Type keyword(s) to search

Ghosts of Housewives Past: Jill Zarin, Alex, and the Rest

• Start Topic

On 3/8/2020 at 12:25 AM, biakbiak said:

The website confirmed who they wrote the blind item about. I am not suggesting it’s true because CDAN is full of bullshit but they wrote it about Bethenny.

It wouldn't surprise me if this one was true. Bethenny is selling off her real estate without making any profit. She has lost her "astronomical" Bravo paycheque. She is $pending money on producing her new show. She must have other people investing (although based on her previous production history with Bethenny and Fredrik I don't see people throwing their money at her) but her own costs must be something significant. She is just coming out with her new Skinnygirl spring line on HSN. More $$$. 

For sure if she tanks she can't expect to be offered the huge Bravo Bucks that she was used to.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Yeah, but I don't see that as something Bethenny would spread, even if it got people talking.

Agree - if it were any other HW from any other franchise - I see them invoking her name just to get press. Just the other day, there were 3 articles all with similar headlines "RHOC Vicki Gunvalson explains why she left and what advice Bethenny Frankel gave her" It's like printing Bethenny Frankel is every online tabloids click-bait

Bethenny signed a deal with Mark Burnett and MGM last year to develop unscripted shows and executive produce them.

One show pitched was procured and green lighted by HBO Max. HBO Max is a new streaming service - similar to what many networks are doing such as CBS All Access and NBC Peacock. HBO Max launches in May 2020. I don't know if Bethenny's show has even begun filming yet. It's called The Big Shot - where candidates compete to work for/with Bethenny on the SkinnyGirl brand.

Just a side giggle....I was scrolling through the HBO Max site. It's relatively new and since it hasn't launched yet - not much to see. I was looking to see if "The Big Shot" was listed which it isn't.

Anyhoo, way down at the bottom for HBO Originals there is a show called RAISED BY WOLVES...Bwahahahahahaha

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Thank you (and you too @DeeplyShallow)  I guess I am going to have to read the article again, I missed that.

I had to re-read the article too cause I thought they were talking about Tinsley Hah!

What I read is that Jules took a baseball bat out of her car, licked Michaels car windshield and starting swinging the bat on his car. she also punched him.

Allegedly Michael caught most of this with his phone video camera. He showed this to the judge during the emergency hearing and then asked that they take a lock of her "real" hair to drug test it. I know he's asked for this in the past because he has stated that on previous rehab stints for Jules - she was not in there for her eating disorder but for substance abuse.

giphy.gif

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I had to re-read the article too cause I thought they were talking about Tinsley Hah!

What I read is that Jules took a baseball bat out of her car, licked Michaels car windshield and starting swinging the bat on his car. she also punched him.

Allegedly Michael caught most of this with his phone video camera. He showed this to the judge during the emergency hearing and then asked that they take a lock of her "real" hair to drug test it. I know he's asked for this in the past because he has stated that on previous rehab stints for Jules - she was not in there for her eating disorder but for substance abuse.

giphy.gif

Jesus Mary and Joseph!  She needs to get help.  Her poor little kids having to see all of this.

• Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Jesus Mary and Joseph!  She needs to get help.  Her poor little kids having to see all of this.

Exactly - the kids witnessed all of this and he wants sole custody.

I wonder which car the kids were in when she started swinging that bat. It's incredibly sad for them

I do know the kids are in his custody and the judge granted him a restraining order against Jules

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 4

Granted, as an adoptee I'm a bit triggered by Jill's secret-keeping, but this breakdown has some plot twists. Ally's former stepmother sounds horrible, but it sounds like Jill never had any intention to tell Ally - she never told her own parents. Also, this:

Jill alleged she then hired an attorney, who contacted the stepmom, and they worked out an agreement for Steven and Jill to tell Ally when she graduated from college.

The crap that attorneys work out between families - I'd lose my damn mind.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 3/27/2020 at 1:52 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

That’s a very unpleasant way for Ally to find out. But she is handling it well.

I’ve always like Ally. We didn’t get much of her on the show, but I got a good vibe from her. Plus I’ve always thought she was gorgeous. And she’s only gotten prettier. Too bad about her stepmom. I can’t image doing something like that.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

I’ve always like Ally. We didn’t get much of her on the show, but I got a good vibe from her. Plus I’ve always thought she was gorgeous. And she’s only gotten prettier. Too bad about her stepmom. I can’t image doing something like that.

I agree! She was always so grounded, sweet, sensible, friendly. So gorgeous!! Even more gorgeous now. She should be a role model to the other housewives daughters.

• Love 5
(edited)
21 hours ago, Mrs Huffnagle said:

Bravo is rerunning Season 3 during the day on 4/20.  Scary Island, anyone?

All-day stoner watch party? Pass the gummies!

I mean, um, a day dedicated to getting housework done....slowly?

Im in.

Edited by OldButHappy
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
On 4/6/2021 at 2:21 PM, Mrs Huffnagle said:

Bravo is rerunning Season 3 during the day on 4/20.  Scary Island, anyone?

(Did they pick that date on purpose?)

My birthday is 4/21.  

I'm going to assume Andy is blessing me with an early birthday present.  ❤️ 

• Love 7

Season Three of Real Housewives of New York ! Woo Hoo !

My all time favorite season out of all RH franchises.

Scary Island - the 3 episodes. The best. 

I am still convinced that Kelly Bensimon is on the  spectrum. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Bossa Nova said:

Season Three of Real Housewives of New York ! Woo Hoo !

My all time favorite season out of all RH franchises.

Scary Island - the 3 episodes. The best. 

I am still convinced that Kelly Bensimon is on the  spectrum. 

I loved this season, too!

Apparently looking at my DVR, Bravo showed the entire season, so I'm saving them to binge watch this weekend.  

I hope the new season premiering in a couple of weeks is better than the last couple of seasons.  This was always my favorite franchise until a couple of seasons ago when I started preferring the Potomac franchise.  

I'm keeping my fingers crossed the new season delivers, although I know they will never recapture the "magic" of the first few seasons.  

• Love 6

So gorgeous!! Even more gorgeous now. She should be a role model to the other housewives daughters.

Is that you, Susan Sanders? I haven't seen pictures of her recently, but she always seemed very short and pudgy.  Reminded me of Vicki's daughter:  ok, but nothing special. 

LuAnn's children are model attractive. 

Again, I haven't seen Ally in a while.  The other really attractive kid  is Noelle on Atlanta and Danielle's daughters on Jersey. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

Is that you, Susan Sanders? I haven't seen pictures of her recently, but she always seemed very short and pudgy.  Reminded me of Vicki's daughter:  ok, but nothing special. 

LuAnn's children are model attractive. 

Again, I haven't seen Ally in a while.  The other really attractive kid  is Noelle on Atlanta and Danielle's daughters on Jersey. 

OMG, "Susan Sanders".

I remember that. Its when Jill posted a "glowing" review of her own book on Amazon (the book she wrote way back about her mother's wisdom), and used the pseudonym SS.

That Jill really was....is... still a piece of work. 

Good recall.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
On 4/21/2021 at 4:58 AM, film noire said:

I'm the 22nd!

Happy Birthday, fellow Taureans!

taurus.jpg

Happy B-day to all. I'm Cancer and we like Tauruses  :)

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 4

Caught a blip of KKB with Fredrik during the Million Dollar Listing New York trailer last night. Hoping their relationship is a lot more harmonious than the real estate Dumpster fire that was Bethenny. The context is different but business relationships are still relationships. I feel like real estate is a good match for KKB. I think she has good taste and she seems to know the upscale market. She’s not a Serhant or Elklund but I bet she’s got a knack for it. High kicks for everyone!

AF9168B1-4501-4C7F-9E76-484D2137B023.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Caught a blip of KKB with Fredrik during the Million Dollar Listing New York trailer last night. Hoping their relationship is a lot more harmonious than the real estate Dumpster fire that was Bethenny. The context is different but business relationships are still relationships. I feel like real estate is a good match for KKB. I think she has good taste and she seems to know the upscale market. She’s not a Serhant or Elklund but I bet she’s got a knack for it. High kicks for everyone!

AF9168B1-4501-4C7F-9E76-484D2137B023.jpeg

I read somewhere that Kelly is doing really well with real estate. She got the last laugh, I feel.

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I think one of the issues Kelly had was she couldn't do 'scripted reality'.  She wasn't a good fit for the franchise.

I agree with that. Kelly’s kind of whacky and a little out there but at the end of the day I always thought she was a decent person. She just wasn’t very good at standing up for herself effectively or calling people out on their BS in a meaningful way.

Bethenny is one of those people who frames a narrative of herself and then puts it on blast until it is accepted as fact. Challenge that narrative and you get taken down. A preliminary example of this is when she started spouting about coming from a place of yes or no during the charity meeting. She must have been writing her book on her Blackberry at that time. I read that stupid book and I still don’t know what Bethenny was trying to convey. She never actually explained what coming from a place of yes actually means. She just kept repeating it over and over. But damn, forget about trying to explain yourself as Kelly attempted to do in the meeting. I knew what Kelly was saying but Bethenny would. not. budge. I still say Kelly shouldn’t have been late, that’s absolutely true. But it wasn’t Bethenny’s place to dress her down like that.

I loved that Kelly delivered the big ticket auction item because she’s actually very good friends with her ex-husband. *cough

ETA: I thought about it some more and you make a really good point @JAYJAY1979. I don’t think Kelly ever got the hang of reconciling production with her own thoughts and feelings and it came out as a disjointed mess a lot of the time. 

Hey does anyone know if Bethenny’s friend Ginny Hilfiger was actually at the arthritis benefit? 😆

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 10
22 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I agree with that. Kelly’s kind of whacky and a little out there but at the end of the day I always thought she was a decent person. She just wasn’t very good at standing up for herself effectively or calling people out on their BS in a meaningful way.

Bethenny is one of those people who frames a narrative of herself and then puts it on blast until it is accepted as fact. Challenge that narrative and you get taken down. A preliminary example of this is when she started spouting about coming from a place of yes or no during the charity meeting. She must have been writing her book on her Blackberry at that time. I read that stupid book and I still don’t know what Bethenny was trying to convey. She never actually explained what coming from a place of yes actually means. She just kept repeating it over and over. But damn, forget about trying to explain yourself as Kelly attempted to do in the meeting. I knew what Kelly was saying but Bethenny would. not. budge. I still say Kelly shouldn’t have been late, that’s absolutely true. But it wasn’t Bethenny’s place to dress her down like that.

I loved that Kelly delivered the big ticket auction item because she’s actually very good friends with her ex-husband. *cough

ETA: I thought about it some more and you make a really good point @JAYJAY1979. I don’t think Kelly ever got the hang of reconciling production with her own thoughts and feelings and it came out as a disjointed mess a lot of the time. 

Hey does anyone know if Bethenny’s friend Ginny Hilfiger was actually at the arthritis benefit? 😆

I remember in season 4..Kelly was the one to bring up Sonja's grey Garden townhouse..that it was in disrepair, etc.  And Luann was shushing Kelly.

Sonja should thank Kelly because had it not been for her, I don't think Sonja would have lasted so long.  Sonja in season 3 and most of season 4 portrayed herself as a lady of the manor.  Remember she used to host her huge parties in her first 2 seasons?  She started letting the crazy come out in season 4...but once word came out on her grey garden place..she went with it 

• Love 9
(edited)

An eltist snob for sure.

“She wasn't a good fit for the franchise.”

When she wasn’t being a snob she came off like a crazy moron. 

Edited by Hiyo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
(edited)

Looks like Cindy now has a place that isn't Quogue lol. Maybe the other housewives will go visit. (Although she's *just* renting, so you know Jill and Ramona definitely ain't gonna go.)

https://nypost.com/2021/05/22/hamptons-residents-shocked-by-shocked-by-sky-high-real-estate-camp-prices/

The biggest hurdle, of course, is scoring a home at all. Cindy Barshop, who owns the feminine spa VSpot, said she lost out on several bidding wars before eventually scoring a place on the Amagansett Dunes. 

“I wanted to be in Southampton but the prices were astronomical and by the time I was scheduled to see a house, it was usually gone,’’ she said. When a friend told her about their neighbor’s house being for rent, “I just grabbed it sight unseen. In the past, I would bargain and test the beds, water pressure and air conditioning. This time I asked no questions.” 

There’s still just one problem: “Since it’s on the dunes, my twins want surf lessons which just went from $125 to $225.’’

Edited by divsc
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, divsc said:

There’s still just one problem: “Since it’s on the dunes, my twins want surf lessons which just went from $125 to $225.’’

Trying hard to muster up any kind of sympathy…….

• LOL 12
  • Love 4

The Jules Weinstein season is on today. I forgot how thin she was. 
Watching an old argument with Dorinda, John and Bethenny, I remember thinking how dumb it was a few years ago. Now I would kill to have each of those crazies back! How can they air a former season and then go to the crap that is this season?

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

The Jules Weinstein season is on today. I forgot how thin she was. 
Watching an old argument with Dorinda, John and Bethenny, I remember thinking how dumb it was a few years ago. Now I would kill to have each of those crazies back! How can they air a former season and then go to the crap that is this season?

I am watching that now too, the apartment hunting was good, the friendship between Carole and B was good, Ramona's face was original, those were the days.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am watching that now too, the apartment hunting was good, the friendship between Carole and B was good, Ramona's face was original, those were the days.

I left it on, this older season was so much better than what’s on the current season.  Dorinda was likable. Carole was dating Adam. Lu had just started dating a nice man, Tom, I think his name was?

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • LOL 17
9 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I left it on, this older season was so much better than what’s on the current season.  Dorinda was likable. Carole was dating Adam. Lu had just started dating a nice man, Tom, I think his name was?

I’d rather watch Tom and Jill’s Mom complain about rental cars than what is on now 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

I didn’t start watching RHONY until the season Carole, Aviva and Heather joined.  I have now watched seasons one and two. Regarding the early cast members:

LuAnn is and appears to have always been a snob.

Ramona was cute. Her cute mannerisms don’t look so cute anymore now that she had aged.

Alex and Simon are the poster children for pretentiousness. Even Simon’s accent sounded more Euro British than Australian.

Bethenny was witty and entertaining. She still is.

Kelly was just strange and seemed to have problems with social Interaction. 

JIll was also quick witted snd on top of things. She also had the quintessential Long Island accent which makes her seem down to earth no matter how much money she has. 

All told, I would be friends with Bethenny and Jill, would avoid Lou and Ramona, and would run screaming from Kelly, Simon and Alex. 

• Love 4

Having just watched the early seasons, I actually thought Alex was the nicest. I even got used to Simon by season 4. Luann was very pretentious but has calmed down a bit. Sonja is now a caricature of her former self and it's not pretty. Ramona was so pretty and still looks very good for her age but my God the things she has said thru the years . I felt really sorry for her when she went thru the divorce. She really loved him.  I am on team Ramona this year though and hope she is not fired.  If she is, she will bounce back. She always does.

• Love 11

Hey guys. I know everyone was desperately awaiting an update on this.

A triumphant Jill Zarin takes back her Midwestern Rite Aid

https://pagesix.com/2021/08/05/jill-zarin-wins-ownership-of-midwestern-rite-aid/

We hear the “Real Housewives of New York City” alum, 57, won her court case and is once more the proud and rightful owner of an unspecified drugstore in a suburb of Akron, Ohio.

According to court papers seen by Page Six, Zarin, the lender and various other local functionaries came to an agreement Wednesday, and she’ll now be able to make the late loan payment and get the business back in her name.

As we previously reported, the socialite’s late husband, Bobby Zarin, bought Jill several such pharmacies around the country before his death from cancer in 2018.

However, due to an administrative screw-up on the part of a now-fired advisor, Jill didn’t pay off the loan on one store in Canton, Ohio, and the lender took control of the business.

One might think that the upholstery doyen would be too busy decorating her latest Hamptons beach house to worry about misplacing the occasional chain store. But given the news of Wednesday’s ruling, one would be extremely wrong.

The former Bravolebrity stepped once more unto the breach and waded righteously into an expensive legal battle to triumphantly resume ownership of her beloved Rite Aid.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3