Type keyword(s) to search

Ben and Mahogany

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Just one crazy question.  How in the hell does this creeper think that watching a 52 year old former youth pastor trying to get some 22 year old tail on television will bring (good) attention to the Michigan Lupus Foundation?

It's beginning to look like this whole "relationship" was a poorly thought out publicity stunt that backfired BIG TIME! 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, magemaud said:

WOW!   It's a 25-MINUTE video!  I've watched only two minutes/thirty and already I've fallen in love with the guy.  So handsome.  So sincere.  WHITE TEETH!  Drinking coffee (out of a secret PERU mug from his secret PERU trip--he wants SO MUCH to tell us more...but he "signed a contract").  Women all over the world will be fighting over this Man-O-God!  Sorry...I am so drawn to Ben I just can't stay away...more later.riley rose critchlow vomit GIF by Anime Crimes Division

Edited by Back Atcha
  • LOL 10
2 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

How in the hell does this creeper think that watching a 52 year old former youth pastor trying to get some 22 year old tail on television will bring (good) attention to the Michigan Lupus Foundation?  

Now, to be fair he thought she was 24 when he started filming. HUGE difference 🤣

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

He was even more handsome when he put on his Clark Kent glasses! 

And...because his glasses were dirty or cloudy, HE thought he was even more handsome than WE did!!  He said, "That type is so small," as he removed his glasses-for-the-over-40-male.

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, goofygirl said:

So.... Is Lupus the reason his eye is wanky???

No, Ben himself doesn't have Lupus. This quote is from an article which cites the reason he went to work for the Lupus Foundation: 

"The charity, which he started heading in 2015, brought him on because he is emotionally connected to the disease, due to a family friend who was diagnosed with lupus and struggled with it for many years."

Edited by magemaud
10 hours ago, magemaud said:

he is emotionally connected to the disease

Well, this is a man who said he and Mahogany shared a deep emotional and spiritual connection after 3 short months of texts (no calls, no video chat)....Guessing he heard a friend of a friend of a friend had lupus and spun that into a job

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

WOW!   It's a 25-MINUTE video!  I've watched only two minutes/thirty and already I've fallen in love with the guy.  So handsome.  So sincere.  WHITE TEETH!  Drinking coffee (out of a secret PERU mug from his secret PERU trip--he wants SO MUCH to tell us more...but he "signed a contract").  Women all over the world will be fighting over this Man-O-God!  Sorry...I am so drawn to Ben I just can't stay away...more later.riley rose critchlow vomit GIF by Anime Crimes Division

Tried to watch but no sound.  I am secretly grateful.

• LOL 3
21 hours ago, magemaud said:

It's beginning to look like this whole "relationship" was a poorly thought out publicity stunt that backfired BIG TIME! 

This guy is a lifelong liar, user, and manipulator.  I am so sorry for his former wife and his children.  His surname is unusual and they must be humiliated on a daily basis.  He used his paid position at a non-profit foundation as an excuse to get time off work (paid?) for PR for THEM...when it's really yet ANOTHER self-serving scam.  Sooner...rather than later, he'll become so public that past "infractions" will catch up to him. He might be able to "star" in a completely different type of television production.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Tried to watch but no sound.  I am secretly grateful.

There should be an mute/unmute box in the lower right corner. I recommend it, even if you can only get through the first five minutes where he teases about the mysterious Peru trip! 

• Useful 1
22 hours ago, magemaud said:

Maybe. They could be a real couple who made up a fake storyline. I doubt that most parents would support their 22 year old daughter having a boyfriend 30 years older than her.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

They could be a real couple who made up a fake storyline

My theory is that they're a FAKE couple who made up a fake storyline in order to get on TV. Ben was supposedly promoting Lupus Awareness and Mahogany could very well be an actress who agreed to star in their cooked up telenovela. It was going to be a win-win for both of them until TPTB at Ben's job didn't like the negative association with his actions. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:
4 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

He might be able to "star" in a completely different type of television production.

His story reminds me of shows I've seen on the ID channel, or maybe Dateline or 20/20.

Two minds working as ONE!!!!

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

If my 22 year old announced an engagement to a 50 year old dude, I might change the will.

Why bother? There’s a good chance that you’ll outlive the dude.

• LOL 18
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

As I said in the live chat, if my 22 year old daughter rolled up with a wonky eyed pervy god-bothering "boyfriend" 30 years older than her, I would be deploying the phrases "over my dead body" and "change my will" with a QUICKNESS.

Why not just hire a P.I. ??  At least he could find the ex-wife and children whom your daughter might need to meet.

• Love 1

I love the snark, but I have to draw the line for myself at making fun of someone's "wonky" eye. My child was born with an eye issue which has caused a "wonky" eye. We spent years of his baby/childhood trying to patch (try keeping an eye patch on a baby.) and doing whatever the dr's recommended to try to improve it to no avail. It has never held him back from most of his endeavors and he has a great job with a great company. However, it breaks my heart to think how many times he had to pretend he didn't hear, or it didn't bother him to hear nasty remarks about something he had no contrrol over. 

I am not attacking anyone in particular, I have just seen that remark so many times, I felt I had to speak my piece.

• Love 19

So disappointed to see the preview where she appears to kiss him...after saying how it is all so confusing. No, it actually is not----anyone with half a brain can see that Ben isn't all there in the head......Either this entire thing is scripted (which if it is then he isnt' in on the joke because I doubt this tool could be that good of an actor) or she has decided well WTH he is going home why not toss a crumb and perhaps get more $$ from him down the line.....sort of like Lana with David. 

• Love 5

I love the snark, but I have to draw the line for myself at making fun of someone's "wonky" eye. My child was born with an eye issue

I'm truly sorry for what your child has had to endure. I'm not sure if I ever referred to Ben's eye in this forum but when I see his face I think something along the lines of "self inflicted facial deformation because of his toxic narcissism"

• Love 6
1 hour ago, lilysmom said:

I love the snark, but I have to draw the line for myself at making fun of someone's "wonky" eye. My child was born with an eye issue which has caused a "wonky" eye. We spent years of his baby/childhood trying to patch (try keeping an eye patch on a baby.) and doing whatever the dr's recommended to try to improve it to no avail. It has never held him back from most of his endeavors and he has a great job with a great company. However, it breaks my heart to think how many times he had to pretend he didn't hear, or it didn't bother him to hear nasty remarks about something he had no contrrol over. 

I am not attacking anyone in particular, I have just seen that remark so many times, I felt I had to speak my piece.

You are absolutely right @lilysmom, and I apologize for using that descriptor. It is hurtful and unkind, and I am truly, truly sorry. 

• Love 9
On 3/24/2022 at 11:45 AM, magemaud said:

There should be an mute/unmute box in the lower right corner. I recommend it, even if you can only get through the first five minutes where he teases about the mysterious Peru trip! 

I did! I will try it at home.

5 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

So disappointed to see the preview where she appears to kiss him...after saying how it is all so confusing. No, it actually is not----anyone with half a brain can see that Ben isn't all there in the head......Either this entire thing is scripted (which if it is then he isnt' in on the joke because I doubt this tool could be that good of an actor) or she has decided well WTH he is going home why not toss a crumb and perhaps get more $$ from him down the line.....sort of like Lana with David. 

100% this.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, lilysmom said:

I love the snark, but I have to draw the line for myself at making fun of someone's "wonky" eye.

Love this and agree with everything you said.  It's also just mediocre snarking - come on people, there are SO MANY other, better things to rag on about Ben that ARE under his control - his Peruvian fashion sense (snicker), his texts (omg!), and his confusion at Mahogany's coldness to him - why did she not hear from God, did she hang up, did she not get the voice mail?

Edited by Xena
  • Love 12
On 3/25/2022 at 12:47 PM, Stuckathome said:

I have tried to think of all the outcomes to the kiss preview.

1. they do not kiss, they go in for the kiss and stop short

2. She gives him a quick peck and it is a goodbye

3. It is a cliffhanger for another season?

4. He says we never really kissed, how do we know if it is real or not. They kiss and hopefully she says it is not real and they part.

The whole thing has seem scripted to me too. Even this final meeting and possible kiss. It is almost sunset, they are an a photo ready spot, meeting for the last time before he leaves. It is like a movie set if not for the bad acting and storyline. 

• Love 5
22 hours ago, silverspoons said:

The whole thing has seem scripted to me too. Even this final meeting and possible kiss. It is almost sunset, they are an a photo ready spot, meeting for the last time before he leaves. It is like a movie set if not for the bad acting and storyline. 

Every time I see that preview I think it’s a scene from a bad telenovela. 

• Love 3
On 3/26/2022 at 4:47 PM, silverspoons said:

I have tried to think of all the outcomes to the kiss preview.

1. they do not kiss, they go in for the kiss and stop short

2. She gives him a quick peck and it is a goodbye

3. It is a cliffhanger for another season?

4. He says we never really kissed, how do we know if it is real or not. They kiss and hopefully she says it is not real and they part.

All four are incorrect, my friend.

On 3/25/2022 at 1:47 PM, Stuckathome said:

No script - there are plenty of people who were brought up in weird cult religions and need to get help as it like being in a emotionally abusive relationship - except they don't know it till they are out.

• Useful 1
On 3/26/2022 at 5:47 PM, silverspoons said:

I The whole thing has seem scripted to me too. 

"Mahogany" needs to stop showing up, acting upset, and walking off. What, 5 times now? The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior, what exactly does she think will change with him? Is she getting a bonus to drag this out because no Ella/Johnny and no Alina/Caleb? 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 8
On 3/24/2022 at 11:45 AM, magemaud said:

Do I have to?

Well, good for her. She never asked him to come to Peru, she was probably just (as many 22-year-olds do) having fun flirting online with an older man, she never told him he was her boyfriend, sensibly didn't let him know where she lives, didn't respond to his creepy wall of text bombs, and finally, when he's trying (and failing) to manipulate her, she gets up and walks away, and as he's saying "I don't understand why you're doing this" she replies "that's okay" with no need to explain herself or justify why she doesn't want to be in his presence any longer.

Women are taught to be polite and accommodating, and predators take advantage of this. Mahogany was entirely justified in her actions.

• Love 15
7 hours ago, essexjan said:

Well, good for her. She never asked him to come to Peru, she was probably just (as many 22-year-olds do) having fun flirting online with an older man, she never told him he was her boyfriend, sensibly didn't let him know where she lives, didn't respond to his creepy wall of text bombs, and finally, when he's trying (and failing) to manipulate her, she gets up and walks away, and as he's saying "I don't understand why you're doing this" she replies "that's okay" with no need to explain herself or justify why she doesn't want to be in his presence any longer.

Women are taught to be polite and accommodating, and predators take advantage of this. Mahogany was entirely justified in her actions.

I’m a broken record about this … but Mahogany got $1000 out of him— a “loan.” She’s a scam artist. (I hate Ben too.)

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, judylo said:

I’m a broken record about this … but Mahogany got $1000 out of him— a “loan.” She’s a scam artist. (I hate Ben too.)

I think she’s the same as Lana (from Ukraine), a scammer who was contacted by TLC and decided why not make some easy money out of this.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

This is assuming that being in Ben's presence for more than a minute can be construed as "easy," of course.

And when she kissed him, she earned every cent! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, judylo said:

She earned every penny.  We ALL earned it just listening to him!  That jerk doesn't have enough money to pay his child support, yet he can leave his job (probably scammed the foundation since he was on a Lupus PR journey) for weeks AND can cough up $1,000 for someone online.  Someone he wasn't sure was a man or a woman.  

• Love 8
On 3/25/2022 at 12:00 PM, Frozendiva said:

@Pepper Mostly, I wouldn’t go that far until things were serious. A 22 year old is an adult and I would hope that I raised her to be smart. This is TV and probably scripted. If my 22 year old announced an engagement to a 50 year old dude, I might change the will.

I am with Pepper Mostly. I have a 22 year old daughter (with a 24 year old boyfriend). My response, too, would be “aw….hell no!”  Luckily my daughter finds the idea of dating a guy almost as old as her dad disgusting. (Now maybe if he was like Rob Lowe (Parks & Rec fan), not so much. lol But Ben?!) 

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Chloe Dog said:

I imagine it was a rather prominent position.  What happened to this guy that he's flushing his life down the toilet?  Or maybe it was always like this and just started to unravel?

God told him to do it is the only conclusion we can draw from his previous bullshit.

• LOL 4
3 hours ago, Chloe Dog said:

I imagine it was a rather prominent position.  What happened to this guy that he's flushing his life down the toilet?  Or maybe it was always like this and just started to unravel?

Ben’s a narcissist. He never thought his appearance on this sketchy show would be his undoing. A well-balanced person considers the pros and cons before jumping into something so drastic, but when you are a narcissist, you always think that you’ll educate/convince/be applauded for your actions and things will turn out right, because you’re you.

Edited to add: And if things don’t turn out right, it wouldn’t be your fault, because as a narcissist, nothing ever is.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Love 16