Type keyword(s) to search

Unexpected: All Episodes Discussion

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, IvySpice said:

Because that's the choice Kylen is making. If she wants to outsource her power to an asshole, she has a right to do that. It's just horrible to watch.

12 hours ago, Chris Knight said:

I am in the minority because I think Emerson's mom and stepdad are right. Mason sits there saying he doesn't want his child around chaos and yelling, but I don't believe Mason himself even has a job. I think Emerson's mom's house is more stable  - maybe not tremendously so, but at least she'd have her own mom there, and she appears to be sober. Emerson is 17 or 18. I was 34 when I had my first and I had literally no idea what I was doing. 

But I agree with the majority,  actually I think we unanimously all hate Jason. I understand from reading here that Kylen has handed over all medical decisions to that bum but can he even make these decisions  ? She's a minor but he's not her guardian and they are not married. Jason's stupidity is appalling. Water usually does not break. They did not arrive too early. Let her get checked and see what's happening. Let her get the damn iv. I can't stand this kid.

Tiarra is so dainty, talking about her breastfeeding mishaps. 

I wonder also how Jason has any legal "authority" regarding Kylen's medical care.

As for the production team of the show, can't one of the producers pull Jason aside and try to talk sense into Kylen about the danger she and her unborn child may possibly be in? They set up scenes and interfere to get storylines--someone, anyone should have called an ambulance, imo.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 5/3/2022 at 8:57 AM, Adiba said:

I wonder also how Jason has any legal "authority" regarding Kylen's medical care.

He doesn't. Kylen is choosing to defer to him.

try to talk sense into Kylen

I want to shake some sense into Kylen, too, but I've had enough experience with people in abusive relationships to know that reasoning with them achieves nothing. That's true even when they love and trust you, never mind if you're just the sound guy. They live on another planet. It doesn't compute.

Edited by IvySpice
  • Love 8

I really want to see Jason get arrested outside the hospital. Kylen is one of those passive people who lets everyone else make her decisions. I fear for that poor baby. But I really think Jason will eventually break up with her and disappear once the reality of parenthood sets in.

I have no sympathy for Emersyn. She's 18 years old. If she doesn't like mom's rules, get a job and move out. Mason's dad comes across as the good guy, but they got pregnant in his house and his wife is a former jailed drug addict. Clearly he's not the best at supervising a situation. I want to know which family is covering the baby's health insurance and all their bills. I'm betting it's Emersyn's mom and step-dad.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

I want to know which family is covering the baby's health insurance and all their bills. I'm betting it's Emersyn's mom and step-dad.

Do we know if Emersyn had a series of stepfathers over her 18 years? Are there various child support orders?  Did Emersyn's mom learn to work "the system" for her and her six children?   

• Love 3
(edited)
22 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I would have called local law enforcement for HELP, explained that I'm a midwife, and FEARFUL of an angry teenager father.

I don't think the police would be able to do anything since he didn't physically hurt her.  In a perfect world, a controlling asshole would be locked up but that's not reality.  Like @IvySpice said, she defers to him, so he calls the shots.  Nothing illegal about that, just nauseating.

5 hours ago, IvySpice said:

He doesn't. Kylen is choosing to defer to him.

I want to shake some sense into Kylen, too, but I've had enough experience with people in abusive relationships to know that reasoning with them achieves nothing. That's true even when they previously loved and trusted you, never mind if you're just the sound guy. They live on another planet. It doesn't compute.

It is like you can see what is happening clear as day and they just cannot see it.  And you can't force them to see it, you just have to wait.  

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 4

Do we know if Emersyn had a series of stepfathers over her 18 years? Are there various child support orders?  Did Emersyn's mom learn to work "the system" for her and her six children?   

Emersyn's childhood may have sucked, but she's an adult now. And her mother was pretty accommodating about the baby. She really only had one rule. If Emersyn wants to live by her own rules, she needs to get her own place. I'm guessing things will eventually go bad at Mason's house. They paint a sunny picture of life over there, but I doubt it's as stable as it appears with the mother just returning from jail. And Emersyn and Mason seem to barely know each other, having met online and living about an hour (I think it was that far?) apart. 

I don't understand why none of these girls seem to be able to figure out birth control. At least use a condom.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:
22 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I would have called local law enforcement for HELP, explained that I'm a midwife, and FEARFUL of an angry teenager father.

I don't think the police would be able to do anything since he didn't physically hurt her.  In a perfect world, a controlling asshole would be locked up but that's not reality.  Like @IvySpicesaid, she defers to him, so he calls the shots.  Nothing illegal about that, just nauseating.

I wouldn't EXPECT law enforcement officers to do anything but show up.  Sometimes showing up is enough.  It sounds, though, like this little jerk has had enough run-ins with the law that he doesn't even bat an eye.   I hope when he gets his commeuppance that it's BIG and we somehow are able to see it happen on TV or YouTube.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Emersyn's childhood may have sucked, but she's an adult now. And her mother was pretty accommodating about the baby. She really only had one rule.

That's what we saw on TV.  The woman has five other kids...there's a lot going on.

I don't understand why none of these girls seem to be able to figure out birth control. At least use a condom.

Boys!  Boys!  For condoms, boys MUST be willing.   I don't think teenagers can be counted on to use any form of birth control consistently.  Since the girls and their families are the ones most likely to be affected physically, emotionally, and financially...perhaps the injectable is the only way to go.

Also, as long as there are television shows that will make little stars of these CHILDREN, they have one more temptation.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I think at least three baby daddies so mom should put a sock in it!  She's no good example!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

If the midwives would have dialed 911 an ambulance would have been called and momma assessed. On to the hospital they would have gone in spite of the loud mouth teen dad!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 5/2/2022 at 4:45 PM, Back Atcha said:

I like that (why didn't they think of that?).   That's not about health care to Kylen or knotty HIPPA laws, that's I or We are afraid of him.  Then let law enforcement take action, and boy, I would have loved to see them deal with Jason (I guess they do next week).

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:
6 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I think at least three baby daddies so mom should put a sock in it!  She's no good example!

Those SELF-RIGHTEOUS, know-it-all poor examples are always entertaining.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I

4 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I wouldn't EXPECT law enforcement officers to do anything but show up.  Sometimes showing up is enough.  It sounds, though, like this little jerk has had enough run-ins with the law that he doesn't even bat an eye.   I hope when he gets his commeuppance that it's BIG and we somehow are able to see it happen on TV or YouTube.

How is he not charged with statutory rape? She is under aged

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Jason was most likely under the age of 18 when Kalen got pregnant.

both minors could be guilty depending on the state 

• Love 1

She's not underaged in New Hampshire. The age of consent in NH is 16, and even if they started having sex when Kylen was under 16, that would still be legal because Jason is only a year older than Kylen.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 5/2/2022 at 11:56 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

He’ll get another slap on the wrist and then feel like he can do anything he wants because he never really gets punished.

But what has he done, really?  According to the article, he was convicted of negligent driving and assessed a fine, and then convicted of driving without a license and assessed a fine.  These punishments sound pretty standard to me.

And the much touted eleven charges from the most recent incident include no felonies--there are four misdemeanors and seven "violations"--things like minor in possession of tobacco. 

And don't get me started on the "This led to physical assault allegations" in that one article.  Sounds really serious, until you realize the "this" is conclusions drawn by TikTok watchers who noticed some holes in a wall.  For all we know, those holes are there because he chose to punch a wall instead of a person.  That would be a good thing, and we have exactly the same amount of "evidence" to support that as we do to support what these TikTok watchers are alleging.

• Love 2
On 5/2/2022 at 10:40 AM, magemaud said:

My guess is that edict came from Jason because that way he could claim she wasn't really in labor....

I also was surprised the midwives allowed her to eat anything in case she needed an emergency caesarean but I guess Jason was calling all the shots. 

I agree with your entire post. I don't know how that midwife put up so long with Jason's nonsense. The minute Kalen and Jason refused the cervix check, I would have phoned any doctor, so he/she could explain how "in the dark" they all were operating.

How is it that not one adult adult stood up to this idiot, reached down and pulled on his testicles for ever contraction, all while saying, "Come on, you're faking it. Just push it out..."

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

I wish kalens parents would have just gone to the birthing center and waited outside. If the midwives knew Kalen's mom was there, they would have let Kalen know, and they would have kept Kalen's mom updated.

I think Jason is sadistic because most people would not refuse help to someone who is clearly suffering. He has no problem complaining about drugs going right to his baby, while he's in the tub with her vaping. Get real

20 hours ago, IvySpice said:

She's not underaged in New Hampshire. The age of consent in NH is 16, and even if they started having sex when Kylen was under 16, that would still be legal because Jason is only a year older than Kylen.

Are you trying to say that he did not break the law because he's a year older than her? I can't agree with that, and I don't think the courts do either.

22 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

If Jason was 16, and kylen was 15, he can still be charged.

• Love 3
On 5/3/2022 at 3:27 PM, AR Traveler said:

I like that (why didn't they think of that?).   That's not about health care to Kylen or knotty HIPPA laws, that's I or We are afraid of him.  Then let law enforcement take action, and boy, I would have loved to see them deal with Jason (I guess they do next week).

I would just love to see Jason's own father stand up to him, end the abusive hold he has over kaylen (which he wouldn't have if his parents would quit giving him $$), and then tell his son to move out since he knows so much about the world. I want Jason gone - he's a potential threat to that newborn's life.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Chalby said:

Are you trying to say that he did not break the law because he's a year older than her? I can't agree with that, and I don't think the courts do either.

It is this way in at least a few states. If one of them is not that much older than a minor (close in age exemption), it is not a crime. I think there has to be more than 4 years difference in age.

https://www.rainn.org/laws-your-state-new-hampshire

• Useful 1
On 5/4/2022 at 10:58 AM, StatisticalOutlier said:

But what has he done, really?  According to the article, he was convicted of negligent driving and assessed a fine, and then convicted of driving without a license and assessed a fine.  These punishments sound pretty standard to me.

And the much touted eleven charges from the most recent incident include no felonies--there are four misdemeanors and seven "violations"--things like minor in possession of tobacco. 

And don't get me started on the "This led to physical assault allegations" in that one article.  Sounds really serious, until you realize the "this" is conclusions drawn by TikTok watchers who noticed some holes in a wall.  For all we know, those holes are there because he chose to punch a wall instead of a person.  That would be a good thing, and we have exactly the same amount of "evidence" to support that as we do to support what these TikTok watchers are alleging.

I just want the little shitass to get some karma!  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 5/4/2022 at 6:52 PM, Chalby said:

Yes, that's what I'm saying, because that's the law in New Hampshire. These "Romeo and Juliet" laws are a common exception to statutory rape laws. The laws in those states are designed to prevent exploitation of teens by older people with more power, rather than to block teenage romance. But even if Jason were 50 years older than Kylen, at 16, she had the right in NH to consent to sex with any adult of any age.

• Useful 1
On 5/2/2022 at 8:16 AM, configdotsys said:

Before I read the luscious snark that's surely going to brighten my morning:

I fast forward past the baby factory family. No interest in the assorted drama going on there.

Lilly and Lawrence: "What do you do all day?" If I was on a jury of a woman accused of snapping and killing her husband when he asked her that question in the tone that Lawrence used, I'd have a hard time convicting. The clip looked cut up a bit but when he came in from work, it did not look like he acknowledged Aliyah at all. Way to go, Mr. Authority. Nice message to send. Their cohabitation is going to be just a wonderful thing to watch unfold here.

About a year or two ago, I read this book that I highly recommend called The Death of Expertise. The premise is that no one is allowed to be an authority anymore. About anything. If someone in this group is an attorney and says, "I know your best friend slept with your boyfriend, but that does not free you from having to pay her back the $50 that you borrowed from her and said you'd pay," someone coming along and saying, "Well, I just feel like that's bullshit," the idea is that their view is just as valid as the lawyer's. Here is a quote from the book:

“It is a new Declaration of Independence: No longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that aren’t true. All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.”

This is a real attitude and the poster boy for this is Jason. He knows nothing, yet knows everything.  He was vicious and cruel in the birthing center. On another note: why didn't Kylen want them to see how dilated she was? What on earth was that all about? How would the midwives know what instructions to give her if they have no clue what is going on?

I think the people at the birthing center should have called the ambulance because it was their duty to do that if a person there is in danger. Letting her leave that facility with the guy that was calling the shots, while she bawled in pain and could very well have passed out, didn't seem like the right thing for them to do. 

I cannot stand Jason. I saw the video on YT of that guy giving them money and stuff and he came across a bit different there, but in this show, he is nothing but a vile, disgusting piece of shit abuser and Kylen is a total doormat. I wonder if he hits her. Why would Kylen accept what he says with no pushback. Because she's afraid. My question is what is she afraid of? That he will be mad at her? Yell at her? Or beat her?

I am liking Emersyn more each week. She defintely has a snot quality but I hate her mother even more. I get the whole "my house, my rules" thing but there is something about her mother that just is nails on a chalkboard. They're not having sex. He's there to help her with his baby too. I think under those conditions, mom needs to back off some. Her pearl clutching about the boyfriend's mom was just high dramatics rather than geniuine concern. You can tell that she expects to be right about everything and for Emersyn to hang on her every word and opinion. She's not. The boyfriend's father seems the most stable person in the bunch. Emersyn's step father is very like whipped.

Maybe my first post ever but i wanted to say that The Death of Expertise is on its way to my house and my stack of books I’d like to read before I die!! I only skimmed over the author explaining how and why people think their opinions hold as much weight as subjects with 20 or more yesrs of research makes me remember being 8 years old and saying “because I said so” and with no Google in 1967 I couldn’t be easily proven wrong. But I see that behavior everywhere today and now i know there’s a reason why people show their stupidity and think it’s true just because that’s what they think. Oh my. I seriously need thst book. I just thought people were becoming more stupid by the day but I didn’t understand why!! Thanks  for the book recommendation!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 5/4/2022 at 7:52 PM, Chalby said:

I wish kalens parents would have just gone to the birthing center and waited outside. If the midwives knew Kalen's mom was there, they would have let Kalen know, and they would have kept Kalen's mom updated.

I think Jason is sadistic because most people would not refuse help to someone who is clearly suffering. He has no problem complaining about drugs going right to his baby, while he's in the tub with her vaping. Get real

That is true but apparently in NH it is only a misdemeanor.  Here's what I got from Wikipedia:

New Hampshire

The age of consent in New Hampshire is 16. Sexual penetration with a person at least 13 but younger than 16 years old is always illegal, but is only a misdemeanor if the age difference is under 4 years, and in that case the "offender" is not required to register as a sex offender. Sexual contact (without penetration) is legal between those 13–15 years of age and partners less than 5 years older. However, if the partner is acting "in loco parentis", e.g. as a teacher or a guardian, the minimum age is 18. NH Criminal code Section 632-A:3 and Section 632-A:2 Section 632-A:4

• Useful 1

Tiarra is afraid to say no to Ella regarding the baby, as she doesn't want to hurt her feelings? So when it came time to retrieve the baby from her, she wouldn't let go...nice. Layla is still slapping and punching people in their heads, so she isn't being said no to much either it looks like. The grandmother did say no hitting, but Layla kept on screaming and hitting anyway. Another generation of teen pregnancies coming up from girls who are raised with no boundaries it looks like. Tyra sure had a sour looking face sitting between her mother and sister. Looks like she doesn't like it when she isn't the main attraction. 

• Love 5
On 5/2/2022 at 5:39 PM, Back Atcha said:

From something online called "TVSHOWSACE."   "Prior to the show beginning, Jason had been making TikToks. It appeared his wall had holes punched into them. This led to physical assault allegations and, according to Starcasm, it has only gotten worse. The now-father of baby Xavier has been arrested three times. More than that, he has eleven pending charges. Viewers may have seen him get arrested at the hospital while Kylen was in labor last August. Yes, he was causing trouble in the delivery room but that is not why he ended up getting arrested. He actually had an outstanding warrant.

"It seems to have started in March 2019 when he was charged with reckless driving. Though it was changed to negligent driving, a guilty verdict was handed down in November 2019. He was again arrested in July 2021 for driving with a revoked/suspended license. Fast forward to March 2022 and a warrant had been placed for Jason’s arrest. He was actually physically arrested in February of this year with 11 charges. They include:

• Disobeying an Officer
  • Aggravated DUI
  • Reckless Operation

From my social worker daughter, who works in level 1 trauma, that's the reason Jayson didn't want the hospital - he feared he would be arrested.

• Useful 7
  • Love 1
On 5/2/2022 at 9:57 PM, configdotsys said:

There was one point, I believe when they visited the birthing center maybe, that someone asked Kylen who here doctor was and she was completely clueless and had no idea what she was being asekd

IIRC, the midwife asked her who her “pediatrician” was and Kylen  thought she was being asked about her own doctor, not who she was going to use for the baby. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 5/2/2022 at 1:51 PM, winsomeone said:

Why is Jason in charge of any medical care that Kalen gets? They are not married, she is under age, and at 18, isn't he too for medical purposes? Some states require a person to be 21 to sign for a medical procedure..until that age, they still see a pediatrician.

In SC once you are pregnant you can no longer see a pediatrician. Not sure in their state. 

• Useful 1
(edited)
On 5/4/2022 at 7:52 PM, Chalby said:

<snip>

No. That's incorrect (Boldface mine):

"What is the New Hampshire Age of Consent?

The New Hampshire Age of Consent is 16 years old. In the United States, the age of consent is the minimum age at which an individual is considered legally old enough to consent to participation in sexual activity. Individuals aged 15 or younger in New Hampshire are not legally able to consent to sexual activity, and such activity may result in prosecution for statutory rape.

New Hampshire statutory rape law is violated when a person has consensual sexual intercourse with an individual under age 16. A close in age exemption exists for partners who are less than 3 years apart, and only when the younger party is older than 13 but younger than 16. If the older partner is acting in ""Loco Parentis"" to the younger party (For example, a teacher), then the age of consent is raised to 18.

New Hampshire has a close-in-age exemption. A close in age exemption, also known as "Romeo and Juliet law", is designed to prevent the prosecution of underage couples who engage in consensual sex when both participants are significantly close in age to each other, and one or both are below the age of consent.

Depending on the situation, the New Hampshire close-in-age exemption may completely exempt qualifying close-in-age couples from the age of consent law, or merely provide a legal defence that can be used in the event of prosecution."

Age of Consent Laws by State: New Hampshire

Edited to add on 5/8/22 at 10:32 pm EDT:

If you have a chance, take a look at the Age of Consent Laws by State website. 27 of 50 states have "close in age" exemptions, but they aren't all the same.

Connecticut's age of consent is 16. But their "Romeo and Juliet law" is very different than New Hampshire's (boldface mine):

"Children over age 13 may consent to sexual activity so long as the person is not 3 or more years older. Children under age 13 may legally consent to sexual activity with partners who are less than 2 years older."

Age of Consent Laws by State: Connecticut

Edited by TwirlyGirly
Added additional info marked "Edited to add"
  • Useful 2

I cannot BELIEVE Jason is whining that the hospital only cares about Kylen and not him, and thank God, the nurse is listening to Kylen and not Jason. And he's so dumb and ignorant about how it all works but he's ready to run his mouth. I would love an MD to give him a smackdown. 

• Love 15
(edited)

I get Erica has rules and it’s her house, but I think she’s looking for any excuse.  She’s way too judgmental.  Mason seems a little clueless and space cadet-ish but I think Erica is overdramatizing his behavior and making it a personal affront. ETA she gives me Mama Plath vibes.  Like maybe she was wild and crazy and now she’s going to live the straight and narrow and insist her kids do too instead of getting some therapy.

Waiting for Palmtreehead’s arrest

Edited by For Cereals
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, HulaTallula said:

I cannot BELIEVE Jason is whining that the hospital only cares about Kylen and not him, and thank God, the nurse is listening to Kylen and not Jason. And he's so dumb and ignorant about how it all works but he's ready to run his mouth. I would love an MD to give him a smackdown. 

Is anyone else screaming at the tv (at Jason).  Jesus Christ.  This is why teenagers should NOT HAVE BABIES (I know some make it through).  This girl is a HOSTAGE to Jason. I don't understand because her father seems a good Dad (her mother?  not so much - I can see Kylen in her).  My nerves are so bad and I have NOTHING invested, but i feel so bad for Kylen who gets no support.  and I live in New England.  Jason will get his due (not from me, but after seeing this?.. someone will come after him for better or worse.)

• Love 10

Emerson’s  mother is dealing with a young adult, not a child. She refuses to make the shift in her head and treats her like a child.  Emerson refuses to engage because her mother must always be right. Emerson’s taking her chances at Mateo’s house and hoping to  get some help from him with the baby.  She’s not wrong.  She knows what to expect at home, so she’s got to try something different.  Hopefully she won’t get pregnant again any time soon.   

• Love 8
On 5/6/2022 at 11:25 AM, applewood said:

That is true but apparently in NH it is only a misdemeanor.  Here's what I got from Wikipedia:

New Hampshire

The age of consent in New Hampshire is 16. Sexual penetration with a person at least 13 but younger than 16 years old is always illegal, but is only a misdemeanor if the age difference is under 4 years, and in that case the "offender" is not required to register as a sex offender. Sexual contact (without penetration) is legal between those 13–15 years of age and partners less than 5 years older. However, if the partner is acting "in loco parentis", e.g. as a teacher or a guardian, the minimum age is 18. NH Criminal code Section 632-A:3 and Section 632-A:2 Section 632-A:4

Thank you for posting this because the penetration vs no penetration caveats weren't mentioned in the source I used.

I found a very interesting case write-up on Slate in which this part of the New Hampshire Age of Consent law was pertinent.  

I think it explains it quite well:

The Odd Sexual-Consent Law That Explains the Bizarre Owen Labrie Verdict

Although it was stressful to watch the hospital scene, it’s even more distressing to see the Interviews with them still together.  Ugh.  He’s legit The Worst Gaslighter  and she needs therapy ASAP!  

• Love 13
(edited)

Am I wrong about this? Because I really want to say to Kylen now, not Jason: If you're not going to let the hospital do what the hospital does at a time like this, then don't go to the hospital? These people are working. This little pseudo Bonnie and Clyde act is not cute. If they don't do what they can in this situation and the baby is injured or dies, they're in deep shit. Next time stay home and have the baby and don't involve other people in your juvenile crap. But if something goes wrong with the baby in the process, it's on you.

Sorry, but I'm pretty much just as pissed at Kylen now for acting like the hospital did her wrong as I am at Jason.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Useful 1
  • Love 19

Jason acting like he's father of the year, missing the birth.  Bullshit.  It's about his not be able to control the situation. He's a dick boyfriend and it could be even worse with him as a father.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

Am I wrong about this? Because I really want to say to Kylen now, not Jason: If you're not going to let the hospital do what the hospital does at a time like this, then don't go to the hospital? These people are working. This little Bonnie and Clyde act is not cute. If they don't do what they can in this situation and the baby is injured or dies, they're in deep shit. Next time stay home and have the baby and don't involve other people in your juvenile crap. 

Sorry, but I'm pretty much just as pissed t Kylen now as I am at Jason.

I get it, but he’s so in her head if she doesn’t act like she wants him there, she knows how bad it will be when she gets home. I don’t think she doesn’t want them to do their jobs, I think she’s that scared of him.

• Love 9
(edited)
8 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

No. That's incorrect (Boldface mine

"What is the New Hampshire Age of Consent

New Hampshire statutory rape law is violated when a person has consensual sexual intercourse with an individual under age 16. A close in age exemption exists for partners who are less than 3 years apart, and only when the younger party is older than 13 but younger than 16. If the older partner is acting in ""Loco Parentis"" to the younger party (For example, a teacher), then the age of consent is raised to 18.

New Hampshire has a close-in-age exemption. A close in age exemption, also known as "Romeo and Juliet law", is designed to prevent the prosecution of underage couples who engage in consensual sex when both participants are significantly close in age to each other, and one or both are below the age of consent...

Thank you for this. I was also led to believe if the consenting "couple" is within 2 years of each other, and the 15 year old doesn't want to press charges, it won't become an issue (although legal guardians can demand a charge.)

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 1

Kylen is so frightened to death of Jason, that it's not funny.  He makes her feel like crap every chance he gets.   "Drug addict!" "It's your fault that the hospital threw me out."  Wow.  That she is still with him is cause for concern.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, For Cereals said:

I get it, but he’s so in her head if she doesn’t act like she wants him there, she knows how bad it will be when she gets home. I don’t think she doesn’t want them to do their jobs, I think she’s that scared of him.

Watch her facial expressions and body ;language during their talking heads on the couch. She’s already had the baby, yet she’s still afraid to bring things up because she knows she’ll get verbally and emotionally abused, if not physically as well. His parents raised a psychopath and her parents raised a Charles Manson acolyte. It is so terribly disturbing.

• Love 13