Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, Frost said:

That's officially Jessica Rabbit territory.  Forget a bra.  She needs some kind of shelving unit to keep those suckers up there!

Now, that is an insult to Jessica Rabbit & she doesn't deserve that. At least, Jessica Rabbit looks good & has some sense of class.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Kylie Jenner Is the Highest Celebrity Earner of 2020 and the Only Woman in the Top 10

Kylie Jenner is continuing to impress! Ahead of the end of 2020, Forbes named the 23-year-old makeup mogul the highest-earning celebrity of the year, after she raked in $590 million.

The outlet reports that Jenner's impressive earnings were largely a result of selling 51 percent of her cosmetics line to Coty earlier this year. The reality star was the only woman to appear in the top 10 of the celebrity earners list. Travis Scott, the father to Jenner's 2-year-old daughter, Stormi, appeared at no. 82 on the list, after earning $39.5 million in 2020.

The second name on the list was Jenner's brother-in-law, Kanye West, whose $170 million came mostly from his Yeezy sneaker deal with Adidas. West's wife, Kim Kardashian West, ranked no. 48 on the list for her $49.5 million in earnings.

Does the fact that Kylie made $590 million in one year make anybody else grit their teeth? And Kanye made all that money mostly from those ugly sneakers with poor, poor Kimmy not even making $50 million, she's practically destitute. 

5 hours ago, GaT said:

Kylie Jenner Is the Highest Celebrity Earner of 2020 and the Only Woman in the Top 10

Does the fact that Kylie made $590 million in one year make anybody else grit their teeth? And Kanye made all that money mostly from those ugly sneakers with poor, poor Kimmy not even making $50 million, she's practically destitute. 

*Shrug* if people want to part with their hard earned coins on Yeezy footwear/clothing and Kylie branded makeup then I say let them. I am never one to police somebody else's wallet.

I liked the style of the first editions of the Yeezys when they came out. 

And Kylie has 200 million followers on instagram And I don't know how many followers she has on the other social media platforms but any company would be a fool not to try to market to that audience that she brings. Because that is literally money in the bank she could Instagram or tweet or Snapchat saying I like red t-shirts at Walmart because they're super comfortable in the trickle-down effect would be Walmart stock would go up and you would not find a red t-shirt in any Walmart across the country. 

It's the same with Oprah Winfrey and any really celebrity really. No matter how they got famous their voices are louder than anybody else's fortunately or unfortunately.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 12/16/2020 at 12:38 AM, GaT said:

We live in a country where the president, a reality star, governs by tweet. It’s sad but not at all surprising that the highest paid “celebrity” is someone without talent but immeasurable social media presence 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Wanda said:

We live in a country where the president, a reality star, governs by tweet. It’s sad but not at all surprising that the highest paid “celebrity” is someone without talent but immeasurable social media presence 

To be a "celebrity" nowadays and I think going forward in time you were going to have to be more than just a great singer, dancer, musician, artist, ect.

It's going to be corporation-based which is what we are seeing with the Kardashians and all these other "influencers" because of the number of people who follow their social media accounts and hang on every word they say or on everything that they post that turns into tangible dollars and these companies are cashing in.

So yeah she doesn't have any particular talent but it does take a little bit of get up and go to have a constantly made up face and constantly putting out content either by yourself or your assistant to keep feeding the masses when you have days where you really don't feel like it and you just want to not bother. 

• Love 1
On 12/21/2020 at 12:22 AM, carolinagirl81 said:

To be a "celebrity" nowadays and I think going forward in time you were going to have to be more than just a great singer, dancer, musician, artist, ect.

It's going to be corporation-based which is what we are seeing with the Kardashians and all these other "influencers" because of the number of people who follow their social media accounts and hang on every word they say or on everything that they post that turns into tangible dollars and these companies are cashing in.

So yeah she doesn't have any particular talent but it does take a little bit of get up and go to have a constantly made up face and constantly putting out content either by yourself or your assistant to keep feeding the masses when you have days where you really don't feel like it and you just want to not bother. 

Ironic that you say it takes some “get up and go” to do what Kylie and the other kardashians do when most of their social media is them lying around showing body parts or standing in front of mirrors taking selfie’s 😉

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Wanda said:

Ironic that you say it takes some “get up and go” to do what Kylie and the other kardashians do when most of their social media is them lying around showing body parts or standing in front of mirrors taking selfie’s 😉

lol to my introverted self i am already exhausted at the effort they put into those selfies. To put on all that makeup has to take at least 30 mins, and then taking multiple shots getting the "angles"   

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
45 minutes ago, Aw my lahgs said:

From what I can tell, Kylie Kosmetics is on the way down. She’s been having major major sales both on her page and at Ulta and still doesn’t get it all sold out. I suppose the hype is dying down.

Oh dear, she may have to sell one of her mansions

• LOL 4
54 minutes ago, Aw my lahgs said:

From what I can tell, Kylie Kosmetics is on the way down. She’s been having major major sales both on her page and at Ulta and still doesn’t get it all sold out. I suppose the hype is dying down.

I figured that would happen. I follow a lot of beauty influencers on YouTube and nobody uses Kylie's products anymore unless they got them free as part of a p.r. package. Coty ridiculously overpaid for her brand.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Wanda said:

Oh dear, she may have to sell one of her mansions

I kind of wonder if the canceling of the show will really make them go down in relevance? I also wonder as Kylie ages (remember how young she actually is) her plastic surgeries are going to start looking more and more bizarre.

I mean she actually has had a shit ton of work done before her face had completed developing. I have heard that this is usually a giant no-no and she might end up looking like a later years Michael Jackson by the time she is in her mid thirties (or worse like the "Cat Woman" lady).

• Love 6
2 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Wouldn’t it be safe to assume all cosmetic sales across the board are down?  I personally haven’t bought any new makeup this year because I rarely wear a full face anymore.  Same with perfume.  

They are yes, but I read elsewhere Kylie's sales were down even before the pandemic.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, GaT said:

No, because they've got a megadeal with Hulu. You didn't really think they were just going to go away, did you?

Wouldn’t this require them to come up with actual content?

they’re maxed out on reality based shows 

Kylie had her own and it bombed

khloe had several fail

kim isn’t interested anymore

khris’ talk show failed

scotts’ real estate show failed

kendall wants nothing to do with this

kourtney? Oh please

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

They are yes, but I read elsewhere Kylie's sales were down even before the pandemic.

Yep. I work in the cosmetic business and the Kylie Cosmetics hype has been fading for a while. Overall sales are down for all brands but yeah IMO things started slowing down for Kylie when some big name influencers trashed her skincare line. I have a friend who is makeup artist with a pretty decent following and last year she tried to get one of Kylie's PR sets and she was told (politely) that Kylie's PR list is strictly for friends, big names and/or people with at least a million followers on instagram. Yeah well this girl got Kylie's holiday PR kit last month so that tells me she's trying to reach new people.

• Useful 8
  • Love 1

To be fair, you can also buy Benefit cosmetics, Apple products, and Charlotte Tilbury products from vending machines at the airport. 

And now I need to go wash myself in bleach after defending Kylie somewhat, ugh.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
45 minutes ago, emma675 said:

To be fair, you can also buy Benefit cosmetics, Apple products, and Charlotte Tilbury products from vending machines at the airport. 

And now I need to go wash myself in bleach after defending Kylie somewhat, ugh.

Out, damned spot! Out, I say!

• LOL 5

Coachella has just gotten cancelled again for another year. I can't imagine how poor stupid little Kylie, her stupid sister Kendall, & their loser friends are gonna be able to cope with this bad news.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Magog said:

Coachella has just gotten cancelled again for another year. I can't imagine how poor stupid little Kylie, her stupid sister Kendall, & their loser friends are gonna be able to cope with this bad news.

That gave me a good laugh for the day! 😆

44 minutes ago, GaT said:

Kylie Jenner Celebrates Stormi Webster's 3rd Birthday With a Dreamy Vacation

"Kylie also brought along some of her best friends, including Stassie and Victoria," adds the source. "They flew on Kylie's jet and had a great few days celebrating Stormi. They took off and headed home on Friday night to have more birthday celebrations for Stormi in L.A."

35 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Oh, FFS. I don’t even know how to comment on that.

Let me try. I think Stormi would rather celebrate her 3rd birthday diving & rolling around in a mud pit, having fun with the chickens, pigs, & horses, and eating a nice birthday cake than having to celebrate with her sad excuse of a mother, her worthless not worth a damn "best friends", & her useless siblings in a foreign country while the pandemic is still going. 

What a waste of a birthday that was. This is just another excuse of these losers to take selfies, showing us their "sex appeal" (or lack of it), & mocking us while doing it. Also, who is Stassie & Victoria and why should we remotely give a damn about those nobodies? They both suck, very fugly, & most certainly have Kylie's IQ (which is less than 20).

Is Stormi going to even remember this & have any good memories about this birthday in the future?

Edited by Magog
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5

What I find really interesting is that if you watch the video, you'll see that none of the photos are selfies, they were all taken by a photographer. So they brought along a photographer to a child's birthday party to take sexy photos of the adults.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, GaT said:

What I find really interesting is that if you watch the video, you'll see that none of the photos are selfies, they were all taken by a photographer. So they brought along a photographer to a child's birthday party to take sexy photos of the adults.  

Kylie has an assistant that goes everywhere with her and has a specific job to take pictures of her for social media. There were a couple of videos I saw where it was like a behind the scenes like look of how bizarre the whole thing is. She even made a photoshoot in a restaurant bathroom.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, carolinagirl81 said:

They just wanted to take a trip because this wasn't on Storm's actual birthday. I am sure there will be a Mindy Weiss planned "stormys world" over the top birthday for "family" at one of their houses

Good guess! Of course there was a big party yesterday. Kylie called it "scaled down" and just for cousins but of course everything Kylie does is OTT

https://people.com/parents/kylie-jenner-throws-daughter-stormi-3rd-birthday-party/

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, Aw my lahgs said:

Nike gifted Stormi 17 pairs of shoes. 🤦🏽‍♀️

Meh they do that with a lot of celebrity children, ESPECIALLY the ones who's parents have a huge number of  followers on social media. It's free advertising for them.

12 minutes ago, carolinagirl81 said:

Meh they do that with a lot of celebrity children, ESPECIALLY the ones who's parents have a huge number of  followers on social media. It's free advertising for them.

Hopefully Kylie gives most of them away to children who have nothing, but who am I kidding? 😢

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 2/21/2021 at 5:20 PM, Aw my lahgs said:

The Kylie Kosmetics are heavily discounted at Ulta. I think this is the end of the empire.

What with people wearing masks, her lipstick sales must be way down, too. I can only find one kind that doesn't smudge and it's not the Kylie one I have.

• Love 3

In a now-expired Instagram story captured by UK tabloid The Sun, Jenner asked fans to contribute: “May God watch over you and protect you @makeupbysamuel everyone take a moment to say a prayer for Sam who got into an accident this past weekend. And swipe up to visit his families go fund me.

I guess one of Kylie's make up artists was in a major car accident and needs surgery.  Kylie donated $5000 to his Go Fund Me page and then posted the link for her fans to contribute!  There were some testy responses about the amount of money Kylie spends on designer handbags for Stormi! 😁 

• Useful 1
12 hours ago, Frost said:

I guess one of Kylie's make up artists was in a major car accident and needs surgery.  Kylie donated $5000 to his Go Fund Me page and then posted the link for her fans to contribute!  There were some testy responses about the amount of money Kylie spends on designer handbags for Stormi! 😁 

She’s a piece of shit.  Not that anyone is entitled to anyone else’s money.. but if she wants to help, she can help way more than that.  To ask her “fans” who are young and probably not financially set to give their money while she alone could cover all expenses and she wouldn’t even miss the money is fucking gross.

• Love 7
On 3/22/2021 at 11:10 AM, Frost said:

The guy USED to be one of her makeup artists, he's not currently. 

Yeah it was tacky for Kylie to post the GoFundMe but on the other hand it did get it more attention so *Kanye shurg*

• Love 1
On 3/22/2021 at 8:10 AM, Frost said:

16 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

She’s a piece of shit.  Not that anyone is entitled to anyone else’s money.. but if she wants to help, she can help way more than that.  To ask her “fans” who are young and probably not financially set to give their money while she alone could cover all expenses and she wouldn’t even miss the money is fucking gross.

15 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Is it strange that the page was initially asking $10,000 but the revised goal is now $120,000? Did his medial bills just sky rocket or they figured why not squeeze some extra cash out of all of this?

The GoFundMe page is currently close to $100,000 with a revised $120,000 goal.

3 hours ago, carolinagirl81 said:

Yeah it was tacky for Kylie to post the GoFundMe but on the other hand it did get it more attention so *Kanye shurg*

OK, I hate that I'm even going to do this, but I'm sticking up for her. The GFM was originally for $10,000. When Kylie donated, there was less than $5,000 to go to meet the goal, so she covered the rest plus a little more. Then they started raising the goal, first to $100,000 then $120,000, so when Kylie donated, she gave enough to cover the rest, but now, because of how high they raised it, it looks like a small donation. I have no idea what the goal is now, but I am not comfortable with how they keep raising it, & I also don't think that Kylie is responsible for paying for this person's medical bills just because she has money, & they used to be her makeup artist.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, carolinagirl81 said:

The guy USED to be one of her makeup artists, he's not currently. 

Regardless, it made her look like the POS she is. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 2