Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: A House Divided

• Start Topic

Separated from the church, Heather meets with her estranged sister to make amends. Whitney feels blindsided when Mary's late night gifting results in a renewed friendship with Lisa. And when the group gathers to hash out their grievances before heading home, a heated argument divides the ladies, leaving two behind in Vail.

Airdate: 12/05/2021

"Mary's late night gifting" - this has me giggling and I don't know why!

• LOL 4

Gifting Louis Vuitton and Christian Loubouton’s (spelled wrong), this is maybe why they are staying friends with Mary.

Why does Whitney care so much about being friends with Mary. Mary is a terrible and shady person.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Gifting Louis Vuitton and Christian Loubouton’s (spelled wrong), this is maybe why they are staying friends with Mary.

Why does Whitney care so much about being friends with Mary. Mary is a terrible and shady person.

I wondered if those gifts were purchased with tithe money from her church members.

Or~~

Were they re-gifts from Mary's closet?  That's what it sounded like in her talking head after giving Jennie the Louboutins.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I wondered if those gifts were purchased with tithe money from her church members.

Or~~

Were they re-gifts from Mary's closet?  That's what it sounded like in her talking head after giving Jennie the Louboutins.  

I think both. The shoes looked like they have never been worn. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

Everyone sucked up to Mary to keep the peace, and also because flying commercial is torture. 

I haven’t watched S1, so I’m finding it hard to figure out everyone’s relationships. The previews suggest that Heather and Whitney are the only real friends on this show. Even soft-spoken and quiet Jennie gets astronomically pissed off at some point.

Mary obviously wasn’t prepared for Heather actually apologizing to her, and since that ruined her plan of having a big temper tantrum, she just sulked off by saying “You’re weird”. She’s very childlike, when she’s not making questionable comments about Mexicans, and it’s kind of frightening

• Love 20
54 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

I can’t believe how stupid these women are believing Mary’s BS. Except for Whitney and Heather who were smart enough to leave. Hope Heather remembered to take her almost 6k LV purse. 

I seriously don't understand it, either.  I mean I actually do not understand because Mary was making absolutely NO sense with her responses/arguments.  That was some of the most convoluted bullshit I have ever heard, and I've watched all the Housewives franchises and have heard some crazy stuff.

She's crazy.

Whitney and Heather were smart, but I feel that the gift should have been returned.  I wonder if Mary was buying silence with those gifts.  I also wonder how she determined who got what - there was a big price differential between the four gifts.

Mary's a bullshitter - she had NO intention of giving Whitney a gift ever, otherwise, she wouldn't have said to Heather that it wasn't the time to talk about the gifts.  Whitney was hurt, and I don't blame her.  

Again, I feel like those gifts are going to be used as bargaining chips somewhere down the line, especially with the childish way Mary rationalizes things.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 24
4 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I seriously don't understand it, either.  I mean I actually do not understand because Mary was making absolutely NO sense with her responses/arguments.  That was some of the most convoluted bullshit I have ever heard, and I've watched all the Housewives franchises and have heard some crazy stuff.

She's crazy.

Whitney and Heather were smart, but I feel that the gift should have been returned.  I wonder if Mary was buying silence with those gifts.  I also wonder how she determined who got what - there was a big price differential between the four gifts.

Mary's a bullshitter - she had NO intention of giving Whitney a gift ever, otherwise, she wouldn't have said to Heather that it wasn't the time to talk about the gifts.  Whitney was hurt, and I don't blame her.  

Again, I feel like those gifts are going to be used as bargaining chips somewhere down the line, especially with the childish way Mary rationalizes things.

going on a confessional and saying that she had no intention of giving her those shoes and it was only to lighten her luggage .... NOT a cute look did she not think this woman would see this? 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, JakeyJokes said:

Everyone sucked up to Mary to keep the peace, and also because flying commercial is torture. 

I haven’t watched S1, so I’m finding it hard to figure out everyone’s relationships. The previews suggest that Heather and Whitney are the only real friends on this show. Even soft-spoken and quiet Jennie gets astronomically pissed off at some point.

Mary obviously wasn’t prepared for Heather actually apologizing to her, and since that ruined her plan of having a big temper tantrum, she just sulked off by saying “You’re weird”. She’s very childlike, when she’s not making questionable comments about Mexicans, and it’s kind of frightening

Season 1:  Meredith and Lisa were friends, which is why people have a hard time telling them apart 😄. Jen and Mary hated each other - according to them because Mary told Jen she "smelled like hospital" right after Jen's aunt died in a hospital.  Jen was a crazy bitch to almost everyone at some point, and the season ended (before the reunion) with them all going to some psychic who exposed that they all hated her, except for Heather who for some reason was always crawling up her butt.  Jen thought she was friends with Meredith, but when she went to Meredith's house she kicked her legs in the air, leading Meredith's smarmy HW-wannabe son Brooks Marks to tell the audience that he saw Jen's vagina and it was gross, which led to the social media feud and Meredith's current hatred of Jen.  (I happen to be Team Jen in that particular fight.) Whitney kept to her own story with her addict "in recovery" dad, although I believe she pissed Jen off at some point too.  Also Lisa said something about Heather being a "good time girl" in college, which angered Heather because she was not one in college, although she'd love to be one now, and embarrassed herself several times trying to "flirt" with men, and doing it badly. Jennie is new this season.

Mary is completely nuts and I don't like her, but I kind of believed her in her rant tonight - she "inherited" that position when she was a child (I'd say she was groomed for it, from marrying step-grandpa to disowning mom to her bullying preaching style that she learned, also as a child) so I think she is sincere in her misguided faith, and what she does in that "church".  She does seem to have money from other sources, but the church is there, in their minds, to earn points with God by serving the "pastors".  Remember that her grandma had the parishioners spending all of their free time acting as unpaid maids/handymen in her mansion.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I 100% believe that gifting those items (which she admitted she had in her closet, not purchased with the ladies in mind) was a ploy to get the women on her side.

I think Whitney feels betrayed because she has been the closest to Mary up until this point and Mary just pulled the rug out from under her.  It hits close to home when you've invested time and attention in someone who you thought was your friend.  Logically, Whitney can see Mary for who she is, but she is responding to the hurt she feels about the betrayal.

• Love 23

Meredith is so stupid. Why is she ride or die for Mary it’s weird.

The only ones I really like right now are Heather and Whitney. Whitney actually gets what’s going down with the bs and so does Heather. The other ladies are just fucked. 

Lisa is probably the worst shit stirrer ever.

Jennie meh who cares really.

Mary is fucking insane. She is obviously a huge scammer she def thinks she’s god. She obviously also clearly thinks she’s better then other ppl. Her chubby comment was pretty telling. Her church is fucked but churches always get away with shit. So Mary will prob never go down. She makes me sick tho. 

• Love 21

Didn’t Jen accuse Mary of being racist last season for saying she wouldn’t go into a store if black people are standing outside of it? And tonight, the Mexican and chubby comments. Wow.  What is she teaching at this ‘church?’  She’s vile. 

Everyone sees Lisa for who she is, and she can’t handle it. Starts fake crying, yelling cliches about ‘go ahead-run away! That’s what you do!’ Lol I haven’t heard that in a fight since I was a teenager. She ran right to Mary, not to ‘process’ but to cover her ass for spilling the Cameron beans. She and Meredith (why tho??) totally threw Heather and Whitney under the bus. Heather fell apart like Lisa hoped, but Whitney held her own.  Had to laugh at the shot of Heather when Mary said she wanted her purse back. You know Heather’s keeping that bag haha

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14

Lisa is just as bad if not worse than Jen. Mary is just nasty and delusional but we all knew that from the word go.

If Meredith has true disdain for Jen, she's going to have to cut Lisa loose soon, too. Or she's going to reach hypocrite status. Lisa is awful and I'm sure twice as bad as Jennifer Shah ever was. 

Heather and Whitney are the only ones willing to be even half honest here. Meredith just can't get past her Jen hate. 

• Love 11

Who packs their bags with shoes in their box, never been worn just happens to be Jennie's size shoes in a box, new LV bags or whatever she gifted Heather and the other HW, she probably had something for everyone just in case she needed to bribe them and I am sure there was nothing for Whitney.

I for one would have never guessed that Whitney would be the one to make sense of what was going on with Mary and be the voice of reason, it's shocking.

• Love 19
12 hours ago, rlc said:

Lisa is a straight up lying, shit stirring, two faced bitch.

Mary is insane, and she’s vile. I fully believe that she’s a cult leader, as well as racist, and straight up mean.

Meredith needs to separate herself from Lisa.

Jenny likes her new shoes.

Heather and Whitney are the brains of this show. God help them all.

Agree with this assessment except I think Meredith is getting off easy.

She has proven to be fake, phony and histrionic this season. She accepted Jen’s apology and subsequently has used every opportunity to trash her. She is clearly still angry at Jen and never had any intention of moving on from that apology. The whole exercise was fake on her part. I think Jen genuinely believed they were moving forward. I also can’t with the overdramatics from Meredith. For someone who was presented as the “ice queen” last season, she sure has thin skin this season. She and her family were brutalized by Jen? Brutalized by mean text messages and comments on social media? She treats Brooks likes he’s 12 and fragile. Maybe he is mentally fragile because she is over-the-top protective. Finally, of all the people to defend, she defends Mary? Mary is awful. She thinks everyone of these ladies is beneath her. I bet Mary has grifted as many or more people than Jen, and for even more money. 

• Love 21

14 hours ago, princelina said:

Mary is completely nuts and I don't like her, but I kind of believed her in her rant tonight - she "inherited" that position when she was a child (I'd say she was groomed for it, from marrying step-grandpa to disowning mom to her bullying preaching style that she learned, also as a child) so I think she is sincere in her misguided faith, and what she does in that "church".  She does seem to have money from other sources, but the church is there, in their minds, to earn points with God by serving the "pastors".  Remember that her grandma had the parishioners spending all of their free time acting as unpaid maids/handymen in her mansion.  

The thing is, she wasn't groomed, she manipulated herself into that "inherited" position.  Her mom was supposed to marry gramps (eww) and Mary saw an opportunity to get in there and get the money and the power.  Then she shut her mom out.  What a crazy f-ing family.  

2 hours ago, Arynm said:

If I was Heather I would take that gift, sage the shit out of it and wear it with pride. No take backs Mary!!

I find Mary to be deeply unkind and I have no idea why any one of these women would want to be friends with her. She has openly said that she thinks Jen is a thug Mexican, that black people in front of the 7 11 scare her and that Heather is chubby. What I think is almost worse is that not ONE of the ladies that heard her say this checked her on it. Not one said that's not nice or anything, they just let it pass. That's gross and should not be ignored.  My mom would say "when someone shows you who they are, believe them" It's pretty clear who she is. Little miss "born into money" doesn't give her a pass to be an asshole.

Lisa is the ultimate shit stirrer and if she owned it she would be amazing. The way she does it right now makes her messy.

Right?  When she was saying that mexicans make drugs or whatever the f (???) no one said, "what the hell are you talking about?"  They are all afraid of her.  Is it because they are afraid to upset God?  Or what is actually going on?

Lisa is really bad at shit-stirring because she thinks she is so good at it.  She thinks we don't see it.  

• Love 20
17 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I can’t believe how stupid these women are believing Mary’s BS. Except for Whitney and Heather who were smart enough to leave. Hope Heather remembered to take her almost 6k LV purse. 

Whitney was very calm and direct when she spoke to Mary and Lisa. They were the ones freaking out and trying to turn it back onto Whitney and Heather. That was some grade a gaslighting, making it seem like those two were the bad guys. And good for Heather for saying that nobody was being honest because everyone was afraid of Mary. Also, I'm pretty sure Mary said she's taking back the purse when she walked into Heather's room. I would have not gotten on the plane with them either.

17 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Mary throwing out a racist dig and calling someone chubby yea sounds like something Jesus would do 

This. This just shows us exactly who Mary is. I don't understand why Meredith is going so hard for her. Is it just because she hates Jen that much? Jen and Mary are both incredibly awful. Meredith, I was liking you, I'm going to need you to see Mary for what she truly is.

• Love 17

This episode was a mess. They were all talking about Mary and Jen and then deny it or "I was only repeating what was said". Lisa is two-faced, how can she believe both Mary and Cameron?

It gave me a headache but I can finally tell Lisa and Meredith apart, so there's that.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4

To me, Whitney is the break out star this season. Heather has always been and continues to be the top star. The rest can take a leap out of that PJ and land on Jen. 

Edited by tvfanatic13
Because Whitney is awesome and is NOT Meredith!
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, Pi237 said:

She and Meredith (why tho??) totally threw Heather and Whitney under the bus. 

6 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Meredith just can't get past her Jen hate. 

Asked and answered!  The enemy of her enemy is her friend I guess.

5 hours ago, Arynm said:

I find Mary to be deeply unkind and I have no idea why any one of these women would want to be friends with her. She has openly said that she thinks Jen is a thug Mexican, that black people in front of the 7 11 scare her and that Heather is chubby. What I think is almost worse is that not ONE of the ladies that heard her say this checked her on it. Not one said that's not nice or anything, they just let it pass. That's gross and should not be ignored. 

And I did see Lisa's eyes kind of pop when she said the Mexican thing, which means she knows it's not right but was not willing to say anything.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, princelina said:

Asked and answered!  The enemy of her enemy is her friend I guess.

And I did see Lisa's eyes kind of pop when she said the Mexican thing, which means she knows it's not right but was not willing to say anything.

Lisa responded to a follower on Twitter that the Mexican comment gets discussed later and that she wasn’t cool with it.

• Useful 12
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

Lisa responded to a follower on Twitter that the Mexican comment gets discussed later and that she wasn’t cool with it.

It should have been discussed right then and there, along with the "chubby" comment about Heather.  What are all these women so afraid of?  Are they believing Mary's tagline about sending Jesus after them?

• LOL 4
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, njbchlover said:

It should have been discussed right then and there, along with the "chubby" comment about Heather.  What are all these women so afraid of?  Are they believing Mary's tagline about sending Jesus after them?

They just might be!

Spoiler

I have heard that Lisa's friend Cameron has since passed away.  Very sad news, but I wonder if Mary is spinning this to her advantage. I wouldn't put it past her, with that tag line.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Who packs their bags with shoes in their box, never been worn just happens to be Jennie's size shoes in a box, new LV bags or whatever she gifted Heather and the other HW, she probably had something for everyone just in case she needed to bribe them and I am sure there was nothing for Whitney.

I for one would have never guessed that Whitney would be the one to make sense of what was going on with Mary and be the voice of reason, it's shocking.

Those gifts from Mary ?

BRIBES.

What did they total ? About $10K ?

This is cannot be the first time she has ever done this in her interpersonal relationships.

So she schlepped all those gifts along on this trip in anticipation of needing to bribe. Interesting.

Pre-planned gaslighting.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Useful 4
  • Love 13

Also, a nod to Whitney.  When JenShah asked her to turn her mic off, Whitney scrambled and did so without a word. This episode, when Heather said she still couldn't find a Valentino clutch Whitney without pause said "I will help you go look for it" - like ride or die, all in. That's a friend!

• Love 24
7 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Mary's "gifts" came from people tithing money to the church. Sickening. Full stop. 

That is all I could think of when I saw her "largesse". 

Same thing I thought when Jen Shah was buying the jewelry from money stolen from old people who needed money for food and shelter.

Granted everything in my being despises "preachers" like Mary who suck money from their generally poor flock. I don't quite understand why people are attracted to these kinds of wealthy preachers but then I don't understand the culture of admiring people like many social influencers who are admirable merely for being rich and spending money lavishly. So I guess there is an element of Social Darwinism involved where her parishioners think that Mary's wealth is based on god's feeling she is special and deserving.

• Useful 4
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Mary's "gifts" came from people tithing money to the church. Sickening. Full stop. 

I wonder if there is a Cosby accountant who pulls their hair out seeing Mary whip out those lavish gifts on camera. 

And that family & church accountant just might be Step Grandpa-Husband Cosby. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

WAIT !

Here is another theory on why Mary gave those lavish gifts on camera.....

Recall everyone was given a ridiculous expensive gift, even including the newbie Jenny, who Mary is not crazy about.

BUT ! There was NO GIFT FOR WHITNEY. Who we know Mary is pissed at for Whitney daring to speak up to her at the Italian lunch. 

This was all staged for maximum effect PUNISHMENT FOR WHITNEY. 

Punishment.

That Mary is a piece of work.

I await justice.

• Love 15
On 12/5/2021 at 10:19 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Mary throwing out a racist dig and calling someone chubby yea sounds like something Jesus would do 

I hope this is being watched by her church members as well as her gifting $1000s in purses and shoes. 

• Love 9
17 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

WAIT !

Here is another theory on why Mary gave those lavish gifts on camera.....

Recall everyone was given a ridiculous expensive gift, even including the newbie Jenny, who Mary is not crazy about.

BUT ! There was NO GIFT FOR WHITNEY. Who we know Mary is pissed at for Whitney daring to speak up to her at the Italian lunch. 

This was all staged for maximum effect PUNISHMENT FOR WHITNEY. 

Punishment.

That Mary is a piece of work.

I await justice.

Yes....excellent point.

Another poster upthread mentioned how childlike Mary is, and this just goes on to prove it.

Gifting anything to certain individuals in a group, while excluding ONE member of the friends' group is some juvenile, tween-ish mean girl bullshit.  It's as if Mary is stuck in the jr. high lunch room, holding court at the "popular" table and has to buy her friends, who, of course, are all in for getting expensive bags/shoes. 

I thought I also heard Mary make a comment about not wanting to discuss or mention the gifts given to the other girls with Whitney present.  She mumbled something about not wanting to give Whitney a gift at that time (at least I think that's what she said).  Both of those things were ridiculous statements, because, of course, these women are going to discuss these extravagent gifts with each other, and on camera, so Whitney was bound to find out one way or another.  Gifting the Louboutin's to Jennie was filmed - how did Mary expect to conceal this?  Both of these comments further prove Mary's immaturity and how she equates friendships/relationships with gifts and tangible items.

In the meantime, in her church, it's the opposite.  SHE is the one who receives gifts, in the manner of tithes and contributions.  Whoever tithes the most gains the most esteem and respect from Mary.  

I seriously do not understand Mary or anything about her, including her childlike behavior and thought processes, her over the top fashion, her bad wig, her ideas on love, friendship and relationships or her crooked church cult.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 11

Putting this in the right thread:

Having watched the episode this morning (a day or two late), I am now completely convinced that the story line this season was Mary and her church.  Bravo got a two for one with Jen going down, but they had to be certain that Mary was going to bring eyes to the show.

They went all in on this story in this ep and they're not letting it go for a future season.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3