Type keyword(s) to search

And Just Like That in the Media

• Start Topic

As Berger once sarcastically said, nice hat(s).

I’m just saying that Miranda seemingly spends a lot of time having lunches with the gals in New York for someone who ostensibly moved to LA to be with Che.  

I’m going to be extremely uncharitable here and say that it looks like Miranda uncharacteristically got a crap-ton of bad work done.  Davis and Parker seem to be hopping on that train as well.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 4/26/2023 at 11:38 PM, Lethallyfab said:

I’m going to be extremely uncharitable here and say that it looks like Miranda uncharacteristically got a crap-ton of bad work done.  Davis and Parker seem to be hopping on that train as well.

Holy Fuck. I just came onto the boards to say What the actual fuck did Davis do to her face?  The woman was gorgeous.  Now she looks like Lisa Rinna. For god's sake women. Stop trying to look like cat people.  It's not natural!!!!!!

P.S. 1. Cattrall did the smartest thing and didn't get involved in this garbage.  2. I hate Che as well. 

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

I watched the trailer, because I obviously have a huge masochistic streak and must hate myself.

If she is happy, that is truly all that counts, but honestly, I think SJP would look so much more put together if she went back to her hair length from Season 5. Her look just seems so dated, to me.

Still not going to watch this, since my blood pressure is pleading to avoid the aggravation, but if I were, I am more interested in the new women than anything else in this trailer.

I will say Aidan is clearly a glutton for punishment! And I noticed no Steve.

Good!

I'd like to think he got his spine back and went to find a woman that will appreciate him...

• Like 7
On 4/28/2023 at 5:52 PM, WendyCR72 said:

If she is happy, that is truly all that counts, but honestly, I think SJP would look so much more put together if she went back to her hair length from Season 5. Her look just seems so dated, to me.

The season 5 hair was super cute and I agree. Of course any woman can do what they want with their own hair, but I think at this point in her life a shorter cut, playing into her curls would flatter her features more, bring out her eyes. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Casting spoiler:

Spoiler

Candice Bergen will be appearing again as Enid, Carrie’s Vogue Editor.

That’s exciting, I always liked her for calling out Carrie’s B.S.

And

Spoiler

Gloria Steinem as herself.

Cue the thousand thinkpieces arguing whether or not the show is feminist, post-feminist or anti-feminist.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
On 4/28/2023 at 6:52 PM, WendyCR72 said:

I will say Aidan is clearly a glutton for punishment! And I noticed no Steve.

Good!

I'd like to think he got his spine back and went to find a woman that will appreciate him...

Sadly there is a shot that someone posted where Aiden and Carrie are on a boardwalk and Steve was there.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

Sadly there is a shot that someone posted where Aiden and Carrie are on a boardwalk and Steve was there.

Damn it! 😢 (I knew it was too good to be true! Steve deserves BETTER!)

• Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

It's possible Carrie & Steve stay friends.  Isn't Carrie Brady's godmother?   

Hopefully Steve kept the house, his bar is making loads of cash, Brady is at NYU film school or something Miranda HATES, and they get together occasionally to catch up.  Steve with a nice lady would be great too. 

And what was the line Aiden yelled at Carrie in the park, in an episode of SATC? "I can't believe we're back here again"?  Yeah Aiden, again....   I'm surprised they didn't kill him off & have him leave Carrie a million dollars in his will. 

Why aren't any of these people vaping, anyway?  THAT would be realistic. 

I thought the trailer looked ok.  But yeah, too much Che.  Can't stand them. 

• Like 1

If Aidan is smoking it's more likely to be weed than tobacco! And given how prevalent it is on the streets where I live, I can imagine free-and-easy Aidan on Carrie's stoop with a spliff. Didn't Miranda almost get arrested for smoking on the street once, in the episode where she went out dancing in her pre-Brady blue jeans? How times have changed! Maybe Aidan will wind up with Carrie's downstairs neighbor Lisette, also a more likely scenario.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
10 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

If Aidan is smoking it's more likely to be weed than tobacco! And given how prevalent it is on the streets where I live, I can imagine free-and-easy Aidan on Carrie's stoop with a spliff. Didn't Miranda almost get arrested for smoking on the street once, in the episode where she went out dancing in her pre-Brady blue jeans? How times have changed! Maybe Aidan will wind up with Carrie's downstairs neighbor Lisette, also a more likely scenario.

That was Carrie. Same episode. It’s when Berger broke up with her…on a POST-IT!

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
(edited)

‘Sex and the City’ Shocker: Kim Cattrall to Return as Samantha Jones With ‘And Just Like That…’ Cameo (EXCLUSIVE)

For one night only, the “Sex and the City” universe will be whole again. Variety has learned that Kim Cattrall will reprise her iconic role as Samantha Jones in the Season 2 finale of “And Just Like That,” Max’s revival of HBO’s “Sex and the City.”

But she will only appear in one scene. According to sources, Cattrall shot her dialogue on March 22 in New York City, without seeing or speaking with the stars of the series, including Sarah Jessica Parker, or with “And Just Like That” showrunner Michael Patrick King.

In the scene, Samantha, who in the show has moved to London, will have a phone conversation with Parker’s Carrie Bradshaw. In the first season of “And Just Like That,” Carrie engaged with an estranged Samantha over text, and in the finale, the two made a plan to see each other in order to reconcile.

Famed “Sex and the City” costume designer Patricia Field, who has not been working on “And Just Like That,” dressed Samantha for her scene.

One scene, thank goodness! I have faith in Kim's integrity for Samantha Jones, but MPK is not to be trusted. That she's going to be dressed by Patricia Field is icing on the cake. 

(the petty side of me loves that she shot her scene without seeing or interacting with the other women. This is for the fans, the true fans!)

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

LOL them a) allowing her to not have to film with SJP, b) having Pat Field dress her, and c) only getting one scene is figuratively holding up a giant neon sign that says WE NEED YOU.

Edited by Alice Mudgarden
  • Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

LOL them a) allowing her to not have to film with SJP, b) having Pat Field dress her, and c) only getting one scene is figuratively holding up a giant neon sign that says WE NEED YOU.

Yes, I was just coming to post something just like this post. Thanks for saving me time, @Alice Mudgarden!

And a little bonus info that should surprise absolutely no one:

ETA: Oops! That is in the text of the article. Still, call it a reinforcement. This screams desperation, to me. And not on Kim's side.

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Warner Brothers-Discovery (parent company to HBO) must be in dire straits and are hoping season 2 will be a big hit. Sure, a lot of people tuned into season 1 but that was because no one knew the crap that was going to be served. Now people know and many (me!) may not be interested. 

Aiden and Samantha are Hail Mary's. I will watch Samantha's one scene. lol 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, funnygirl said:

Warner Brothers-Discovery (parent company to HBO) must be in dire straits and are hoping season 2 will be a big hit. Sure, a lot of people tuned into season 1 but that was because no one knew the crap that was going to be served. Now people know and many (me!) may not be interested. 

One of my first thoughts was literally "I'll just watch her scene on YouTube the next day."

• Like 8
  • LOL 4
3 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

One of my first thoughts was literally "I'll just watch her scene on YouTube the next day."

The only way to do it. Refuse to give Max (what a dumb name!) the numbers.

• Like 6

Wow, this is like the reverse or bizarro version of the Suzanne Somers 60-seconds per episode demotion from the Three’s Company days. Getting paid, potentially, a super lucrative paycheck AND calling the shots on who you won’t film with, AND who will dress you, AND you get to have a say on the character resolution. 

Kim Cattral needs to run a TED Talk, stat!

• Like 8
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, Not4Me said:

Getting paid, potentially, a super lucrative paycheck AND calling the shots on who you won’t film with, AND who will dress you, AND you get to have a say on the character resolution. 

If you ever watched The Good Wife, Archie Punjabi and Julianna Margulies went a number of seasons without ever sharing a scene together, supposedly because their relationship had deteriorated so badly over the course of the show.  I'm glad the character will be briefly returning, and good for KC, if she is making the most of her return.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
35 minutes ago, Not4Me said:

Wow, this is like the reverse or bizarro version of the Suzanne Somers 60-seconds per episode demotion from the Three’s Company days. Getting paid, potentially, a super lucrative paycheck AND calling the shots on who you won’t film with, AND who will dress you, AND you get to have a say on the character resolution. 

Knowing your worth.

She has been working steadily since she said no to the 3rd movie.

She has a small, but meaty part in How I Met your dad, was in a movie with Robert D, and in an upcoming Netflix show.  So she was happy playing other parts and the show came to her because fans were clamoring for her.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

And Filthy Rich.  And the Queer as Folk reboot.  What else is she going to do, make a doomed run for political office?

I think she’s incredibly smart for staying as booked and busy as possible, distancing herself from Sam but still bringing a bit of Sam to her roles when the roles call for it.

Pat Field coming back exclusively to dress Kim Cattrall is *incredible* shade.  Just masterful.

• Like 16
3 hours ago, Not4Me said:

Oh my Lord. Talk about a flashback. Poor Suzanne Somers. Those embarrassing 30-second calls to Janet and Jack. She was a huge part of the success of Three's Company and they treated her terribly. I'm so glad she was able to salvage a career after they'd torched her for daring to ask that she be paid as much as John Ritter. (And yes, I know the industry--I'm an actor.)

3 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

If you ever watched The Good Wife, Archie Punjabi and Julianna Margulies went a number of seasons without ever sharing a scene together, supposedly because their relationship had deteriorated so badly over the course of the show.

Same with Lena Headey and Jerome Flynn in Game of Thrones.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
15 hours ago, funnygirl said:

(the petty side of me loves that she shot her scene without seeing or interacting with the other women. This is for the fans, the true fans!)

The true fans of SATC or Kim C? I dunno. I think I'm a true fan of the old show, and I've definitely been disappointed in the reboot, for many reasons, and I like Kim C just fine. But I don't really care about this that much. I haven't missed Samantha. I don't really agree with the rabid love for her, or KC. Like I said, I like KC just fine, but tho I identified, in many ways, more with Sam than any other character, she was just never my fave. I mean, I'm not sure who is my fave...I'm a fan of the show but often in a love-to-hate-them kind of way. I definitely hate Miranda now, which is a shame. 

Anyway, I'm rambling. Good for KC for getting enuf $$ to agree to do  this her way, but I just don't care very much. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

The old saying "Never say never" applies here.  If Kim's willing to do this perhaps if she's offered tons of money she'll do it or even more again should there be a season 3.  It's a foot in the door for the show with her.  None of this surprises me, BTW.  I had a feeling something like this would happen.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • Love 1

well, i certainly think its one thing to say you won't be a part of the show, which would presumably involve interactions with other cast members, long shooting times, etc. and a one day shot of a telephone call where you didn't have to interact with anyone.

• Like 6
(edited)
44 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Was Miranda hugging Steve? Dare I hope she’s actually going to apologize to him and give closure in a more meaningful way that last season did?

It looks like Miranda is hugging Brady judging by the curly hair. 

Steve looks good! Happy to see one flash of him in the trailer. Unfortunately, it also looks like he's still wearing his wedding ring... I don't want to see him pining for Miranda, he deserves better and she doesn't deserve him. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 12
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, funnygirl said:

It looks like Miranda is hugging Brady judging by the curly hair. 

Steve looks good! Happy to see one flash of him in the trailer. Unfortunately, it also looks like he's still wearing his wedding ring... I don't want to see him pining for Miranda, he deserves better and she doesn't deserve him. 

Maybe they’re actually going to show how Brady has been hurt by Miranda’s actions. Seriously, I want some kind of reckoning for her.

• Like 15
  • Applause 2

I don't know if I can stomach watching any more of her with Che. I really just want to somebody to fucking let her have it over what she's done and how selfish she's been.

• Like 8
  • Applause 5
36 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

I don't know if I can stomach watching any more of her with Che. I really just want to somebody to fucking let her have it over what she's done and how selfish she's been.

Same.  I used to really really like Miranda.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, ruby24 said:

From your mouth to God's ears.

• Like 6
On 5/31/2023 at 9:52 PM, Not4Me said:

I was one of the ones who applauded KC for not participating in this cluster fuck.  I bet its going to be exactly like those Suzanne Sommer phone calls. No participation with the others. Well, if someone paid me a shit load of money to be on the shittiest of shitty shows for 30 seconds to 1 minute and guarantee not to interact with the costars. Sure we would all take it. 

I just hope it doesnt fall flat in her face.

• Like 5

AJLT needs KC a lot more than KC needs AJLT. She's been plenty busy creating new characters instead of resuscitating old ones (with a face full of fillers). She'll be just fine.

• Like 9
  • Fire 2
On 5/31/2023 at 7:14 PM, funnygirl said:

LOVE it.  Kim was always the star, before, then, and now.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
(edited)

Tom & Lorenzo think that Samantha will be killed off, which is ridiculous to me. Killing her off means MORE talk about how SJP et. al. hated her, and an expectation of the show mourning the death of one of the core four for a good long time into the *next* season (if there is one). SJP would *never* let that happen. And if they're dumb enough to try it... They are in for a world of surprise. Fans will show, again, they won't just forget Samantha.

Kim got the best of all worlds: To be in the show but not around those who made it miserable for her. Leave the fans wanting more. A giant paycheck and the very public continued support - not inconsiderable - of the woman who made Carrie Bradshaw/SJP a style icon, Pat Field.

KimCattrallWaving.gif.ce38ecfb697c2b8eb0ad0e7774356cd4.gif

Edited by TakomaSnark
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
On 5/31/2023 at 11:52 PM, Lethallyfab said:

And Filthy Rich.  And the Queer as Folk reboot.  What else is she going to do, make a doomed run for political office?

I think she’s incredibly smart for staying as booked and busy as possible, distancing herself from Sam but still bringing a bit of Sam to her roles when the roles call for it.

Pat Field coming back exclusively to dress Kim Cattrall is *incredible* shade.  Just masterful.

What is the tea with Pat Field?  Why is her coming back to dress Kim shade.

Samantha was always my favorite because she was free to live her life on her own terms.  I will only watch her scene and then I am out...lol

• Like 3
(edited)

Kim Cattrall's 'stipulations' for And Just Like That cameo revealed

It's Page Six, so questionable at best. However, there's this:

One show source said: “Kim had two stipulations -—one, that she would not act with any of the other girls, and two, she did not want to see Michael Patrick King.

And this, from Patricia Field:

“Well, I know those gals! Sarah Jessica [Parker] thinks she knows everything — and she does. Cynthia Nixon thinks she knows everything — and she doesn’t!” Field said.

“Even today, when I speak with Molly, it’s about Cynthia. I say, ‘I remember what you are going through!'”

Cynthia Nixon sounds like a freaking nightmare. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8
10 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Kim Cattrall's 'stipulations' for And Just Like That cameo revealed

It's Page Six, so questionable at best. However, there's this:

One show source said: “Kim had two stipulations -—one, that she would not act with any of the other girls, and two, she did not want to see Michael Patrick King.

And this, from Patricia Field:

“Well, I know those gals! Sarah Jessica [Parker] thinks she knows everything — and she does. Cynthia Nixon thinks she knows everything — and she doesn’t!” Field said.

“Even today, when I speak with Molly, it’s about Cynthia. I say, ‘I remember what you are going through!'”

Cynthia Nixon sounds like a freaking nightmare. 

Talk about someone who torched her own legacy. Miranda was nearly as beloved as Samantha and now she's my least favorite character. All because the married Cynthia Nixon has the hots for a co-worker.

• Like 13
(edited)

All and all, Karma is a Bitch, and I’m loving it.  The satisfaction is beyond.  The three thought Samantha didn’t matter too much.  They were mistaken.  Btw, Kristen looks like shit.  IMO, Kim looks fabulous.  In their last movie, she was hilarious.  She’s one of a kind.  Her and that red Birkin bag, lol.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 3