Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E03: There's Sutton about Crystal

• Start Topic

I’m sorry but Mikey just annoys me incredibly. “WE Haven’t worn this in years. WE haven’t worn this since Vegas.”

WE? WE?

how can she still afford him? And I love that they showed that old scene of her massive quantity of clothes, jewelry, shoes, etc. 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
1 minute ago, Mar said:

I’m sorry but Mikey just annoys me incredibly. “WE Haven’t worn this in years. WE haven’t worn this since Vegas.”

WE? WE?

how can she still afford him? And I love that they showed that old scene of her massive quantity of clothes, jewelry, shoes, etc. 😂

I have disliked him since in search of the next doll when the pussycat dolls had the reality show about replacing one of the girls and he was on there ... 

• Love 13
47 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I would have thought Mikey had selected those atrocious outfits prior to her packing for Palm Springs, maybe he can do a Garanimals thing for her.  What I have noticed is he did not do a look book for her this trip, he had done them in the past because with all Erika's self proclaimed style and knowledge of couture she is unable to put an outfit together.

She's cutting back her expenses. She's had to make some sacrifices, you know.

• LOL 14
57 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

I understand using a stylist to get ready for a special event, but why in the hell does anyone need the services of a stylist on a daily basis? 

At some point, shouldn't you know how to dress yourself and have figured out what looks good and works for your body type?

I don’t think anyone needs a stylist to dress them unless one is going to a special event and even then the stylist isn’t generally actually dressing the person unless they are checking the fit or deciding on accessories or jewelry loans at the last minute. 

However a stylist is useful because they know what is available and current and so they can pull together items from multiple sources and a woman only has to spend a few hours instead of having to spend large amounts of time visiting multiple stores. But generally they would help the women with what shoes and accessories work. 

The studios will pay for a stylist to put together a wardrobe when someone is doing a promotional tour but they don’t generally travel with the woman but have given her photos of what to wear with what. The hair and makeup person will travel on the promo tour. 

• Useful 4
1 minute ago, MMLEsq said:

Long story, but I was in the World Trade Center on 9/11 after the 1st plane hit (got out before the 2nd plane hit).  People seem to want me to feel a certain way about it.  (Mostly I just feel grateful that I got out before the enormity of what was happening became apparent.)

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that remembers that show (Chelsea was robbed!).

Diana's squinty eyes bother me (too reminiscent of Melania T. for me, I guess).

My dog (Irish Setter) is a notorious counter surfer and nothing on the table is safe if you walk away for too long, but she would never take food off a plate on someone's lap.  But, if she did, she'd be yelled at right away.  Bambi has no idea she did anything wrong because the only reaction really was laughter.

I wish Sutton would stop apologizing.  When she said that when her father shot himself she didn't want people coming over, she was met with stares and blinks.  The idea that she wouldn't want to make herself the focus at that time seemed incomprehensible to Dorit, Lisa and Kyle.

Exactly Sutton received no empathy from the ladies at all!

• Love 14

I don't really understand why Crystal was triggered by that conversation but I understood what she was saying - last year, she was told she had no right to feel violated when she in fact felt violated. And you can't just order people to not feel the way they do.

I actually don't think Diana was wrong with her assessment that Sutton can be awkward and react poorly when she feels uncomfortable. But hey, to her credit, Sutton herself actually admitted that in her apology to Dorit. 

I appreciate that in two episodes in a row, Sutton has just shut down Erika's attempts to keep herself relevant by attacking Sutton.

• Love 22
16 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

She saved the voicemail you guys…. She saved them to play it on this show… that’s …. Something 

I just finished watching the episode and apparently I have already forgotten something about a voicemail. What was this?

15 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Ugh teddi 

You just know she was hoping for extensive footage of her to be included in the episode, but I don’t think she was on screen for more than about three seconds. I would’ve been just fine without those three seconds.😂

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

And what’s this let’s get the new girls opinion on Sutton? What is that? And the woman who doesn’t know what fucking sign she is says Sutton is clumsy with her words? Lol GTFOOH 

Has she seen Sutton do any of these things or has she got a version of what happened told to her? WTF was that? 

Because she is new I was trying to give her a chance and keep an open mind, but the moment she said that, she joined the ranks of the other despicables in the show for me.

• Love 16
37 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

Crystal is right. These women (especially Kyle) love policing everyone's feelings and having an issue because someone isn't "feeling" the way they want them to. I'm glad she called it gaslighting because that's exactly what it is. The hypocrisy is pretty stunning to watch sometimes.

Erika's attempts to come off badass and intimidating are just laughable now. I'm so glad Sutton continues to not be bothered by her. 

Putting this in spoiler tags because it has to do with something said in the previews

Reveal spoiler

Are the ladies going to accuse Erika of not being empathetic when she says she "doesn't give a fuck about anyone else but me" when discussing the victims? I wonder. Or will Kyle make excuses for her.

Yeah there's this "you must feel this way or admit to this" thing from some of them. Vanderpump must admit to being a liar. Push her to it even when she's grieving the suicide of her only sibling. Erika must be offended by Rinna's Halloween version of her. Push her until she says she is offended. Sutton must show some dramatics regarding Dorit. Make it a whole storyline and involve everyone. Crystal on the other hand is a dramatic millennial if she dares to show emotion. 

19 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I don't really understand why Crystal was triggered by that conversation but I understood what she was saying - last year, she was told she had no right to feel violated when she in fact felt violated. And you can't just order people to not feel the way they do.

Yeah my guess is she found the whole conversation hypocritical and didn't feel like most of them cared about her feelings. When you deal with body issues, someone walking in on you naked (even if another woman and an honest mistake), can leave you feeling very vulnerable. I thought Crystal was rough on Sutton last season, but I totally got why she was over the group and conversation last night. It is also difficult to go back and forth with someone like Dorit who can be aggressive but did just experience an extremely traumatic situation. 

• Love 14
(edited)
13 hours ago, janiema said:

I think Kathy is restrained rather than fake. Kim’s experience on the show may have been different if Kathy had been there to support her. As it turned out, Kim was just prey to someone who has big sister resentment issues. 

I'm old enough to remember Kathy from Paris' heyday - as fake as they come. Actually had a show called something like: How to be a Hilton where she judged people on their gentility. I trust the Kathy we saw eating off a tv table and roaming around absentmindedly is the real one. Or closer to it. 

2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yes it is a better investment but she made it sound like she was so frugal but we all saw that Hermes bag that Kyle couldn't take her eyes off of and to me she is dressing on trend so don't tap your last years Prada pumps at me @Keywestclubkid, lol.

I bet Crystal is just strategic in what she buys. She can buy whatever she wants, but she has to really want it, as opposed to the other girls who see something shiny and HAVE to have it, regardless of whether it's something they'll ever use more than once. Who was the housewife who had to have 16 place settings of ugly Gucci dishes? And then probably saw a different set the next year that she liked better?

25 minutes ago, Mar said:

I just finished watching the episode and apparently I have already forgotten something about a voicemail. What was this?

Dorit left a panic attack voicemail on Kyle's phone and Kyle shared it with the others. That was... stunningly unkind.

Edited by kassa
  • Love 15

Mikey pulls clothing off a rack in Erika's bedroom while she sits on the bed and rolls her eyes at his choices, these are clothes she already owns, I would have thought Mikey had selected those atrocious outfits prior to her packing for Palm Springs, maybe he can do a Garanimals thing for her.  What I have noticed is he did not do a look book for her this trip, he had done them in the past because with all Erika's self proclaimed style and knowledge of couture she is unable to put an outfit together.

She rolled her eyes at that super ugly Burberry jumpsuit but wore it anyway!  Super ugly on and off the hanger.

I don't want to brag but I ran out for kitty litter this morning, I selected my own outfit, jeans, white tee and a pink cardigan paired them with white slip on Keds so suck it Mikey, I can do it all by myself!

dating myself - but Erica reminds me of when Dom DeLouise played Caesar in Mel Brooks' History of the World. He just lays on the lounger and dismisses everything and is a bored as heck doing it.  

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, kassa said:

Dorit left a panic attack voicemail on Kyle's phone and Kyle shared it with the others. That was... stunningly unkind.

I'm sure Dorit told her to.  I'm sure this is all planned out.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 6
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Andy got tired of her ass really quick when she started to take OC ownership.

Eh.  I think the specific toxicity of the Brooks situation was that, not her deciding to be super extra always original biggest baddest mostest OG ever in history.  It's always money and viewers, and when she started getting blasted all over social media and losing those for her stake in the fraud it was done for her.

22 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Crystal on the other hand is a dramatic millennial if she dares to show emotion. 

Someone in my house said: "OK, I wouldn't want to be in a foxhole with Crystal."

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Surrealist said:

I understand using a stylist to get ready for a special event, but why in the hell does anyone need the services of a stylist on a daily basis? 

At some point, shouldn't you know how to dress yourself and have figured out what looks good and works for your body type?

Much in the same way, the need for a whole team constantly around to do your makeup seems insane.  There are countless beautiful women in Southern California, famous ones, who do their own makeup just fine.  Am I misremembering, or did we never see Lisa V. with any of that?

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Yeah my guess is she found the whole conversation hypocritical and didn't feel like most of them cared about her feelings. When you deal with body issues, someone walking in on you naked (even if another woman and an honest mistake), can leave you feeling very vulnerable. I thought Crystal was rough on Sutton last season, but I totally got why she was over the group and conversation last night. It is also difficult to go back and forth with someone like Dorit who can be aggressive but did just experience an extremely traumatic situation. 

I was very much on Crystal's side last year, in part because I thought that if she felt violated, then that is how she felt and no amount of telling her she was "wrong" to feel that way was going to change that. And also because I thought Sutton was being a fragile white woman and insisting that Crystal was saying she felt sexually violated, which was not something Crystal ever said. (I do think that it became easier for everyone, including Sutton, to understand where Crystal was coming from once she talked about her body image issues).

It's interesting that Sutton and Crystal were presenting a united front, though, even on an issue that they were at odds on last year. I believe Sutton when she says that she learned she had to listen to and respect what Crystal was saying.

The one person I am cutting slack for in that conversation is Dorit. I know a lot of people think she is faking or whatever, but I don’t, and I feel for her re the anxiety she was experiencing. I think it must be hard for her to hear Crystal talk about how she feels attacked when Dorit experienced an actual assault. To Crystal's credit, she recognized that and wanted to disengage. But I get why Dorit might find the conversation frustrating. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, tranquilidade said:

After watching Kyle over the years, she has an obsession with making people admit they are wrong and she herself is always right.  I can't imagine any relationship she has with anyone can work with this habit.  She pounds on people, demands they admit she is right and leaves no room for resolution. She is so ego centric and in need to be the center of attention and to be right that living with her must be nothing short of impossible.  

It's bearable if you smoke enough pot.  😂

• LOL 17
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

dating myself - but Erica reminds me of when Dom DeLouise played Caesar in Mel Brooks' History of the World. He just lays on the lounger and dismisses everything and is a bored as heck doing it.  

Yes!!! I remember that movie and you nailed the description.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, kassa said:

I bet Crystal is just strategic in what she buys. She can buy whatever she wants, but she has to really want it, as opposed to the other girls who see something shiny and HAVE to have it, regardless of whether it's something they'll ever use more than once. Who was the housewife who had to have 16 place settings of ugly Gucci dishes? And then probably saw a different set the next year that she liked better?

I agree. I know people are harping on the Hermes bag but the reality is that if push came to shove she could actually sell it for probably more than she paid for it because limited edition Hermes actually do increase in value.

No one - least of all Crystal - is saying that she is wearing Target or TJMaxx. However I don't get the sense that she buys out of boredom or frustration or had the kind of material possessions that Erika had in terms of clothing.

Erika really and truly hates Diana because Diana is living the life that Erika wanted but Erika had to settle for an old Pasadena lawyer who left her relatively poor. There was a moment when they panned out from the La Quinta estate and Erika was heard calling Diana a "bitch" - it came out of nowhere and seemed to reveal how resentful she was of the woman.

Diana looks like Melania because they essentially have the same Slavic gene pool with the slightly upturned Asian eyes and the cheekbones. They probably have also had the same plastic surgery as well.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
17 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Once again…Garcelle being the adult in the room. Shutting down Kyle.

She gets no credit for it. Only Erika gets everyone falling all over her and Kyle jumping on her because she has now become the "voice of reason". I don't like where this season is going. 

• Love 23

Mikey pulls clothing off a rack in Erika's bedroom while she sits on the bed and rolls her eyes at his choices, these are clothes she already owns, I would have thought Mikey had selected those atrocious outfits prior to her packing for Palm Springs, maybe he can do a Garanimals thing for her.  What I have noticed is he did not do a look book for her this trip, he had done them in the past because with all Erika's self proclaimed style and knowledge of couture she is unable to put an outfit together.

She rolled her eyes at that super ugly Burberry jumpsuit but wore it anyway!  Super ugly on and off the hanger.

I don't want to brag but I ran out for kitty litter this morning, I selected my own outfit, jeans, white tee and a pink cardigan paired them with white slip on Keds so suck it Mikey, I can do it all by myself!

And, it was even more telling that Mikey was rolling his eyes and gasping in alarm at suggestions EJ made.  She must have the absolute worst taste (did we not know that, already?) if he is so blatant in his reactions about her choices.  

I have a feeling that it is absolutely killing her to wear an outfit twice.  Poor thing.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, Lassus said:

Someone in my house said: "OK, I wouldn't want to be in a foxhole with Crystal."

Foxholes are notoriously unsafe spaces.

• LOL 10
(edited)
35 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

it was too soon. Nope. Still loathe her. Case in point, the pretentiousness of having someone go to the hotel in advance to make sure it is up to her highness' standards. Who TF does she think she is? Loathe. 

I had forgotten this! Yes, loathe is the correct word. And it was more than one person. I think it was three!

Edited by Mar
Spelling
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

It really pissed me off the way they were all sitting on the couches with Sutton there and talking about what is wrong with Sutton as if she's not there. 

Imagine how vile it could have gotten if Garcelle hadn’t shut Kyle up earlier. That said, I was a little disappointed in Garcelle when she later brought it up, after knowing Sutton and Dorit had spoken. That was just feeding the troll KyIe. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Mar said:

You just know she was hoping for extensive footage of her to be included in the episode, but I don’t think she was on screen for more than about three seconds. I would’ve been just fine without those three seconds.😂

I thought  It was some random person that worked for Kyle's opening. lol

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Once again…Garcelle being the adult in the room. Shutting down Kyle.

OOOH, I thought she was a little shady when she re-brought up the topic after Sutton had already spoken with Dorit. 

And all of them were missing Crystal's point entirely.  

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Mar said:

😂

Dorits calling her and saying she was anxious and couldn’t sleep .. like why save that? It just came across as so calculated to save the VM to play on the show 

• Love 14
(edited)

I actually don't think Diana was wrong with her assessment that Sutton can be awkward and react poorly when she feels uncomfortable. But hey, to her credit, Sutton herself actually admitted that in her apology to Dorit. 

I really thought at first she was making a sensible analogy with the word "clumsy" -- like, say, if your friend broke your favorite coffee cup because she's clumsy, you wouldn't feel offended; however, if she broke it on purpose though, you might. But alas, I was incorrect and she was just being a kind of a busybody sticky-beak!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

Oh how I wish Sutton was a better communicator. Or that literally anyone would say the following to Ericka's smug ass... 

It does not matter whether you knew he was stealing. What matters is that you spent the money on a lavish lifestyle and that money wasn't yours, it belonged to injured people. And you now owe it back to them. And if you had an ounce of empathy for these victims perhaps people would view you differently. But until then, I am allowed to think you are an a$$ hole. 

Yes, yes and yes.  What also gets me is that she bragged and exploited the fact that she spent money to look the way she looks and now shows absolutely NO regret for her self indulgence that was at the direct expense of people and their real suffering.  She has no conscience or connection to humanity.  She is a sponge and parasite. 

• Love 22
2 hours ago, amarante said:

I agree. I know people are harping on the Hermes bag but the reality is that if push came to shove she could actually sell it for probably more than she paid for it because limited edition Hermes actually do increase in value.

No one - least of all Crystal - is saying that she is wearing Target or TJMaxx. However I don't get the sense that she buys out of boredom or frustration or had the kind of material possessions that Erika had in terms of clothing.

Erika really and truly hates Diana because Diana is living the life that Erika wanted but Erika had to settle for an old Pasadena lawyer who left her relatively poor. There was a moment when they panned out from the La Quinta estate and Erika was heard calling Diana a "bitch" - it came out of nowhere and seemed to reveal how resentful she was of the woman.

Diana looks like Melania because they essentially have the same Slavic gene pool with the slightly upturned Asian eyes and the cheekbones. They probably have also had the same plastic surgery as well.

The difference is that Crystal has a life, and she does not spend every waking moment trying to prove to the world that she’s something she is not. 

• Love 13
47 minutes ago, donovan said:

I thought Garcelle's idea was for everyone to talk about it right to Sutton's face, rather than behind her back.

I think it was at first, when they were somewhere without Sutton, which made sense. But then Garcelle witnessed Sutton work it out directly with Dorit; after that, there would really be no reason to involve everyone else.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Lassus said:

Much in the same way, the need for a whole team constantly around to do your makeup seems insane.  There are countless beautiful women in Southern California, famous ones, who do their own makeup just fine.  Am I misremembering, or did we never see Lisa V. with any of that?

Don’t believe so. Don’t think Teddi did. Denise certainly didn’t, as she’d show up at events in jeans and a T-shirt. I think it’s just a part of the unspoken competition these women have with each other, as well as trying to present a “Beverly Hills” image. It’s silly.

God, I miss Denise, another one who got swarmed for literally being REAL.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, amarante said:

I don’t think anyone needs a stylist to dress them unless one is going to a special event and even then the stylist isn’t generally actually dressing the person unless they are checking the fit or deciding on accessories or jewelry loans at the last minute. 

However a stylist is useful because they know what is available and current and so they can pull together items from multiple sources and a woman only has to spend a few hours instead of having to spend large amounts of time visiting multiple stores. But generally they would help the women with what shoes and accessories work. 

The studios will pay for a stylist to put together a wardrobe when someone is doing a promotional tour but they don’t generally travel with the woman but have given her photos of what to wear with what. The hair and makeup person will travel on the promo tour. 

I forgot you have knowledge about this sort of thing. I always enjoy your MDLLA posts. 

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

God, I miss Denise, another one who got swarmed for literally being REAL.

They need to bring back Denise. They could have her on the side of Crystal, Garcelle, and Sutton. That would even things up. A more united front. Denise was the chillest and extremely relatable (especially with her wardrobe!)

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
(edited)
3 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Last week I posted that I loathe Diana, and people commented that it was too soon. Nope. Still loathe her. Case in point, the pretentiousness of having someone go to the hotel in advance to make sure it is up to her highness' standards. Who TF does she think she is? Loathe. 

Yeah, I disliked her instantly and it only got worse last night.  WTF is she to analyze Sutton or anyone else. She is the new girl.

1 hour ago, Mar said:

https://pagesix.com/2022/05/26/erika-jayne-accused-of-hindering-investigation-in-fraud-lawsuit/

Not sure if this belongs in this thread, but it does relate to her proclamations of innocence in this episode

But, but, but it's all resolved. She said so in both episodes.  It must be true because we all know Erika doesn't lie. Unless her lips are moving.

Edited by chlban
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, tranquilidade said:

Sutton is really strange on many levels but I do think she was  being authentic.  Why would she care about Dorit at all?  She doesn't like her and never will. She didn't care about what happened and came over to film with Kyle and had a plan of what was going to be filmed and Dorit's story wasn't part of it.  She wanted to dismiss it from the conversation and did it awkwardly giving Kyle something to use against her, which is Kyle's specialty.

This is where Sutton is bad at this game - she can be excused for making the mistake the first time, but should have been wiser when Kyle confronted her in her store - that's where she should have known it was going to become a thing and done a better mea culpa just out of self-preservation 😄

5 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Crystal's point about that was valid.  But when she starts throwing out phrases like "triggered" and "safe space" I am forced to do this: 🙄

4 hours ago, Mar said:

Haha I didn't even realize Teddi had been on until I saw it here! 😄

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Mrs. Tom Girardi obviously has zero sense of style. I mean anyone with the slightest bit of style sense could dress better with clothes from Target.

The various shots of Erika when she is "casual" and not dressed for the cameras are really terrible. 

image.thumb.jpeg.08cb40c38b68aba410f986db3c891336.jpeg

• LOL 2
  • Love 3