Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

I am assuming Kylie and Stormi were in some VIP area. Does anyone know if they were whisked out of there as soon as everything started getting crazy? I thought I read somewhere that Kylie said they did not realize what was happening, but I would think that if security rushed them out of there most people would think that something bad is happening. 

I haven't read the details, but they must have been either backstage or in a VIP area that the regular concert-goers didn't have access to, and also had their private security with them (i.e. not relying solely on the security provided by the venue), so they were never in any danger. I would also think (hope?) that they weren't really close to the stage because it's extremely loud there, and loud noise is bad both for young children and pregnant women.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I am assuming Kylie and Stormi were in some VIP area. Does anyone know if they were whisked out of there as soon as everything started getting crazy? I thought I read somewhere that Kylie said they did not realize what was happening, but I would think that if security rushed them out of there most people would think that something bad is happening. 

I shared a picture of the stage set up above. They were FAR in the back in likely a lux RV with maybe risers so they could see above the crowd. So it is likely that they were no where close to the stage area thus no need to be whisked away.

• Useful 2

So lets get the forum pool going on what PimpMama is gonna do to get positive press about the Family?

Kylie + Travis Scott engagement? See? He's a "family man" now, not a "rage" inducing performer.

Kourtney + Travis Barker pregnancy announcement?

Khloe + Tristan "Community Peen" Thompson pregnancy announcement?

Kendall + NBA Baller Guy Engagement announcement?

Kim + Pete sex tape ala Pam and Tommy Lee Honeymoon video with Pete steering a yacht with his eggplant?

Because the cameras were rolling for filming Kim's Birthday dinner for the show so its likely that they got the family's reaction to this in "real time" So you know PimpMomma has something up her sleeves. 

19 minutes ago, carolinagirl81 said:

So lets get the forum pool going on what PimpMama is gonna do to get positive press about the Family?

Kylie + Travis Scott engagement? See? He's a "family man" now, not a "rage" inducing performer.

Kim + Pete sex tape ala Pam and Tommy Lee Honeymoon video with Pete steering a yacht with his eggplant?

Because the cameras were rolling for filming Kim's Birthday dinner for the show so its likely that they got the family's reaction to this in "real time" So you know PimpMomma has something up her sleeves. 

Nah.  From a legal standpoint, she would not be able to do anything, especially with multiple criminal investigations looming.  8 people died.  The lawsuits have been piling up.  Videos of Baby Daddy inciting violence at his concerts - have been on loop in the media.  The stories coming out have been horrific of children being trampled, of hospitalized victims fighting for their lives. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
27 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

Nah.  From a legal standpoint, she would not be able to do anything, especially with multiple criminal investigations looming.  8 people died.  The lawsuits have been piling up.  Videos of Baby Daddy inciting violence at his concerts - have been on loop in the media.  The stories coming out have been horrific of children being trampled, of hospitalized victims fighting for their lives. 

True. But if PimpMomma can spin Lamar's coke OD in a Vegas brothel she can spin this into their favor, because unfortunately this story will go to the background as something else well take its place in the media firestorm.  Just like this took the place of everyone talking about Alec Baldwin's movie set tragedy. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

Kylie actually shared pictures/video of the event while it was happening, including ambulances. She later removed them all . . . 

1 hour ago, carolinagirl81 said:

Where is the vomit reaction when we need it?

• Love 3

True. But if PimpMomma can spin Lamar's coke OD in a Vegas brothel she can spin this into their favor, because unfortunately this story will go to the background as something else well take its place in the media firestorm.  Just like this took the place of everyone talking about Alec Baldwin's movie set tragedy. 

She has a talent for turning turds into golden turds.

My sympathies for all those who died and got hurt at what was supposed to be a good time.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, qtpye said:

True. But if PimpMomma can spin Lamar's coke OD in a Vegas brothel she can spin this into their favor, because unfortunately this story will go to the background as something else well take its place in the media firestorm

I mean its different because Lamar was only hurting himself, tragically.  I felt sad for him.  In this case people died.  I don’t know how much of the blame will eventually fall on Travis, but it is definitely serious as this was his festival.  

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 5
On 11/8/2021 at 3:52 PM, nexxie said:

Likely Travis knew something had happened, just not what - possibly he was told things were under control and he should finish his job.

It’s not the kind of event I’d attend, or music I’d choose - but I lived in Houston for a few years and Travis was always doing something for the community. He is a caring person.

Is he though?  I judge a person’s character by how many slurs fall out of their mouths, and by that I’m not so sure he’s a good guy.

16 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

Of course they were whisked away and then Kris made sure to let the media know that they were all safe!  Like that’s what everyone cares about.

I was just reading that the concert was being live-streamed on Apple+ so of course they didn’t want to interrupt it.  $$$$$

Also Travis and Drake went out to dinner after the show and had a great time.  Maybe they didn’t know the extent to which people were injured (and killed) but come on, he knew something.  Asshole.

• Love 1

The FBI opened a criminal investigation today into the event.

One of the people who died that night was a 9-year old who fell from his dad’s shoulders and was trampled. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 1

1A show on AstroWorld tragedy

At least eight people have died and 300 hundred were injured due to crowd surges this weekend at a Houston-based music festival called Astroworld. It’s estimated that 50,000 people attended. It was the third annual festival run and headlined by rapper Travis Scott.

Scott released a video in response to the tragedy saying he plans to cover the funeral costs of those who died. But lawsuits are still piling up against the artist for “negligence and encouragement of violence.”

And it’s not the first time the artist, sometimes called hip hop’s “King of Rage,” has come under fire for fan casualties at his concerts. In 2017, a man named Kyle Green was paralyzed after he jumped off a balcony at a Travis Scott show. His lawyer spoke to Rolling Stone and said Kyle “is even more incensed by the fact that it could have been avoided had Travis learned his lesson in the past.”

So how will this tragedy affect Scott’s image now? And what responsibility does an artist have in crowd control?  

GUESTS

Sidney Madden

Reporter with NPR Music and co-host of the NPR podcast "Louder Than A Riot." 

Sophia Santana

survivor, Astroworld Festival

Steve Allen

Lead safety consultant, CrowdSafety

I just listened to this and it was a really good interview and brought up a lot of valid points. 

The Safety consultant guy made a good point about when the Emergency personal aka local police were to take over in the event that something were to happen vs the private security

Edited by carolinagirl81
  • Love 1
On 11/7/2021 at 12:10 PM, carolinagirl81 said:

The lawsuits will be paid out by the insurance company for the event. Not directly from Travis's pockets. It's why big events/concerts have insurance policys.

The news keeps getting worse.  He will be on the hook.  It doesn't look like there is nearly enough insurance.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/11/09/astroworld-insurance-policies-nrg-travis-scott-liability-lawsuits/?adid=social-twa

Edited by twilightzone
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

the cops found the security guard who was "injected."   His response "what no, I was punched and knocked out."   The cops who PUT THIS OUT AS FACT are now all "Oh wait, bad info, our bad."   Toldja it would be Hillsborough all over again with the cops lying to cover up their own failures.

2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

the cops found the security guard who was "injected."   His response "what no, I was punched and knocked out."   The cops who PUT THIS OUT AS FACT are now all "Oh wait, bad info, our bad."   Toldja it would be Hillsborough all over again with the cops lying to cover up their own failures.

Houston pd said it themselves, it was on the national news tonight. They said that they initially thought that he was injected with something but after they investigated he was just knocked unconscious.

Cops are suspect especially when it comes to high-profile things like this but Travis Scott not the celebrity Hill for them to die on to protect or lie for. 

• Love 2
On 11/8/2021 at 4:17 PM, chocolatine said:

I've been to quite a few heavy metal and grunge concerts in my day, and never saw any of the artists incite violence, either in general or specifically against the security staff (and contrary to popular belief, these music genres are pretty non-violent). The really high caliber artists (e.g. Metallica, RHCP, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters) take security very seriously. And the people in the crowd tend to look out for each other.

Regarding mosh pits, every single one that I've seen has been on a strict opt-in basis. There's usually a circle formed around them so that people don't end up in one if they didn't mean to. Again, there's an unspoken "honor code" that people look out for each other.

To be fair, at a Pearl Jam concert in 2020, nine people died - https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/nine-dead-at-pearl-jam-concert-235167/

Within an hour, the area directly in front of Johansen had turned into a rock & roll hell. Eight young men, ages seventeen to twenty-six, suffocated to death in the mosh pit as Pearl Jam performed. A ninth man died in a hospital five days later. The Roskilde Festival – one of Europe’s most popular summer concert events, held for the past twenty-nine years in the small farming community of Roskilde, twenty-five miles west of Copenhagen – had become the scene of one of the worst concert-related death tolls in rock history, just two short of the tragic stampede at the Who concert at Cincinnati’s Riverfront Coliseum in December 1979.

Another good  article about AstroWorld

Is this about who’s performing and the assumptions they’re making about the fans? Because it seemed like a lot of the fans were really upset, and if someone had said, “We’re going to stop the show,” especially if the artist had said it, they would have listened.

That’s definitely possible. I think the Houston police is going to have to think about that for a long time. I think the way rap crowds get treated is potentially very different. A rap show is often more heavily policed than a rock show. And things about race and class come into that. And the idea that the police didn’t necessarily trust this crowd to leave in an orderly way and so allowed them to keep getting crushed—that’s messed up, and that should be really, really reexamined at this point.

That is a very good point and factual. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, carolinagirl81 said:

Another good  article about AstroWorld

That is a very good point and factual. 

Where is the proof that rap shows get treated differently? If that’s a factual statement, there should be legitimate sources to back up the allegations.

now it’s the local police’s fault instead of the hired security and promoters?  Interesting.

Edited by Cinnabon
16 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Where is the proof that rap shows get treated differently? If that’s a factual statement, there should be legitimate sources to back up the allegations.

now it’s the local police’s fault instead of the hired security and promoters?  Interesting.

As a 40yr old black woman I can tell you rap shows throughout the history of rap have and still do get treated differently.

From where they are allowed to have the concert to when they announce cities/towns local officials putting in curfews and excreta. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, carolinagirl81 said:

As a 40yr old black woman I can tell you rap shows throughout the history of rap have and still do get treated differently.

From where they are allowed to have the concert to when they announce cities/towns local officials putting in curfews and excreta. 

You should hear about how local police treated punk bands and their fans punk rock in 70s and 80s, lol. I imagine corporate loving Travis Scott got handed the key to the city of Houston. 

“It ain’t a mosh pit if ain’t no injuries.”
Who do you all think write this? Weird how I spent 30 years at live shows and have been in many mosh pits and no one got hurt (minus some bruises) or died. Also, a mosh pit at a rap show? Or it is hip hop? 🤣

• Love 1

From a former member of Scott’s security team. I am disgusted and sad for his daughter, having 2 deplorable parents (as do all of the Kartrashian/Jenner kids 😥. Rob’s daughter seems the most well-off, surprisingly.)

3C8D3851-1766-430A-B9AE-876C529AD30A.jpeg

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 2

Wow, I had no idea Travis was such a horrible asshole. From what we saw, he seems like a good father, & somehow in my mind that translated into him being a good person. Clearly, I was very, very wrong.

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, GaT said:

Wow, I had no idea Travis was such a horrible asshole. From what we saw, he seems like a good father, & somehow in my mind that translated into him being a good person. Clearly, I was very, very wrong.

Right. There are good, dare I say excellent parents but shitty people out there.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GaT said:

Seriously, I didn’t really know anything at all about him before this incident ( other than that he chose to procreate with Kylie, which is already a mark against him), but I’ve been researching him since the festival and am truly appalled at what a deplorable, selfish, money grubbing  asshole he is. Spitting on fans, his atrocious language, misogyny, homophobia, and constantly encouraging violence - no one like this can be considered a “good father,” IMO. He almost makes Kanye, Scott, and the others look good! Remember, on SM, Kylie only posts things that make him look good, but the reality is much different. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, GaT said:

Right. There are good, dare I say excellent parents but shitty people out there.

Same.  I knew exactly zero about Travis Scott before this.  But seeing him with little Stormi he always seemed attentive and he seemed to have a heart for Houston with giving back and all.  I got the impression he was a good guy.  All of these stories coming out are fucking horrible.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Same.  I knew exactly zero about Travis Scott before this.  But seeing him with little Stormi he always seemed attentive and he seemed to have a heart for Houston with giving back and all.  I got the impression he was a good guy.  All of these stories coming out are fucking horrible.

His “giving back” is a tactic used by many corporations and powerful people over the years to try and divert attention from their scandals and wrongdoings. So when they do something questionable, people say “oh, but they’ve done so much for us.” And local law enforcement  is more likely to let potential transgressions go. People with power and money get away with a lot. And all of their “philanthropic” gifts are simply tax write offs for them anyway.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

And all of their “philanthropic” gifts are simply tax write offs for them anyway.

I mean generally I don’t really care what a persons motivations are for doing a good thing, as long as the good thing gets done and people do benefit. But you’re right it can give the wrong perception of a person.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Miss February said:

As if there wasn't already so much to dislike about the Kardashians/Jenners. Their boyfriends are awful people, too. Makes sense, but still.

Anyone who wants to procreate and have relationships with these deplorable, shallow, narcissistic people have something wrong with them to begin with, I agree.  I wonder what Kylie thinks of the homophobic, misogynistic things Travis has said. If she even thinks at all.

• Love 7

Kylie is an idiot and doesn’t think at all lol. She just wants her kids to be cute and have the same dad and for the dad to be rich and seem cool. I’m not saying Travis is cool I don’t really have an opinion on him but his music is very popular.

I always laugh when ppl think any of these morons are such good parents. Like how would we know. From their picture perfect ig posts? Lol they more then likely come in for photo ops and nanny’s do the majority of the work with the kids.

I do think Drake deserves more flak tho. I guess he is being sued too but he’s another sketchy jerk who only cares about money. Off topic tho lol.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Marley said:

Kylie is an idiot and doesn’t think at all lol. She just wants her kids to be cute and have the same dad and for the dad to be rich and seem cool. I’m not saying Travis is cool I don’t really have an opinion on him but his music is very popular.

I always laugh when ppl think any of these morons are such good parents. Like how would we know. From their picture perfect ig posts? Lol they more then likely come in for photo ops and nanny’s do the majority of the work with the kids.

I do think Drake deserves more flak tho. I guess he is being sued too but he’s another sketchy jerk who only cares about money. Off topic tho lol.

I don’t know why she needs a rich guy. She is wealthy enough already.

• Love 2

She is but she doesn’t wanna be with some regular guy she wants flashy stuff. Her whole life and body is plastic and fake and all she probably cares about is the material things. She’s not going to be happy with some guy doing a regular job lol.

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I don’t know why she needs a rich guy. She is wealthy enough already.

She and her family are obsessed with status and she does not want to look like she is dating “down”.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, qtpye said:

She and her family are obsessed with status and she does not want to look like she is dating “down”.

If that's the best she can do, wow. I would think she'd avoid marrying him now because he's going to be buried in law suits, but who knows. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

If that's the best she can do, wow. I would think she'd avoid marrying him now because he's going to be buried in law suits, but who knows. 

IMO she isn't gonna marry Travis, she likely never had that thought.

She has the bigger bank account out of the two of them and after she has this baby she will separate from him again because right now he's not good for her to be associated with.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Yes, she does not attract a high quality of man.

People told me that Travis is very talented but that the publicity from being her baby daddy probably gave him a leg up.

From now on that is all she will attract, men who want to use her for her wealth, fame, and connections.

Most men who are on her level do not want anything to do with her because she is a bit of a vapid moron….even more so than her sisters.

My heart breaks for all the young people who lost their lives at that concert. Another girl, Bharti, was pronounced dead this week.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

People told me that Travis is very talented but that the publicity from being her baby daddy probably gave him a leg up.

From now on that is all she will attract, men who want to use her for her wealth, fame, and connections.

You can't buy brains, class, morals, common sense, intelligence, respect, dignity, intuition, & a sense of shame with Kylie's wealth. Which she didn't earn that wealth on her own in the first place.

What is Kylie famous for other than being associated & related with that ratchet family? Fame & Kylie do not ever go together. 

And what connections does Kylie have that is even remotely useful or positive? I don't find her "connections" to bottom of the barrel, lowest common denominator, bedbugs-inducing, Maury Povich-level type of nonsense & drama remotely useful. 

1 hour ago, qtpye said:

Most men who are on her level do not want anything to do with her because she is a bit of a vapid moron….even more so than her sisters.

All of them are vapid stupid morons. Sadly, their kids (that they're not taking care of) are heading in that direction. Mason, Reign, & North West is just about there. I don't have very much hope for poor Stormi & her future sibling.

Edited by Magog
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Magog said:

You can't buy brains, class, morals, common sense, intelligence, respect, dignity, intuition, & a sense of shame with Kylie's wealth. Which she didn't earn that wealth on her own in the first place.

preach christina aguilera GIF

• Love 5
5 hours ago, qtpye said:

This! 

Yes, Travis is a IMO mediocre rapper, I don't know who 90% of these new rappers are. 

But him being Kylie Jenner's baby daddy is definitely a boost to his career.  People who did not know who he was before now know him (I'm talking prior to the AstroWorld tragedy) they knew him as Kylie's boyfriend and googled him.

But now if she wants to keep the "Kylie brand" bringing in the money then baby daddy is gonna have to go bye bye or at the least lay low until everything settles.

Edited by carolinagirl81
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, carolinagirl81 said:

This! 

Yes, Travis is a IMO mediocre rapper, I don't know who 90% of these new rappers are. 

But him being Kylie Jenner's baby daddy is definitely a boost to his career.  People who did not know who he was before now know him (I'm talking prior to the AstroWorld tragedy) they knew him as Kylie's boyfriend and googled who him. 

But now if she wants to keep the "Kylie brand" bringing in the money then baby daddy is gonna have to go bye bye or at the least lay low until everything settles.

Yup, I imagine Pimp Mama Kris (let's face it, she is the real and only brains in this family) had a plan that Kylie would have a couple of pretty babies with Travis while she would quietly hook him up with a phenomenal career.

Then when Travis would reach Kanye status (though it is doubtful that would happen), there would be a giant wedding extravaganza, where Stormi could be a flower girl. It would be another Kardashian/Jenner mega event.

The Astroworld tragedy is probably going to put a halt to those plans.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Yup, I imagine Pimp Mama Kris (let's face it, she is the real and only brains in this family) had a plan that Kylie would have a couple of pretty babies with Travis while she would quietly hook him up with a phenomenal career.

Then when Travis would reach Kanye status (though it is doubtful that would happen), there would be a giant wedding extravaganza, where Stormi could be a flower girl. It would be another Kardashian/Jenner mega event.

The Astroworld tragedy is probably going to put a halt to those plans.

Oh that was definitely PimpMomma's long game for Kylie and Travis.

Look at this young rich "power couple" Kylie with her "billion dollar" businesses and her successful rapper boyfriend/baby daddy they are Generation Z goals!

But PimpMomma has multiple plans in her back pocket. I'm sure she + Travis's team are working on the redemption arc as soon as it's socially appropriate.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, qtpye said:

This could be the family motto

People also say Kanye is very talented, people are very often wrong.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

I'm sorry but HOW does being with Kylie bring him status?   He was doing Astroworld BEFORE he hooked up with her.   You don't put on a mega event if you are a nobody.   He not be Kanye levels but I bet he was well enough known and had plenty of money.   

KYLIE was using him to promote HER status.   Face it, as the baby wanna be Kardashian (really a Jenner) she has NOTHING to promote on her own.   Her sisters had done it all first.   There was nothing new for her.   So she was just kinda ... there .. benefitting from her sisters' fame, but nothing of her own.   Hooking up with Travis gave HER a leg up.   And even that is not original.   Kimmie hooked up with her rapper first (I believe that was Ray J).   

Momma Kris is not that hot of a manager either.   She has no clue how to protect a brand.   She just sees $$$$$$.   How many times have them been sued for promoting some scammy product?   GOOD managers don't just find work for their clients, they find GOOD work for their clients.   There's a reason she doesn't have people banging down her door to represent them.  

Face it, men are using these women for one thing and one thing only.   You would think they would at least use protection.   Or you know hire professionals rather than get involved with this family.

• Love 7