Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E18: Us

• Start Topic

(edited)

The President is speaking tonight and so all shows may or may not be pushed back accordingly. PLEASE ADJUST YOUR DVR RECORDING JUST IN CASE. 

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, debraran said:

Saw this. I like the write up.

image.png

The Rebecca speech that the show keeps replaying and is in her obituary reminds me more of a pre-planned graduation speech than something someone would say on a whim to their children . 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, tennisgurl said:

I’m so not surprised that Randall has the big moment with Deja. She’s his favorite as well as the show’s favorite. 

There’s literally no point of the other two daughters being on the show . They had no impact on anything throughout any of the seasons and hardly any lines . 

• Love 22
(edited)

Well I remain very disappointed. It was a good episode but as a final episode to a series it was not remarkable or outstanding, there were no shockers or surprises and it was a manipulative tearjerker. 

I cried more during other episodes. They missed the mark with this one. It will not go down in history though I suspect it will get good reviews. 

Edited by LoveLeigh
  • Love 18
21 minutes ago, Eureka said:

I agree. I wish last week was the last one.

Agreed, although had it aired tonight I don’t think I’d have ever stopped crying.

I did tear up when William was talking about being a grandfather, and the tears spilled when Randall said they were going to Memphis.

The flashback scenes were filmed three years ago - those kids are much older now. Kudos to the writers.

• Love 18

My son’s high school graduation is tomorrow, my brother is on his deathbed, he’s asked me to write something for his service, and this. It’s almost too much. But I want to watch. 
And I was ready for this final episode to turn me into a blubbering fool. 
But no. Pretty blah episode. The previous one should have been the last. 

• Love 11
Just now, BuckeyeLou said:

I will miss the Pearson family, I felt like I made their Life Journey with them & there were so many times I could relate to what they were going through.  As I mentioned, I am a Grandma, and I hope my Grandchildren have memories of me to keep through the years.  Hearing William speak about loving his Grandchildren made me cry. 

I have so many memories of my grandparents- they were part of my village. I loved them so much. I have no doubt that your grands will have lots of memories of you.

• Love 13

I didn't hate it but it could have been so much more. It was a good episode but not a great series finale. They should have ended with the train. That said, I liked one last worst case scenario, the flashback to the ordinary day and the Big Three at the end. 

What was the point of Tess, Annie, Hailey and Kevin’s twins? 

I will miss this show though for all it's faults. All of then deserve Emmys. 

• Love 13
Just now, Armchair Critic said:

Speaking of William, why did his face look so much fuller on the train last week? Seeing him again in this episode he looked so different.

He was dying of cancer at that point in the narrative.  Last week, we got what I'm guessing is a heavenly version of William. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Speaking of William, why did his face look so much fuller on the train last week? Seeing him again in this episode he looked so different.

The girls were much younger when they filmed that scene from tonight, I’m guessing he gained weight since then.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I did tear up when William was talking about being a grandfather, and the tears spilled when Randall said they were going to Memphis.

That was my favorite part of the episode. I am extremely close with my grandparents, particularly on my mother's side. I'm the oldest grandchild (31), and their youngest grandchild is 5. I think often about how extremely fortunate I am to have had them in my life for so long, yet I feel such profound sadness when I know there's absolutely no way that can happen for the youngest (they would be 110). When William talked about how the grandchild/grandparent relationship starts with such an unfair time inequity, I felt that in my heart. That scene was the best writing this show has had. As a surprise to no one, that was written and filmed during the first season. I was full on sobbing, and I'm crying again as I think about it.

Edited by PepSinger
  • Love 21

So Phillip doesn’t exist in this episode thankfully. Again Toby and Kate have so much more chemistry than Kate and Phillip. And Jon Huertas was in the credits but Miguel got the shaft again. 

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, PepSinger said:

That was my favorite part of the episode. I am extremely close with my grandparents, particularly on my mother's side. I'm the oldest grandchild (31), and their youngest grandchild is 5. I think often about how extremely fortunate I am to have had them in my life for so long, yet I feel such profound sadness when I know there's absolutely no way that can happen for the youngest (they would be 110). When William talked about the grandchild/grandparent relationship that starts with such an unfair time inequity, I felt that in my heart. That scene was the best writing this show has had. As a surprise to no one, that was written and filmed during the first season. I was full on sobbing, and I'm crying again as I think about it.

Thats beautiful PepSinger...Grandparent relationships are special

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Of course the William scenes were filmed a few years ago. The train scenes a month or so ago. RC Jones has had a double lung transplant since he left the show after the earlier seasons, so he probably is much healthier now. Thus the fuller face.

• Useful 15
  • Love 4