Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E11: The Weight of Words

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, Marley said:

Diana’s husband is weird and annoying.

Watching her boy husband take charge with the party planner telling her how the decor should be was laughable. He looks and sounds like a 15 yr. old. That's the best Ms. rich bitch snob Diana can do? 

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
12 hours ago, Surrealist said:

The 95% is total bullshit, but I'm sure Sutton knows most of the other women can't stand her, and she's well beyond tired of being jumped on in every episode. It's exhausting to watch. No doubt it's way more exhausting for her.

I don't blame her for basically saying "yeah, I'm out."  I hope she sticks to that, because, to answer Sheree's "what is it about you?" question, it's that's the FF5 have singled her out and will do whatever it takes to make her feel like shit. 

I felt bad for Crystal in this episode.  As someone with disordered eating, I really related to her talking about how the holidays affected her, because, come October 1st, I'm already thinking "OK, gotta get down a few lbs because there's going to be all these food celebrations coming up."  It's an awful mindset to have (and I'm working on it) and she sure as hell didn't need Erika acting like they were sharing tips on how to get rid of excess calories.  On another note, oh, Kyle, so it's OK for you to talk about YOUR eating disorder when Crystal was sharing, but Sutton isn't allowed that grace?  Yeah, ,you're a hypocrite.

Diana's timeline with her move, her miscarriage, everything, is confusing, but I don't care enough to even try and figure it out.  She's awful, she just wants everyone to kiss her ass, and anything less deems you "less" in her eyes. 

Dorit with JLC was comedy gold.  So embarrassingly starstruck.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Like 2
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 17
(edited)
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I hope she sticks to that, because, to answer Sheree's "what is it about you?" question, it's that's the FF5 have singled her out and will do whatever it takes to make her feel like shit

Sheree's seen enough of them to know who the assholes are, and she's seen them pile on Sutton for everything.

I thought her question was bullshit for those reasons. Dorit always adds her two cents.

I would like Dorit more if she quit trying to asskiss the assholes. I suspect she knows they're rude and get carried away. I don't know why she keeps going along with them. I used to love that she had Erika's number and went toe-to-toe with her.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 7
On 7/20/2022 at 8:02 PM, RealHousewife said:

Jamie Lee is a delightful woman with a beautiful soul. She doesn't fit in with most of this bunch. 

I had a friend who met her years ago at a park playdate when their kids were in the same social circle. She said she was so nice and down-to-earth - went up and introduced herself as Jamie just like she did in this episode.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 10

Gotta say, this is a great magazine cover shot. And what made me want to capture it, and bring that up, is you know Erika loves that cover.  A perfect image for a Pretty Me$$, and what she is trying to make her brand.  The way she talks about how she feels about the cover is her “woe is me” act, but she loves looking scandalous on the cover of that magazine!  Speak to her about it, she plays the victim.  I’m so sick of her Urkel voice too, and I love Steve Urkel! Ask anyone 😂

9082632D-CD71-4302-944F-0785E05DA5CB.jpeg

• Fire 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

And the username escapes me right now but, whoever of you that it was, that said Diana’s new TH look is Betty White with Boobs— Spot ON!  I missed it last week, but now I am dying! 😂

Edited by Miss Bones
Grammar
  • Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 5
(edited)

Kyle, if it tastes good, and contains all ingredients that you enjoy, show some gratitude to someone hosting you at their home!  Especially when it is just you and your sister!  She really is acting like a total asshole lately.  How far she has come from season 1, when I found her to be one of the most down to earth, of the RHOBH.  

That— on top of her RUINING the ‘Father of the Bride’ house, with her and Faye’s bad taste, I can’t stand her anymore!  Her neon sign in the foyer, and the ALL gray kitchen, in THAT house, seriously raises my blood pressure!  

P.S. I’m being dramatic, but not totally joking about the blood pressure, I think 🤷🏻‍♀️

ETA: One more time for the cheap seats in the back! (TM Bobby Fine):  GOODBYE KYLE! 

Edited by Miss Bones
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7

(I haven’t finished reading this entire thread. Apologies if you have all covered this already.)

What a piece of fecal matter. 
When Crystal is discussing her ED, Diana makes an incredibly phony pouty face- - the kind you would show a three-year-old who said, “I can’t find my binky.” Then she actually says to Crystal, “I’m so sorry, love. I know how much you do love food, too.” That’s not something you say to someone who has this kind of relationship with food.

• Like 3
  • Applause 6
  • Love 7

I really can't stand Diana, her chilly house, or her dopey boy-toy husband. Her face and lips look like inflated balloons. Her only positive seems to be her two grown children who seem nice enough. I just can't with her husband, since he looks exactly the same age as her son. She's truly repulsive and I'm glad she's being dragged on social media. Not surprised to read about the lawsuits from former staff who were mistreated by her either. I honestly think there may be truth to the rumours she was a Madam, and that's why she was so defensive and secretive when asked about her book of photographs.

Hopefully Sutton continues to disengage with these twits.

I'm not fond of Kathy, but it's fun to get a look at her OTT house and decor. I am curious to see where things go this season, because apparently she has yet another major falling-out with Kyle. Not sure what caused it.

I adore Jamie-Lee Curtis, and I would have been completely star-struck in her presence. Maybe not Dorit-level star-struck, but star-struck nonetheless.

• Sad 1
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Oh, to have Kathy Hilton's life and bank accounts.  I love that she has Christmas trees in every room.  

Could anyone understand Kathy when she told Kyle, “This is my blabbity blah tree. That’s made using only vintage fabric.” Closed-captioning could not decipher it either.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

My sense re Erika is that she thought she was bonding with Crystal without really understanding that what she was describing was her own dysfunctional relationship with food. 

I loathe Erika but I have to say this is what I got from the scene, too. I think she was trying to bond, and maybe 'help' with a tip, while being massively drunk and ignorant.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
16 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Regarding Crystal and her short dress while struggling with body image, I know it can confuse people. But as someone who's also struggled with an eating disorder, sometimes you feel fat in jeans, so you wear a dress. Sometimes you feel like your hips are huge, so you try to distract from them by showing your legs. You can appear very body confident (even OTT showy), but still be really struggling. 

This is what I was wondering about Crystal after tonight's episode, thank you so much for clearing that up and sharing! 👏

Edited by Glama
Typo
  • Love 6
(edited)
15 hours ago, Aim123 said:

Kyle: "I'm trying to dye my awful shitty terrible gray hair!"

Jamie Lee Curtis: *has gray hair*

Also:

Jamie Lee Curtis: "I don't care about hair, I don't care about pretty houses, I don't care about looks it's about none of that! It's about your heart! But where's the best lighting?" I know she was kidding but it was the exact opposite of what she said about 3 seconds earlier 😂.

Also, does she not know Kyle's heart? Kyle's heart is a mean girl's heart! 

Sure, JLC was an adult when Kyle met her as a young girl, so Kyle's not had any opportunity to do her mean girl act to her, but sure JCL lives in this world and has heard about Kyle's antics? 😒

But okay, Kyle has a wallet, and charities need wallets. 😇

Edited by Glama
Edit: Sorry for all the different posts, I couldn't work out the multiple quote thing.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

Sorry about detached above post.

I’m reading this article for the first time now. There was a lot of info that I had not read about before. (Not what Erika claimed. Surprising no one.)

Photo of her closet shows many shoes that look identical. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2

The WWCL guys point out that Erika’s songs weirdly reference female reproductive organs, invoking phallic imagery (My ——‘s like a python).

From the Barely Legal article, one song states “Money makes me hard.”

Mikey, as an interviewee claimed, really was/is trying to live vicariously through Erika in order to realize his own fantasy for himself.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 6
12 hours ago, Surrealist said:

I'm probably about to get driven off this forum for saying this, but Diana's house is kind of my architectural aesthetic. My interiors would be less sterile, however. I love the Modern and Contemporary houses. I love all the natural light that comes in through the windows (but would hate to wash all those 🤣).

I'll slink away now. 😶

Make room for me on that couch because I think it’s a cool-looking home too! That said, as someone who also has a 1-year-old, it gives me palpitations from a safety/breakage perspective. (But I guess if you have staff around to watch your kid 24/7 it’s probably a lot less stressful.)

• Like 4
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

In this episode:

Ironic that Erika would have to pay Tom alimony if they divorced. Read the Los Angelos magazine article. “No prenup” emphasis.

No wonder she is not in a hurry to divorce officially.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Could anyone understand Kathy when she told Kyle, “This is my blabbity blah tree. That’s made using only vintage fabric.” Closed-captioning could not decipher it either.

"Chinoiserie".

• Thanks 3
  • Love 5
(edited)
22 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I thought she said "chinoiserie " but they didn't get a closeup of the ornaments. I thought if Kyle didn't understand "francophile" she'd never get chinoiserie. 

Definition of chinoiserie

: a style in art (as in decoration) reflecting Chinese qualities or motifs also : an object or decoration in this style.

Edited by OlderThanDirt
  • Like 2
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

The laxative comment is not only triggering to those with Eating Disorders, but I sincerely hope no one hears this and tries this "tip."  It was very irresponsible of Bravo to air it. At least Crystal briefly addressed it in her talking head, but not enough was done to inform viewers of the potential harm of laxative abuse.

Yep.  I got this tip a hundred years ago in college when I couldn't throw up.  Terrible.  Caused all kinds of problems for years. 

I was kind of surprised to see how ignorant Erica is on the subject of eating disorders.  I don't think she even realized that bingeing/eating and purging with laxatives is a problem. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Hugs 3
  • Sad 5
28 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

Yep.  I got this tip a hundred years ago in college when I couldn't throw up.  Terrible.  Caused all kinds of problems for years. 

I was kind of surprised to see how ignorant Erica is on the subject of eating disorders.  I don't think she even realized that bingeing/eating and purging with laxatives is a problem. 

I’m so sorry. 🤗 

It’s sad, but it sounds like Erika’s struggled with disordered eating of her own but doesn’t even realize it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7
(edited)

Diana's house looks like the villain's lair in a Bond parody. Did the party planners just go to the Home Depot and order the Christmas decoration displays? 

The Project Runway reject black sequin trash bag dress was hideous. Everyone who told her it was fabulous, was lying. 

Asher proves that being a gold digger isn't an accusation that can just be leveled at women. The red suit made him look like Diana's his beard and he really spends nights with his boyfriend. 

So JLC had a bunch of stuff made at one of those printing companies and it's 'swag'. There were chirping crickets after Diana matched Kyle's donation which I thought was interesting. If it was a charity luncheon, weren't they expected to make a donation? 

I watched the video of Kathy's home tour and obviously she decorates for the holidays herself instead of having professionals. There are aspects of the home that are quite lovely like the room furnished in all white and the one with the light turquoise and discontinued fabric. I also liked the royal blue & white porcelain pieces. Our current outdoor theme has those colors with similar decorative vases & jars. But in general, there are too many dust-collecting knick knacks and some odd decorating choices. Some of the décor reads very 'old lady' with stuff you'd expect to find at Grandma's. You know, the pieces that are eventually destined for Goodwill. 

Edited by Feline Goddess
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, Feline Goddess said:

So JLC had a bunch of stuff made at one of those printing companies and it's 'swag'. There were chirping crickets after Diana matched Kyle's donation which I thought was interesting. If it was a charity luncheon, weren't they expected to make a donation? 

I'm sure Sutton would have made a donation, but didn't want to upstage Diana's moment, as we already know how she would respond to that! 😉

Here's my question:  JLC was promoting her new nonprofit company, My Hand in Yours, which raises money for the Children's Hospital.  Why would Kyle say that she was donating $25,000 to the "Kyle Richards and Jamie Lee Curtis Fund for Children's Hospital?"  It sounds self-grandizing and seems like it would be far better of Kyle to say, 
"I'm making a donation to your new nonprofit to get the ball rolling," or something along those lines.  Why start a new specific fund named after yourself and JLC, when she is introducing her nonprofit?

• Useful 7
  • Love 4
On 7/21/2022 at 10:14 AM, Surrealist said:

A Dorit spinoff where she's just impressed by everything, and it's all "So chic!"

That whole "chic" business is what got on my last nerve!! A DOG LEASH is NEVER GOING TO BE CHIC, DORITO!!! YOU DOOFUS!!!

• Applause 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, goofygirl said:

That whole "chic" business is what got on my last nerve!! A DOG LEASH is NEVER GOING TO BE CHIC, DORITO!!! YOU DOOFUS!!!

Although Dorito may have a very chic Gucci dog leash...seems like something she would buy.

• Wink 3
  • Love 4
(edited)

A Dorit spinoff where she's just impressed by everything, and it's all "So chic!"

That could be the name of the show.

"So Chic! with Dorit Kemsley".

dorit-kemsley-dorit-rhobh.gif

Edited by Hiyo
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 12
(edited)
18 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

I have to politely disagree with that. There are plenty of leashes and collars that are chic & fabulous. I have a leash with crystals from a company called Fabuleash. 

Edited by Feline Goddess
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, Feline Goddess said:

I have to politely disagree with that. There are plenty of leashes and collars that are chic & fabulous. I have a leash with crystals from a company called Fabuleash. 

Agree.  But I have definitely seen more "chic" wind chimes than JLC's chintzy looking ones, that Dorit was fawning over. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 3

Unpopular opinion here:  I agree with Dorit that the original altercation between Diana and Sutton was Sutton's fault.  You can't demand that she explain her behavior NOW, call her soulless and a mother fucker, then confide about your miscarriages and hug it out all in one conversation.  Sutton may have been drunk enough but Diana definitely was not.  And I hate Diana as much as the next person but still.

I don't think that Diana lives in that house either.  Another clue is the fact that her basement just has clothes racks for us to look at - if she really lived there they'd be put away somewhere.  Her party did not look fun or fabulous.  What it DID look like was a staged event for RHs to fight at.  Were there even any other guests?

As for Asher - he seems okay when they're just hanging around the house, but looks ever younger and gayer when he dresses up for an event.  He does not clean up well 😄

I don't disbelieve Crystal has an eating disorder.  Doing posts about it during filming and having all the ladies on board to ask her tons of questions to me = searching desperately for a storyline, and fine with spilling personal details to get one.  I do think Erika thought she was sharing a helpful tip 😳  They're all here because they want to show off on tv, whether we like them or not.  That's why Kyle seated Diana next to Sutton, and why Dorit was rudely hissing about their lunch across the table.

Kathy Hilton, I have not missed you.  At all.  Can't wait until you're gone again.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

It reminds me of Zoolander's "The Derek Zoolander Center for Children Who Can't Read Good and Wanna Learn How to do Other Stuff Good too."

That's perfect, because I thought that Diana's sequined hefty bag dress was one of Mugatu's Derelicte runway designs!

43D03E80-4619-438A-BEF7-EC3429756D44.gif.4f855b6cbb763ea2ce387c0f030f4f17.gif

• Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 13
10 minutes ago, Jack Terrier said:

Well, as the old saying goes, even Balenciaga makes mistakes. 😉

I don't even think Diana liked it, didn't she ask Asher on the way down the stairs if it was okay and muttered something about feeling/looking like the pope?

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, princelina said:

Unpopular opinion here:  I agree with Dorit that the original altercation between Diana and Sutton was Sutton's fault.  You can't demand that she explain her behavior NOW, call her soulless and a mother fucker, then confide about your miscarriages and hug it out all in one conversation.  Sutton may have been drunk enough but Diana definitely was not.  And I hate Diana as much as the next person but still.

I don't think that Diana lives in that house either.  Another clue is the fact that her basement just has clothes racks for us to look at - if she really lived there they'd be put away somewhere.  Her party did not look fun or fabulous.  What it DID look like was a staged event for RHs to fight at.  Were there even any other guests?

I agree with you 100% regarding the bolded.  That was ridiculous.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I'm sure Sutton would have made a donation, but didn't want to upstage Diana's moment, as we already know how she would respond to that! 😉

Here's my question:  JLC was promoting her new nonprofit company, My Hand in Yours, which raises money for the Children's Hospital.  Why would Kyle say that she was donating $25,000 to the "Kyle Richards and Jamie Lee Curtis Fund for Children's Hospital?"  It sounds self-grandizing and seems like it would be far better of Kyle to say, 
"I'm making a donation to your new nonprofit to get the ball rolling," or something along those lines.  Why start a new specific fund named after yourself and JLC, when she is introducing her nonprofit?

Bingo

• Love 3
3 hours ago, princelina said:

No, you're right, Sutton came in way too hot. I get that she was trying to stick up for Garcelle, since Diana did that dig at her via the group text when she explained about the bed rest, but it was overly bitchy of Sutton.

The seesawing is not a good look. I guess she has a problem with someone in her orbit not liking her, and she did seem pretty ripped. The forcing hugs makes me uncomfy, and so does the telling someone exactly which words to say when they apologize to her, and the constant interrupting when someone is speaking with her is annoying.

Kyle's disgusting behavior and Diana's constant deadpan, lip licking, boring, 1-dimensional evilness, Erika's disgusting self, and Rinna's everything, has far outshined anything Sutton's done this season, otherwise I'd complain about her more! 😆 

Diana has also been relentlessly picking at Sutton at every previous time they'd all been together, and a person can only take so much when it all of it was unprovoked. Sutton hadn't done a single thing to Diana, had barely even met the woman, yet Diana started going after Sutton from her first appearance. She and Diana are kind of doing tit for tat at this point. I do give Sutton a little bit of grace, simply because half the cast are going really hard at her constantly, for the second season.

She seems like she really cares about the people around her, appears mostly genuine and kind, and does seem like a decent person, where I don't see any of that in Diana at all. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

No, you're right, Sutton came in way too hot. I get that she was trying to stick up for Garcelle, since Diana did that dig at her via the group text when she explained about the bed rest, but it was overly bitchy of Sutton.

Sutton did come in too hot and seems to have challenges in reading the room.

That being said; I would choose Sutton over Diana (and many of these harpies) because I feel she actually cares about others and will put her money where her mouth is.

I personally had no problem with her either dig at Diana and her comments regarding Dorito’s “robbery at gunpoint”.  She merely echoed my first reactions upon hearing these stories. That being said, I am not on a TV show with all these personalities. Rather, I help pay all of their salaries . 

I feel like Sutton came into this universe with a total lack of understanding and kept it really, whereas Diana came in with too much understanding of this world and decided to be the new Willian.

• Applause 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I personally had no problem with her either dig at Diana and her comments regarding Dorito’s “robbery at gunpoint”.  She merely echoed my first reactions upon hearing these stories. That being said, I am not on a TV show with all these personalities. Rather, I help pay all of their salaries.

Neither Dorit nor Sheree (or any of the others) were at the lunch, so technically, their opinions on what happened (despite not being present) are irrelevant.

The others are two-faced shit stirrers and if they were called out for it, they'd be acting the way they claim Sutton is behaving. None of them can handle being called out.

This includes Sutton, but again, the "Sutton is the most evil cast member in RHOBH history" for the second season in a row has gone beyond stale.

People have forgotten that Erika and Rinna exist.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
On 7/21/2022 at 3:37 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

And she’s married to Christopher Effin Guest.

Most amazing Hollywood couple ever.

Plus, JLC does not have her spouse’s name listed as Christopher Guest on her phone. 

She is also Jake Gyllenhaal's Godmother 😍Acting Jake Gyllenhaal GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Applause 2
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1