Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E09: Lucas' Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Lima Bean said:

I feel personally attacked by the people turning into their parents commercials.

I want the snacks. If you try to take them from me, there might be an incident.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
7 minutes ago, mk828 said:

Shocked there has been no Dr. Paradise this week. Especially with his depression

He doesn't need to write a letter to an estranged or dead parent, his entire family lives on a compound within a stone's throw away from his shack with an outdoor shower he couldn't fit in. He needs a remodel.

Edited by LEILANI2
  • LOL 8
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

(hanging head in shame) I don't wear Uggs but I do have a couple of pair of the cheap knockoffs. #oldladyfeet

But I don't wear those big white sneakers that old folks favor. Yet, anyway. 

DEAD

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Ha!! you  better go.  I was at a SuperTarget yesterday looking for a replacement for my late crockpot; almost all the Christmas stuff was already gone and valentines were being put out.  the crockpots were also gone

I love my crockpot. When it dies, I am going to give it a proper funeral.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

Pepper, you get a pass UNLESS you also wear UGGS!!!

I have UGGS!  In my defense, I have the lace up ones with the wrap-around bottoms that look like winter work boots, not the weird stovepipe ones. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Awfarmington said:

You’re spot on and your grandchild is lucky to have supportive extended family ❤️

I have 5 children. We did a combination of public, homeschool, and private. In the end, private school was the best fit for our family dynamics. Each one has advantages and disadvantages, but in hindsight, we would have done private school for every child if we had a do over. 

That being said, I think there is a stigma attached to homeschooling. There are definitely lazy families who make the rest look bad. Example- We knew a family where there son could hardly read and write…he was in 3rd grade at that time and no known learning disabilities. 

Another example. I worked for a women who left her career to stay home and homeschool her 3 children. They were learning Latin before they were old enough to enter kindergarten. She also valued Bible class, teaching her children basic life skills that  public schools lack. They traveled frequently, and had unschooling days in the form of field trips. They’re now all grown, functional, successful adults. 

In my experience, there are as many examples of successes and failures with traditionally schooled children. 

Ooh! I was so busy planning when I could teach him about the Constitution, I hadn't thought of Latin. I had 2 yrs of Latin in prep school. I'm one of those people who enjoy and easily learn other languages (Latin, Spanish, Mandarin, Danish, German, Old English). I bet I could teach Latin. Cool! 'Gallia est omnis divisa in partes tres,' homie!  

Edited by aliya
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, sagittarius sue said:

Neither have we in the Twin Cities area, although the northern part of the state has gotten clobbered.  It's a good thing for them though

Yes. The BWCA needs water for my trip next summer.

I'm sad the trainer isn't wearing a tank top. (So I'm shallow...I can live with that.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

I have UGGS!  In my defense, I have the lace up ones with the wrap-around bottoms that look like winter work boots, not the weird stovepipe ones. 

That's good, Suzywriter, because the weird stovepipe ones are suitable only for 4 year old girls!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I always brought snacks on the plane. Airport snacks are way too expensive 

I brought my paper ticket and delicious snacks. I’m trying to be vegan so I usually carry my own snacks.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

She's on the prowl for a new mate!

Well, someone has to take over homeschooling her kids. 

3 minutes ago, Awfarmington said:

Yes! My weird feet and toes do best with supportive thongs (flips flops). I don’t love the aesthetics of crocs, as they’re not anything you can wear with a cute outfit. But I’m at the age where my feet are more important than fashion, and Crocs Kadee Flip Flops provide the most comfort. I have about 4 pair I alternate. Also, I throw them in the washing machine with warm water and they hold up great! 

I have the Crocs that look like cute flats. Well, if you squint and tilt your head a little. Either way, I am cultivating my Quirky Eccentric Old Lady persona, so I figure my footwear can be a bit funky. I have crazy red hair and big pink glasses and wear a lot of scarves and paint my toenails blue and swear a lot. 

1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Aka FUGGS (Fake Uggs).

You got me bang to rights, Auntie!

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Lima Bean said:

For cute, comfy shoes, look up Bzees or Baretraps. I can’t wear flat shoes any more because of bad ankles, and those brands are stylish, comfortable, and machine washable.

You got my attention with "machine washable".  After 10 years in Maine, I no longer can wear my fabulous heels and Kenneth Cole Reaction platforms; Maine's sprawling infrastructure, lack of sidewalks and appalling weather forced me into burly stomping hikers and boots all winter, and flip flops for the 18 hours of Summer.  I now have walrus-like flippers instead of adorable girly feet, and have been known to wear long underwear instead of tights with a skirt. Sigh.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

I'm picky. I like knowing I'll have something I can eat just in case.

I knew someone whose parents had to make an emergency landing on tiny island in the Pacific on a flight from Japan to the US. They were stuck there for almost a day, and snacks were going for a premium. I’m not going to be stuck without snacks.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Lima Bean said:

I brought my paper ticket and delicious snacks. I’m trying to be vegan so I usually carry my own snacks.

I carry snacks because I like my money. $3.95 for a single serve bag of Ruffles? I think not. 

• Love 7
Just now, nokat said:

Do not hang your head in shame, I wear Crocs.

I live in huaraches.  I do wear white running shoes when I go to Costco because my feet do not enjoy walking on their floor 

He was a bit boring, but pretty successful so far. and he has a job.

Til next time, if there is a next time.

• Love 7
Just now, OoogleEyes said:

But they're so coooooooozy! 😫😫😫

Why do we end up talking about comfy shoes and socks on this forum? I see a pattern here

A sign that the episode is not exciting?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Never thought I would say (especially given the last two seasons), but he peaked too soon!!!  Though nothing really happened before, nothing really happened after.  I don't even know what  I am saying anymore.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I pretty much missed the episode and the chat because of the stupid Microsoft sending us for an endless loop - with a new computer, to sign into every service, you have to verify your account, which in my Mom's case requires another Microsoft account, and another.  An hour and a half to set up sckype, and only by miracle that we had an alternate recovery address to one of the e-mails.  Yuck.  Otherwise, how are we supposed to answer security questions like 'what are the last six e-mails you sent from that account' when that account belonged to my Dad who passed away in 2015???

I am glad this guy did well and lost weight, though it doesn't look like he is much smaller yet.  I hope he continues to do well, I will try to watch either the episode as is in the next couple days, or the supersized version next Thursday...  and of course read the chat thread as I watch!

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, LEILANI2 said:

This is mean but he's still huge. You need to be walking every day when you're not at the gym. 

This. And all these pounders have dogs and live in the burbs. Having a dog forces me to walk even when I absolutely don’t want to, but I’m grateful for the exercise.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

But they're so coooooooozy! 😫😫😫

Why do we end up talking about comfy shoes and socks on this forum? I see a pattern here

My socks have cute buffalos on them.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1