Type keyword(s) to search

Ben and Mahogany

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, gingerella said:

As a life coach, counselor, and athlete with over twenty years of experience in helping people as well as a Master’s Degree specializing in spiritual counseling, I am well qualified to help you attain whatever goals you set. Your success is guaranteed when you invest in yourself.

My program keeps you accountable, inspired, and informed about the newest trends of age-defying health and fitness tips.

I'd like to know where this 'Master's Degree in spiritual counseling' comes from...call me skeptical. I'd also like to know what 'newest trends of age-defying health and fitness tips' he offers, it's probably something like you have to meet him in person for a VIP 1:1 meeting where he annoints you in his spiritual jizz and you look 20 years younger instantly. But it only works on 22 year olds, making them turn back into toddlers...

I looked up his masters and it is from Detroit Baptist Theological Seminary which appears to be non-accreditted? and he took him 6 years to do the 3 year program?  The admission requirements: Have a bachelors degree (yes that is it). 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

his masters and it is from Detroit Baptist Theological Seminary

Looks like a perfect fit for him according to their website: 

"DBTS exists for the glory of God to serve local churches by shaping faithful men for the gospel ministry through the word of God.

At DBTS, God’s glory rules the pursuit of all other goals. Our joy is to serve local churches by shaping faithful men for the gospel ministry through the word of God. Our heartbeat is to exalt God by expounding his word. May God be glorified by calling out a new generation of pastors and missionaries whose hearts burn for the peoples and places of the earth “for the sake of his name.”"

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

The more I think about Ben, the more I get a real Elizabeth Smart/Jaycee Dugard vibe from him. He seems (and I do not say this lightly) like the kind of guy who would kidnap a young woman because "God told me that we need to be together, and if you disagree, that means you need to listen to Him more." Mahogany is lucky there was TLC film crew with her the whole time.

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
(edited)
3 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

My FIRST thought when I read that.  May I join your skeptical think tank?

Raises hand.  I'm right there with y'all!!  Wonder what "college" actually offer such an amorphous bullshit masters' program?

Got it. Detroit Baptist Theological blahblah.  It sounds like they only have programs for MEN who want to pursue this crapola.  Good Luck Benzo!

Edited by goofygirl
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Raises hand.  I'm right there with y'all!!  Wonder what "college" actually offer such an amorphous bullshit masters' program?

Got it. Detroit Baptist Theological blahblah.  It sounds like they only have programs for MEN who want to pursue this crapola.  Good Luck Benzo!

Detroit Baptist Theological, home of the Fighting “Lions”. 

• LOL 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, Mrs. Landingham said:

Or Stalking Lions 

2 hours ago, gingerella said:

I hear their cheerleaders are all 22 year old Peruvian girls...

The Cheer Squad is known as the Leaping Gazelles  

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 20
On 4/4/2022 at 11:49 PM, Mrs. Landingham said:

My thought exactly. He was hoping to turn the narrative to “poor sainted Ben, drugged by those ungrateful homeless!” Ten bucks says Ben is actually that a-hole who walks by a homeless person and snarls at them “get a job”. He is obsessed with this notion that all he does is love and give but the big mean world doesn’t appreciate his gifts. 

Nah, he probably hands them Bible verses. Or does that insufferable thing where he says "look, I can't give you money because you'll just spend it on booze or drugs, but I'll buy you and sandwich!" 

12 hours ago, magemaud said:

Looks like a perfect fit for him according to their website: 

"DBTS exists for the glory of God to serve local churches by shaping faithful men for the gospel ministry through the word of God.

Men only, huh? Says it all. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

. Or does that insufferable thing where he says "look, I can't give you money because you'll just spend it on booze or drugs, but I'll buy you and sandwich!" 

Not even that, he probably hands them his half eaten lunch crumbs

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Mrs. Landingham said:
14 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Suppose anyone there can spell "accredited" ??

15 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

The more I think about Ben, the more I get a real Elizabeth Smart/Jaycee Dugard vibe from him.

With 60-70 fewer IQ points.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I looked up his masters and it is from Detroit Baptist Theological Seminary which appears to be non-accreditted? and he took him 6 years to do the 3 year program?

There comes a time when DBTS faculty uses their standard: "We shall grant certain Men* of God a degree to force them to leave us alone."  Perhaps there's an asterisk on the little keychain certificates DBTS gives their graduates.

*They accept only men.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Unfortunately these Bible "colleges" are very common and promoted.  For $2,500 per quarter you too can provide answers to essay questions on your opinion of scripture and receive a designation from a non-accredited school.  Scam scam scam.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
On 4/6/2022 at 8:48 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Nah, he probably hands them Bible verses. Or does that insufferable thing where he says "look, I can't give you money because you'll just spend it on booze or drugs, but I'll buy you and sandwich!" 

I guess I don't see the problem with giving someone what they are actually asking for.  When someone asks for money for a sandwich I do buy them a sandwich because that is what they asked for (albeit money for a sandwich [or something to eat]).  I have also offered to buy bus tickets home (as that is what some people ask for) and a myriad of other things.  Do I feel bad that I didn't give them money but instead spent actually more money for buying what they asked for?  No.  And I will continue to do so (of course, I also don't tell them that I think they will spend the money on drugs/alcohol, I just buy them what they asked for-taking them at their word).

• Love 7
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I guess I don't see the problem with giving someone what they are actually asking for.  When someone asks for money for a sandwich I do buy them a sandwich because that is what they asked for (albeit money for a sandwich [or something to eat]).  I have also offered to buy bus tickets home (as that is what some people ask for) and a myriad of other things.  Do I feel bad that I didn't give them money but instead spent actually more money for buying what they asked for?  No.  And I will continue to do so (of course, I also don't tell them that I think they will spend the money on drugs/alcohol, I just buy them what they asked for-taking them at their word).

If a homeless person asks for money, that's what I give them. I wasn't taking a shot a you or anyone who kindly gives someone the thing that they ask for. I was thinking of the people who decide that they can best determine what a person who is begging for money needs. 

• Love 4
On 4/6/2022 at 12:02 AM, Mrs. Landingham said:

That is so funny!!  You'd THINK they'd be the Fighting "Christians"!!  But, we know who won in the competition between Christians and Lions, don't we?

DUMB. DUMB. DUMB.

• LOL 9
6 hours ago, Mrs. Landingham said:

I just don’t know what to think. So weird. 

Mahogs says when asked if she and Ben are together as boyfriend and girlfriend takes a deep sigh and says he has to prove he has good intentions...didn't we see him pretty much propose by saying he predicts one year from now they will be married.  I am not sure but that seems like he has told her his intentions.

Mike was totally smiling when he had his head in his hands when X said they were done, then they were not done and would give him another chance...he was totally smirking when he was trying to hide his face, the camera saw it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Ben is who he is…..Mahogany knows this.  She was almost as repulsed by him as Ximena is Mike.  So, there must be some financial incentive for her.  I can’t imagine Ben having enough money to make it worth it for her.  That’s the mystery to me.  Where’s the money coming from?  You know her parents must be mortified.  

• Love 4

I think everyone is trying for another season of TLC money by keeping their supposed relationships in limbo. We’ve seen this before. Very few couples actually end things so as to keep their options open. If they pretend to stay together, they might be back on 90DF. If not, they could be on The Single Life 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Ben is who he is…..Mahogany knows this.  She was almost as repulsed by him as Ximena is Mike.  So, there must be some financial incentive for her.  I can’t imagine Ben having enough money to make it worth it for her.  That’s the mystery to me.  Where’s the money coming from?

Life Coach, Womanipulator, World Traveler, BEN, mansplained to Mahogany where HIS windfall came from ... and if she plays her cards right (after he teaches her THIS card game), the temporary income that could be available to her.  So, "where's the money coming from?"

SHARP ENTERTAINMENT and THE LEARNING (giggle) CHANNEL aka TLC.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 4/11/2022 at 12:20 PM, magemaud said:

I wonder if Ben missed his February court date because he was in Peru 

The article I read said he moved addresses, and so the parole officer couldn't find him, and that's one violation.    And he was arrested right after that.   

I think there was speculation that he actually moved to another state, so another reason for a Michigan based organization to fire him, and another reason for his parole officer to bust him.      I wonder if he had permission to fly to Peru either?    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

I read that, too, but I also read that the Peruvian mall spotting occurred in February. I wouldn’t put it past Holier-than-Thou Ben to just blow off a court date because he considers himself above all that kind of stuff 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I read that, too, but I also read that the Peruvian mall spotting occurred in February. I wouldn’t put it past Holier-than-Thou Ben to just blow off a court date because he considers himself above all that kind of stuff 

G-d told him to go to the mall.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

Like any true narcissist, Ben thought that showing up for the court date was merely a suggestion, not a demand.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

G-d told him to go to the mall.

Apparently the judge didn't buy that defense

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, Gobi said:

He was going to plead not guilty, because God was his copilot and should have taken control of the car.

Did his GOD ever explain what happened?

5 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think there was speculation that he actually moved to another state, so another reason for a Michigan based organization to fire him. 

Every photo on THEIR website and Facebook page and every photo on HIS Facebook page featuring young women should have been enough!

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Gobi said:
7 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Did his GOD ever explain what happened?

God pleaded the Fifth.

If this were a BRAVO (Andy Cohen) show, God would plead the FITH!

Edited by Back Atcha
Bolded for Andy's pronunciation.
  • Love 4
On 4/6/2022 at 7:48 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Why is that insufferable? Isn’t it a good thing to actually treat them like people and spend time with them instead of throwing money at them? I guess mileage varies. 

I am guessing since Baptists don’t ordain women that is why they are not included.