Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E03: There's Sutton about Crystal

• Start Topic

(edited)

I'm loving the Astrology discussion.  So much fun.  Finally the show is positive for something.

On 5/27/2022 at 8:14 AM, Mother of Odin said:

That's the only way I watch

I only ever used to watch RHONY drinking so I could understand their language.  (Yes, New York, they get way drunker than these women.)

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
47 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Now this is really interesting! I had no clue that they'd actually get paid to wear a designer's clothes! I only had slight knowledge of the borrowing. 

Ah the non-day-to-day lending makes sense if it's not being publicized, and hopefully creating sales. I also had no idea about the product shots being set ups! I was aware of them becoming "ambassadors" for products making them money, but didn't realize that the casual but posed store-type shots were shills as well. The more you know!  Then add the autograph signings, party appearances, and everything else, I can see how all of it can be lucrative. If you don't mind being a human billboard.

I can also see that I totally chose the wrong career. And non-billionaire husband. (Sorry, honey)

The stars are paid HUGE amounts for wearing a dress for the Oscars because the dresses get such enormous publicity. And the brands don't really make money on the couture as they really make their money on the licensing and accessories. You might not be able to afford a Chanel dress or even a bag but then you see the Chanel glasses or makeup or even a wallet and it seems like an affordable splurge.

ETA - By huge I mean $100,000 to $300,000 to wear a dress on the Oscar red carpet

Some actresses have exclusive deals to be dressed by certain of the brands. I know that Kristen Stewart was exclusive for Chanel and Natalie Portman is exclusively dressed by Dior. There are others but these are off the top of my head.

All of the social media stuff is a HUGE source of money for even D level Bravolebrities like the non-famous housewives. They are paid to promote on their pages and are also comped vacations and other stuff. That is why they fight for followers because each follower translates into pay per hit. That is one reason - among others - that they fight to stay on the show when it doesn't make particularly sense. They can easily double their salaries just with social media payments and then a few of them are also able to launch their own stuff but I don't think most of those make much money so they probably just get the up front money from licensing their names to whatever product they decide to shill.

You can pretty much assume that everything is monetized although I think there are some like Meryl Streep who I have never heard of monetizing like the others. Even the stars that are theoretically above it all will do commercials and otherwise monetize themselves with commercials outside the US. I think both Clooney and Pitt do this.

Edited by amarante
  • Useful 10
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Slakkie said:

Curious how Rinna is being so nice to Diana when she is mocking Sutton for spending her husband's money.  Situational Ethics are so fun!

It's not even the same situation.

Sutton married her childhood sweetheart when he was poor and they were married for a relatively long period of time. She was not a golddigger. Loathsome as Kyle is in many ways she married Mauricio when he was poor and she is not a gold digger even if she received a huge amount from his brokerage if they divorced.

Diana and Erika are classic golddiggers. Diana was a luckier gold digger because her sugar daddy was younger and more exciting than Tom Girardi and also genuinely wealthy unlike Tom.

Diana got the great divorce and Erika miscalculated although I actually think at 29 working at Chasens, Tom was about as good as she was going to get. Erika was really not a great natural beauty based on early photos.  

• Love 19
3 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Yeah, I can your pov! I agree that it was smart of Crystal to disengage (thanks, Meredith Marks!) because of what Dorit had just been through.

In my view, I think that Crystal wasn't so much making it about herself, but was trying to outline the hypocrisy of the whole thing. She was explaining that Sutton said she *did* feel empathy toward Dorit, and Kyle was straight up dismissing it as wrong, and that Sutton didn't feel that way.

Crystal was pointing out that someone's actual feelings can't be dismissed outright; that what they feel (or how they react) isn't wrong, even if it's different than what she (Kyle) or the other harpies felt, or agreed to feel, or reacted. <--- I think this part is what triggered her. That's when she tied it into violategate. The wholesale telling people that what they do or can feel is wrong (and instructions on what they should be feeling or doing) or they're going to get the pile on from the harpy brigade until they capitulate.  
  Basically, imo, they were doing the exact same thing they were trying to protect Sutton from last year, directly to her this year. It's crazy making!

-But Crystal also did discount Sutton's feelings last season, just like Sutton discounted hers. I swear these people!-

Oh, to be clear, I actually didn't have a problem with what Crystal was saying up until the point she talked about being triggered, etc. I think her point was valid. 

And also, to be fair to her, she had made her argument and was going to stop explaining until both Garcelle and Kyle kept pushing her. (I like Garcelle but also, she was stirring the pot a bit in this episode, both by bringing up everything with Sutton after Sutton apologized to Dorit and by pushing Crystal after Crystal said she didn't want to talk about it anymore. But Kyle was doing that, too).

I just think Dorit's reaction to Crystal talking about being triggered was valid based on her very recent traumatic experience. 

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Oh, to be clear, I actually didn't have a problem with what Crystal was saying up until the point she talked about being triggered, etc. I think her point was valid. 

And also, to be fair to her, she had made her argument and was going to stop explaining until both Garcelle and Kyle kept pushing her. (I like Garcelle but also, she was stirring the pot a bit in this episode, both by bringing up everything with Sutton after Sutton apologized to Dorit and by pushing Crystal after Crystal said she didn't want to talk about it anymore. But Kyle was doing that, too).

I just think Dorit's reaction to Crystal talking about being triggered was valid based on her very recent traumatic experience. 

I was very surprised that Garcelle did this with Sutton. Very uncharacteristic, especially since she was looking on when Sutton and Dorit spoke, and she has always been the deescalator of the group. That should have been enough. Instead, she pulls a move worthy of any of the other women by bringing it up again and opening the gates for Kyle and all the chaos that ensued.

That was a side of her I hope I don’t see often.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, amarante said:

It's not even the same situation.

Sutton married her childhood sweetheart when he was poor and they were married for a relatively long period of time. She was not a golddigger. Loathsome as Kyle is in many ways she married Mauricio when he was poor and she is not a gold digger even if she received a huge amount from his brokerage if they divorced.

Diana and Erika are classic golddiggers. Diana was a luckier gold digger because her sugar daddy was younger and more exciting than Tom Girardi and also genuinely wealthy unlike Tom.

Diana got the great divorce and Erika miscalculated although I actually think at 29 working at Chasens, Tom was about as good as she was going to get. Erika was really not a great natural beauty based on early photos.  

You are absolutely correct and why it is even worse.  The plan is to chase Sutton off and the Fox Force Five (m minus Teddi) will not stop until they chase her off.  They are disgusting

• Love 14

Ahh, I know what this is! This is just Erica slipping in some advertising for her new Luxury line of hair extensions called “Pretty Mess Hair”. Now you too, can have gorgeous hairdos just like this! 

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SassyCat said:

Ahh, I know what this is! This is just Erica slipping in some advertising for her new Luxury line of hair extensions called “Pretty Mess Hair”. Now you too, can have gorgeous hairdos just like this! 

Are you sure it is not called "Pretty Messy Hair?"

BTW, I lerve your fur baby, what kind of kitty is he/she? 

Also I am starting a line of hair extensions for cats, bwahahah.  

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Is it called Pussy Mess?

• LOL 12
On 5/28/2022 at 1:19 PM, Jel said:

Yes, and I loved how she seemed so downright perplexed at the concept of a shop.  For crying out loud. 

Seriously! Reminded me of Homer Simpson realizing that money can be exchanged for goods and services. Calm down, Diane. It's not like you grew up eating ambrosia on Mount Olympus. 🙄

On 5/28/2022 at 2:19 PM, WhatAmIWatching said:

Didn't they also gang up on Garcelle last year and pummel her until she cried at that one dinner? Wasn't it the same sort of thing; that there's no way she could be feeling what she was feeling?

Yes they did! And creepily congratulated Garcelle for "opening up" when she broke into tears. This is what made Garcelle's move to reopen the Sutton issue so disappointing. She should know by now that these clear-the-air conversations never end well.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Ericas hair Sure is a mess in that pic, and far from pretty.
That is a savannah cat. She is 7months old now. 
With your new cat hair extentions, will you also have permed style? To match a beautiful cornish rex’s coat? 😺

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, SassyCat said:

With your new cat hair extentions, will you also have permed style? To match a beautiful cornish rex’s coat? 😺

One of our cats chewed off a bunch of hair after his brother died. It!s finally growing back - if only we had cat hair extensions (how bad would those hair balls be(

• Love 2
On 5/28/2022 at 7:27 PM, RoseAllDay said:

I was very surprised that Garcelle did this with Sutton. Very uncharacteristic, especially since she was looking on when Sutton and Dorit spoke, and she has always been the deescalator of the group. That should have been enough. Instead, she pulls a move worthy of any of the other women by bringing it up again and opening the gates for Kyle and all the chaos that ensued.

That was a side of her I hope I don’t see often.

I actually don't think Garcelle was trying to stir the pot.  I think she was trying to point out that Dorit and Sutton have talked and worked it all out and if anyone has any issues with the situation they should bring it up now in front of everyone so there's no talking behind backs and and it can be done, never to be spoken of again.

• Love 23
4 hours ago, SassyCat said:

Wow, a Savannah cat, so cool I have never met one. They are good jumpers, any chance of a 30lb cat getting on top of your fridge? 

My Cornish would love to feel the wind in his flowing hair, lol.

Cat perms would be a real good business plan, I can't see how it could miss!

Back to the topic at hand, funny how Erika's life long dream of performing has screeched to a halt, I thought she was so popular and in demand, a multi national super star, I guess her latest hit will be "It's Expensive to Defend Me."

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Einstein said:

I actually don't think Garcelle was trying to stir the pot.  I think she was trying to point out that Dorit and Sutton have talked and worked it all out and if anyone has any issues with the situation they should bring it up now in front of everyone so there's no talking behind backs and and it can be done, never to be spoken of again.

Agree. I think Garcelle genuinely cares about Sutton. 

• Love 12
11 hours ago, Einstein said:

I just would have considered it settled after Dorit and Sutton spoke. There is no “final resolution” with these women, and if the controversy seemed to have died down, I would have let it go. Garcelle should have known what would happen by wanting to “clear the air.” Especially with Kyle, who’s always waiting for a chance to pounce.

• Love 6
(edited)
15 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Wow, a Savannah cat, so cool I have never met one. They are good jumpers, any chance of a 30lb cat getting on top of your fridge? 

Back to the topic at hand, funny how Erika's life long dream of performing has screeched to a halt, I thought she was so popular and in demand, a multi national super star, I guess her latest hit will be "It's Expensive to Defend Me."

Cat perms! I have long said there are not enough curly haired cats. Can we get Elon Musk on this immediately please!?

Erika is that horrible combination of despicable and delusional. The people who enable her because “she’s never done anything to me” are weasels. 

Edited by Jel
  • Love 11
58 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

I’d love to see a story arc with those two going at it. But I’m sensing Erika sees an ally.

I'm guessing that too. However I suspect Diana is shadier than Erika, so she's met her match in that regard.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

They are very good jumpers at the high jump and long jump!  Thankfully she is not going to get to 30 lbs because she sometimes decides its jumping around time as I’m heading to bed. I have never seen a cat though that is so heavy in density than these savannahs. She looks like she weighs 5lbs, and is built like an oriental shorthair, but shes deceptively heavy at 8-9 lbs. Still growing too. Very outgoing and doglike and a great loving companion.

I heard Justin Bieber got himself 2 of these savannahs, but he got the early generation kind which is 1 or 2 generations away from the initial serval/domestic cat breeding, to obtain the hybrids. Those are the ones that reach 30 lbs. Mine is 5 generations from the original breeding and they are normal cat size at this point.  I recently saw he gave the cats back to the breeder after having them a couple years. Poor babies.  A designated cat room for jumping, climbing and zooming is necessary for those bigger, wilder ones. I guess they became too much for him to deal with, though I am sure he had enough room in his mansion to dedicate to a playroom for these wonderful animals. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I haven’t read this whole thread and am rewatching the episode as I miss a lot but —Crystal isn’t too bad this episode!
2.  Rinna’s lack of pants at the shop is going to cause me to have a nightmare where I’m in school with no pants on 😬

• LOL 11
(edited)
On 5/25/2022 at 8:56 PM, Chicklet said:

Oh god Dubai looks like a carbon copy of BH. I don't know if I can watch that.

I encourage everybody to check out a post on the Housewives subreddit. Dubai’s reputation as an oppressive emirate in terms of gay rights, treatment of women, slavery, etc., and other human rights makes me more disgusted that Andy would green-light a project there. I wasn’t planning to watch, but now I know I won’t be watching. 

If Andy’s having to stretch the franchise out this far, maybe it’s time to call it a day on the whole thing. 

(I know BH took one of their field trips there, but that should have been it.)

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Useful 4
  • Love 10
On 5/29/2022 at 2:39 PM, Stats Queen said:

One of our cats chewed off a bunch of hair after his brother died. It!s finally growing back - if only we had cat hair extensions (how bad would those hair balls be(

Mine did that as well.  It grew back but was so sad!

Is it just me or do some of the cast look like they aged a ton since last season?  I am thinking Kyle and Erika specifically.  Erika is because Daddy Warbucks is done but Kyle looks a bunch older.

• Love 8

I missed this Rinna'ism the first time when talking with Kyle:

"What a great - I love the ceiling - I love the store."

I mean the ceiling is amazing - it's high and holds lights and binds the walls together.  If only those clothes didn't detract from it... 

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
On 5/29/2022 at 10:53 AM, JonnieUniteUs said:

Leaving WWHL

0f5dixrx8q091.jpg

I've stared at this pic for way too long trying to figure out what is going on. It looks like Erika has a sewn in weft extension (which I also have, thank you thyroid hair loss) but I can't figure out what the mass of hair is just below the weft. What a mess.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

I've stared at this pic for way too long trying to figure out what is going on. It looks like Erika has a sewn in weft extension (which I also have, thank you thyroid hair loss) but I can't figure out what the mass of hair is just below the weft. What a mess.

Thank you! I’m going to look that up!

• Love 3
On 5/27/2022 at 12:52 AM, endure said:

Yes a rather stretched out waist, I thought it def made Erika look a little chunky, even her face 🥹

She doesn’t look good this season. Her hair looks fake and tired. 

I said I wasn’t going to watch this season if they brought back Erika, Lisa and Kyle. Well I tuned in anyway and watched snippets of a few shows, but I can’t stand it. The crowing and cackling and gloating from Lisa and Erika. Kyle’s smug Queen Bee attitude. The three of them are so horrible I don’t even want to watch. I’ll just read the comments here. 

• Love 6
On 5/26/2022 at 10:36 PM, Pattycake2 said:

Seems to me that since Sutton, Garcelle, Kathy, and Crystal were far more popular last season than the rest of them, that the coven is trying to bring them all down. Right now we are subjected to IR gate i.e. inappropriate response gate. Next week, it looks like Crystal will drag out some voicemail from a year ago which shows that Sutton is indeed a horrible person. it also looks like Kathy is involved in something nasty when the group goes to Aspen. I don’t remember who it was, although I think it was Rinna, saying on WWHL that the viewers would be surprised by Kathy’s behavior.. I have no doubt that they will try to go after Garcelle too.  It’s all so lame.AA01C574-9434-4CDF-AE1C-7FB26E835445.jpeg.c63933ae10e6c07b28b3017e4fbfd9d4.jpeg

Love that picture of Ericka as Ursula and Rinna and Kyle as the eels. lol

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
17 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

I missed this Rinna'ism the first time when talking with Kyle:

"What a great - I love the ceiling - I love the store."

I mean the ceiling is amazing - it's high and holds lights and binds the walls together.  If only those clothes didn't detract from it... 

She just should have said, “I’m here to talk about Dorit and the issues I’m having with you.”

EDIT — Whoops! 🥵Totally misread the post. I’m still thinking about the way Kyle showed up at Sutton’s store, full of compliments and small talk, until she wasn’t.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I feel the need to talk about Sutton’s “clumsy” words, because the reaction from Erika and Diana angered me.

Sutton is admittedly awkward and does say the wrong thing sometimes. I also am one of those people and there’s a reason for it with me— I am autistic. As an autistic female, trying to fit into a group of female friends who are neurotypical is a nightmare — the harder I try, the dumber and more awkward they think I am. I know they talk about me behind my back and I wind up explaining my statements more than a “normal” person needs to. Nowadays I tell people upfront about my autism and that it can make me very socially awkward or say the wrong things. 

I am not trying to imply autism is behind Sutton’s social awkwardness, but instead of picking on her, maybe the women could just accept that Sutton sometimes says things that come out wrong with no ill intent. It may take her longer to come up with an appropriate thing to say or get the words right, even if emotionally she’s really trying. 

I feel bad for Sutton in these situations because I’ve been there. 

• Love 16
(edited)
1 hour ago, RoseAllDay said:

Kyle in the Never Before Scene — “Why does anyone not feel safe? We’re all friends.”

REALLY? 

I can't imagine why Crystal wouldn't feel safe with this bunch. 

anigif_enhanced-buzz-18215-1429126688-8.

lisa-rinna-rhobh-wine-smash-lisa-rinna.g

im-coming-for-you-real-housewives-of-bev

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
On 5/26/2022 at 8:42 AM, RoseAllDay said:

I’m glad Dorit’s getting professional help for it, what with her chest pains, anxiety, and sleeplessness. The last thing she needs is Concern Troll Kyle wringing hands and making her the weapon of choice as Kyle goes after almost everybody else in that group to assert dominance. I’m half wondering if Kyle isn’t jealous of all the attention Dorit’s gotten.

Add me to the long list of people who can’t stand Kyle. Bossy, judgmental mean girl.

Yeah, I loathe Dorit but I genuinely felt bad for her having to sit there as these horrible women made this life-threatening, traumatic incident all about themselves. 

• Love 3
On 5/29/2022 at 4:35 PM, Vanderboom said:

Yes they did! And creepily congratulated Garcelle for "opening up" when she broke into tears. This is what made Garcelle's move to reopen the Sutton issue so disappointing. She should know by now that these clear-the-air conversations never end well.

I think we like Garcelle because she is better than The Coven (which she unquestionably is!) but I think we also need to acknowledge that she absolutely has stirred the pot on occasion in the past. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 5/31/2022 at 8:44 PM, emma675 said:

When I was young and living in Central America in the 90s, we would buy long hair attached to combs, and have our under-hairs french braided across our heads like that and anchor the fake hair combs in it.  That way you could wear it and look like you had long hair, but take it out when you showered so it didn't get all ratty.  That's what I'm assuming I'm seeing here.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
(edited)

Kyle is wrong - like always - about the starsigns. My birthday is august 24th and it is the day the signs change. Or used to change. I read a lot about astrology as a kid and I was so sad about being a virgo instead of a leo (but I´m fine with being a virgo now, it fits my quiet self way better) so I totally remember this. It was a matter of hours really. Star signs are not totally fixed in place and they can be "off" by 1-2 days some years, and I think that in the 21st century virgo has moved from the 24th to the 23rd. Diana is older than me and born in Europe, so it´s pretty safe to say that she heard she was a leo 99% of the time. If she has had a chart done "many many times" by astrologers then why is Kyle claiming to know better?

Edited by halkatla
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 5/29/2022 at 8:46 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

funny how Erika's life long dream of performing has screeched to a halt, I thought she was so popular and in demand, a multi national super star, I guess her latest hit will be "It's Expensive to Defend Me."

This is too funny not to quote!  
"It's Expensive to Defend Me."    Love it!!!

Re:  Housewives of Dubai.  Can't find a thread on it.  Watched 1 episode, actually made myself sit through it, and promptly deleted all future DVR recordings.  Not a likable one in the bunch.  Caroline Stansbury was awful in "Ladies of London"; she's just as awful here.

Just a ton of overly done, Birkin-bag carrying insecure women.  Oh wait, that's RHBH.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 6/1/2022 at 7:22 PM, Surrealist said:

Still one of the best EVER scenes on this show.

"Let's talk about the husband."

Icing on the cake was Kyle booking it out of the restaurant and running down the street like a spooked horse 🤣🤣

• LOL 6