Type keyword(s) to search

Ben and Mahogany

• Start Topic

Ben 52 (Fraser, MI) and Mahogany, 24 (San Bartolo, Peru). When Ben, a former pastor in a strict, conservative religious sect, broke free from confinement and his marriage, he struggled to find his way forward.  After a bout of homelessness, he eventually found work as a model and caught Mahogany's eye after being featured in a fitness magazine.  Her fateful DM led to an intense texting relationship.  Bonded by their similar religious views, they fell in love and began making plans to meet in person, despite a 28 year age difference.  Ben's friends and family see countless red flags, from the significant age gap between them to the fact that they have never video chatted, but Ben believes that God has brought them together and this is the path he is meant to follow.  Is their relationship divine will, or is Ben blinded to the possibility that Mahogany may not be the person she said she is?

• Love 2

So Ben thinks his ex-wife isn't over him?   Nope, she's over him not supporting the kids, and sending the money to his fictional girlfriend in Peru.    I've known people who belonged to some conservative churches, and when there's a divorce, for whatever reason the partners cite, the woman is blamed, and ostracized by their former congregation.  

Someday, a few years from now,  Ben will need help from his kids, and they'll be reluctant to help him, because he dumped them for a piece of tail.   I'm really hoping his girlfriend in Peru doesn't exist.      My guess is the 'modeling' career is body building related, and eventually he'll age out. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 11

As I mentioned on the latest episode thread, I love it when these catfishers have "selfies" that are obviously professionally wardrobed and photographed in front of perfect spotless backgrounds, all while the person in the photo is doing everything with their hands except holding a telephone at arm's length.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Burning Rubber said:

Am I bad at reading body language? You be the judge!

I think his kids and ex passionately hate him.

Even more than we do, maybe.  

There's let's-get-rid-of-your-zit filters then there's FUCK-YOUR-REAL-FACE-HERES-A-NEW-ONE FILTERS.  Either way, is she really interested in Branch Davidian Ginger Patrick Bateman? Methinks maybe no.

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Methinks maybe no.

I think she is interested in anyone who is willing to get her out of Peru....or let her stay there and send her "loans" once in a while.....did he ever say what Mahogany does for work? Guessing they didnt' get that far. And it doesn't matter because God will provide. 

I assume he is paying child support for at least some of those kids (can't remember how many were over 18) and possibly alimony and I hope lives in a sad single Dad apartment (that we weren't shown much of). If she lives in a tarp covered shack, that may be enough for her, but guessing nope....easier to stay where she is and continue to collect $$ catfishing. 

• Love 5

I was hoping she turns out to be The Williams or at least a Maria.

But as they say the night is young and there have not been any photos or clips from the show showing that he actually meets her.

Personally I think this guy is full of shit and glad his ex wife is free from him.  Plus since he's attracted a catfish, that means his info goes on a list which is sold to other people catfishing.

I agree with the posters above.  His kids hate him and his ex wife as well. If push came to shove and he needed something, his kids would laugh their ass off.

• Love 11

Maybe he is paying her to say she is his girlfriend to promote himself for his modeling career??? 

Whatever the reason is they don't meet (or do meet), I am here for it. I cannot stand most (or any) of the other couples; I need a reason to continue watching this dumpster fire of a season. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 1/17/2022 at 1:46 PM, essexjan said:

"I'm not going through a mid-life crisis" he says, polishing the motorcycle he bought a month ago. I usually have a tiny amount of sympathy for the sad, lonely people on this show who get scammed, but this guy? Nope. I'm looking forward to his downfall and humiliation. He's vain and stupid and deserves everything he gets.

100% agree. He’s not just pathetic (I can deal with pathetic) - he’s a surly jackass who has treated his kids like garbage. I look forward to any and all future humiliation. And I hope his kids drink tea made of his boiled tears. 

• Love 14

I can only imagine what being married to Ben the self-centered fool would do to any person.   The ex-wife doesn't have to like him, and Ben's statement that she's not over him is laughable.   I bet she's been over his rotten attitude for years. 

However, depending on their specific religious group, I'm guessing that she took the blame for the divorce, even though it all seems to be Ben's idea.     I'm really hoping his 'girlfriend' Mahogany, shows him what a fool he is.     Telling the kids that he needs to dump them for his girlfriend, who is barely older than his kids, or maybe younger than at least one of them, is ridiculous.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I can only imagine what being married to Ben the self-centered fool would do to any person.   The ex-wife doesn't have to like him, and Ben's statement that she's not over him is laughable. 

I am here for the ride as well and hope this fool is totally humiliated. He is so self absorbed....I do wonder at what point did he start working out and heard the word of the Lord whisper that he was too hot to stay with his frumpy wife? Seriously....he had an "awakening" and somehow decided he "deserved" a "better" wife. He is a middle age cliche and I feel so sorry for his children. I would say I feel sorry for his ex wife but she actually should count her blessings that she is rid of this d-bag from hell. The fact that we didn't see much of his apartment and his loan was only $1000 (compared to the tens of thousands we typically hear about on this show) tells me that he doesn't have much $$. If he does end up meeting a woman in Peru and brings her over, I think she is in for a sad awakening, sort of like Leda a few seasons ago. Shows up to crappy, dirty apartment and realizes oh shit most of his pay check goes to alimony and child support. LOL

And I really don't think that any woman who isn't a virgin is willing to wait until marriage.....hence the young age of his targets. And, the Lord doesn't look too well on divorcing and dumping 4 kids either does he? Yeah, Ben all the women watching heard that line about saving it for marriage adn said, YEP, he is probably worse than Hamza in the sack. 

Edited by Stuckathome
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

Yeah, Ben all the women watching heard that line about saving it for marriage adn said, YEP, he is probably worse than Hamza in the sack.

As soon as all that crap got started I turned to the hubs and said, I bet this guy is HORRIBLE in bed.  Inexperienced, repressed, AND entitled!  I hope his ex wife finds someone to rock her world in midlife, now that she's free of him.

• Love 11
On 1/19/2022 at 1:03 PM, Stuckathome said:

I am here for the ride as well and hope this fool is totally humiliated. He is so self absorbed....I do wonder at what point did he start working out and heard the word of the Lord whisper that he was too hot to stay with his frumpy wife? Seriously....he had an "awakening" and somehow decided he "deserved" a "better" wife.

On 1/19/2022 at 4:53 PM, glitterpussy said:

As soon as all that crap got started I turned to the hubs and said, I bet this guy is HORRIBLE in bed.  Inexperienced, repressed, AND entitled!  I hope his ex wife finds someone to rock her world in midlife, now that she's free of him.

I agree w/everything you both said. I can't think of a set up more prone to make him feel more entitled and repressed at the same time as an upbringing in a cult religious environment where he's been groomed to be entitled and oblivious to social norms and kept from healthy attitudes about sex and relationships. I read somewhere he is a 3rd generation pastor. See also: Mary RHOSLC and her church/cult and her hoarding millions in unworn designer clothes. 

My supposition is that someone in the Nigerian scammer society got a hold of Mohagany's pix and video OR they buy this material from her and it's how she makes a living. Dramatic story unfolds where Ben forgives her and they have a come to Jesus meeting against the bad guys. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 1/18/2022 at 6:34 AM, LEILANI2 said:

There's photos of the real Mahogany on Reddit from TLC Media. She is real and borrowed Rebecca's filters.

image.png.763954272786d27cff779ffb9b497908.png

If that’s the real her on the left she’s refreshingly naturally pretty.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
On 1/19/2022 at 4:20 PM, magemaud said:

Doesn't it look like the Real Mahogany is "flat as a board"? I'll bet she is going to ask Ben to pay for her breast implants next. 

She still has some puberty to go through first. LOL!

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
On 1/23/2022 at 7:18 PM, greekmom said:

Possible cult Ben and family might have been involved 

Screenshot_20220123-221333_Instagram~2.jpg

I don't know what "lioooss" is but if they were in this cult, wouldn't the wife be skinny and glamorous too? I didn't get a good glimpse of her but she seemed to be fairly average build and dressed down. Maybe she's just rebelled against the ridiculous hair and makeup after leaving the cult?

The documentary about this cult is super interesting, I was sad it was only 3 episodes.

• Love 1
On 1/18/2022 at 7:34 AM, LEILANI2 said:

There's photos of the real Mahogany on Reddit from TLC Media. She is real and borrowed Rebecca's filters.

image.png.763954272786d27cff779ffb9b497908.png

She is pretty as she is! Why use the filter? Oh, I weep at what we've become 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

She is pretty as she is! Why use the filter? Oh, I weep at what we've become 

To me she looks a lot better without the filter but what do I know, I'm old.

The internet should have stopped at cat videos & we would all be a lot happier for it.

• Love 18
On 1/30/2022 at 10:35 PM, Frozendiva said:

Interesting.

I was actually hoping the catfish would be an older women BUT with the same ideas and religious beliefs that Ben says he is so attracted to. What would he do or say? He says his love has nothing to do with her age or beauty but tit is all about the connection.  Lets see Ben.

I do not think they were part of that cult mentioned above with the weight loss Gwen that died. 

My guess is closer to an offshoot of the Duggars, IBLP. There are many small groups interlocked. My thesis dealt with Mormon in relgion and I have lived in a polygamist community (as an observor not a member). There are so many small groups that no one knows about, some homeschool their kids, don;t live in subdivsions so you don;t even know these groups exist. Look at the Plath kids on TLC until they were cast on the show most had no brith certifcates, born at home, homeschooled , lived on a farm , so until TLC needed the birth certifcates, the kids were not even counted or known of on record.  One family I followed for years, the Maxwells, educated parents  good upper middle class life, just moved to Kansas and sheltered their family to the extremes. They could not even go to church, they would visit a smalll rural nursing home on Sundays and talk to the senior citizens. Now they have a second geenratopn, and in a few years starting a third generation. They have found like minded people to marry from all pver the country living the same way.  To compare the Maxwell's make  the Duggars look like wild liberal partiers. 

Edited by silverspoons
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

The unfiltered photo ...she looks like a Duggar daughter.  Any of them, they're pretty interchangeable at this point.

As with the Catfish show, the producers have actually been in contact with the catfish... so I wonder if TLC has met/spoken with the person in the photos or if it's a legit catfish situation.  I can't imagine it would be, they'd have been on early episodes at some point, right?  Or is this a new way to get people interested in the Tell Nothing?

To quote Shaun Robinson:  "What is going on?"

• LOL 3

Did anyone see the Celeb Talk guy's video on Ben today. He has a clip of some sort of live Ben did. Ben said he was recruted to be on some island show. It did not work out and then 90 day contacted him.  Sounded like he really wanted to be on TV. Timeframe is off? anyone know where the video is from. I cant believe TLC would let him talk during the season.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 1/19/2022 at 6:46 AM, Xena said:

IT'S GODS WILL!   This guy, Kody Brown, and every man on Seeking Sister Wives.

Dudes - I have spoken directly to god.  She said to tell you that it isn't her speaking to you!   

And dang - God certainly has a TYPE, amirite?  Never tells them to go for the slighly chubby, older, smart and interesting woman.

Totally!  The whole time this ridiculously pompous fool is saying that this “relationship” is led by God I’m thinking sure, because God is SO rooting for you to bang a girl who could be your child!  The fact that this asshole’s last fiancé was 28 and that he has been catfished before tells me all I need to know about this sick, horny old guy with the wonky eye.  Like damn, if you really were searching for a soul mate, what’s wrong with ladies from Michigan who are closer to your age and share your cultural references and experiences?  He’s a self centered pig.  Nah, he’s not going through a midlife crisis!  Not at all . . . Please Jesus, please let me bang this 22 year old girl!  We will pray the whole time.

Edited by HighlandWarriorGrl
  • Love 20
22 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Please Jesus, please let me bang this 22 year old girl!  We will pray the whole time.

allegedly he won't do the deed outside of marriage.....I call BS on that one, lol...as soon as they are together a few days, it will be god's will they screw, since they are destined to be married anyway

• Love 8

He even said something like "thank God she is real and beautiful" or whatever. Like yes, thank god she wasn't ugly!! Cause then it wouldn't have been god's plan.

This is 100% fictional story and Mahogany is a bad actress. Plus Ben is SO creepy going in straight with the TE AMO repeated enough times to really drive it home that she did not respond. Then he's acting all surprised she didn't say it back.

BRO SHE DONT EVEN KNOW YOU

• LOL 1
  • Love 8