Type keyword(s) to search

Ben and Mahogany

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Ben’s a narcissist. He never thought his appearance on this sketchy show would be his undoing. A well-balanced person considers the pros and cons before jumping into something so drastic, but when you are a narcissist, you always think that you’ll educate/convince/be applauded for your actions and things will turn out right, because you’re you.

I bet his ex-wife and kids would agree with that assessment.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Chloe Dog said:

I imagine it was a rather prominent position. 

He was "executive director" of the Michigan branch. I can't imagine he was fired for having a DUI and can't help but think his portrayal on the 90 Day Franchise had something to do with it. 

• Love 6
On 3/29/2022 at 6:03 AM, essexjan said:

Well, good for her. She never asked him to come to Peru, she was probably just (as many 22-year-olds do) having fun flirting online with an older man, she never told him he was her boyfriend, sensibly didn't let him know where she lives, didn't respond to his creepy wall of text bombs, and finally, when he's trying (and failing) to manipulate her, she gets up and walks away, and as he's saying "I don't understand why you're doing this" she replies "that's okay" with no need to explain herself or justify why she doesn't want to be in his presence any longer.

Women are taught to be polite and accommodating, and predators take advantage of this. Mahogany was entirely justified in her actions.

Seriously, I think Mahogany is a total stupid idiot any way I look at it.  Fortunately Ben isn’t a predator in the sense that he hasn’t physically abused her, raped her or killed her but honestly she shouldn’t be doing what she is doing, she could end up in a real hot mess, and she often talks about his immaturity…..kettle black?  And what is her end game anyway?  As much as I have no use for Ben and think he is delusional, I think he has been a lot more sincere than her. She is a total con artist and if she continues down this path it will not end well for her.

• Love 7

From Reddit, Ben's account of his DUI: 

“In September of 2020, I went to help a homeless couple living at a Red Roof Inn, and when they offered me a little plastic cup of wine, I stupidly accepted,” he tells In Touch. “When I left, I felt so tired I stopped at a hotel for the night and completely lost the next 24 hours. Apparently, they had spiked the drink.”

“The next day, I attempted to drive home and hit the curb disabling my car,” he says. “The police did a breathalyzer and found no alcohol, but later they did a blood draw at the station and found flubromazolam in my system.”

Sorry, calling BS! If they do a breathalyzer and you blow a 0, wouldn't you just be sent on your merry way?? Or if you are still acting strange, taken to the hospital, not arrested? 

Edited: so on reddit someone informed me that even if he blew under the limit if he acts impaired they will take him in and draw blood. So that part could be legit....however, I still call BS on this story. Love how he had to put in there that he was helping a homeless couple. Nothing is ever his fault (eye roll). 

Edited by Stuckathome
  • LOL 6
  • Love 12
Just now, Stuckathome said:

Only way this story makes sense to me-----he went to the hotel to meet up with two hot young chicks he met online, drank something and they drugged and robbed him. I mean, of course he went there to do the Lord's work. 

He is lucky he still has his kidney, he keeps going to strange hotel rooms or apartments!

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Ha! Sure Uncle Ben. Like that one time when Michael Jackson stopped at your house to use the bathroom. This is soo believable.

And Kimbaallly was with him!  

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
Just now, Frozendiva said:

The homeless couple gave him wine? Hmmm. A pastor type, doing good work? Why would they spike the wine? Story smells.

It stinks never mind smells & just proves he is so full of shit he makes a septic tank seem floral. He cannot take any responsibility for anything that goes wrong and in his mind is always the "hero" who was only doing god's work and everyone else is evil.

He shouldn't be anywhere near children, women, the needy, homeless or animals and is one of the creepiest people on tv.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Stuckathome said:

Only way this story makes sense to me-----he went to the hotel to meet up with two hot young chicks he met online, drank something and they drugged and robbed him. I mean, of course he went there to do the Lord's work. 

Very plausible. He’s lucky Chris Hanson wasn’t there.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

The homeless couple gave him wine? Hmmm. A pastor type, doing good work? Why would they spike the wine? Story smells.

Why would they spike it and not even rob him? Why does the homeless couple offer anyone wine? I agree he likely  was picked up at a club by some young girl or sex worker who drugged and robbed him.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 17
7 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Why would they spike it and not even rob him? Why does the homeless couple offer anyone wine? I agree he likely  was picked up at a club by some young girl who drugged and robbed him.

That makes sense. A woman always keeps her drink at her side to avoid it being roofied. Don’t think wine is the booze of choice for many homeless folks or addicts.  Their sharing would be most likely giving Ben a sip from the bottle. Who knows. The motel would have the ‘names’ of the guests and who paid for the room (the church, social services).

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

“When I left, I felt so tired I stopped at a hotel for the night and completely lost the next 24 hours. Apparently, they had spiked the drink.”

So, presumably he is “ministering” to this homeless couple in his home town.  If he left there, and felt SO tired, why did he look around for a hotel (when he just left one) instead of driving home and going to bed?  Or why didn’t he call one of his kids to come get him? Who stops in their home town to get a hotel room?  Unless they are getting up to something they don’t want the neighbors to see?  It totally sounds like he was meeting some “girls,” not a “couple,” and that he got drugged and robbed.  It would explain why he didn’t call family or friends when he “felt so tired.”  Have the “homeless couple” been heard from again?  If he is going to keep up this proclivity of his, he needs to at least become a better liar. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Welshman in Ca said:

It stinks never mind smells & just proves he is so full of shit he makes a septic tank seem floral. He cannot take any responsibility for anything that goes wrong and in his mind is always the "hero" who was only doing god's work and everyone else is evil.

He shouldn't be anywhere near children, women, the needy, homeless or animals and is one of the creepiest people on tv.

I think I found that Reddit thread and someone explained what that drug was and how it was unlikely for someone homeless to get it. No one gives you drugs for free and there is always a price.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

It would explain why he didn’t call family or friends when he “felt so tired.”

Hell, why didn't he just call and UBER? Or if you truly were drugged by some sketchy homeless people, call 911!!!!! Stop them from doing it to others....

Whole things stinks....I am now waiting for the other women he has chatted up online to come out of the woodwork. Pass me the popcorn....lol

• Love 15
22 minutes ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

So, presumably he is “ministering” to this homeless couple in his home town.  If he left there, and felt SO tired, why did he look around for a hotel (when he just left one) instead of driving home and going to bed?  Or why didn’t he call one of his kids to come get him? Who stops in their home town to get a hotel room?  Unless they are getting up to something they don’t want the neighbors to see?  It totally sounds like he was meeting some “girls,” not a “couple,” and that he got drugged and robbed.  It would explain why he didn’t call family or friends when he “felt so tired.”  Have the “homeless couple” been heard from again?  If he is going to keep up this proclivity of his, he needs to at least become a better liar. 

You would drive home or call a taxi company to pick you up and take you home. Even a friend to pick you up if you are not feeling well. Pick up the car the next day. Homeless folks probably didn’t give their real names. Story has more holes than a half empty box of Timbits.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

Nothing is ever his fault (eye roll). 

Can you roll just one eye?

Hypothetically, say I went to a motel to do illicit things with a 12-year-old boy and tried to roofie that boy and then accidentally picked up the wrong glass (the drugged one), because I'm a proven idiot, would that make this story more believable? Assuming that it wasn't me and the boy was a girl.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

If this was legit, wouldn’t he have a file on these folks, he would have gone with a caseworker or social worker (never alone), told people where he would be, bring an overdose kit in case it is needed, gone during business hours? Surely this isn’t some random thing he does - figure out which motels may house some hard to house people and show up unannounced? The motel would have a record of his visit, which room he visited, etc.

He should also have the awareness to not accept a drink from just anyone. Women are taught that as soon as they can legally drink.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
11 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

“In September of 2020, I went to help a homeless couple living at a Red Roof Inn, and when they offered me a little plastic cup of wine, I stupidly accepted,” he tells In Touch. “When I left, I felt so tired I stopped at a hotel for the night and completely lost the next 24 hours. Apparently, they had spiked the drink.”

Sure, Jan.

11 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

Nothing is ever his fault

Got narcissism?

Was he bleary-eyed (heh)?

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I also find it awful that he points the finger at a ‘homeless couple’ ohhhh those homeless…all thieves and addicts who take advantage of helpful souls like Ben. It is offensive and terrible, he claims to be a man of God who helps the less fortunate yet throws them under the bus when he needs to protect his image.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

I’m not as Godly as Ben, so could someone explain to me what kind of help is given to the homeless at a Red Roof Inn? Going to a soup kitchen, a church, a shelter, all of those make sense. A Red Roof Inn? Was he going to tell them bedtime stories about runaway trains and then tuck them in?

My other question is: how does any of this cockamamie tale of a homeless couple and their Oprah giveaway of some benzos explain the most recent arrest? Wasn’t it for missing a court appearance (or as Ben might call it, Mandatory Judge Time)? Or is he still working on that story?

• LOL 11
  • Love 5

No idea. There are some older hotels here that were converted to spaces for the bar do house. Don’t know if the folks are transitioning to more stable housing or if they had issues at the shelters - fighting, mental health issues, not liking the religious part. You would think the inn would have the religious folks in some conference room and the residents would attend the session.

Dont know if a basic drug test would specifically show the drug used or just a class of drugs. The story is off.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 3/31/2022 at 5:42 AM, Stuckathome said:

“The next day, I attempted to drive home and hit the curb disabling my car,” he says. “The police did a breathalyzer and found no alcohol, but later they did a blood draw at the station and found flubromazolam in my system.”

I think my late ex-husband might have come up with something like this.  We were very active in our community and he had EVERYONE believing he'd had a stroke (he WAS in the hospital for five days).  He was transported by ambulance to our world-known neurological hospital--but didn't want me to follow or visit, "You stay home and take care of the kids."

People dropped complete meals at the house--offered to take care of the kids--lots of offers of help...so I wouldn't be so "burdened."  I still remember a poster one if his friends put up in his hospital room.  Remember this guy:  The Unknown Comic?  https://www.chisholm-poster.com/posters/CL70585.html

A year or so later when he was living with his secretary-future wife, I got a bill from a different ER.  I called his neurologist worred that he'd had "another stroke."  (OH!  He said the results from the neurological hospital were that he had a bleeding aneurysm that could "go at any minute," and there was no treatment.).  The neurologist came to the phone and told me he had NEVER been treated for a stroke...had never been tested or diagnosed with an aneurysm.  Had never been taken ANYWHERE by ambulance! He was being treated for PANIC and ANXIETY.   Ah....these men.   That was 1978-79.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

My other question is: how does any of this cockamamie tale of a homeless couple and their Oprah giveaway of some benzos explain the most recent arrest? Wasn’t it for missing a court appearance (or as Ben might call it, Mandatory Judge Time)? Or is he still working on that story?

I only skimmed the linked article, but Ben said that he moved house and forget to inform the court, so the summons went to his old address and by the time he found out about it he had already missed the court date. Make of that what you will.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Does he have an equally implausible story about the “driving on a suspended license” charge? Benny, you got some ‘splainin’ to do! 

edited to add: I am further confused by his claims that he was "allowed to move to another state" while he was on probation but "forgot" to inform the court of his new address and that's why his court appointment letter went to his old address. So, where did he move? Did he still think he could be a director of a Michigan based charity after moving out of state? 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Cherpumple said:

forget to inform the court

I haven't ever been in trouble with the law, or had things of any nature (besides my divorce) pending with a court. I would imagine an upstanding man of God such as Ben would be the same, right? So, wouldn't the court be a pretty big freakin deal in your mind? I know it would for me and I would count the days until I wasn't on probation, etc and I would be DAMN sure to update my address. This man is so full of horseshit, I feel bad for his kids. I hope the ex wife appreciates what a bullet she dodged. 

Also, on reddit someone found a link to Mahog's church. She is a member of the Seventh Day Adventists and they have an online service (her very filtered pic is on there along w/her Dad). So perhaps she is a "Godly" young woman, but shame on her for trolling this old dude for cash online. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
On 3/31/2022 at 12:43 PM, Frozendiva said:

Right, a homeless couple (and if they were living at a Red Roof Inn on a weekly rate, perhaps they were not technically homeless--even basic RRs are not "cheap," at least where I am), I doubt they would be able to get a drug to spike wine. And if he was going on a "ministry" call, he shouldn't have been drinking alcohol. What a fantasist. He met a female online or in a bar who invited him there and robbed him. The line can be thin between sincere evangelists, people w/severe alcohol or drug problems, and borderline or actual psychotics who think everything in their lives in a message from God. (I speak from experience with someone close.) I think he is an active alcoholic and/or druggie who needs to be off the stuff and receive psychiatric care. Love to hear what his ex would say about this question.    

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

Interesting Hogs is a 7th-Day. I've known a few, and they were clean-living. No alcohol, meat, smoking, caffeine, recreational drugs, sex outside marriage...observed the same sunset-to-sunset Sabbath as many Jews...though I suppose there may be some differences between 7DA communities. I wonder just how much sexytime was in this online relationship. She didn't seem to dress provocatively. Maybe what they had in common was talking religion and marriage. I wonder if she took one look at him in person and (as Edward said to the camera about Debbie in The Single Life...ouch...) "he looked a lot older than I expected." Despite overexercising, hair plugs/dye, dental implants, etc.      

Edited by Tuneful
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Tuneful said:

And if he was going on a "ministry" call, he shouldn't have been drinking alcohol.

That is the exactly right so wouldn't his church be asking about that?

Did he mention if he was missing his wallet his money?  I am sure the police asked to see his drivers license, did he have it?  I think Ben used the story from an episode of Mad Men when Don picked up a young couple that were hitchhiking that asked him if he wanted to go to a hotel, thinking he was going to get lucky he woke up to find himself alone and penniless.

• Love 6
On 4/1/2022 at 1:57 PM, Tuneful said:

And if he was going on a "ministry" call, he shouldn't have been drinking alcohol.

For DECADES my mother loved (appropriately) a Catholic priest.  When he was moved to another parish, she (in her 70s at that time) drove 30miles to Mass in his church.  When he was moved 30miles the other way--she followed.  He was very popular, cute, personable, a  talented singer and Irish dancer.  He was the baby of his family of five kids.  I went to high school with three of the older kids.  He always held HUGE birthday parties for himself--at the church and social hall.  My mother gave him cards (money enclosed, of course) for all special occasions.

My sisters and I warned her that he was a manipulator--and to "watch" how he flirts with all the older women--very little attention paid to the men.  Well...a time came when my mother's esophageal cancer was VERY BAD.  She asked if he could visit some time.  He stood her up once (and she struggled to be nicely dressed and "presentable").  She made excuses.  He made another appointment and was LATE!

She probably would have excused that, but he arrived DRUNK, and brought another senior lady (overly dressed and made up) with him (also DRUNK!).  He didn't spend much time, but that quick/last visit broke my mother's heart.  She had defended him for years against all the gossipy things said about him.  

Unfortunately, she died before he was removed from his parish...and eventually defrocked.  The Church couldn't do anything about the huge home he "somehow" owned, the late model expensive car...nor his cabin in the mountains.  Pax vobiscum.

On 4/1/2022 at 1:57 PM, Tuneful said:

Right, a homeless couple (and if they were living at a Red Roof Inn on a weekly rate, perhaps they were not technically homeless--even basic RRs are not "cheap," at least where I am), I doubt they would be able to get a drug to spike wine. And if he was going on a "ministry" call, he shouldn't have been drinking alcohol. What a fantasist. He met a female online or in a bar who invited him there and robbed him. The line can be thin between sincere evangelists, people w/severe alcohol or drug problems, and borderline or actual psychotics who think everything in their lives in a message from God. (I speak from experience with someone close.) I think he is an active alcoholic and/or druggie who needs to be off the stuff and receive psychiatric care. Love to hear what his ex would say about this question.    

Sorry to hear that but not surprised. If you or anyone else hasn't seen the documentary on Discovery+ about Hillsong church I would say it's well worth a watch.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Dear "Love after Lockup" Producers,

I think there's a Realitylebrity who's more than happy to share his life with your viewers.  He's a past-pastor.  He prefers "younger" women.  He left his wife and children because GOD told him to follow his heart.  All the makins' for a beautiful season.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I just looked further into Benjamin Sage. If you Google it there is a website, youtube, bodybuilders site, and a his site where you can request his services.  It is 100% him wonky eye and all. 

Interesting points. He said he got divorced and lost his job (I guess he did not leave the cult , he was let go or fired as a pastor, I would love to know more about this, I have read artcles about the church he pastor'ed  at and it was losing members and money and then disappeared before his divorce?).

He then was living in his minivan for a year and was homeless. He would shower in the gym and began working out. He become over the top with the health and working out. 

He sells some sort of vitamin green stuff (maybe MLM) on top of his life coaching services. 

The name Sage is his name from the spice. He has a video in which he is selling a health drink he made, and right at the end, he is like haha, people think health drinks work but they dont , hire me to train you. 

• Useful 5
12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

The comments on Reddit are brutal and hilarious!  The funny part of all of this is that Pastor Ben doesn’t realize that he is a joke.  He just thinks he is this hot guy that his God has blessed with all this incredibleness and he can’t believe how lucky he is to be a reality tv star and be getting all this attention, which he hopes will translate to mlm success ($) and very young (young enough to be his own children) tail.  The poor court jester has no clothes.  I’ll say it again, I feel SO sorry for his ex wife and children.  They must be so humiliated and embarrassed.  Well, at least he has something to do with his days now, and his ex wife may see some child support, if she still has age appropriate children with him.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
(edited)
On 3/31/2022 at 7:42 AM, Stuckathome said:

From Reddit, Ben's account of his DUI: 

Sorry, calling BS! If they do a breathalyzer and you blow a 0, wouldn't you just be sent on your merry way?? Or if you are still acting strange, taken to the hospital, not arrested? 

Edited: so on reddit someone informed me that even if he blew under the limit if he acts impaired they will take him in and draw blood. So that part could be legit....however, I still call BS on this story. Love how he had to put in there that he was helping a homeless couple. Nothing is ever his fault (eye roll). 

"If GOD hadn't put those homeless people in my LIFE I would never had gotten a DUI.  Does he insinuate that these HOMELESS people spiked his tiny glass of wine with a "designer benzodiazapine"?? Man, these homeless people. DAMN IT!

Edited by goofygirl
  • LOL 6
19 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I just looked further into Benjamin Sage. If you Google it there is a website, youtube, bodybuilders site, and a his site where you can request his services.  It is 100% him wonky eye and all.

The grift is strong with this one.

• Love 6
(edited)

SURELY, Shirley, there are some people from Beloved Benjamin's past lives who want to spill the beans.  We YEARN to hear from you.

• What was he like as a little kid?
  • Was he well-liked in elementary school?
  • Did he play sports in high school?
  • Did BOTH husbands and wives like him when he and his wife had couple-friends?
  • Was he a pastor you trusted to help solve your troubles?
  • Has he left a pile of brokenhearted/broke women in his wake?
  • Did his children's friends trust him?
  • What else?

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 6
On 3/31/2022 at 6:29 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

I also find it awful that he points the finger at a ‘homeless couple’ ohhhh those homeless…all thieves and addicts who take advantage of helpful souls like Ben. It is offensive and terrible, he claims to be a man of God who helps the less fortunate yet throws them under the bus when he needs to protect his image.

My thought exactly. He was hoping to turn the narrative to “poor sainted Ben, drugged by those ungrateful homeless!” Ten bucks says Ben is actually that a-hole who walks by a homeless person and snarls at them “get a job”. He is obsessed with this notion that all he does is love and give but the big mean world doesn’t appreciate his gifts.

Why would anyone drug a person and not attempt to rob or assault them? They slipped him drugs just for laughs and let him leave unscathed? Why would they waste the drug? 

Nice try, “Ben”, or whatever fake name you use when checking in to the motel to meet your girls. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

I read some of the comments, my favorite was the one that said something about his pen name should be "Benjamins Age".

As far as the question wondering about what he was like in school, I'm willing to bet he was totally homeschooled throughout his cult days. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 4/4/2022 at 3:53 AM, silverspoons said:

When I first tried to Google Benjamin Sage, I got a link to Benjamin Moore Sage green paint colors! But here's his website: http://benjaminsage.com/about/

Let's crash his site with requests! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

We see what you did there Ben! I'm sure he thinks he's SO clever. What a tool. 

image.png.c362da2af48b9f1b7cf933d58dd17f0b.png

I feel like everyone on Reddit should flood his request more info by filling in a request for his services and put in what they want out of it, something like "I want to know how to look hot and be able to bang 22 year old chicks just like you..."

As a life coach, counselor, and athlete with over twenty years of experience in helping people as well as a Master’s Degree specializing in spiritual counseling, I am well qualified to help you attain whatever goals you set. Your success is guaranteed when you invest in yourself.

My program keeps you accountable, inspired, and informed about the newest trends of age-defying health and fitness tips.

I'd like to know where this 'Master's Degree in spiritual counseling' comes from...call me skeptical. I'd also like to know what 'newest trends of age-defying health and fitness tips' he offers, it's probably something like you have to meet him in person for a VIP 1:1 meeting where he annoints you in his spiritual jizz and you look 20 years younger instantly. But it only works on 22 year olds, making them turn back into toddlers...

Edited by gingerella
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

So now he says "love knows no boundaries." He told Mahogany's parents that "love knows no age." He told her something about "There's no fear in love."

He always talks in platitudes and reminds me so much of that other Douche Canoe Kody Brown. Next he'll be quoting Kody's "Love should be multiplied, not divided..." 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, gingerella said:

I'd like to know where this 'Master's Degree in spiritual counseling' comes from...call me skeptical.

My FIRST thought when I read that.  May I join your skeptical think tank?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, gingerella said:

As a life coach, counselor, and athlete with over twenty years of experience in helping people

There's a lady at the McDonald's window who has been helping me for almost thirteen years.  She's a hard-working lady who walks across the street to catch her bus ... and a mile home after she gets off the bus.  SHE is worth more than all the creepy Benmajin Stalkers in the U.S.

4 hours ago, gingerella said:

I am well qualified to help you attain whatever goals you set.

Look in a mirror, CREEP!  After you stop admiring your beauty, set some goals for yourself--goals that will help your children.  Get a J-O-B.   If you continue on your ridiculous path, you'll be having the easy life...three hots and a cot for much longer!  

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10