Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E03: Ain't No Wedding Like a West Coast Wedding

• Start Topic

I'm still hesitant about Mitch, he seems like a spoiled brat (a male version of Myrla without the expensive tastes). However, I will say that I get what he means about liking women when they are not all dolled up. I had a male friend in college who used to say that the most attractive a girl could ever look to him is wearing their glasses (if normally a contacts wearer), hair pulled up, and wearing sweats and no makeup. I thought he was nuts but he explained that to him, that meant that they were totally comfortable with him and didn't feel like they needed to be anything other than themselves. I think it's kind of sweet and I get the intention. I do agree though, that his expectations should be a little different on the freaking wedding day. It's traditionally a dressy and somewhat fancy occasion. If he dated and found his own bride they could have their super minimal beach wedding or whatever. But that's not what he signed up for so he needs to chill. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

I didn’t have any problem with Megan and her comments to Stacia and Nate.  Nate was right there.  Megan invited Stacia to game night. That means she expects her relationship with  Nate  to change to include Stacia. All that was needed was for Nate or Stacia to remind Megan that they were in the beginning of an 8 week process and filming and that they were probably booked up until after filming ended.  

• Like 1
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Madame Crabanda said:

I was interested to hear that one of Nate's friends apparently found it appropriate and important to tell everyone at the wedding that Nate is a "freak in the sheets." Coupled with how naturally and easily he told the bachelor party dancer to "Get on your knees," I wonder if he likes his women submissive in the bedroom.

That’s real nice .. lovely.  So Nate is a kiss and tell person?  Something sleezy there.  How do all these guys know this?  Apparently, he’s a blabbermouth.  Those “experts” are not on the ball.  Unless show is turning course.

1 minute ago, mythoughtis said:

I didn’t have any problem with Megan and her comments to Stacia and Nate.  Nate was right there.  Megan invited Stacia to game night. That means she expects her relationship with  Nate  to change to include Stacia. All that was needed was for Nate or Stacia to remind Megan that they were in the beginning of an 8 week process and filming and that they were probably booked up until after filming ended.  

Nate looked uncomfortable during that conversation.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I'm getting the feeling that this nerdy shy thing about Miguel is on the surface and is not the whole story.  He doesn't strike me as being the beta male type or all that willing to please.  It also worries me that his friends were always telling him not to screw this up.  He admits he's always the one to end relationships.  I get a vibe about him that tells me he's a little particular about some things and not so flexible.  I'm not seeing anything particularly soft about him so far.  He may be a little self absorbed.  But we'll see.  He's certainly very attractive, I have to say!

I hate to say this, but my Sister sees a gay vibe in him.  Could that be?  Besides Lindy, I would be devastated.

• Wink 1
  • Useful 2

Mitch might as well just start wearing all red as the red flags he is giving off are starting to dominate the screen whenever he is on.  There was no need to tell Krysten that he liked her better after she took off her shoes and that the wedding dress was too much.  And, Mr. Integrity really lied to us stating how he preferred natural looking women and then went gaga over Krysten's mom.  Oh, and being "mission oriented" only means that he feels superior to others due to his beliefs and that his life is fulfilling a mission whereas others are working for money and lesser goals.  But, what sealed it was when he was asking someone to get a jacket for Krysten he turned to her and said (paraphrasing) that he would be happy to make a scene.  I think this is a point of pride for him as he said it earlier in the season (about restaurants and water) and then in this episode.  That is waaaay too often to mention something if it isn't important to him.  I also think he will be too rigid about his environmental beliefs and not be willing to compromise on things.

• Like 10
  • Love 12

Ok, long post, buckle up:

Mitch is a turd. There is a reason he is still single. Oh, and Krysten, he will not be impressed with your recycling. That just means you are still using plastic, which he loathes. I am already over him. Krysten might have sprung the wedding news on her dad, but couldn't she at least have given him a hint that her surprise would include him needing a suit? I'm sorry, but this is DOA. A gal that is described as "bougie" is not Mitch's type.

I am more than confident that BO$$ Lady can handle Megan and her hiking and sunsets. The way she kept eye contact but took Nate's hand as Megan babbled on lets me know she is a BO$$. He can stop his horndog ways or get gone and I don't doubt she will let him know. I don't think Stacia will be hiking with Megan anytime soon.

Side rant: Please show, for the love of Jamie Otis, stop making people ask their family member's new spouse "what are your intentions with my (fill in the blank)?" Just once I would love someone to say "My intention is to get some cash, a place to crash and a fcuk before I peace out in eight weeks." It's a stupid question, and it comes up EVERY SINGLE SEASON. STOP IT!

Ooof - all the cringe with Alexis and Justin. He looks like her little brother. That garter peel was almost as embarrassing as the Shawneice and Jephte lap dance, maybe only less so because Alexis at least looked like she enjoyed it. Although, I am wondering if her drunken state by the end was because she was just trying to get some liquid courage to deal with being matched with the guy she rejected on tinder or wherever. That was a funny conversation though:

"How do you know it was me?" "Please, how many 7 foot guys are wandering around San Diego?" "Yeah, that's true". Ha!

So far, Miguel and Lindy are the best bet for success here. Lindy's brother had no business quizzing Miguel about religion at his wedding reception. Totally inappropriate, but Miguel handle it well. I really hope Lindy feels differently than her brother because this could be another Ryan and Clara situation, and shame on the "experts" if they disregarded someone's religious preferences. That is a major deal breaker! I think they are playing up Miguel's nerdy stuff - he seems pretty well adjusted. I liked his "how does my butt look?" and his conversation with his friends. They do seem fun.

Why on earth couldn't the show just go ahead and show Bihn and Morgan's wedding on this episode? Who cares if it is three days later? The audience has no idea - some seasons they are married over multiple days anyway! Understatement of the year: this show needs better editing. But I know I am just kidding myself - they are going to string this shit out for as looooong as they can.

Ok - who's consummating first? My money is on Justin and Alexis - between the booze, Justin's horniness, and Alexis' "designer vagina" (whatever that means), I think it's going to happen soon ;-0

• Like 4
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Mitch is all open mouth insert foot.   He seems to have  no concept of carrying on a conversation while not blurting out  everything on his mind  at that moment 

Irrespective of what he says, I don't think Mitch is "marriage material."

We'll see as the season proceeds; however, that's my opinion of Mitch.  He's like a crotchety old man.

• Like 6
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I do think he (Miguel) misses a lot of verbal cues and body language - things that should tell him an issue needs to be discussed. 

I interpreted that conversation with his friends the same way. However, at the wedding his sister told lindy that Miguel had no problem telling his ex-girlfriends when there is a problem, but the ex-girlfriends didn't put a resolution into action.

Idk. I tend to believe the friends' perspective.

5 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Justin looks about 12 years old and like the tree he describes.  However when he starts talking I hear a kind, mature man.

Is this when he's talking about his privates or when he's talking about being a tree? 😆

1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

But, what sealed it was when he was asking someone to get a jacket for Krysten he turned to her and said (paraphrasing) that he would be happy to make a scene.  I think this is a point of pride for him as he said it earlier in the season (about restaurants and water) and then in this episode.  That is waaaay too often to mention something if it isn't important to him. 

I caught this too and I predict that many a scene will be caused during the 8 weeks.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Rebky said:

Toothy  McTooth Justin looks like he has about a dozen too many teeth crammed in his mouth, Nate's profile looks like a sphinx, and Mitch looks like a peeled onion. Miquel is the only attractive one in the bunch.

Don't forget Binh. He might be attractive with a different hair style, jmo.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Lol I thought she sounded sweet and was trying to include Stacia in their game nights and hiking trips. She even told Stacia to call her for anything. Stacia isn't about any that. Board games and hiking are not part of Stacia's vernacular. 

She kept bugging her eyes when the friend talked about that stuff & then told her husband he'll cut back. Um. REALLY??? At least entertain the THOUGHT of participating, Miss Open-mind! 🤪🤣

• Love 1
2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

IMO, it’s too soon for game night.  The newly married couple don’t even know each other.  Between the show and work, there’s no time for game night right now.  These “ friends” are asking too much IMO.

It's not really. There going to have their first night with the friends and family soon after they get back. Perfect time for games night. She also didn't say they have to do all those things together right now. She just looks forward to having her in their group activities. There is no time-frame there though. It was a lot just in terms of all the talking but none of this has to be all at once.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

It's not really. There going to have their first night with the friends and family soon after they get back. Perfect time for games night. She also didn't say they have to do all those things together right now. She just looks forward to having her in their group activities. There is no time-frame there though. It was a lot just in terms of all the talking but none of this has to be all at once.

Right - the cast has had game nights with their friends before. They always have housewarmings in the place they stay in for the show and some of those have been game nights. And I agree that she didn’t seem to have any expectations that they’d be hanging out constantly. I’m sure she has a life too. For all we know she’s in a committed relationship herself that’s her first priority. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, kristen111 said:

If I see just one threesome to come, I am out.  That blonde looked too hungry.

I was getting "friends with benefits" vibes from both Nate and his friend. 

• Love 5

3 episodes & STILL one wedding to go?!!! So their wedding is delayed, this isn't live! Editing isn't dependent on getting the footage that night, is it? We should've seen all the weddings by now. COME ON! 😒😒

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

Miguel told his new wife he's not going to tell her she's pretty, she already knows. SAY WHAT?!!! Is he stupid?! 🤨 I mean, seriously. Why wouldn't you compliment your new stranger spouse?! She doesn't know if you like her looks! Dumbest thing I've ever heard!

• Like 3
  • Love 4

Okay. Enough of the "Black Love" segment. It's too long! They're kissing. A LOT. WE GET IT!!! ENOUGH ALREADY!!! Have we ever seen the garter part? SO CRINGE!!! We should go back to cutting that! 🥴

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Why the Miguel face cut-outs? Why does bitch Mitch have any friends? Why are they outside in the cold? Why were the cakes so terrible looking? Did the guys pick them? 😅 Why the first dance right after they first sit down? Does it make too much sense to dance AFTER eating when everyone's ready to dance?!!

• Love 4

Oh my god, Mitch is an ass. You can tell he's so insecure--about money,  looks,  relationship status, and his whole identity is wrapped up in his work because he has nothing else. Basically the worst kind of person. It's a huge red flag when people talk constantly about their integrity. If you had so much, you wouldn't need to talk about it (much like dick size--JUSTIN). Krysten has some issues but she didn't deserve this.  I may change my mind if she brings up her broken engagement again though.  Girl, you got cheated on once and you're 32*.   She acts like she'd been through HELL AND BACK. Mkay.

Miguel screams committment-phobe. He probably jumps right in and then finds fault. That's the vibe I got from his friends. He is cute and seems nice though. Lindy is gonna be the crazy one.

Agree that Nate seems like a player and Stacia is much too good for him. "Day trader" around here is code for "lost all my money on dogecoin"! Her eyebrows going higher and higher hearing all about game night and sunset hiking lol I don't find him attractive at all. Stacia is pretty except for that forehead, whew.

I just love Alexis. I'd be friends with her. She's funny and cute, and a very good sport it seems. I think Justin is quite immature and that will probably be an issue.

Dang, this show sucked me back in. I do love seeing my local spots on tv ;)

• Love 2

How many times did Mitch talk about preferring Krysten in her "natural state"? Like. STFU STUPID! All that talk & is he in his "natural state"? Like. SHUT. UP. Did he seriously have NOTHING nice to say or is he getting a bad edit? 🤔

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, glitterpussy said:

Agree that Nate seems like a player and Stacia is much too good for him. "Day trader" around here is code for "lost all my money on dogecoin"!

Agreed!  Especially as, from what I recall him saying, this "profession" was to rebound from some other "poor choices" in making $$$ (selling questionable "knock-off" goods) he described. 

I was curious about Nate's present housing?  With the extremely high rent costs (especially in places like San Diego), I'm wondering if he has the cash flow from "day trading" (especially in this down mkt) to sustain a decent lifestyle where bills are due EVERY MONTH!  

I have no real hope for ANY of the couples but I'll try to keep an optimistic outlook and give the show a chance.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lindz said:

WTF was that cake?!?!!!! Green monstrosity!!!! Then there were inedible parts he was giving to her! 😳😬

All the cakes were ATROCIOUS. I know there are always questionable elements of these weddings (bad dresses, tuxes, decor, etc.) but those cakes were next level bad. NOT good advertising for whichever bakery made them. 

• Like 2
  • Love 5

Mitch actually did something kinda right. Surprisingly. He asked if Krysten was cold & tried to get her a jacket? Then he said he'd "make a scene." 😬 Too far. She's a quiet sufferer, like Justin, & Mitch does too much. Just ask POLITELY! No need to pop off to release all the suppressed emotions/anger. I'm getting "hysterical man" vibes. 🥴

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Newmy said:

All the cakes were ATROCIOUS. I know there are always questionable elements of these weddings (bad dresses, tuxes, decor, etc.) but those cakes were next level bad. NOT good advertising for whichever bakery made them. 

That green cake was fucking hideous. I know it’s a free wedding but I’d have been mad.

• Love 5

Mitch said he wanted to get MAFS because he probably wouldn't otherwise. Oof. There's a reason why he probably wouldn't get married. & saying he probably wouldn't otherwise doesn't sufficiently answer the question. Is getting married just something to do? WTF does he want?! But then he said something insightful about projecting what he thought the women he liked were onto them & that being why it failed. He must not like Krysten's looks & complaining about her makeup, dress, & heels is total BS! Is he pulling an Alyssa? 🤔

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I didn't watch too much of this episode. With the exception of last season typically the couples are so relieved to meet their spouse and do the wedding they attribute the high to their new spouse. The most comical statement is when they say the experts hit it out of the ball park. Any normal human can be on the best behavior and best manners for a few hours.

Even though Krysten and Mitch seemed to hit it off like love at first sight I'm not buying it. At 41 I imagine Mitch has an image of how a wife is set in cement. I still wonder do they pick bald guys or is it a surprise to them? 

The rest are fantasy dream land. They start to wake up soon rub their eyes and see who they married. No one believes marriage is hard no matter how much its drilled in their heads.

1 hour ago, Newmy said:

Who cares no one eats them its decoration...

• Like 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, pdlinda said:

Irrespective of what he says, I don't think Mitch is "marriage material."

We'll see as the season proceeds; however, that's my opinion of Mitch.  He's like a crotchety old man.

I can see him now 'Get off of my lawn'

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Mitch couldn’t even be bothered to tell Krystyn that she is beautiful after she entered.  I don’t like him at all.  This, the beard tantrum, his comments about her looking fancy for her own wedding…blah.  “Professional Activist” indeed.   There’s a reason he is still single…

Well, to be fair, there's a reason they're all still single on this show.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

They actually showed more than one scene of the new couples cutting (or attempting to) into these cakes, and then eating them, and they look like they taste as gross as they appear.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Newmy said:

They actually showed more than one scene of the new couples cutting (or attempting to) into these cakes, and then eating them, and they look like they taste as gross as they appear.

Since the vendors are all supplying their wares/services for free, I guess MAFS gets what it paid for. Although you'd think the vendors would try their best to promote their stuff...

• Love 3
(edited)

sees a gay vibe

Unless she saw him having sex with another man, I have no idea what this means.

Girl, you got cheated on once and you're 32*

In her defense, her former fiance had been cheating on her with the same mistress for something like four years and she found out days before her wedding from said mistress. That's a hell of a betrayal.

I'm pretty sure I've eaten cake at every wedding I've ever attended except my own, at which we did not serve cake.

All the cakes were ATROCIOUS. 

They were awful. It looked like they had melted when the day was warmer and then solidified again as it got cooler. But I don't think they were every pretty and it looked like they didn't taste great either.

Mitch actually did something kinda right. Surprisingly. He asked if Krysten was cold & tried to get her a jacket? 

First her offered Krysten his jacket, which she declined. That was also polite. But I still don't like him.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Lindz said:

Why the Miguel face cut-outs? Why does bitch Mitch have any friends? Why are they outside in the cold? Why were the cakes so terrible looking? Did the guys pick them? 😅 Why the first dance right after they first sit down? Does it make too much sense to dance AFTER eating when everyone's ready to dance?!!

Being it was outside, why weren’t they all wearing a sweater or jacket, or coat?  All I saw was a black leather jacket passed around.  One Bride had a nice fur jacket on.  Smart.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I'm pretty sure I've eaten cake at every wedding I've ever attended except my own, at which we did not serve cake.

Agreed. If and when I have a wedding, my top three priorities would be food/drink, music, and photography. (Food/drink and music make for a good party and you’re ostensibly going to be looking at the photos forever so you want them to be good. Everyone I’ve known who tried to save money on photography - not just for weddings but for other life events - has regretted it.) Food includes cake. With that green cake, it was ugly (so even as decoration, it failed) and the green was either fondant, which doesn’t taste good (you’re not really supposed to eat it), or icing that was so saturated with dye that it wouldn’t taste good (a lesson some friends learned the hard way when they bought a black-iced cake for a Halloween party. We had to scrape off the icing).

I think Krysten even said it didn’t taste good - she said something like “I wonder if this is good. [Tries it] Nope.”

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

In case anyone is interested, there are some spoilers from MAFSFan about how many couples say yes on D Day. No names yet, just number. It's in the spoiler thread.

No thanks. I rather just watch a show and actually let it play out.

It's funny. I feel like Mitch is the actual guy Alyssa tried to pretend Chris was last season. Works too much, argumentative and he's no cowboy. I'm also sure he loves to debate.

Edited by Racj82
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I noticed those awful cakes too. Something must have gone wrong there…the worst of the worst of the worst bakery could do better. I’m thinking the cake order might have gotten screwed up or something and the production team scrambled to make those cakes themselves (probably laughing hysterically about their seaweed colored cake and their other disastrously lopsided, sloppy cakes). Even the icing wasn’t smooth - that’s a baking basic. There’s zero chance someone with professional baking experience made those cakes. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I’m trying to remember the logic the experts used when matching Mitch and Krysten. That match makes no sense to me. Krysten is a bit of a handful but I think she could be happy with a wide variety of guys. Mitch, on the other hand, has a very clear, easily identifiable type and Krysten isn’t it. Why do that? I can’t see a reason for this match at all.

There are plenty of women in CA who live very natural, “unprimped” lives, just like Mitch, with similar priorities regarding the environment, materialism (or lack there of), etc.. He would actually be pretty easy guy to match, yet they matched him with a girl who is so not his type, she actually talked about her bougie side in her vows????? Way to go experts. 

Edited by Spectator
  • Love 7

WTF was with Nate's friend asking Stacia her flaws?!!! Like. B*tch! Tell me your flaws! TF?! 🤨 I'm surprised she actually told him. He had NO place asking! So tacky! Can these people ask proper, appropriate questions?!!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I always make it a point to stay until the cake is served. I love cake!

Those were ugly cakes, though!

1 hour ago, Spectator said:

Krysten is a bit of a handful but I think she could be happy with a wide variety of guys. Mitch, on the other hand, has a very clear, easily identifiable type and Krysten isn’t it. Why do that? I can’t see a reason for this match at all.

I feel bad for Krysten because she seemed to be willing to give it her all and make it work. She was even attracted to him and has not said anything negative about him.

Also, she's gonna have to put up with her dad's I told you so's when this is all over.

Was I the only one bothered that Mitch was carrying his niece in many scenes? I blame the niece and her parents. Get your child, people! It's his wedding and there's a camera crew!

• Love 9
(edited)
On 7/20/2022 at 8:37 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Krysten got too much of her nose taken away. She looks muppetish. Sounds like she has nasal issues and doesn’t realize how loud she’s talking. 

So you think Krysten had a nose job?  I can (usually) never tell extensions vs real hair and a God-given nose from one that emerged from under the knife.  It does look a bit...unusual at the tip.  Honestly, if I were Krysten and paid for a nose job and that was the result, I would sue the mess out of the doctor.  (Of course, if it's natural, she probably has her great- grandmother's nose, in which case it's adorable.) 

Yes, Nate's friend appears to be a weasel.  She's cooing to Stacia that Stacia is now part of "their family"  and how she can't wait to go hiking with her.  I'm thinking this is all under the pretense of being her friend so she can continue to stay close with Nate. For her part, Stacia did not look pleased, probably thinking that she has enough friends and Nate's friend can take a long hike off a short pier.

Also, is it that unusual to have been proposed to 3 times, such that you have to keep talking about it ad nauseum?

Edited by rebel2u
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Cramps said:

1. Krysten’s father is NOT in The Beach Boys. I just jokingly said he was on here last week because he looks like Brian Wilson and I guess some people thought I was serious! Apologies for the confusion.

People thought he was in the Beach Boys?  Just how old do they think Krysten's dad is?  All the Beach Boys are 80 or pushing 80 if not dead already.

14 hours ago, Empress1 said:

IMO it wasn’t just about the color of Krysten’s mom’s dress, it’s that the dress as a whole was really revealing: lots of cleavage, a side slit, short, and sheer panels. 

It's bad enough to dress for attention at your daughter's wedding as if to upstage her but to do it in such a provocative way is just all kinds of inappropriate and in my opinion disrespectful of the bride.  And yet Krysten thinks her mother is great!  Why am I having such a hard time figuring this out?

14 hours ago, Empress1 said:

She’s a DPT - doctor of physical therapy.

Yeah, little known fact is that physical therapists, in order to be able to call themselves that specific title, have to have a doctorate.  It's not a doctor of medicine, so they're not medical doctors in that sense.  But they're also not PhD's in the sense that Psychologists are or other "doctorate" degrees are.  It's its own animal altogether.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
13 hours ago, Racj82 said:

You are reaching. They even pointedly showed Nate saying he enjoys hiking and sunsets as well.

I can see people thinking she really wants Nate all to herself but not this whole threesome thing. At best, I may think it's a keep your enemies closer type of thing.

Yeah I wasn't serious about a threesome, I just said that to show how she somehow made my mind go in the gutter.  She was acting provocatively.  Maybe it was the situation making her more loose than usual.  Whatever it was it felt creepy and over the line and I'm far from alone in thinking that.  Friends should respect the boundaries of a marital relationship and not act like they own the groom and want the bride to jump right into their "little family", especially when the bride doesn't even know the husband yet at all.  Those things take time to develop.  And friends need to take a back seat for a while to let the couple have time to settle into marriage.  She was acting like Nate was primarily a "we" with his friends and she is "graciously" letting her into their circle.  That's not her place to do in my opinion.  Nate is with Stacia as a couple and the friends are secondary now.  It sounds to me like she's afraid of losing Nate and doesn't want to give up any of her primacy in his life even now that he's married.  She's going to have to come to terms with that.  Just my perspective as someone that's been married a long time.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Lindz said:

Miguel told his new wife he's not going to tell her she's pretty, she already knows. SAY WHAT?!!! Is he stupid?! 🤨 I mean, seriously. Why wouldn't you compliment your new stranger spouse?! She doesn't know if you like her looks! Dumbest thing I've ever heard!

Not going to spoil this but Miguel had something to say about this on the Afterparty that might interest you.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

They were awful. It looked like they had melted when the day was warmer and then solidified again as it got cooler. But I don't think they were every pretty and it looked like they didn't taste great either.

Me too as far as the cake goes, I've always had cake at weddings.  I've heard of some weddings having "dummy" cakes that were just for show but real cake was served out of the hall kitchen, but never shown.  

These cakes were horrible.  Some of them looked fake with only one real layer.  And not even very well done fake either.  Just ugly and weird.  I can go there with non-traditional cakes of all kinds if they're done well but these weren't.

My wedding cake was very traditional but that was 42 years ago.  It was made at a well known Italian bakery (Artuso's) on Arthur Avenue in the Bronx's Little Italy neighborhood.  So it was delicious!

• Love 2