Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E03: Ain't No Wedding Like a West Coast Wedding

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, kikicat said:

re: Alexis' designer vagina

I came up with a few possibilities:

It's branded.

It costs a lot more than an off-the-rack vagina.

Has an outlet mall in its future.

Comes with a Louboutin red bottom. 

You win!

• LOL 2
On 7/22/2022 at 12:00 AM, Blissfool said:

Also, she's gonna have to put up with her dad's I told you so's when this is all over.

IIRC, Mindy had this exact same situation, and was also matched with the biggest Red Flag of her season.

On 7/21/2022 at 12:19 PM, thatsall said:

While I agree about Krysten's mom's look just being a lot, and perhaps not exactly on-point for the spirit of the occasion, I'll put out there that there is no bigger opportunity for women to get it *wrong* than a wedding. Men have easy choices. Women are navigating a mine field, whether they realize it or not. Should they consider a color that's flattering to them?...that might be considered too bright and trying to upstage the bride; a print?...that might be too much also; play it safe and wear black?...some would see this as fabulous and others would accuse the wearer of having no imagination; how much white in that outfit?...is she trying to look like the bride with all that white?; how much skin is showing? how much makeup is she wearing? how high are her heels? It goes on and on. Basically, show up in a pastel-ish, sack-like dress, with flats, with minimal makeup and very basic hair and you'll be safe from *most* criticism. No-win situation.

It's really not that dire, and I am speaking from experience.  My son is in a marriage-headed relationship, and I have already begun scouting for dresses.  I don't want to upstage the bride, but I am also not going to wear a dress that doesn't look nice on me, and it's really not that hard...avoid overly bright, overly form-fitting, overly cleavage-showing, and avoid black or white.  

• Love 6
On 7/25/2022 at 10:29 AM, Mercolleen said:

ETA: Did Alexis just say that she had a designer vagina?

Maybe it was on the after-show, but I remember her saying that in her efforts to love her body, she made a mold of her vagina, and had a friend help her, maybe?  Yikes.

I'm not sure how that would make it a designer vagina, but maybe there's some new terminology in the vagina acceptance world I'm not completely familiar with.  And would prefer to remain so.

• Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

IIRC, Mindy had this exact same situation, and was also matched with the biggest Red Flag of her season.

The saddest part of Mindy’s talking head interview after she dumped Zach was when she said her family, who hadn’t come to the wedding or supported her in the process, had been right all along. I was thinking, “you still deserve support! This isn’t your fault!”

• Like 2
  • Love 6
On 7/23/2022 at 1:50 PM, qtpye said:

So true.

As much as I hate the idea of "being upstaged" or putting bridesmaids in ugly dresses because I think every woman is beautiful, I do believe this is the one instance where it really messed up the groom. This is because he had no clue what his bride looked like.

The mom comes out and he asks eagerly if she is the bride (do many brides wear hot pink?) and then you could see him look a little disappointed when the real bride came out.

Mind you, Mitch seems like a jerk and Krysten is probably better off without him.

Typical guy.  A female wearing a potato sack could be a bride.  Guess he never saw “ Yes to the Dress”, lol.

• Like 1
On 7/24/2022 at 8:25 PM, Chatty Cake said:

Stacia should block Nate’s blonde friend from his phone. Problem solved.

There goes the drama.  He may be the type for being with friends a lot.  She’s not going to like that.  I wouldn’t blame her.  Stay home and shut up.  You wanted marriage.

• Like 1
On 7/21/2022 at 9:48 AM, Cramps said:

1. Krysten’s father is NOT in The Beach Boys. I just jokingly said he was on here last week because he looks like Brian Wilson and I guess some people thought I was serious! Apologies for the confusion. 

2. Nate’s friend’s “generous” offers inviting Stacia to join in their games and to answer any questions she had, had a distinctly “Camilla ‘advises’ Diana early in her marriage to Charles” vibe. Stacia is not fooled. Also the friend keeps insisting that she and Nate, a guy she’s known a year, are (like) family.

3. HOW DO YOU SOLVE A PROBLEM LIKE MITCH? You probably don’t. He’s such an obvious walking red flag, I’m wondering if he was chosen because Dr Pepper thought he was tasty. (Didn’t she say he and Miguel were her types during the casting special?)

So Mitch does not lie! If you are not casually attired enough for him on your wedding day, he will tell you! If your Mom is dressed more vixen than mother of the bride, (going against his supposed casual desires) and he thinks she’s hot, he will pull her aside to tell her!  If he doesn’t care about earning money, he will tell your parents right away! Mitch has integrity! Mitch will not lie-ever! 

“Except to the police.” 

Poor Krysten. 

And what’s up with short sleeve Dad? She told him to bring something more dressy. Did the show not let him wear it so that we’d remember that he was not told about the wedding in advance? Maybe he too could have borrowed the motorcycle jacket. 

::clare huxtable slow nod::

Well, first of all, you have to sing and twirl in the abbey courtyard while asking this question.   Mitch, a man for whom band aid's invisible and flesh colored line was made,  complained about how Krysten looked while sporting a damn war wound with nary a lick of hair to hide it.   I hope his friends read these boards and I hope he got cases and cases of soda for a wedding present.   That cake was a reflection of your spirit, bruh.

On 7/21/2022 at 11:18 AM, Newmy said:

So I’m friends with Nate’s friend Megan, and she and Nate have never been anything more than friends, and the editors are doing her dirty (and will continue to do so). Megan is THE sweetest person on earth and she truly loves all of her friends, so her emotion was very authentic, and doesn’t indicate any romantic feelings toward him at all. Also, she wasn’t bombed. She’s been completely sober for four years. She moved to San Diego from Ohio and didn’t know anyone there, so her friends truly are like her family.

It pains me to see all the hate Megan is getting on social media, and I know it’s just going to get worse. 😞

Reveal spoiler

At one point, Nate stupidly puts his foot in his mouth and admits being attracted to Megan (not reciprocated, btw) and Stacia gets very upset, and this becomes a big storyline. NOT Megan’s fault.  

Newmy, I'm sorry your friend is catching hell, especially if it's undeserved.  Now I'm messy  so, with that having been said, respectfully, all of your friend's traits as described above are not mutually exclusive to bussin it wide open one time for the one time.  You can be everything you said Megan was AND still get handled and keep that private.  Not to speak on anyone else's behalf, but I think those of us who see this on the Biz Markie side of the game a) observe something else and b) attribute that something less to Megan and her personality than to a reluctance to observe (what should be) natural boundaries.

On 7/22/2022 at 12:05 AM, rebel2u said:

So you think Krysten had a nose job?  I can (usually) never tell extensions vs real hair and a God-given nose from one that emerged from under the knife.  It does look a bit...unusual at the tip.  Honestly, if I were Krysten and paid for a nose job and that was the result, I would sue the mess out of the doctor.  (Of course, if it's natural, she probably has her great- grandmother's nose, in which case it's adorable.) 

Yes, Nate's friend appears to be a weasel.  She's cooing to Stacia that Stacia is now part of "their family"  and how she can't wait to go hiking with her.  I'm thinking this is all under the pretense of being her friend so she can continue to stay close with Nate. For her part, Stacia did not look pleased, probably thinking that she has enough friends and Nate's friend can take a long hike off a short pier.

Also, is it that unusual to have been proposed to 3 times, such that you have to keep talking about it ad nauseum?

nope ::smoothsskirt::  😂

On 7/22/2022 at 12:42 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

I noticed that the stylist they called in was looking down after every bow-tying move, which I'm guessing was either instructions or a video on her phone.

And on the after-show, Miguel said she had warned him that her family is super-religious, so he wasn't blind-sided by her brother's questions.

I guess Miguel was busy thinking about other things, but a better answer would have been, "I'm planning for Lindy and me to deal with personal matters on our own."  (Yeah, I can dream.  No doubt it would actually have been, "I'm planning for Lindy and I to deal with personal matters on our own.")

In an earlier episode, Lindy mentioned having one-night stands, in contrast to her sheltered upbringing.  She obviously navigated that, but didn't think to ask someone (even a girlfriend) for a couple of tips on doing a wedding sway-back-and-forth dance?

I didn't catch that.  I would have noticed my favorite, Too Many Dicks on the Dance Floor, though.

I have a foul mouth, so I rather like it.  But even I was shocked to notice that Mitch and maybe other grooms were dropping F-bombs in their first private conversation with their bride.  I prefer to read a room a little before letting them fly.

As others have pointed out, she's a DPT, which is the qualifying degree to be a physical therapist.  What got me was that at the wedding, she said something like "I married a doctor," about someone with a PhD in science.  You'd think she of all people would know the difference between a doctor and someone with a doctorate.

Asking for myself, in social settings and on paper this is my salutation to PhDs, that's not right?  Na'am one of em has ever corrected me lol! 

On 7/22/2022 at 12:26 AM, Yeah No said:

Yeah I wasn't serious about a threesome, I just said that to show how she somehow made my mind go in the gutter.  She was acting provocatively.  Maybe it was the situation making her more loose than usual.  Whatever it was it felt creepy and over the line and I'm far from alone in thinking that.  Friends should respect the boundaries of a marital relationship and not act like they own the groom and want the bride to jump right into their "little family", especially when the bride doesn't even know the husband yet at all.  Those things take time to develop.  And friends need to take a back seat for a while to let the couple have time to settle into marriage.  She was acting like Nate was primarily a "we" with his friends and she is "graciously" letting her into their circle.  That's not her place to do in my opinion.  Nate is with Stacia as a couple and the friends are secondary now.  It sounds to me like she's afraid of losing Nate and doesn't want to give up any of her primacy in his life even now that he's married.  She's going to have to come to terms with that.  Just my perspective as someone that's been married a long time.

Real shit!    

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 3
On 7/26/2022 at 8:02 AM, LuvMyShows said:

It's really not that dire, and I am speaking from experience.  My son is in a marriage-headed relationship, and I have already begun scouting for dresses.  I don't want to upstage the bride, but I am also not going to wear a dress that doesn't look nice on me, and it's really not that hard...avoid overly bright, overly form-fitting, overly cleavage-showing, and avoid black or white.  

Luvmyshows, I wish you all the luck in your choice. It may indeed be easy for you to locate an outfit that does not offend anyone and flatters you. Your checkpoints above can be highly subjective: not overly bright, form-fitting, and cleavage-showing...overly may look different to you than to other women in attendance.

On 7/21/2022 at 8:18 AM, Newmy said:

So I’m friends with Nate’s friend Megan, and she and Nate have never been anything more than friends, and the editors are doing her dirty (and will continue to do so). Megan is THE sweetest person on earth and she truly loves all of her friends, so her emotion was very authentic, and doesn’t indicate any romantic feelings toward him at all. Also, she wasn’t bombed. She’s been completely sober for four years. She moved to San Diego from Ohio and didn’t know anyone there, so her friends truly are like her family.

It pains me to see all the hate Megan is getting on social media, and I know it’s just going to get worse. 😞

Reveal spoiler

At one point, Nate stupidly puts his foot in his mouth and admits being attracted to Megan (not reciprocated, btw) and Stacia gets very upset, and this becomes a big storyline. NOT Megan’s fault.  

So...are you also friends with Nate's barber friend with the locs? Because he's kinda cute and I live in San Diego 👀

I've been an occasional lurker in these forums, and it was the San Diego season that finally got me to join in the conversation. I have been enjoying identifying the spots where they film. So far, I have recognized a few places around North Park and Hillcrest. 

I had a MAFS production crew sighting a few months ago

Spoiler

I chatted with them outside of Madison and Park & Rec in University Heights, and they mentioned they had just been filming. I am looking forward to seeing whatever was shot there!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3