Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E04: Mike's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

I can't go to my regular Thanksgiving - my Aunt's house.  Her 2 great grandchildren are sick (went to the doctor).  Her grandaughter and her boyfriend are not vaccinated.. and she is dragging HER 94 yr. old aunt out of the nursing home to her house.. everyone squished in the dining room.  I am vaxed.. but I STILL have a cold for the past 2 weeks (just sneezed 23 times tonight.. a record?).  I don't want to kill Aunt Pat.  

• Love 6

The ad for the single life show on Disc+ cracks me up because of the attempt at a come-hither look that Natalie seems to be trying to make.

Is that what she's trying to do? That's also her "Treesh, did you call me hooker?" look.

• LOL 2

7 minutes ago, Hellga said:

I decided to go for the apple pie after all...  Food and entertainment blend after a while!  The irony.

I debated buying an apple pie at the farm store but the traffic was so bad I decided to just go to the nearest store for milk (and popcorn) and go home.

6 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I forget the actors name but it’s from American History X

Ethan Suplee

Edited by ams1001
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I'm a rebel- I hate turkey and am making chili and biscuits for thanksgiving. With pumpkin ice cream.

That sounds perfect! I'm all about a novel approach. I made my famous braised short ribs last year. One year we all went to Legal Seafood and chowed down on lobsters and oysters and fish. And one memorable year we went to an Indian restaurant. A few years ago we did Thanksgiving brunch based on the Monty Python Spam sketch. My brother (dressed as a Viking) brought the Spam and I made homemade baked beans (for the Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam baked beans Spam Spam Spam and Spam). You do you! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

After all this boredom birch better weight 250 by 10 pm

I want to weigh 125 by 10pm.  Is this the new diet? Name your weight and the desired time, then presto!!  I love it!!!

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

debated buying an apple pie at the farm store but the traffic was so bad I decided to just go to the nearest store and go home.

I got mine from Wegmans.  This store didn't have the small ones, unlike the other one, so I went with a full-size one.  On the upside, I found out that the Russian store has chantrelle mushrooms at $18/pound whereas Wegmans is $60/pound.  I am very happy and I will definitely have a heaping portion this weekend!

3 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

These Lifetime/Hallmark Christmas movies really got Every Room in the House decorated and I don't know why that makes me crazy.

You mean the ones where the single city girl comes back to save her hometown from some baddie and at least one super  hot guy lives (usually a cop). And there's a christmas festival that everyone in town attends and it snows but the snow never gets dirty or yellow? A lot to hate there 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I thought we might see surgery before 9:30.  Oh, well.

The ad for the single life show on Disc+ cracks me up because of the attempt at a come-hither look that Natalie seems to be trying to make.

And she only demonstrates her insanity.

• Love 1
Just now, Suzywriter said:

How did I forget that tomorrow is the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade on TV!!? 

Apparently there's a Funko Pop Baby Yoda balloon!

Dr. Paradise isn't even as tall as his shoulder.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

What did he think would happen with the divorce?   If the wife didn't have the house, the kids would be homeless, she needs a car to get along in life with the kids.    

He's a perpetual victim.   I find it interesting that he only had visitation at the ex-wife's place, or near there, and apparently only once a month or maybe two.    I'm guessing if there was child support involved, it was paid by the Bank of Mom and Dad too.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, poeticlicensed said:

You mean the ones where the single city girl comes back to save her hometown from some baddie and at least one super  hot guy lives (usually a cop). And there's a christmas festival that everyone in town attends and it snows but the snow never gets dirty or yellow? A lot to hate there 

And Super Hot Guy loves animals or volunteers at a soup kitchen and teaches High Powered City Girl the True Meaning of Christmas. Sigh. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, poeticlicensed said:

And she saves the town from financial ruin by making super yummy cupcakes?

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
Just now, TazDevil said:

I feel like there's a lot missing from that story.

Like her probably spending years and years just trying to get him to pay attention to anything that wasn't edible. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
Just now, Eldemarge said:

"Took the house, took the car..."   Okay but she also has to raise your four kids, so maybe that is okay??  And I doubt the divorce was just out of the blue like he says.  

Yeah, wouldn’t doubt she spent years begging him to change, to care, to do something. Sudden to him, perhaps, if he didn’t give a shit to try or listen. 

• Love 11