bride this season to show off too much of herself.  It’s her daughter’s day,  they should have dressed like it instead  of making it about them.   

• Applause 2
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Shauna said:

More surprising is that she's a doctor?  Or did I hear wrong?  I'm sure I heard it several times, but it just can't be.  She does seem like a teenager. 

She’s a DPT - doctor of physical therapy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

She needed two sizes larger than what she was wearing.  Too much boobs spilling out everywhere.  Also, she had a hard time sitting down.  That's what happens when your clothes are too tight.   

• Like 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

1. Krysten’s father is NOT in The Beach Boys. I just jokingly said he was on here last week because he looks like Brian Wilson and I guess some people thought I was serious! Apologies for the confusion. 

2. Nate’s friend’s “generous” offers inviting Stacia to join in their games and to answer any questions she had, had a distinctly “Camilla ‘advises’ Diana early in her marriage to Charles” vibe. Stacia is not fooled. Also the friend keeps insisting that she and Nate, a guy she’s known a year, are (like) family.

3. HOW DO YOU SOLVE A PROBLEM LIKE MITCH? You probably don’t. He’s such an obvious walking red flag, I’m wondering if he was chosen because Dr Pepper thought he was tasty. (Didn’t she say he and Miguel were her types during the casting special?)

So Mitch does not lie! If you are not casually attired enough for him on your wedding day, he will tell you! If your Mom is dressed more vixen than mother of the bride, (going against his supposed casual desires) and he thinks she’s hot, he will pull her aside to tell her!  If he doesn’t care about earning money, he will tell your parents right away! Mitch has integrity! Mitch will not lie-ever! 

“Except to the police.” 

Poor Krysten. 

And what’s up with short sleeve Dad? She told him to bring something more dressy. Did the show not let him wear it so that we’d remember that he was not told about the wedding in advance? Maybe he too could have borrowed the motorcycle jacket. 

Edited by Cramps
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10

It’s obvious that the matching of couples is not directly related to who is best suited to whom, as evidenced in the matching of Mitch and Krysten, but that coupling is designed to make for good tv.   Mitch has already revealed himself as a complete a$$.  One would think after what she’s been through with her previous relationship, the “experts” would have tried to find her someone with compassion, grace and tenderness…qualities of which this guy has none.  Anyone wonder why he hasn’t had any long term relationships at his age?

1 hour ago, Cramps said:

Mitch has integrity! Mitch will not lie-ever! 

“Except to the police.” 

That was the only thing Mitch-related that I laughed at. (Better advice would be not to speak to police at all without an attorney present.)

• Love 3

IMO, her whole look took away from the Bride.

2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Who knows.  Guess we will find out

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I don’t like Nate’s friend Megan.  She only knows him one year and already making suggestions about hiking and sunsets with Nate and Sasha.  MYOB girl.  I have a feeling there’s something going on there.  She had too much to say, and why is she crying?  She looked bombed also.  Nate might have secrets, and Sasha isn’t stupid.  Hope I’m wrong.

• Like 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Cramps said:

So Mitch does not lie! If you are not casually attired enough for him on your wedding day, he will tell you!

Also, he focused on it being HIS wedding day, not hers. I feel sorry for her and don't think it will last. He is horrible and because he believes in a purpose, that gives him the right to be arrogant and narcissistic. No, it doesn't.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
12 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Justin thinks everyone is interested in his dingaling, but in actuality, it's only him. He is obsessed. It's embarrassing!

Except for his wife's friends and family that had the same thought about his size?

I hate to break it to people, but it is something that would be on some people's minds and I'm sure it is something he has had to deal with.

He just shouldn't make it his personality. Being kingdingaling shouldn't be your most talked about attribute as a human being.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Yeah No said:

You are reaching. They even pointedly showed Nate saying he enjoys hiking and sunsets as well.

I can see people thinking she really wants Nate all to herself but not this whole threesome thing. At best, I may think it's a keep your enemies closer type of thing.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Newmy said:

So I’m friends with Nate’s friend Megan, and she and Nate have never been anything more than friends, and the editors are doing her dirty (and will continue to do so). Megan is THE sweetest person on earth and she truly loves all of her friends, so her emotion was very authentic, and doesn’t indicate any romantic feelings toward him at all. Also, she wasn’t bombed. She’s been completely sober for four years. She moved to San Diego from Ohio and didn’t know anyone there, so her friends truly are like her family.

It pains me to see all the hate Megan is getting on social media, and I know it’s just going to get worse. 😞

Reveal spoiler

At one point, Nate stupidly puts his foot in his mouth and admits being attracted to Megan (not reciprocated, btw) and Stacia gets very upset, and this becomes a big storyline. NOT Megan’s fault.  

Eh. Sure. None of this is going to change what people see. The good thing is that people that present as possible problems in a marriage basically never pan out in the show. Whether it be siblings, friends or parents. They usually barely show up again or cause any trouble. We have yet to a friend of the opposite sex hurt a marriage here. A mamas boy choose his mom over his wife or anything like that.

3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Stacia was giving that woman all kinds of foul looks. I didn’t think the friend was hitting on Nate, although I think she said they’d known each other a year and they appear to have gotten very close in that short amount of time. I also think game nights sound fun and not scandalous - she was inviting Stacia. It sounded like Stacia doesn’t want to go and thinks because she won’t be there, Nate shouldn’t go, which is more controlling than I’d like. Like, yes, if friends don’t respect boundaries, have that conversation, but that hasn’t happened yet and she was acting as though it had.

Agree in principle about controlling; on the other hand, if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's probably a duck. Not always. But most of the time there's a reason our sixth sense sounds alarm bells. If correct, it's on Nate 100% to put the kibosh on "game night" and give his time priority to getting to know Stacia. If he doesn't, I expect they'll have a conversation. I doubt Stacia would put up very long with nonsense.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Not the only mother of the bride this season to show off too much of herself.  It’s her daughter’s day,  they should have dressed like it instead  of making it about them.   

While I agree about Krysten's mom's look just being a lot, and perhaps not exactly on-point for the spirit of the occasion, I'll put out there that there is no bigger opportunity for women to get it *wrong* than a wedding. Men have easy choices. Women are navigating a mine field, whether they realize it or not. Should they consider a color that's flattering to them?...that might be considered too bright and trying to upstage the bride; a print?...that might be too much also; play it safe and wear black?...some would see this as fabulous and others would accuse the wearer of having no imagination; how much white in that outfit?...is she trying to look like the bride with all that white?; how much skin is showing? how much makeup is she wearing? how high are her heels? It goes on and on. Basically, show up in a pastel-ish, sack-like dress, with flats, with minimal makeup and very basic hair and you'll be safe from *most* criticism. No-win situation.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Newmy said:

So I’m friends with Nate’s friend Megan, and she and Nate have never been anything more than friends, and the editors are doing her dirty (and will continue to do so). Megan is THE sweetest person on earth and she truly loves all of her friends, so her emotion was very authentic, and doesn’t indicate any romantic feelings toward him at all. Also, she wasn’t bombed. She’s been completely sober for four years. She moved to San Diego from Ohio and didn’t know anyone there, so her friends truly are like her family.

It pains me to see all the hate Megan is getting on social media, and I know it’s just going to get worse. 😞

Hide contents

Thank you for sharing the wider perspective here. Part of maturing is understanding that opposite-gender cis friendships can sometimes turn fraught. When a friend commits to a life partner, you not only should accept that your time together and possibly closeness level is going to change, you should willingly take a massive step back. That doesn't mean your friendship is over, or wasn't close, or wasn't valuable to both of you; it means one of you has had a huge life change. The partnership is now at the center of the partners' lives, and friendships must now work around that...it's the only way it can all work together. If the friend leads with "here's what WE do and you(new partner)'re welcome to join our little family" -- as Megan seemed to, according to the edit -- there will be f*ckery ahead as the new partner attempts to get clear on their partner's priority. 

We've seen many examples of opposite-gender friends of the bride or groom on the show, and none have ever come on as strong as Megan; could be producers choosing not to show similar past conversations, or it could be producers jumping all over the one instance, which admittedly makes great TV.

• Love 6

As I was trying to say about all the hiking and sunsets, maybe a just married couple would want to hike and watch sunsets by themselves for awhile instead of being with friends also.  There’s probably drinking while there too.  How much can anyone hike in the dark, I’m wondering.  Plus, how many times and how long can you watch a sunset?  Two minutes.  Sounds strange to me.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

IMO, it’s too soon for game night.  The newly married couple don’t even know each other.  Between the show and work, there’s no time for game night right now.  These “ friends” are asking too much IMO.

• Love 2

Toothy  McTooth Justin looks like he has about a dozen too many teeth crammed in his mouth, Nate's profile looks like a sphinx, and Mitch looks like a peeled onion. Miquel is the only attractive one in the bunch.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
14 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I have my doubts about some of these men.  Some look like players.  Like Nate.  We’ll see.

I was interested to hear that one of Nate's friends apparently found it appropriate and important to tell everyone at the wedding that Nate is a "freak in the sheets." Coupled with how naturally and easily he told the bachelor party dancer to "Get on your knees," I wonder if he likes his women submissive in the bedroom.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1