Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: May Be The Last Time

I don't know why they didn't have Sookie try and contact Adilyn.

I hope Sarah cures Eric and dies next week. This story is dragging on. 

It was nice to see Hoyt again and I am glad he seems to have a good life. 

Alicide died a week ago and Sookie is already with Bill again. I don't care if she thought he was going to die that was messed up to me.

I so do not care about Violet's 50 shades room. 

• Love 4

OK, besides Sarah's hallucinations (which were actually kind of scary), the little doctor lady (who needs her own spinoff), and Jason vacuuming in his boxer shorts, this episode was kind of dull. 

I'm getting very annoyed by the Bill flashbacks and in Eric's single-mindedness.  What did Sookie see in the both of them, besides their looks?

And I'm so hoping Violet gets staked.  I really, really do.

• Love 2

Holy crap. I had completely forgotten that they glamoured Hoyt when he left. I thought he was just being a dick because he was still mad at Jason.

Being held by a nefarious corporation and slowly milked of her blood for the rest of her miserable life seems like a pretty fitting end to Sarah Newlin to me.

Edited by AlliMo
  • Love 5

I love Arlene she is proving to be the most entertaining character this season.

Mr Gus is also proving to be rather adorable I really I was happy to see that he kept his word looking forward to the confrontation next week kind of tired of Sarah but want to see how this story line ends.

I wonder if Violet is going to make Jessica choose between saving Jason or Adlyn? Basically a you picked her over me but will she do pick you? I think she wants to kill them both but I imagine that's her big FU first.

I really didn't like the Bill/Sookie ending seemed way too quick Alcide just past. I have always been more interested in Bill's relationship with Jessica then Sookie.

It was nice seeing Hyot again but I don't understand Jason. Yes, Bridget is pretty but Jason's reactions were over the top.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Is Dr. Ludwig a new character? I think she needs her own spinoff. Or was this episode a backdoor pilot of sorts?

I dug the episode, though I'm probably not as discriminating as most fans at this point. I liked how Sarah/Nuni's hallucinations trumped Arlene's fever dreams for Keith. BTW, what kind of name is "Keith" for a vampire who's that old? On the other hand, nice to see Steve again, little bastard that he was. Also nice to see Hoyt, even if I feel that Jason is gonna bang his girlfriend. Because he's Jason Friggin' Stackhouse. I can't believe he lied about Maxine being one of the "good ones," though.

At this point, I'm not going to do the math. re: time of Alcide's passing. I'll just alternate between yelling "WHOA!" and rolling my eyes at the Sookie/Bill nookie. Same goes for the Lettie Mae/Lafayette digging action. Looks like the family that does "V" together goes crazy together.

Three more episodes left? Something tells me I'm gonna miss the show when it's gone.

It was nice seeing Hoyt again but I don't understand Jason. Yes, Bridget is pretty but Jason's reactions were over the top.

Ridiculous. Jason being a horn dog was funny in S1, not so much now. 

I was pretty bored during this ep. Arline is probably the only character that held my interest. 

I was glad to see Steve Newlin again, though. 

• Love 3

I wouldn't have an issue with all this extra crap, like Adylin and Wade discussing their sexual desires, or Arlene hooking up with the younger vamp, but this is too much.  They don't have 20 episodes like a primetime network to devote time to all these b-plots.  This is the final season; they gotta spread this out.  Did we really need to see the "Sookie Learns a Lesson from her Grandpa" bit?  

Not here for Sarah and no sympathy about her hallucinations.  While I wish they didn't kill off Amber, it was disappointing to hear that she drank the Noomi kool-aid.  Her snarkiness was everything.  Still hoping that Eric and Pam take her out, because cure or not, she's done too much damage and still doesn't care. 

Sam, you may have to compromise your love for Bon Temps and get the hell out of there.  

The scene with Andy and Holly at the lake was actually really sweet.  Chris Bauer did a great job this week.  

Is Violet planning on raping Adilyn or what?  She's beyond twisted.

I hated Jason leering over Hoyt's girlfriend; it really cheapened what could have been a moving reunion between Hoyt and Jason.  As much as they're pitching Jason and Jessica = forever, why are they even broaching this?

Loved seeing Dr. Ludwig again.  She's always funny and seeing her bolt when she heard Niall's name was hilarious.

Edited by Amethyst
  • Love 8

I think Bridget is set to be the Jessica in a new Jason betrayal of Hoyt, reprising the original triangle. Revisiting or redoing old stories is the season theme. The three way hug was just bizarre if Bridget isn't reciprocating. 

Chris Bauer was great. 

Violet believe revenge really is a dish best served cold, which does slow down the plot. Violet as Big Bad is unexpected.

• Love 1

Bill and Sookie don't bother me.  I always figured they were end game.  However, I didn't get the point of Bill's flashbacks.  What does that have to do with anything that is going on?  I felt that time was wasted and could have/should have been used to further the stories of the modern day characters in Bon Temps.  The series is ending, and I am lot more interested in what is happening with the characters I have grown to know and love.  If Bill's past seemed relevant to the current story, I would welcome it, but it just seems so random and useless, and frankly, boring.  At least Pam's and Eric's flashbacks were amusing and interesting even though they were probably filler as well. 

I will say, I do like that they have brought back some of the characters from seasons past for this last season though.  I little continuity goes a long way, and it is always fun to see characters that I thought were lost to get a last hurrah!

• Love 6

Even though I knew it was really really unlikely to happen, I was so hoping that Bill would die and turn into a slimy pile of goo on top of naked Suckie.  It would have been a reward for sitting through all the interminable Civil War flashbacks.

• Love 20

They didn't need 10 episodes, they have no stories to tell, imho.  I skipped Bill's flashbacks and it still felt dragged out.  And empty.  Why write an episode where half of your characters are sleeping?  

I thought Niall was eaten by Warlow last year, so I was surprised to see him show up and do nothing.  Also interesting to hear about another full-blood fairy out there.  I guess I assumed they were pretty much extinct. 

It should kick into gear next week, right?

• Love 1

I liked this episode, even if some things didn't have to be quite so drawn out (like adilyn and wade's freak out about the sex toys)

It was great to see Dr.Ludwig again, she was hilarious as always and I am glad they are doing more with Niall. Still not sure how the flashbacks all fit in, aside from maybe Bill's life flashing before his eyes before his death? And to show us that Bill was always Bill... doing his old school Bill thing. But his wig was way better this week, so I didn't mind them.

I did love Sarah/Noomi's crazy hallucinations... especially the new debate about religions and what she should believe in etc. Looking forward to Eric getting his hands on her... and also looking forward to Eric Northman, spokesvampire for "Nu:Blood" I hope that idea pans out :P

Great to see Hoyt, though it was weird with Jason getting all hot and bothered about his girlfriend... seriously, Jason... come on! Arlene was great this episode too... she's taken over Terry's role from the early seasons of offering some good advice. I hope Sam really thinks about what he wants. While I don't want him gone, I'd like him to go with Nicole and his baby...

I liked seeing Sookie doing whatever she could to save Bill. They've made a point to show us every season that they still have feelings for each other... and though Alcide's death is still very recent, the rate Bill's infection is spreading does make things a bit more urgent, you know? As others have said- Bill could have died right then... so this could be "the last time" Sookie has to be with him. But since Bill is my favorite, flaws and all,  I'm glad to see them together, even if Bill is going to die in the end. It was a nice call back to S1 for me.

Still have no clue where this Tara thing is headed though... ???

• Love 3

This was frustrating. I want to see the end of the stories they inched forward this week. I want to know what happens to Adilyn. I want Sarah Newlin's blood to cure Eric. I want those crazy drug addicts to finish digging up the yard. I want Bill to meet the true death (that's not specific to this season).

Now that Grandpa Fairy told us that the point of Bill's flashbacks is how every single thing that ever happens is a miracle, maybe we'll stop watching them? Or maybe the secret to curing Bill somehow has to do with his human descendants.

• Love 6
Still not sure how the flashbacks all fit in, aside from maybe Bill's life flashing before his eyes before his death?

I thought they were going to reveal that Bill's daughter is an ancestor of Sookie's fairy line, and that was someone why the Hep-V was moving so fast with Bill.  But I was only half paying attention to the flashbacks, so I may have missed what the actual point was.

I did laugh when Adyline was listening to what's-his-names thoughts and was relieved he wasn't into any of Violet's toys.  I thought he was going to be mad at her for listening in, but I guess he was relieved too.

This whole season seems a bit disjointed in terms of ongoing plot.  That one band of Hep-V vamps is gone so they don't have to worry at all anymore?

This whole season seems a bit disjointed in terms of ongoing plot.  That one band of Hep-V vamps is gone so they don't have to worry at all anymore?

I think they are still worrying, just not as much... like people aren't going out after dark... Jessica hinted that she was supposed to be outside Andy's on guard. Keith told Arlene that it still wasn't safe after dark (thought that might have been in the dream) and Andy did say that there was a curfew after dark. So I think they are still doing the vampire/human pairing thing to a certain degree. It's just not as urgent with the current storylines.

I was ready to call bullshit on the hot Japanese cowboy executive giving Eric 49% of a multibillion dollar company, just for his endorsement - when there are obviously a ton of vampires who would gladly endorse the product in exchange for just being cured.

(Especially after Eric was dumb enough to stake Amber before finding out where Sarah is.)

But then he pointed out what a hot spokesvampire Eric would be, and I thought, "The man's got a point."

Edited by Blakeston
  • Love 10

Eh. Sookie kissed Sam when she thought Bill was away and never coming back in season one so it's not exactly  new for her. And they made it a point to point out how much she wasn't  in love with Alceide like he was with her. If she had been going on about her undying love for him before he died, I might be more bothered by it all.

Speaking of undying love, I think the whole Bill flashback endgame is that Caroline is an infected vampire and is going to come back to Bon Temps.

• Love 1

I was OK with this episode until the scene of Sookie running across the cemetery in her white nightgown. I'm sure it was supposed to be a callback to S1, but it was just so cheesy and OTT -- even for this show.

Looking forward to seeing Sarah Newlin get what's coming to her.

• Love 3

I wouldn't have an issue with all this extra crap, like Adylin and Wade discussing their sexual desires, or Arlene hooking up with the younger vamp, but this is too much.  They don't have 20 episodes like a primetime network to devote time to all these b-plots.  This is the final season; they gotta spread this out.  Did we really need to see the "Sookie Learns a Lesson from her Grandpa" bit?

Completely agree.  I really don't care about the Arlene Gets Her Groove Back show, or The Cleary-Belleflour Bunch show, nor whatever is going on with Lettie Mae/Lafayette/James.  The fairy stuff has been so underdeveloped by this point, there's really no point in revisiting it, since, as Sookie and Niall both confirmed in the ep, being fairy is pretty useless.  

I know mileage varies and all, but it feels like the show is comprised of a bunch of C plots that each get 30-second scenes.  I suppose the A plot is the "Sookie + Bill 4 Eva" silliness.  The only thing that is holding my interest is the Sarah Newlin/Eric stuff.  

I watched the last two eps back to back, and I'm not sure if this was in the prior ep, but re: Bill's estate planning woes -- why doesn't he just deed everything over to Jessica while he's living, put her name on his accounts, etc?  Geez, Bill, it's not that hard to figure out!  

• Love 2

I really enjoyed this episode.  The first few episodes of the season I didn't feel like the show had much direction but I'm interested in seeing how it all ends and am wondering how they'll satisfyingly wrap it up in only three episodes.

Maybe it's just me but the b-plots have been much more tolerable this season than the last few.  The directing in this episode impressed me.  I liked the callbacks to past seasons and seeing several old characters was really nice.  I'm hoping they find a way to show Godric one more time before the show ends (either when Eric dies which I don't think will happen or at some other point).

• Love 1

With only 3 episodes left in this entire series and this is all we're getting so far? I just can't realistically see things being wrapped up in a good (acceptable) way. Yet again they're spreading too many mini plots into each episode. I could care less about Andy and Holly and their family drama. Same for Arlene falling in love for the third time onscreen. I don't even care about Adalyn and her sex life with her soon to be step-brother. (Added fact....technically she's still a baby or at least a toddler. Eww.) Cut all that shit out and focus on the main characters. But I know that won't happen. Wishful thinking I guess.

• Love 8

The only thing that bothered me about Sookie/Bill having sex is that they've made allusions to HIV as part of the Hep-V storyline.  Given that, for me it wasn't romantic or touching to watch; it was gross and uncomfortable- especially since you can see his disease.

• Love 1

She's been on in previous seasons. Last time I can recall seeing her had to do with Pam, but I'm sure there are other incidents I can't remember off the top of my head.

She also helped Sookie when she was attacked by Marianne as the maenad. She pulled a claw (?) out of her back to help heal her. 

Yes, most of this episode was just ridiculous, and the episode crawled. One of the more ridiculous things was when Andy asked Holly whose pick up was there and she said it was he ex-husbands, indicating that Adilyn and the boy (who's name I can't remember) drove to Fort Bellfleur in it (otherwise why would it be there). Then Holly remembers her ex-husband has a cabin in Oklahoma City and they decide that they kids must have gone there. I know they are worried and not thinking clearly, but how the hell do they think the kids got there WITHOUT taking the damn pickup truck. Did they walk from Louisiana to Oklahoma City? It's a 6 hour drive! 

Edited by Desiree
  • Love 7

Why haven't Violet and Jason been living in her house if it's been there all the time?

I LOL when Sarah said, "I choose me!" Of course she does. Her character is one of the few things keepingme amused tthis season.

Loved Jason vacuuming. I'm almost surprised he has a vacuum let alone that he actually uses it.

Violet's plan is boring. Why did she wait before showing them her true colors? It just felt like filler.

Cure Eric already, show.

I rolled my eyes when they started playing the Bill/Sookie music.

Well, that was just.........not really worth my time. I guess we're back to boring until the end. All those Bill flashbacks have better have a really good point to them, because they are wasting a shitload of story time, & I don't give a damn about his past.

I am so over Violet, just finish her already. I would like to see more Keith though, nice dreams Arlene.

When did Merlotte's become Bellefleur's? I don't remember that happening.

• Love 1

Why the hell did they end the episode like that?  True Blood use to be known for having "Holy shit!" cliffhanger endings every episode, but now we're basically ending on Bill's O-face?  Was I suppose to be impressed that Bill/Sookie happened?  Because I saw that coming a mile away.  I don't even hate Bill, but I was thinking/hoping the reason they were doing this was because he was going to die and turn into goo, all over Sookie.  But, nope.  It's just a regular hook-up.  Yay?

Steven Newlin!  Glad they found a way to get him back, by being a hallucination in Sarah's mind.  He was such a perfect weasel.  I'm still holding out hope they'll find some way to work in a Jesus and/or Russell cameo.  That said, I do hope Sarah is actually captured this time, and she doesn't magically escape again.  This story really needs to come to a close.

On the other hand, these Bill flashbacks just need to end.  They better have a good reason for all this crap.  Only reason I somewhat was amused by it this time was because I'm guessing Bill was suppose to be in his teens/early twenties, and their attempt to make Stephen Moyer look that young, cracked me up.  Oh, and Mr. Compton calling his future wife "comely."  Mr. Compton must have high standards if he considers Shannon Lucio "comely."

Cool to see Hoyt again, but Jason crushing on his new girlfriend/Bridget is just ridiculous.  Jason's horndog antics can easily cross from hilarious to just plain annoying, and that's what happened tonight.  If he and Bridget actually hook up, then I will really think even less of Jason.

Oh, Adilyn and Wade.  You two are such morons.  Hopefully, Violet won't actually kill them, but is just using them (mainly Adilyn) as bait for Jessica.  I really don't want Andy and Holly to lose their kids.  This whole plot is such a throwaway, but Chris Bauer and Lauren Bowles really are saving it, and make me root for Andy/Holly.

I'm all for Carrie Preston getting more to do, but Arlene getting her groove back isn't exactly high on my list.  The Arllene/Sam scene was nice though.

Hey, Niell!  Bye, Niell!

Oh, Jessica.  Sleeping in the same bed with Bill isn't weird at all, when you consider some of the other protegee/maker relationships on this show.  Looking at you, Eric and Pam!  But, I wouldn't want you two any other way!

I know he was only introduced an episode ago, but I kind of love Gus.  It might just be because I love Will Yun Lee in general.

Only three episode left?  Man, this really doesn't feel like a final season at all.  I just don't find any of the stakes to be that big. Anything that should be big (Eric and Bill getting Hep-V, Tara's death), is just plodding along.  I'm not saying it has to have the intensity that Breaking Bad had, but it's feeling more and more like Dexter's final season.

• Love 1

I hate the Bill flashbacks, but I loved his wig and thought he looked super sexy, so I was fine with them this episode.

I don't understand why anyone would think that being a Fairy is useless. They can read minds, for cryin' out loud! Who hasn't fantasized about having the ability to do that?!? I get the whole "It's more of a curse than a blessing" crap, but I don't care. I would love it, and it has been a huge advantage/saving grace for Sookie and her loved ones many times over (when the writers decide to even acknowledge that she has this ability). Also, the whole shooting light that knocks people on their ass...super cool! 

Jason ogling Hoyt's girlfriend was too much. The only point I can see to this is a redemption of sorts. The show is establishing a strong attraction to the woman on Jason's behalf to set up a situation where she comes onto him and he refuses her against all odds.  I have to admit, it would also be nice to see a girl who was not tempted by Jason for once, so maybe she'll be the one who refuses him? In all likelihood though, they'll end up fucking and I'll end up rolling my eyes. 

Edited by Zima
  • Love 2

As awesome as Dr. Ludwig was, I have to question her claim that she has no predators...being as she's scared shitless of being eaten by fairies.

Did we know before that she's a dwarf - as in, the mythical race of creatures, as opposed to a little person?

I was OK with this episode until the scene of Sookie running across the cemetery in her white nightgown. I'm sure it was supposed to be a callback to S1, but it was just so cheesy and OTT -- even for this show.

My favorite part was that, even though it was the middle of the day when Niall told Sookie that Bill's condition couldn't be changed, she just had to wait until the middle of the night to head over to Bill's.

Sookie just can't resist running around outside at night alone, even when Hep-V vampires are everywhere.

• Love 1

OK, so, important things we've established this episode:

Bill, when he's not doing stupid insane vampire shit, is now and always has been boring.

There are still fairies all over the place.

Arlene needs to get laid.

Jason needs to get neutered.

And, believe it or not, nobody wants to borrow a 500 year old dildo.

• Love 14

Mmm... this episode did basically nothing for me too. With only 3 episodes left I wish they'd filmed less fillers, but then again I guess that once the Hep-V vampires were all killed, they didn't have lots of ideas.

I wish Eric/Pam, Sarah Newlin and the Yakuza could all make it to Bon Temps so that we could at least "feel" like the whole cast is all together for similar purposes and not completely disjointed like I felt this time.

And as much as I like characters like Arlene or Sam, I really don't care a lot about their B plotlines either. And I care even less for characters I don't like at all, like Violet. I hope she gets killed next episode.

However, even though I'm not a Bill hater (I actually like him most of the times), I really don't get the point of all the flashbacks. The only thing that might justify them is:

Speaking of undying love, I think the whole Bill flashback endgame is that Caroline is an infected vampire and is going to come back to Bon Temps.

That's exactly what I thought. Not necessarily infected, but that she is a vampire and, obviously, still alive. They're showing Caroline more and more pointing out that Bill really loved her, that it was even love at first sight for them... why keep wasting our time with Caroline unless she'll come back?

By the way, even though we saw it coming from miles away, I really disliked Bill/Sookie. I got it Sookie, the episode is called "May Be The Last Time", Niall told you that Bill can't be cured with magic, he's dying and you feel guilty that he got infected because of you, so... why not a last hook up? But sweetie, Alcide died what,  three days ago??? I mean really:

day n. 1 - Alcide just died: you can't have sex with another man when your boyfriend has just been killed. Better going off helping your friends saving Arlene & co.

day n. 2 - She slept a whole day because she got drunk at the funny party called celebration of life

day n. 3 - She had sex with Bill

Her mourning is almost as fast as Brooke Logan's! -_-

And what was the deal with Jason? Bridget was pretty, but him drooling over her was just pathetic, not funny. A step backward for the character imho and I can't understand why because Ryan Kwanten even managed to give Jason more layers than he probably has in the writers' mind...

I wonder if Bill or Eric will die before taking the cure: at the rate of Bill's disease I'd say Eric has highest chances to survive, but Eric is not banging Sookie again (at least, not at the moment) since, apparently, Bill/Sookie is endgame, so... who knows. But I'm pretty sure writers have some other Big Death up their sleeves and make them both Hep-V positive led me to think that only one of them will survive at the end. And sorry Bill, but as far as I'm concerned I'll always pick Eric over you.

• Love 1

I hope Jason acting like a walking erection around Bridget was meant to be just a one-off joke, like, "Ha ha, Jason wants to hump another of Hoyt's girlfriends, he's so silly" and nothing actually comes of it. It was almost too over-the-top to be taken seriously. Jason's a horndog, yeah, but he was acting like a 12-year-old who just saw boobies for the first time.

That's exactly what I thought. Not necessarily infected, but that she is a vampire and, obviously, still alive. They're showing Caroline more and more pointing out that Bill really loved her, that it was even love at first sight for them... why keep wasting our time with Caroline unless she'll come back?

I keep thinking it either means that Bill dies and goes to be with his family and first/true love.  Or they're going to imply that Sookie is Caroline reincarnated or a decedent of the same Fae....basically trying to say that Bill/Sookie were fated from the very start.  I'm not opposed to Bill/Sookie ending up together but I kind of like the first option better, there's something poetic about it, that he finally gets to go home.

Maybe I'm being Captain Obvious right now but I'm just remembering that Sookie brought up the fact that she has the power to take out a vampire, but it would be a one time thing. Anyone think she going to use her one time hit on Violet?

It was nice seeing Hyot again but I don't understand Jason. Yes, Bridget is pretty but Jason's reactions were over the top.

I think Bridget is set to be the Jessica in a new Jason betrayal of Hoyt, reprising the original triangle. Revisiting or redoing old stories is the season theme. The three way hug was just bizarre if Bridget isn't reciprocating. 

I'm wondering if Bridget is Fae or something similarly supernatural? 

• Love 1
Doesn't Bill know when Caroline died, presumably as an old lady? Bill kept tabs on his family long after he was turned - I assume he would know if Caroline disappeared and became a vampire.

Why did I think Lorena killed Bill's family?  For some reason I was sure that Bill tried to go back to his family after becoming a vampire and she killed them.  

Why did I think Lorena killed Bill's family?  For some reason I was sure that Bill tried to go back to his family after becoming a vampire and she killed them.

He returned to them and exposed himself -- as a vampire, hee hee -- and freaked Caroline the hell out. Lorena had to glamour her to forget the whole thing, and scolded Bill for thinking he could still be part of their human world. I could swear we already knew that Caroline lived to old age. We do know that his daughter Sarah grew up and married (her daughter married into the Bellefleur clan) and Bill visited her when she was on her death bed.

I believe the Lettie/Lafayette scene was literally about 30 seconds. And didn't include Tara. The 'previously' scenes probably had more screen time of them. Why bother? 

Eric being a dick about everything, in every situation, seems silly. It's as if he has a death wish - but it also makes him seem sort of dumb - he doesn't seem to be calculating or planning anything. He and Pam seem to be playing the same scenes with the Japanese company men over and over. 

I was surprised that the episode ended without any 'big' moments. Maybe they are saving all the killing for the last episodes. 

Wouldn't Bon Temps be pretty devastated at this point? Aren't Andy and Jason about the only people left in the Sheriff's department?  It seems odd that things are back to normal after a good chunk of the town's population have been killed by vampires or other townsfolk. 

As awesome as Dr. Ludwig was, I have to question her claim that she has no predators...being as she's scared shitless of being eaten by fairies.

She said she had no "natural" predators. The fae probably don't qualify as natural.