Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E04: Mike's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Mike looks horrifically unhealthy. 

WHY can no one do a simple introduction? Dr. Now always has to say "and who's this with you?". Pro tip, fatties, when you haul your relatives into the doctor's office, say "and this is my father, Bob" or whatever. Sheesh. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
Just now, ams1001 said:

She was on Colbert this week (not sure which night; I was about to start one of the videos from her interview when the show started).

I just think she is so musically talented.  I did love A Star Is Born because she was in a natural state.  When i get kind of drunk (I live alone) I blast her music.. TMI  Also Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli (again TMI)

• Love 5

None of these people have manners. 

Hi, I'm Dr Now.

Hello, Dr Now, I'm Aliya, it's a pleasure to meet you. This is my mother, Aliyasmom.

How hard is that?

Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Mike looks horrifically unhealthy. 

WHY can no one do a simple introduction? Dr. Now always has to say "and who's this with you?". Pro tip, fatties, when you haul your relatives into the doctor's office, say "and this is my father, Bob" or whatever. Sheesh. 

Shoot - I just posted about that! Drives me nuts.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, aliya said:

None of these people have manners. 

Hi, I'm Dr Now.

Hello, Dr Now, I'm Aliya, it's a pleasure to meet you. This is my mother, Aliyasmom.

How hard is that?

Well he is a human mushroom living in his parent's basement. Guess video games don't teach you many manners. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
Just now, poeticlicensed said:

Dad thinks because he played sports its not all that bad. Tom Brady eats only veggies and he's the GOAT

Nick Sabin is the GOAT.

I need an alcoholic drink so I am having a Jamaican Smile frozen cocktail and cuddling my heating pad.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

I haven't met him yet. He belongs to their pastor and I guess they're having something done in the parsonage because my mom said they have to move out for a month. My parents are keeping one of their three cats.

I’m not allowed to volunteer at an animal shelter or I will bring them all home…especially cats. He looks like a sweet boy, change is very difficult for cats

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Twopper, and anyone else moving, first purge everything you don't need to take.   Then pack stuff in the plastic storage bins (you should find a lot on sale that are leftovers from Halloween, and soon Christmas colors) fill, and write on the outside with markers what's in them.    That way you can get a company that drops off a semi trailer or the shipping boxes, and hire local movers to pack them.  Then you call the company, they pick them up and store or deliver them for you.   Then, you get local movers on the other end to unpack and place in rooms.    Then, when you unpack the containers, you can donate them (my Habitat for Humanity Restore loves them), unless you are moving again.  

Great idea! I’ve actually donated at least a dozen bags of pretty nice stuff to Goodwill and thrown out almost as much. It’s a great feeling! 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I hate Duff from the cooking shows 

I don't mind Duff so much, but I abhor Buddy. 

4 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

I guess Church Lady nurse has replaced Flat Effect nurse.

Flat Affect Nurse probably ran for her life. Maybe she's fled to another state and changed her name and denies everything. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Well he is a human mushroom living in his parent's basement. Guess video games don't teach you many manners. 

But before that he went to school, got married, had a good enough job to allow the purchase of a four bedroom house. He had four kids he was able to support. He can't have been totally socially inept. He had to move through the world and interact with people. 

• Love 11
Just now, CringeWatcher said:

Great idea! I’ve actually donated at least a dozen bags of pretty nice stuff to Goodwill and thrown out almost as much. It’s a great feeling! 

We just went through the process. Downsized from a 2000+ sq ft home to an 1000 sq ft apartment. Gave so much to charity. Really purged in the kitchen. I mean who needs 10 skillets? The question i would ask when evaluating if I would keep or get rid of something was do I really want to pay money to move this thing. Mostly it was no.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

This man has a hard time breathing.  The doctor did not check him out.  Unless it was off camera but he did not even comment on it.

Mike will binge on fast food all the way home.

He has already set it up for his kids to be the reason for his failure.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I’m not allowed to volunteer at an animal shelter or I will bring them all home…especially cats. He looks like a sweet boy, change is very difficult for cats

I just asked how he's doing an my mom said:

Fine. He‘s sweet when he isn’t trying to give love bites.

He has adjusted well.

• Love 3

So he's already saying he's not going to move to Houston to get surgery.  How does he think this show works?  Does he think Dr. Now just has some magic wand that he waves over people when they first go to his office and the weight drops off?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
Just now, TazDevil said:

What is with these people who buck on the move to Houston??  You knew what this show was going in!!  Do you think Dr. Now is going to make an exception just for you?

There have been a few like Dottie, who kept coming for visits to Dr. Now, and then when they had surgery, stayed in town for a couple of weeks until Dr. Now cleared them for travel.   It's dangerous to stay in a vehicle for that long of a trip without regular stops to get out and walk around.  

• Love 2

How many concussions did this man have? Super morbidly obese, no job, lives in his parents' basement and he thinks he's getting custody of his kids? It sounds like he barely sees them as it is. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Chicklet said:

He looks like he just had a religious epiphany. Guess he doesn't realize he can't eat a whole chinese restaurant any more.

And he's set himself up to fail - "my kids are more important" ha.

Right? He's so full of shit. We've already seen that he lurks in his parents basement, only emerging once a day to pound down enough breakfast for half a dozen lumberjacks. He wasn't traveling to see those kids. Pants on fire, Mike. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Kid said:

This man has a hard time breathing.  The doctor did not check him out.  Unless it was off camera but he did not even comment on it.

Mike will binge on fast food all the way home.

He has already set it up for his kids to be the reason for his failure.

I think their initial visit is a bunch of tests, their first psych interview clearance (not therapy), and Dr. Now finds out if they're candidates for his program.    I'm sure they stay a few days, before they go home.     

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, TazDevil said:

So he's already saying he's not going to move to Houston to get surgery.  How does he think this show works?  Does he think Dr. Now just has some magic wand that he waves over people when they first go to his office and the weight drops off?

Yes, he does.

• Love 2

Did others get the boxed wine commercial?  I don't drink, but my sister is a great friend of the boxed wine. This was her Christmas tree a few years ago. I may have posted it before.

757014166_winetree.thumb.jpg.e4d2e0e48a36afe366a5977b83bc3386.jpg

• LOL 15
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

Why is he about to lose custody of the kids?  

I believe that it's probably in the custody agreement that he can't take the kids out of state, so if he moves to Houston he won't see them for the year or however long he's in Houston.  That's usually how the custody agreements work.  

Also, if I was the ex, I would fight like hell to keep the kids out of Houston, it's too close to the Mexican border, and an easy drive from Houston to a border crossing.   So, he can just fly back and see his kids.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4