Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E03: Bourbon Buffoonery

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

Captain Lee lays down the law as the crew gets ready to welcome their second charter group onboard My Seanna. Eddie is determined to promote Jake to lead deckhand but Captain Lee has reservations. Heather is on a mission to redeem herself from the first charter's housekeeping mistakes and improve her interior team's performance issues, much to her stews' chagrin. Rachel confronts Eddie about the unsavory remarks he said about her behind her back last charter season and Rayna finds a new friend in Fraser. A rowdy bunch arrives onboard and their drunken antics prove to be much more than the crew bargained for.

Airdate: 11/08/2021

Guests have had some political talk - don’t let our talk veer into personal politics please!

12 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

Apparently the chief stew was a major thumb sucker. And someone ordered so many pineapples they just had to store them wherever they could. πŸπŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

The pineapples are cracking me up.

Chief stew is not impressing me at all.

• Love 14
57 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

Apparently the chief stew was a major thumb sucker. And someone ordered so many pineapples they just had to store them wherever they could. πŸπŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

I have to wonder why her teeth weren't fixed at some point - unfortunately they ruin her face, she could be attractive. πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘Ž

• Love 7

First Officer gets his own cabin?Β  Have we ever seen Lee's cabin?

Heather is just so foul.Β  Truly a legend in her own mind.Β 

Rayna (The Queen ICYMI) isn't much better.Β  Heather'sΒ little "team building" exercise was cringeworhty.Β  Even Jessica was gagging.

Lee lays down the law.Β  Fireworks to come?

Rachel seriously needs some help.Β  I had a mentally ill grandmother.Β  It's hard to deal with.

It was nice she tried to make nice with Eddie and he made nice back to be nice, but she's a powder keg, waiting for a Bic lighter.

So the idiot guests arrive with the express purpose of (messing) with the crew.Β  Great scenes with the golfballs!

This lead deckhand thing has me confused.Β  If Eddie "gets off deck" doesn't that make the deck shorthanded?Β  I don't think we've seen a "First Officer" before.Β  You still need a boson.Β  And the two invisible engineers get a share of the tip.

What a dinner!Β  Blondie outdid bald white shirt dude in being obnoxious.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, endure said:

So many nasty drunks, wonder what they're like sober?

They are all assholes and I wouldn't buy a house from any of them.Β I bet they lose business from this.Β  LOL at Captain Lee saying heΒ  had 2 root canals.Β Β 

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

First Officer gets his own cabin?Β  Have we ever seen Lee's cabin?

Β 

We saw Lee’s cabin the one season where the otherΒ charter guests was mean girling one of the guests and she was going to have to sleep on a couch in the lounge. Β He gave up his cabin for her. Β Not sure if it was on My Seanna though.

We don’t usually see the First Officer, so yeah I guess they don’t typically share a cabin. Β On BD Med, didn’t chef Mat have to share with the First Officer for one night when the new female crew member was going to be in his cabin and the owners allegedly said no co-ed rooms? Β He shared with one of the crew that we don’t normally see, but can’t remember if it was First Officer or someone else.Β 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

We saw Lee’s cabin the one season where the otherΒ charter guests was mean girling one of the guests and she was going to have to sleep on a couch in the lounge. Β He gave up his cabin for her. Β Not sure if it was on My Seanna though.

We don’t usually see the First Officer, so yeah I guess they don’t typically share a cabin. Β On BD Med, didn’t chef Mat have to share with the First Officer for one night when the new female crew member was going to be in his cabin the owners allegedly said no co-ed rooms? Β He shared with one of the crew that we don’t normally see, but can’t remember if it was First Officer or someone else.Β 

Thanks.  I must have missed it.  All these seasons become a blur after awhile.😎

Β 

"On BD Med, didn’t chef Mat have to share with the First Officer for one night when the new female crew member was going to be in his cabin the owners allegedly said no co-ed rooms?"

So that's how they worked that silliness out.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Steph J said:

Rachel really just has zero insight into her behavior last season, doesn't she?

Absolutely Steph J...

Alcoholics can be surprising in their level of denial. I really never realized the magnitude of it until I tried to give some help to my alcoholic Dad. After spending virtually years being abusive to my stepmother, causing his health to decline, losing all his friends, getting forcefully "Bakered" into a mental health facility in Florida for 14 days, calling the psychiatrist there racist names and being on a first name basis with the police patrols in his area.....I finally got him to attend a local AA meeting. He arrived drunk and was rude and belligerent to anyone that tried to talk to him. All this while procaliming he was not the one with a problem, alas, it wasΒ my stepmother and I. That was my college education degree in denial.

Β 

1 hour ago, PaperTree said:

This lead deckhand thing has me confused.Β  If Eddie "gets off deck" doesn't that make the deck shorthanded?Β  I don't think we've seen a "First Officer" before.Β  You still need a boson.Β 

Right you are Papertree.

That's why I was saying in a previous post that I think this is all made up for the show. A bosun is necessary for the proper functioning of the deck. I can understand Eddie wanting to "do more inside the bridge" but he will never be free of the deck until they hire another bosun and he works as a first officer full time....and that can't happen because he's not (at this point) anywhere near ready toΒ to be a first officer. While I'mΒ at it, I'm not sure if Eddie in this episode just got a bad edit or what, but it seems like his new role went to his head and his attitude toward Captain Lee was kind of sour. He thinks he's just going to move into a solo cabin and never see the deck again?Β  Any first officer I've ever known would be the first onΒ deckΒ pulling lines if it ever became necessary. I know he's not popular here, but remember what Captain Sean said? "There's no job on this boat that I would not do" That is how Eddie should be acting and he should have deferred to Captain Lee's hesitancy to promote the deck hand to Lead instead of whining about "Lee should trust me".Β What Eddie needs to do is trust Captain Lee's many years of experience and sixth sense.

Β 

• Love 20
41 minutes ago, aqusdealer said:

Absolutely Steph J...

Alcoholics can be surprising in their level of denial. I really never realized the magnitude of it until I tried to give some help to my alcoholic Dad. After spending virtually years being abusive to my stepmother, causing his health to decline, losing all his friends, getting forcefully "Bakered" into a mental health facility in Florida for 14 days, calling the psychiatrist there racist names and being on a first name basis with the police patrols in his area.....I finally got him to attend a local AA meeting. He arrived drunk and was rude and belligerent to anyone that tried to talk to him. All this while procaliming he was not the one with a problem, alas, it wasΒ my stepmother and I. That was my college education degree in denial.

Β 

Right you are Papertree.

That's why I was saying in a previous post that I think this is all made up for the show. A bosun is necessary for the proper functioning of the deck. I can understand Eddie wanting to "do more inside the bridge" but he will never be free of the deck until they hire another bosun and he works as a first officer full time....and that can't happen because he's not (at this point) anywhere near ready toΒ to be a first officer. While I'mΒ at it, I'm not sure if Eddie in this episode just got a bad edit or what, but it seems like his new role went to his head and his attitude toward Captain Lee was kind of sour. He thinks he's just going to move into a solo cabin and never see the deck again?Β  Any first officer I've ever known would be the first onΒ deckΒ pulling lines if it ever became necessary. I know he's not popular here, but remember what Captain Sean said? "There's no job on this boat that I would not do" That is how Eddie should be acting and he should have deferred to Captain Lee's hesitancy to promote the deck hand to Lead instead of whining about "Lee should trust me".Β What Eddie needs to do is trust Captain Lee's many years of experience and sixth sense.

Β 

Said better than I could muster.Β  Thanks!

Edited by PaperTree
  • Love 4

IΒ hate drunks!!!Β  Alcohol makes pigs of people. Actually it elevates swine above the drinkers. Its been responsible for the worst,Β  most destructive, traumatic periods and events in my life & I'd rather catch covid than be near that.

Β Immediately upon these subhuman vats of anal fungus setting foot onboard I would jump overboard & I'm a mediocre swimmer who's terrified of ocean swimming.

Β I made note of the names because I live in the area where these ass- pustules purport to work and intend to make absolutely sure no one of my acquaintance will ever use any one of them for anything ever! Disgusting.

Β  Poor Captain Lee. Many points for being able to sit thru that dinner (& even more sympathies).

Β  (Obviously I'm a teensy bit reactive to this subject, I realize. Now making herbal tea to chase the last bit of soothing mushroom - infused chocolate bar & prevent nightmares. )

Β  Β (why do I watch Bravo?)

Edited by BlueHawk
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 17

These guests are pigs. The worst of any that I have seen so far. The one guy who was so belligerent and threatening to throw someone overboard should have been locked in his cabin aand removed from the boat in the morning. And Terri chasing after him and continuing the argument what the hell was wrong with her? If anyone,Β man or woman spoke to me the way he spoke to her I would cut him/her out of my life ASAP. What does she see in these men? Β And what is the point of spending thousands of $$ to charter a boat and spend it in viciousΒ Β drunken arguments and probably hung over and sick the next day?Β Β And why is Bravo subjecting it's viewing audience to this trash?Β 

• Love 22

I must say this group is probably the worse guest ever!Β  How can people with that kind of success show their asses on TV and not think it will effect their business?Β  And is Terri a coworker and not someone's wife?Β  So she works with these assholes?Β  It might explain her drinking.Β  At first I thought sheΒ was watching the men act like asses with sober eyes........um the Michigan conversation with Captain Lee squelched that thought.Β Β 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

I had a hard time telling the difference between the 2 big bald guys sitting at the dinner table. Was Terri married to the guy sitting next to Captain Lee? I think they couldn't show close ups of the guys because they were constantly cussing.

Β 

• Love 5

I was surprised the crew found Justin as funny for as long as they did-I found him terrifying almost immediately. He was really scary-probably someone that shouldn't drink brown liquor. I felt bad for Captain Lee (he and Terri are both from Michigan-did you hear?)Β and the couple at the table who did try and hold it together a bit. These people are coworkers? How do you go back to the office with these people? I love bourbon-it is my favorite alcohol and I am a bourbon snob, but there is no wayΒ I'm asking for bourbon in a thermos on a mega-yacht in the Caribbean (Dark and Stormy anyone?).Β 

I also was unimpressed with the bourbon choices, but again-who mainlines bourbon all day in the heat to the point you can barely talk? All of Rachel's gorgeous food is wasted on these people. The first course sounded so good!

As for Heather's teeth, I don't notice them, but just fixing my 4 front ones cost me $22k with very good insurance so maybe she can't afford it. And I didn't have that money at 25 (I think she is 25?).Β 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

And what is the point of spending thousands of $$ to charter a boat and spend it in viciousΒ Β drunken arguments and probably hung over and sick the next day? Β 

This!!!!!! What a waste of money and travel - stay homeΒ if you’re just going to drink yourself blotto. And all the fuss over the brands of the bourbon...Β whether you getΒ sodden drunk on high-end bourbon or rotgut, you’re still just as obnoxious.Β 

I’m hoping for choppy seas the next morning so we can watch these jerks hungover and seasick.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10

Seriously, did she not even watch the show? What Eddie did was not "uncalled for." To this day she obviously has no idea how awful her behavior was.Β 

I've always wondered if those golf balls they hit off the back of the boat are biodegradable. Nice to know they are. Also, it's a wonder those drunken guests didn't fall off the boat trying to hit them.

I've never noticed there's a crew cabin right off the galley. That's got to be awkward, I'm sure they aren't sound proof. Imagine trying to sleep after a late shift when there are people in the galley cooking and eating and talking.

Remember in the early seasons when Captain Lee had has first meeting with a new crew, and his No. 1 rule was no drinking during the charter? I notice he doesn't say that anymore.

Drunker than a four-peckered goat? Never heard that one before. Sometimes I think someone at Bravo writes these things for Lee. Also, when he was talking to Eddie, I noticed how shiny his ankle is. His leg almost looked like it was made of plastic.

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Drunker than a four-peckered goat? Never heard that one before. Sometimes I think someone at Bravo writes these things for Lee.

yeah, I'm pretty tired of that stuff. Reminds me of that corn-pone guy on Food Network who shows up as a judge on a lot those competition shows. Sorry I'm terrible with names.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:
14 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Β 

13 hours ago, endure said:

I have to wonder why her teeth weren't fixed at some point - unfortunately they ruin her face, she could be attractive. πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘Ž

Β 

Jesus Christ, she has an overbite, she's not The Elephant Man.

Honestly, I think it really adds to her looks, I don't find her unattractive at all. Look up Beverley D'Angelo, she is successful, gorgeous AND has an overbite. There are many many more

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, cheewhiz said:

Look up Beverley D'Angelo, she is successful, gorgeous AND has an overbite.

what I noticed is that she seems (like so many young women) to have plumped her lips to an excessive extent. I simply do not get the attraction.

• Love 11

Does anyone remember the same of the drunken jerk primary?Β  Bet he thought this would be GREAT publicity for his real estate business.Β  I'm thinking....no.Β  I'd love to see if dummy shut off his social media accounts.Β  Bet he had his Twitter or Facebook open while the episode was on waiting to read how COOL everyone thought he was.Β Β 

Lee excused himself as soon as he could and got the hell out of that dinner.Β Β 

Β 

Β 

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

Does anyone remember the same of the drunken jerk primary?Β  Bet he thought this would be GREAT publicity for his real estate business.Β  I'm thinking....no.Β  I'd love to see if dummy shut off his social media accounts.Β  Bet he had his Twitter or Facebook open while the episode was on waiting to read how COOL everyone thought he was.Β Β 

Lee excused himself as soon as he could and got the hell out of that dinner.Β Β 

Β 

Β 

"Michael Durham was accompanied by his colleagues- Justin Richards, Terri Augustyn, Sean, and his fiance Curtis."

Micheal was the slightly less repulsive bald guy. Justin was the ragey bald guy. Terri was the one from Michigan (did you know she was from Michigan?). The other two also seemed slightly less repulsive, but I'm not done watching it all yet. Why would anyone behave that way on tv?Β 

I just startedΒ this hot mess and WHOA. Rachel's glorious food was wasted on them. I think I'd ask to have dinner on the swim platform, that looked nice.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

"Michael Durham was accompanied by his colleagues- Justin Richards, Terri Augustyn, Sean, and his fiance Curtis."

Β 

thanks for that recap. So Terri was having a screaming match with her colleague Justin, huh? Must be a real fun office. I figured she was a part of a couple.

• Love 6

So from the moment they boarded that Justin guy was nasty to Terri. Saying stuff like 'kick you down the steps'. I am thinking...maybe...she did something to tick him off right before they took this trip. Maybe stole a client or some sneaky real estate thing?? He wanted her OFF that boat. Maybe they are EXs.Β 

Initially I thought he was just trying to be funny and entertaining but was way out of his element. But he really really seems to HATE that lady, Terri.Β 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, dleighg said:

what I noticed is that she seems (like so many young women) to have plumped her lips to an excessive extent. I simply do not get the attraction.

I noticed the same thing. I'm not sure what elective cosmetic surgery is a good idea when you're under 30, but this one seems especially bad, it's like they're now lopsided and she can't close them all the way to speak clearly. And I think she's plenty attractive, it's just I don't get why she thought that was something she should do. SHe's not alone, though, plenty of ladies are doing it. Disposable income I guess.Β 

FOr clarity, i'm not talking about breast implants to alleviate a mastectomy or some sort of corrective plastic surgery, I'm talking purely elective.Β 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Steph J said:

Honestly,Β  she should not get a pass on her awful behavior,Β  I wish Eddie had said more about it.Β  But he was probably smart to apologize and move on.Β  She is not a stable person and I imagine doesn't takeΒ any kind of criticism well.Β 

• Love 11

My guess is Terri and Justin have had or are currently having an office fling. Β They both seem waaaay too emotionally involved and triggered by each other to be just colleagues. Β 

Loved Sean (or Curtis?) comment about Justin’s giant sippy cup and his behaviorΒ wereΒ very out of place at such a nice dinner experience. Β Double loved Fraser’s assessment that these band o’bourbon bros must have won the charter in a lottery. Β So obvious Β these realtors have no appreciation for the lap of luxury they were lucky enough to score. Β Applebee’s is too high end for these ass clowns.Β 
Β 

Β 

• Love 18

Justin said and indicated heΒ didn't want to sit atΒ yet another dinner where everyone took turns kissingΒ Michael'sΒ ass.

Justin took his thermal baby drinkeeΒ cup full of adult juice to sit by his lonesome....but a deckhand HADΒ toΒ be with him in case his drunken ass slipped into the water.Β 

Sean (Bettlejuice) was cordial enough to be embarrassed for the group and Lee would not have left the table even though he wanted to bolt (camera crew and field producer wanting content)to his Captain's Quarters.

Terri felt she could order Justin around and Justin replied with wanting to violently puntΒ her down the yacht'sΒ stairs....yep, those two have definitely done the do in the past (and maybe presently.)

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Β 

Β 

Jesus Christ, she has an overbite, she's not The Elephant Man.

Exactly.Β God forbid her face not be tweaked to blasΓ© β€œperfection.” She must be a hideous troll beast. πŸ™„Β 

I am not 100% team Heather but I also am giving Fraser the side eye. He seems overly salty to very low-key feedback. Heather was also taking responsibility (at least to his face). I generally find him amusing though so I’ll withhold judgment. I hope he and Heather find a groove.Β 

Edited by jkitty
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, tranquilidade said:

The whole episode made me feel uncomfortable and not really entertaining.Β  Is is me?Β Β 

It's not just you, I felt uncomfortable too, and it felt dark and bad somehow.Β  It made me wonder if I wanted to come back next episode, because these "quest" are strange in a bad way.Β  The thing is they are all weird, they were all acting stupid in their own way, I didn't like any of them.Β  Whoever drug those people up should be fired, they are too low to go.Β 

• Love 9

These people went from drunkenly amusing to scary super quickly. And that makes me think - when does production step in? At what point? When someone's safety is compromised? When a person becomes threatening?Β 

(This reminded me of back in the day when I watchedΒ The Real World: HawaiiΒ and production intervened when Ruthie drove drunk). What's the line?

• Love 8

Impressions:

β€œCrouching Tiger Hidden Stew” was the best line in the episode.Β  Well done.Β  Should have been an episode title.

The charter guests remove all doubt as to why the French Revolution happened.Β 

Heather with a feather is better than leather in bad weather.Β  But she’s still a cr@p Chief Stew.Β  Go Fraser.

Interesting sub-culture with the charter guests – a tribe where β€œGo Eff Yourself” is the rough equivalent of β€œGood Day”.

β€œShe needs to go away now.”  The primary charter guest (Justin) is apparently ordering Heather to escort/remove/guide Terri to her room.Β  How quaint that we apparently live in such Medieval times.

Can’t wait to see the resolution of the drunken festivities next week.

Also:Β  I think the camera tried to hide it as best they could, but Captain Lee looked quite frail compared to how he has been before.Β  If he’s got health issues, I wish him the best.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, dleighg said:

yeah, I'm pretty tired of that stuff. Reminds me of that corn-pone guy on Food Network who shows up as a judge on a lot those competition shows. Sorry I'm terrible with names.

Jason from KY. Winner of his season on Holiday Baking Championship.Β 
Β 

The thing about it is that it’s obvious Jason learned the idioms at home/in his community while I get the impression(as someone said above) that many of them that Capt. Lee spouts are given to him for use throughout the season.Β 
Β 

At least Capt. dressed in his whites for the White Party. I don’t care for his tux, I think the cummerbund is a too wide for my taste and I don't love the cowboy boots he wears with it. However, his fugly black shirt he wore last week is horrendous and should be forgotten *under the iron* by Jessica.Β 
Β 

How long do we think it’s going to take Fraser to go ham on his crew mates who call him Frazier? Better yet, can it pretty please be Heather?! Such a pet peeve of mine to have people make little/no effort to call you by the correct moniker 😑 Add in his displeasure with Heather and the stress he’s feeling and it’s for sure going down. It’s always the little things that are the final straw in a bag full of shit covered hay.Β 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Eddie has NOTHING to apologize for but that convo was some TV BS anyways.

You can tell the guests weren't really that into the white party. Β That was producer checking off a box. Β As was the luau. Β Do people really go to the Caribbean expecting a luau? Β Why didn't they provision some hula dancers? Β Because they're not fucking anywhere near Hawaii!

Producers print out those preference sheets after they've massaged it.

And they probably didn't look too far to find these drunks. Β Endless booze! Β You'll look like jackasses on TV but the booze is free! Β Fraser said they're not yacht people. Β But they are BD people!

Jessica is low drama, took the shit job of laundry but she agrees with Fraser that Heather sucks as chief stew. Β On WWHL, Fraser was asked what Heather could have done to be a better chief stew and he said "do some work."

Fraser also said he used to watch BD before getting into yachting. Β Probably had a warped view of yachting at first.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4