Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E11: The Weight of Words

• Start Topic

Diana's Komodo Dragon act is so off-putting - every time the camera catches her licking those giant lips I want to scream.

You never know when her tongue is going to make one of it's frequent appearances and I'm finding myself bracing for it whenever she's in a scene.

1aaa.jpg.ff4a83f4a4246dd5a3f6c907d4dd8857.jpg

• Wink 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Although Dorito may have a very chic Gucci dog leash...seems like something she would buy.

I was thinking someone switched Dorit’s regular contact lenses with Louis Vuitton or Gucci logo print contact lenses. But the logos only appear to her when Jamie Lee Curtis promotes My Hand in Yours* swag. Hence, why every item appeared so CHIC.

My very convoluted, TLDR attempt at humor.

*Not crazy about this name….

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 6
(edited)
On 7/21/2022 at 11:31 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

Jessica Canseco did here’s a link...and you will see a pre Beverly Hills Sheree Zampino

Ugh that clip. I watched this series and actually enjoyed most of it. This reminded me of how drop-dead gorgeous Eddie Murphy's ex-wife is, that I wanted R. Kelly's ex to live a healthy life, that Sheree is no stranger to this game and the person I'd completely forgotten about (Jessica Canseco) was apparently forgotten for a reason.

Anyway, welcome back to reality TV, Sheree.

Edited by nichelle
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 7/20/2022 at 5:14 PM, Mr. Miner said:
On 7/20/2022 at 5:22 PM, WaltersHair said:

I'm not missing Erika or Rinna for this party. Maybe Kyle didn't invite Erika because she is her own charity right now.

Or maybe they’re too poor lol, but I think they said it was Covid. I didn’t miss them either, Cackle and Lit

Edited by endure
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 7/20/2022 at 6:01 PM, RoseAllDay said:

A laxative? Said to someone with an EATING DISORDER? WTF?

Erika is just too damn interested in this. A new low, which I thought this creature could not sink. Yes, she’s drunk. Again. Crystal, walk away.

Glad to see the PSA for the hotline. God, if Erika just didn’t disgust the crap out of me. 🤬😡🤯

Erica is going to be fired from her job for being a drunk,  who would have thought that?  
And why is she not having to support poor Tom now, she implied if she divorced him she would.  She’s so full of it, she needs an enema, forget the laxative!

• Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, Feline Goddess said:

Diana's house looks like the villain's lair in a Bond parody. Did the party planners just go to the Home Depot and order the Christmas decoration displays? 

The Project Runway reject black sequin trash bag dress was hideous. Everyone who told her it was fabulous, was lying. 

Asher proves that being a gold digger isn't an accusation that can just be leveled at women. The red suit made him look like Diana's his beard and he really spends nights with his boyfriend. 

So JLC had a bunch of stuff made at one of those printing companies and it's 'swag'. There were chirping crickets after Diana matched Kyle's donation which I thought was interesting. If it was a charity luncheon, weren't they expected to make a donation? 

I watched the video of Kathy's home tour and obviously she decorates for the holidays herself instead of having professionals. There are aspects of the home that are quite lovely like the room furnished in all white and the one with the light turquoise and discontinued fabric. I also liked the royal blue & white porcelain pieces. Our current outdoor theme has those colors with similar decorative vases & jars. But in general, there are too many dust-collecting knick knacks and some odd decorating choices. Some of the décor reads very 'old lady' with stuff you'd expect to find at Grandma's. You know, the pieces that are eventually destined for Goodwill. 

I agree about the ugly Balenciaga dress Diana was wearing who seems to think that everything designer is fine (although she had her doubts here). Very unflattering.

I also think Kathy's house decor screams old lady. I don't like the exterior of the house either. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, endure said:

Erica is going to be fired from her job for being a drunk,  who would have thought that?  
And why is she not having to support poor Tom now, she implied if she divorced him she would.  She’s so full of it, she needs an enema, forget the laxative!

As usual Erika is full of poop. Somehow Tom is already being supported at a ritzy memory care facility. Where is that money coming from? She says they are legally separated. Are there any financial terms in the separation agreement? The reason that they are not divorced has nothing to do with the bankruptcy or finances. It has everything to do with the criminal case. I believe (the lawyers here can tell me if I am wrong) that as his wife Erika cannot be compelled to testify against Tom in a criminal proceeding.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
(edited)

Diana's black sequined dress screamed Bea Arthur.

I'm a little confused about JLC's charity. She shouted out the URL, which was something something dot com. Dot com in a URL denotes a for-profit business. Dot org is used for non-profits/charities.

When I was on the board of my local animal welfare league, a non-profit, we received a stern letter saying we could not state that every penny went to help the animals. I mean, they pay postage to ship that branded crap to whoever buys it. I think JLC needs to brush up on the financial process.

Erika appeared to be trying to ask innocent questions - to convey concern and a desire to learn about ED - when in fact her "questions" could have been lifted from one of those pro-ED websites that share weight loss tips. I've said before that she fails totally when trying to act like a normal person. She has no idea how to talk to people, and the booze doesn't help.

I'm not sure I agree with Crystal outing her ED on a housewives show (for camera time and sympathy). She should be dealing with it privately and in treatment, at least until she begins to recover and get healthy. I would think watching the episode would distress her and trigger ED episodes.

I continue to be curious about the Hiltons' finances. They were building their "dream home," then Kathy said the recession + COVID forced them to try to sell it. Are they now living in the dream home, or are they living in a different home?

Whoever said the Christmas decorating looked like Home Depot was spot on. In fact, I suspect Bravo did the (cheap) decorating. It has that rushed Christmas-in-a-box look.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

Did anyone else notice that in Crystal’s family holiday photo she was holding a handbag?!?!?  (A Burkin in a color that matched her dress). Ugh!!! 

The photo was obviously from a photo shoot (not some candid shot when she was holding her bag) … wtf?!?!  That level of shallowness has erased any sympathy I may have for Crystal.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Diana's black sequined dress screamed Bea Arthur.

LOL, it really did.  And Asher was cosplaining Joaquin Phoenix in Joker.  No wonder Rinna loved it so much.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, escatefromny said:

Did anyone else notice that in Crystal’s family holiday photo she was holding a handbag?!?!?  (A Burkin in a color that matched her dress). Ugh!!! 

The photo was obviously from a photo shoot (not some candid shot when she was holding her bag) … wtf?!?!  That level of shallowness has erased any sympathy I may have for Crystal.

I missed this. When were they at Crystal's?

I admit, sometimes I'm so bored with these ladies I play games on my cellphone while watching these shows. 

• Like 4
  • Hugs 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

Whoever said the Christmas decorating looked like Home Depot was spot on.

With all her money she could have figured out some other sort of Christmas decor other than a tree...what about a vintage train and village set up?

We all know Kathy does not do any of the actual decorating...she may point and direct but I doubt she is hanging ornaments and decking the halls.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I'm not sure I agree with Crystal outing her ED on a housewives show (for camera time and sympathy). She should be dealing with it privately and in treatment, at least until she begins to recover and get healthy. I would think watching the episode would distress her and trigger ED episodes.

I feel like the whole group would trigger someone with an ED. Rinna and Dorit may not have eating disorders the same way as Crystal, but we've seen they eat very little. Kyle's been open about an eating disorder. Sounds like Erika's had some experience with disordered eating. Teddi is around and sounds like her job encourages an obsessive, unhealthy lifestyle. 

I'm not at a place where I don't eat, but I don't think the body image issues ever go away. I try to make a point not to be around people who are obsessed with dieting and how thin or fat everyone is, etc. You can't avoid stuff like that entirely, and I think even those of us who mean well can pick up these bad habits (saying you look thin as a compliment for example), but we all know that person who makes you feel awful for enjoying food or compares different bodies. I try only to comment on a friend's weight if it's someone who's lost a tremendous amount of pounds and shared their weight loss journey with me. I feel like they appreciate kudos for hard work. But once they get to a certain point, I stop the applauding because I don't want to encourage an obsession with thinness. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 4
  • Hugs 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Erika appeared to be trying to ask innocent questions - to convey concern and a desire to learn about ED - when in fact her "questions" could have been lifted from one of those pro-ED websites that share weight loss tips. I've said before that she fails totally when trying to act like a normal person. She has no idea how to talk to people, and the booze doesn't help.

I agree a bit about Crystal… I have my own issues with my appearance and eating and—though nowhere as challenging as Crystal’s, I don’t want to imply that—I actually got a bit triggered myself. I imagine it would be hard to watch that back until she’s further down the path of treatment. MMV, of course. Her decision to reveal what she wants to reveal.

And regarding Erika—the only way she could have been more clueless and tone deaf is to say something like “Oh my gosh, I remember seeing an episode of Diff’rent Strokes about this. Scarf n barf, amirite?” 🙄

Edited by ivygirl
  • Like 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, escatefromny said:

I didn’t notice that and I completely agree with your last sentence. The level of materialism with these women is so extreme.

• Applause 3
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I feel like Sutton came into this universe with a total lack of understanding and kept it really, whereas Diana came in with too much understanding of this world and decided to be the new Willian.

The crux of this issue. 👍🏻

• Love 5
(edited)
23 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I continue to be curious about the Hiltons' finances. They were building their "dream home," then Kathy said the recession + COVID forced them to try to sell it. Are they now living in the dream home, or are they living in a different home?

Whoever said the Christmas decorating looked like Home Depot was spot on. In fact, I suspect Bravo did the (cheap) decorating. It has that rushed Christmas-in-a-box look.

The Hiltons still live at the same house they own for 17 years according to the Architectural Digest video which was posted here earlier, and is about 6 months old.

Diana sold the Malibu house, and the one shown could be her new one which was not properly decorated yet because she just moved in. And like a few others mentioned, I like its contemporary style. 

I cannot believe Diana said she had to scrub after the lunch with Sutton. It seems there is an organized attack against Sutton by some of the women for (sometimes) no reason at all. Diana is one of those since she decided to align with Kyle, Erika, Dorit, Rinna, and even Crystal. It's a pattern on HW shows. Those are realizing now from the reactions of the viewers that it was not a good idea. Newcomers are really forceful in order to make an impact (see Noella in OC, Traci in NJ who never became a HW, Jennifer in NJ before her, Leah in NY, Mia in Potomac, Sanya in Atlanta). 

Still no discussions about Erika's legal issues, but now she did an 180, and she admits casually that she talks to Tom. She doesn't divorce him because she doesn't have to testify against him, on top of more legal reasons for not doing it, of course.

I don't doubt that Crystal has an ED like Jackie from the NJ HWs, but I'm afraid it is a storyline because neither has anything interesting going on, although I'm sure they think they are fabulous (TM Theresa Guidice) like everybody else who joins those shows. 

Erika's suggestion to Crystal shows she has an ED herself, and that she is clueless.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ZettaK said:

I cannot believe Diana said she had to scrub after the lunch with Sutton.

No one with class would say such a thing--particularly because Sutton didn't do anything vile, like say, for instance, steal money from airplane crash victims and orphans.  I mean, maybe having lunch with someone who would do that would make one feel a bit dirty and like they needed to scrub off the bad karma, but Sutton just saying "I'm a good person" ain't that.

• Applause 7
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, Glama said:

I missed this. When were they at Crystal's?

I admit, sometimes I'm so bored with these ladies I play games on my cellphone while watching these shows. 

Oh definitely,  I play games or shop online during these shows or I would never get through an episode.  I missed the Crystal photo too I think 🤔 or I just didn’t care, nor did I care about her pity party eating disorder…. that’s a self inflicted issue, not a medical disability.  Get help and get over yourself….. you can well afford to.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I think they might have shown Crystal’s family photo when she was describing that her greatest fear is that her son and/or daughter might pick up a disorder off her.

Thanks for that, I had a boring morning and spent a few minutes to look it up and now I've seen it. 

I think I'm soon going to be able to enter the world championships on the Real Housewives Trivial Pursuit!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

WWCL is especially funny for this episode.

Their comments regarding charitable causes, JLC, narcissistic Kyle, and Diana claiming to be the dreamer in the relationship, her fiancé is the practical one: comedy gold.

Diana is the dreamer because she dreams about guests having the option to sit down at her party.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, endure said:

Oh definitely,  I play games or shop online during these shows or I would never get through an episode.  I missed the Crystal photo too I think 🤔 or I just didn’t care, nor did I care about her pity party eating disorder…. that’s a self inflicted issue, not a medical disability.  Get help and get over yourself….. you can well afford to.

“Get help” …. I was stunned that Crystal said she has never sought counseling for her food/body issues?!?!?!?  WTF?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, escatefromny said:

“Get help” …. I was stunned that Crystal said she has never sought counseling for her food/body issues?!?!?!?  WTF?

ED's are mental health issues, like addiction issues are. Deciding to get treatment for them, is a lot like seeking treatment for an addiction, as it has to come from the affected person only when and if they are ready to make changes.
Doesn't matter how much money or resources one has, or anything else external.

I thought she mentioned -was it last season?- that she had had treatment before? I wonder if she thought she had it managed, similar to Jackie on NJ, and it reared it's ugly head again? It's a lifelong battle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

WWCL is especially funny for this episode.

Their comments regarding charitable causes, JLC, narcissistic Kyle, and Diana claiming to be the dreamer in the relationship, her fiancé is the practical one: comedy gold.

Diana is the dreamer because she dreams about guests having the option to sit down at her party.

I was LOLing at their impersonation of Sutton, calling everything a mf'er.  😂. I can only imagine how Miss Southern Hospitality and Manners is regretting  that particular utterance.  Don't get me wrong, Diana would have driven me to that and more, but it just strikes me as hilarious when Ronnie and Ben bring it up every time they recap Sutton!

• LOL 6
(edited)
On 7/23/2022 at 7:50 AM, escatefromny said:

I can just picture the typical Beverly Hills Housewife gathering her family around her.  "Oh, Gee!  I bought another Birkin today- let's call the photographer and get a family portrait to memorialize this moment in time!"  

Edited by SemiCharmedLife
spelling
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 10

Dianas and Crystals dresses on that site...I dont know why but it shocked me that you could just put it in your bag...spending that kind of money I gotta touch the garment lol 

Also personal pet peeve when people who are newly together like Asher and Diana start the "we always do blah blah for Christmas..." like they have these long traditions.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
6 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I can just picture the typical Beverly Hills Housewife gathering her family around her.  "Oh, Gee!  I bought another Birken today- let's call the photographer and get a family portrait to memorialize this moment in time!"  

“Those Birkins… they grow up (in value) so fast…”

• Wink 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
5 hours ago, Victoria Winters said:

Dianas and Crystals dresses on that site...I dont know why but it shocked me that you could just put it in your bag...spending that kind of money I gotta touch the garment lol 

Also personal pet peeve when people who are newly together like Asher and Diana start the "we always do blah blah for Christmas..." like they have these long traditions.

Diana said they are together for at least 10 years.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 2

I just watched the Never Before Scene for the So You Say eppy, and omg, yuck! I'm upset that there was even more of Kyle getting physical with Sutton.

We all saw in the main show when Kyle walks away to go sit with Garcelle. Sutton walks past the couch and says something like "I feel terrible. just the worst person ever" thing and Kyle pipes up with "what's wrong?" And "omg! are you kidding me?!" As Sutton walks past. Kyle then walks over and literally gets in Suttons's face.

She puts her arm through Sutton's and yanks her close to her own body and tells Sutton to "stop" and "don't be dramatic". Sutton tells her "don't touch me." "Don't touch me like that."  

Kyle is full on holding Sutton in place, and Sutton ends up basically turning them in a circle to avoid her, and has her head down and won't make eye contact with Kyle. She tells Kyle "don't pull at me right now." Camera cuts away to the gals on the couch, and when it cuts back, Sutton is by herself and blotting tears with the heels of her hands.

Why is Kyle so comfortable with getting physical on Sutton? She feels so comfortable that she is doing it even when she knows 100% that cameras are there and the party is being filmed for the show.

Why does Kyle feel it's ok to try and intimidate Sutton by physically yanking, pulling, grabbing and literally holding her in place? Kyle is straight up physically abusive. Sutton saying "Don't pull at me right now" seems to me that this is not a new or one-off happening for her, that Kyle has done this before. Sutton is in an abusive friendship with Kyle. 

• Mind Blown 6
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Why does Kyle feel it's ok to try and intimidate Sutton by physically yanking, pulling, grabbing and literally holding her in place? Kyle is straight up physically abusive. Sutton saying "Don't pull at me right now" seems to me that this is not a new or one-off happening for her, that Kyle has done this before. Sutton is in an abusive friendship with Kyle. 

Kyle’s grabbing of Sutton and trying to blame Sutton for stuff that isn’t Sutton’s fault - that’s abusive behavior which I find very disturbing. She should be fired or suspended for getting physical with a coworker, but this is Bravo.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9
On 7/23/2022 at 7:50 AM, escatefromny said:

Eh, I think that level of shallowness is a prerequisite for being a Bravo RH. 

And of all the cities (that I've watched), these women seem the most handbag obsessed.  If I felt that way about handbags and had a Birkin you better believe I would wear it in holiday photo, lol.    I mean if someone is going to spend that kind of money on a bag, why wouldn't they wear it for maximum exposure? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4