Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E04: Mike's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Helllloo pounders! Long time no chat. Eating habit was Lima beans. I’m in the process of moving, so that was the best I could do. Ready for a beer and some snark. And thanks for the laughs I’ve gotten when reading through your comments for this seasons’s first few episodes. Snarkalicious! 

• Love 8
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

I'm guessing a bucket in the basement. I just grossed myself out of existence. 

And here I thought I was doing good by waiting until right at 8:00 to switch to TLC to miss any shred of Dr. Pimple Popper.  But then there's these stellar observations, and I'm grossed out too.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

This addiction is no joke.

Very true because, unlike a recovering alcoholic who does not drink anything, you have to eat!!

Edited by Kid
  • Love 6
Just now, TazDevil said:

And here I thought I was doing good by waiting until right at 8:00 to switch to TLC to miss any shred of Dr. Pimple Popper.  But then there's these stellar observations, and I'm grossed out too.

Hey, why should I suffer alone? 

I'm guessing 768. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I get it that being unable to do the one thing you were good at and liked can make someone very depressed.  But surely going to counseling and finding something else to do would be healthier than just eating to death?  Parents got their start pitying him then and never got over that, apparently...

• Love 7

So he was able to be productive, had a family and a job?  And what happened so he ended up in his parents' basement?  And is he actually working now?   Or eating his parents out of the house and home?

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

This man needs a job and needs to pay child support for these four kids.  He could easily get a networking job where he wouldn't even have to come out of mommy's basement.  But I guess it's just easier to binge eat all day.    

(Source:  Former network security engineer) 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

"My biggest fear is that Mike will be trapped in our basement and I've seen way too many shows on the ID channel and I know that doesn't turn out well and I'm too old to move to New Mexico, change my name to Patty and raise Alpacas."

• LOL 15
  • Love 1

So how about you stop overfeeding him?  He obviously has issues that prevent him from being in control of his life.  He reverted to being a child - so take care of him as you would when he was a child.  Wait, he was already overweight as a child, you have failed to help him eat healthy his entire life.  Sad, isn't it? 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Met first ever girlfriend at 20, in October, proposed in April.

Not gonna lie - that sounds like a lot of our Mormon couples. The guy comes back from his mission and boom! 

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

I don't know anything about sports, but I didn't know they cared how many concussions you got.

Yeah, considering when he was back in college it was surprising (in a good way) that they said no more football with a 2nd concussion.

• Love 2
Just now, Eldemarge said:

This man needs a job and needs to pay child support for these four kids.  He could easily get a networking job where he wouldn't even have to come out of mommy's basement.  But I guess it's just easier to binge eat all day.    

(Source:  Former network security engineer) 

Working from home is a permanent thing for a lot of us post pandemic. He should be able to find work.

• Love 8