Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

AstroWorld Presser

5 hours ago, GaT said:

It's really scary that someone was randomly sticking people with a needle. That's something that really isn't any way to plan for, or prevent. Some crazy decides to attack random people & 8 people die.

14 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

That's the Houston PD line.   No one AT the concert has said they saw that.   

Travis Scott knew what was happening because people CLIMBED up to the stage to beg him to stop the concert "people are dying."   HPD told Live Nation to shut it down.   They said they would.   Travis Scott not only kept going, he brought Drake out to do his set.   

It reminded me of the Who Concert in 1979.   But this actually going to turn out to be like the Hillsborough Disaster with the lying and cover ups by police.

No someone did get stuck/injected with something. It was a security guard. 

While Finner joined others in cautioning the public from speculation, he did confirm reports that someone may have been injected with a needle during the melee.

"We do have a security guard, according to the medical staff that was out and treated him last night, that he was reaching over to restrain or grab a citizen, and he felt a prick on his neck," Finner said.

The security guard lost consciousness and was treated with Narcan, a drug used to combat the effects of opioid overdoses, according to Finner, who added that investigators were still trying to locate the security officer involved.

Idk why the link posted at the top.  Anyway it's the full article from the a local Houston news station where I took the qoute from.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

The horror at AstroWorld is so sad - many places have done away with festival seating to avoid crushes like this.

Travis has been kind and generous toward Houston, but will have to rethink the format of his events there, and everywhere. I believe that both Travis and Kylie are hurting over this.

https://www.insider.com/astroworld-kylie-jenner-says-they-werent-aware-fatalities-during-show-2021-11

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Travis Scott knew what was happening because people CLIMBED up to the stage to beg him to stop the concert "people are dying."   HPD told Live Nation to shut it down.   They said they would.   Travis Scott not only kept going, he brought Drake out to do his set.   

It reminded me of the Who Concert in 1979.   But this actually going to turn out to be like the Hillsborough Disaster with the lying and cover ups by police.

Wow, Travis just proved himself to be a POS there. No surprise to me.

• Love 4

Deplorable.

For 37 minutes after Houston police and firefighters responded to a “mass casualty” event at a packed Astroworld rap concert where attendees were crushed against the stage Friday evening, Travis Scott continued performing.

Police officials said the promoter, Live Nation, agreed to cut the show shortly after multiple people collapsed at 9:38 p.m. But concert attendees said Scott appeared to play his whole set and finished at 10:15 p.m. Concert staff ignored pleas from fans to halt the show, including some who climbed onto camera platforms to point out others who had collapsed and needed medical attention.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/For-37-minutes-after-officials-declared-a-mass-16598473.php

• Love 2

There's a lot of you said she said going on with this tragedy because Travis is alleging that he was never told what was happening so he was oblivious and continued on with his show.

And I can see Live Nation the business the company complying with police saying okay yeah we'll shut it down but not really having any intention of doing so.

I'm not going to feed into the speculation machine that I keep seeing on social media right now on what happened what didn't happen because a lot of people now I see on social media are coming out speaking about Travis's character and I'm like that I don't got nothing to do with this tragedy. 

Edited by carolinagirl81
4 hours ago, nexxie said:

Yeah - they are hurting - over the Bad Publicity - and the Wrongful Deaths Lawsuits that will be hitting them.  I can't with her scripted "thoughts and prayers, condolences comment".   At the same time, trying to cover herself and her baby daddy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

Yeah - they are hurting - over the Bad Publicity - and the Wrongful Deaths Lawsuits that will be hitting them.  I can't with her scripted "thoughts and prayers, condolences comment".   At the same time, trying to cover herself and her baby daddy.

Yes, the useless and insincere “thoughts and prayers.” Is she suddenly religious?

• Love 3

I didn’t know much about Travis Scott so I did some research, and he doesn’t seem to be a great person from what I read. Having a song called “That Bitch Crazy” tells me all I need to know about his character.

• Love 5

Apparently there were also problems in 2019, and this is the way he reacted. Again, deplorable.

On Nov. 9, 2019, three people were transported to a local hospital with minor leg injuries after they were trampled at the rapper's show.

At the time, Scott shared a video of chaos on his Instagram. The clip showed fans toppling barriers before barrelling down the street en masse.

"DA YOUTH DEM CONTROL THE FREQUENCY. EVERYONE HAVE FUN," he captioned. the post. "RAGERS SET TONE WHEN I COME OUT TONIGHT. BE SAFE RAGE HARD. AHHHHHHHHHHH."

https://apple.news/Af4bF6RFhRYm9XjNQcP3Pnw

Edited by Cinnabon
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

Yes, the useless and insincere “thoughts and prayers.” Is she suddenly religious?

I mean that's PR 101 release a basic my thoughts and prayers are with the victims of XYZ tragedy. 

We've all heard it from presidents to you favorite YouTube "star."

36 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I didn’t know much about Travis Scott so I did some research, and he doesn’t seem to be a great person from what I read. Having a song called “That Bitch Crazy” tells me all I need to know about his character.

Lol you must not listen to a lot of Rap or hip hop music then. 

1 hour ago, twilightzone said:

The lawsuits will be paid out by the insurance company for the event. Not directly from Travis's pockets. It's why big events/concerts have insurance policys.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, carolinagirl81 said:

I mean that's PR 101 release a basic my thoughts and prayers are with the victims of XYZ tragedy. 

We've all heard it from presidents to you favorite YouTube "star."

Lol you must not listen to a lot of Rap or hip hop music then. 

The lawsuits will be paid out by the insurance company for the event. Not directly from Travis's pockets. It's why big events/concerts have insurance policys.

That's the problem.  She gave a PR 101 response - and it came off scripted and lacked sincerity.  She seem more interested in defending herself and her baby daddy.

It's not going to help him if the criminal investigation finds that there was negligence on his part.  He could end up going to jail.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
48 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

That's the problem.  She gave a PR 101 response - and it came off scripted and lacked sincerity.  She seem more interested in defending herself and her baby daddy.

It's not going to help him if the criminal investigation finds that there was negligence on his part.  He could end up going to jail.

It won't be jail time but heafty payouts from likely the insurance companies and live nation. 

Yes it's his event but he had a WHOLE team + Live Nation who put on the concert as the do many events.

This reminds me of a country artist who had lighting strike during an outdoor concert and someone got injured if memory serves me.

Edited by carolinagirl81
27 minutes ago, carolinagirl81 said:

It won't be jail time but heafty payouts from likely the insurance companies and live nation. 

Yes it's his event but he had a WHOLE team + Live Nation who put on the concert as the do many events.

This reminds me of a country artist who had lighting strike during an outdoor concert and someone got injured if memory serves me.

Huh?  This tragedy is hardly comparable to a lighting storm.  8 people died here and countless were injured due a violent crowd.

This should be about the victims and their loved ones - rather than make excuses for a couple of over indulgent rich kids.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Completely different situation. He should have stopped when he saw ambulances in the crowd, or when the crowd started chanting to “stop the show,” or when someone climbed up to the stage to try and save people.

46 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

Huh?  This tragedy is hardly comparable to a lighting storm.  8 people died here and countless were injured due a violent crowd.

This should be about the victims and their loved ones - rather than make excuses for a couple of over indulgent rich kids.

The more I find out about this twat the more I am disgusted by him. Just my opinion .

• Love 10

Wow - not only was there an incident in 2019, but also this one in 2017 (from People mag):

Scott — who was arrested in 2017 for allegedly inciting a riot during a concert in Arkansas and later pled guilty to disorderly conduct — faced accusations from festival goers on Saturday who claimed he continued to perform even after seeing distraught and injured fans in the audience.

• Love 4

More from People mag - I see a pattern of behavior, don’t you? The lawsuits have already begun. Literally hundreds were injured.

“In 2017, Scott, always known for wild shows, went further than usual, encouraging a fan to jump from a second-floor balcony at Terminal 5 — and during the same performance, another fan, Kyle Green, 27, was pushed off the third-floor balcony, ending up paralyzed. “I see you, but are you gonna do it?” Scott said to the fan on the second floor.”

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

Yes I am aware of  how many people died and hundreds more were injured and will be forever affected from what should have been a fun night out. 

I'm thinking with my common sense side. If the investigation finds Travis himself liable then absolutely he should have answer to his crime. 

But it is highly unlikely that he will see the inside of a jail cell.

• Love 2

Last one - I need to stop researching this as it just keeps getting worse! What a fucking awful human being.

“Even before that, Scott repeatedly urged concert crowds to overwhelm security and join him onstage. “There are more of you than them,” he told the crowd at 2015’s Summer Jam concert in East Rutherford, N.J. That same summer, Chicago police arrested him after he urged fans to climb over barricades to go onstage at Lollapalooza.”

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

“Even before that, Scott repeatedly urged concert crowds to overwhelm security and join him onstage. “There are more of you than them,” he told the crowd at 2015’s Summer Jam concert in East Rutherford, N.J. That same summer, Chicago police arrested him after he urged fans to climb over barricades to go onstage at Lollapalooza.”

So reckless. Did nobody from his "team" - tour managers, lawyers, etc. - ever sit him down and explain how quickly people can get hurt at a concert if the crowd gets out of hand? Now he'll have to live the rest of his life knowing that he's at least partially responsible for the death of eight people. 

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, chocolatine said:

So reckless. Did nobody from his "team" - tour managers, lawyers, etc. - ever sit him down and explain how quickly people can get hurt at a concert if the crowd gets out of hand? Now he'll have to live the rest of his life knowing that he's at least partially responsible for the death of eight people. 

Here’s what he said in 2015:

“Everyone in a green shirt get the f— back,” Scott said, referencing the festival’s security staff. “Middle finger up to security right now.” He then led the crowd in a chant of “We want rage.” (Scott often refers to his fans as "ragers.")

• Useful 3
27 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Here’s what he said in 2015:

“Everyone in a green shirt get the f— back,” Scott said, referencing the festival’s security staff. “Middle finger up to security right now.” He then led the crowd in a chant of “We want rage.” (Scott often refers to his fans as "ragers.")

What a way to treat the people who help him play his shows.

• Love 5

Serious question and I'm done talking about this tragedy.

What makes Travis Scott so "evil" after reading about the other instances he's called for his audience to "rage" compared to other heavy metal/grunge artists who did the same at their concerts in the 90s/2000s?

Mosh Pits were a thing. 

• Love 2

What makes Travis Scott so "evil" after reading about the other instances he's called for his audience to "rage" compared to other heavy metal/grunge artists who did the same at their concerts in the 90s/2000s?

Mosh Pits were a thing. 

I don’t do deflections and whataboutisms 🤷‍♀️

• Love 13
19 hours ago, twilightzone said:

Travis does a lot for Houston - just opened a nature area at a school there last week - I don’t doubt that he is and will always be tormented by this. Hopefully, the investigation will tell some of the story, but good luck getting the state to take responsibility for its festival seating policy.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

Travis does a lot for Houston - just opened a nature area at a school there last week - I don’t doubt that he is and will always be tormented by this. Hopefully, the investigation will tell some of the story, but good luck getting the state to take responsibility for its festival seating policy.

So what if he does a lot for Houston - that doesn't exonerate him and he still needs to take responsibility for what happened.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, carolinagirl81 said:

Mosh Pits were a thing. 

TBH Mosh pits and crowd surfing or whatever you call it those are dangerous too and they should of never let that happen at concerts either.

46 minutes ago, Nicmar said:

TBH Mosh pits and crowd surfing or whatever you call it those are dangerous too and they should of never let that happen at concerts either.

I was in many a mosh pit in my day and no one ever died. When I fell, people reached down to help me up. That happens in good crowds, and when bands don’t encourage violence or breaking through security barriers.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 11/6/2021 at 11:35 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

It sounds like what used to be called festival seating. ( A ticket allows you into a large area and whoever gets to the front gets to the front.  It can cause uncontrolled crowd behavior!)  It has a history of deaths, which is why most places stopped allowing it years ago.  Anyone know if that is what they had?

Yes it has been reported that it was festival seating, I thought that was outlawed.  It is probably more profitable to have no seating and let that many people in.  

On 11/7/2021 at 7:43 AM, merylinkid said:

Yeah he did not care at all that there were people being crushed.  He has been known to stoke the crowd, and as @Cinnabon pointed out, he has been arrested for this more than once.  What a piece of SHIT.

The headline from DailyMail (I believe they just post what Kris sends to them):

Kylie Jenner's daughter Stormi gets the superstar treatment — and her own TRAILER — at dad Travis Scott's Astroworld festival... before multiple fan injuries are reported

Seriously????  Make sure to get that brag in before the end note that there were "injuries"

• Love 1
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

Yes it has been reported that it was festival seating, I thought that was outlawed.  It is probably more profitable to have no seating and let that many people in.  

Yeah he did not care at all that there were people being crushed.  He has been known to stoke the crowd, and as @Cinnabon pointed out, he has been arrested for this more than once.  What a piece of SHIT.

The headline from DailyMail (I believe they just post what Kris sends to them):

Kylie Jenner's daughter Stormi gets the superstar treatment — and her own TRAILER — at dad Travis Scott's Astroworld festival... before multiple fan injuries are reported

Seriously????  Make sure to get that brag in before the end note that there were "injuries"

Not sure why they are bragging about bringing a toddler into this mess. FFS

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, carolinagirl81 said:

Astrowrold

Everyone got a refund of their tickets plus

Travis is covering the Funeral costs

_121481018_astroworld_festival_crush_v2_2x640-nc-002.png

He is trying to "PR" himself out of this mess.  Is he technically responsible?  I don't know.  Does he have a history of getting the crowd to behave aggressively and disregard the security guards?  Yes. 

I don't think he intentionally tried to get people killed but he has to be completely stupid to think that inciting the crowd wouldn't have consequences.  Also, continuing to sing after seeing an ambulance in the crowd makes me think he is not very intelligent at all.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 11/6/2021 at 8:06 AM, carolinagirl81 said:

I saw this last night as it happened. So sad. I swear people are acting like they ain't have no home training and it's their first time being out the house.

This is so true.  Between everything that has happened in the past couple of years it’s like people have forgotten how to participate in the world.  No civility, no decency.  People are so much meaner, angrier, judgemental.  In this case it was deadly.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, twilightzone said:

So what if he does a lot for Houston - that doesn't exonerate him and he still needs to take responsibility for what happened.

My point was that Travis likely does feel horrible about this, as opposed to not giving a shit, as you suggested. He actually does care about the people of Houston. Liability will be up to investigators and the legal system.

Like most stage artists, Travis wears earbuds and looks into hundreds of lights - not to mention focusing on the performance itself. It’s not surprising that he couldn’t tell what was going on. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

He is trying to "PR" himself out of this mess.  Is he technically responsible?  I don't know.  Does he have a history of getting the crowd to behave aggressively and disregard the security guards?  Yes. 

I don't think he intentionally tried to get people killed but he has to be completely stupid to think that inciting the crowd wouldn't have consequences.  Also, continuing to sing after seeing an ambulance in the crowd makes me think he is not very intelligent at all.

A LONG history - 2015, 2017, 2019, 2021

17 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Clearly, based on what I’ve heard him said and read, he is not particularly intelligent. And he chose Kylie to reproduce with - that should say it all.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I can’t look at the video footage. The photos were even difficult.  What also amazes me is that people paid money to see Travis perform.  I don’t get it.  

IKR? Homophobic, misogynistic POS that relies on auto tune and samples and encourages violence. What a winner.

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, nexxie said:

My point was that Travis likely does feel horrible about this, as opposed to not giving a shit, as you suggested. He actually does care about the people of Houston. Liability will be up to investigators and the legal system.

Like most stage artists, Travis wears earbuds and looks into hundreds of lights - not to mention focusing on the performance itself. It’s not surprising that he couldn’t tell what was going on. 

A few times he stopped singing, mentioning that he knew something was wrong, but then he kept singing.. that is very strange.

• Love 3

https://apple.news/AFNQIp9nLQSy-pxadP4enng
A resurfaced 2015 video has gone viral on Twitter and Reddit showing Scott stopping a performance, allegedly because he saw a fan try to steal his shoe while surfing in the crowd. 

In the clip, Scott is shown jumping in the crowd shortly after returning to the stage pointing at a fan. The music stops and he says "come here b----," on the microphone, and appears to attempt to attack the man.

The footage, which was reportedly taken at the Openair Festival in Switzerland according to the Daily Star, shows Scott at one point spitting at the man and throwing something at him.

"You tried to take my shoe. You want to be a thief?" he said in the video. He then instructed the crowd to beat him up before asking security to remove the man from the venue.

13 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

https://apple.news/AFNQIp9nLQSy-pxadP4enng
A resurfaced 2015 video has gone viral on Twitter and Reddit showing Scott stopping a performance, allegedly because he saw a fan try to steal his shoe while surfing in the crowd. 

In the clip, Scott is shown jumping in the crowd shortly after returning to the stage pointing at a fan. The music stops and he says "come here b----," on the microphone, and appears to attempt to attack the man.

The footage, which was reportedly taken at the Openair Festival in Switzerland according to the Daily Star, shows Scott at one point spitting at the man and throwing something at him.

"You tried to take my shoe. You want to be a thief?" he said in the video. He then instructed the crowd to beat him up before asking security to remove the man from the venue.

But yeah he had no clue what was going on in the crowd with an ambulance with lights flashing.   He had no ability to stop the performance or call on security.   Suuuuuuuuure.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

A few times he stopped singing, mentioning that he knew something was wrong, but then he kept singing.. that is very strange.

Likely Travis knew something had happened, just not what - possibly he was told things were under control and he should finish his job.

It’s not the kind of event I’d attend, or music I’d choose - but I lived in Houston for a few years and Travis was always doing something for the community. He is a caring person.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Likely Travis knew something had happened, just not what - possibly he was told things were under control and he should finish his job.

It’s not the kind of event I’d attend, or music I’d choose - but I lived in Houston for a few years and Travis was always doing something for the community. He is a caring person.

Who also spits on fans, screams homophobic slurs, and encourages violence 🤷‍♀️

• Love 8

long time lurker, don't comment often. but reading through all the speculation I have one more thought to add with everyone! 

theres also a high possibility he was on something while performing, even if people are talking to him, if he's under influence it won't register what is happened in the brain the same way if sober, and if he is hallucinating on stuff, the lights and the crowds would mess with all that and who knows how he's interpreting it. I just wanted to add that into all the things that went wrong 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, carolinagirl81 said:

Mosh Pits were a thing. 

I've been to quite a few heavy metal and grunge concerts in my day, and never saw any of the artists incite violence, either in general or specifically against the security staff (and contrary to popular belief, these music genres are pretty non-violent). The really high caliber artists (e.g. Metallica, RHCP, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters) take security very seriously. And the people in the crowd tend to look out for each other.

Regarding mosh pits, every single one that I've seen has been on a strict opt-in basis. There's usually a circle formed around them so that people don't end up in one if they didn't mean to. Again, there's an unspoken "honor code" that people look out for each other.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
13 minutes ago, JuicyMango55 said:

long time lurker, don't comment often. but reading through all the speculation I have one more thought to add with everyone! 

theres also a high possibility he was on something while performing, even if people are talking to him, if he's under influence it won't register what is happened in the brain the same way if sober, and if he is hallucinating on stuff, the lights and the crowds would mess with all that and who knows how he's interpreting it. I just wanted to add that into all the things that went wrong 

Thats a highly likely situation. 

3 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

I've been to quite a few heavy metal and grunge concerts in my day, and never saw any of the artists incite violence, either in general or specifically against the security staff (and contrary to popular belief, these music genres are pretty non-violent). The really high caliber artists (e.g. Metallica, RHCP, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters) take security very seriously. And the people in the crowd tend to look out for each other.

Regarding mosh pits, every single one that I've seen has been on a strict opt-in basis. There's usually a circle formed around them so that people don't end up in one if they didn't mean to. Again, there's an unspoken "honor code" that people look out for each other.

Yeah those concerts + artists are what I like to call top shelf.

I can recall some insane clown posse concerts getting outta hand years ago.

• Love 1

I am assuming Kylie and Stormi were in some VIP area. Does anyone know if they were whisked out of there as soon as everything started getting crazy? I thought I read somewhere that Kylie said they did not realize what was happening, but I would think that if security rushed them out of there most people would think that something bad is happening. 

• Love 3