Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E04: Mike's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Twopper said:

We aren't yet in the process of moving, but we are starting to pack stuff up so maybe we are.   We had planned to move in late spring, but after Mr Twopper's little stroke, the "kids" want us moving closer to our daughter and SIL.   I have 3000 sq feet of stuff that has accumulated over 40 years to deal with.   My grandmother had more than that in a huge house that belonged to the family for 6 generations, and she had a heart attack a few months after moving to an independent living place. 

I just had a bunch of text messages.  So is he now divorced?  I heard wife and children, then when I looked up he was having dinner with his parents.

Prayers for Mr. T and good luck with the move 😊

• Love 6

Still waking up.. BUT.. If DAD isn't the BIGGEST enabler EVER in this whole shitshow; yikes.  Truth:  Since I slept all day, I could eat 2 of those cheeseburgers, but i'd be afraid my calfs would look like his.  So very sad... but still snarkable

• Love 6

If Dad anticipated this whining out of Lard Butt, he would have rented one of those open trailers, strapped his son on there, and had peace and quiet on the way. 

I would leave him in a rest stop and never look back, block him on everything, and apply for witness protection to get away from Mr. Whiny Britches.  

Twopper, and anyone else moving, first purge everything you don't need to take.   Then pack stuff in the plastic storage bins (you should find a lot on sale that are leftovers from Halloween, and soon Christmas colors) fill, and write on the outside with markers what's in them.    That way you can get a company that drops off a semi trailer or the u=pack shipping boxes, and hire local movers to pack them.  Then you call the company, they pick them up and store or deliver them for you.   

Then, you get local movers on the other end to unpack and place in rooms.    Or if you don't move in immediately, the company will usually store the u-pack pods for you, or put the storage bins into a storage unit, and they'll be dry and safe, and keep bugs out. Then, when you unpack the containers, you can donate them (my Habitat for Humanity Restore loves them), unless you are moving again.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

So let me get this straight:  He gets a divorce and instead of just moving into a place that is close to his FOUR kids (which I'm sure he could have afforded, being in IT), he decided he needed to babied instead and moved 1.5 hours away from his children to have mom and dad take care of him.

Yeah, this one had a wife who 100 percent took care of him and she got sick of it.   And here we are.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

That we know of

I don't know! But just in case, I release you since I cannot live without your snark. 

He looked like what we used to call "Husky" when I was a kid. A big boy but not extraordinary.

Also, the "Portly" Section.

BTW, Pepper Mostly, EXCELLENT SNARK on the Too Large forum!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

People keep texting.

I texted back to someone that I was snarking on this show.    Autocorrect changed it to snarling.

His leg looks awful.   And his breathing is really bad.   I am shocked he isn't tethered to an oxygen tank.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, DropTheSoap said:

Hint for travelers. Breaks do not have to involve food. There are places to get out and walk without a triple burger and fries as a light snack. 

Next you are going to say that there are places on the road that serve fare healthier than burgers and wraps?   And that you can take veggies as a snack for the road instead of chips?  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
Just now, mmecorday said:

I love Lady Gaga, but "House of Gucci" looks like a bad Lifetime movie with a bigger budget.

I am on the Lady Gaga LOVE.. if you see the movie let me know.. You will be the guinea pig.  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Donut Bear said:

One bed?? What is wrong with these people?

I had to share a bed with my Mom once when all we could get - the entire frigging town was booked - was a room with a single king size bed.  Both of us being normal size, we stayed on our respective sides and it was as if the other wasn't even there.  '

Bit of history trivia:  Up until sometime in the 19th century roadside inns would put up even random strangers in the same room and the same bed! 

• Love 2
Just now, Boston said:

I am on the Lady Gaga LOVE.. if you see the movie let me know.. You will be the guinea pig.  

She was on Colbert this week (not sure which night; I was about to start one of the videos from her interview when the show started).

745! I was only off by 3!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I love Razzle. 

I haven't met him yet. He belongs to their pastor and I guess they're having something done in the parsonage because my mom said they have to move out for a month. My parents are keeping one of their three cats.

• Love 3