Type keyword(s) to search

And Just Like That in the Media

• Start Topic

What’s the story, why doesn’t KC want to deal with t(e other cast or the show runner guy?

I didn’t see the first season because of the poor reviews, think I saw at least the first movie.

Maybe they will deliver a quality season?  Though it’s hard to see them having the same kind of influence on the culture as SATC.

(edited)
On 6/8/2023 at 7:07 AM, aghst said:

What’s the story, why doesn’t KC want to deal with t(e other cast or the show runner guy?

I didn’t see the first season because of the poor reviews, think I saw at least the first movie.

Maybe they will deliver a quality season?  Though it’s hard to see them having the same kind of influence on the culture as SATC.

Vulture has a really good primer on the feud timeline between Kim Cattrall and SJP.

That feud extends to current showrunner Michael Patrick King, who helmed the later seasons and the movies, including the third movie which never materialized because Kim turned down the terrible script (such as Sam seducing/sexting Miranda’s son).

Edited by Lethallyfab
  • Like 5
On 6/5/2023 at 1:58 AM, funnygirl said:

Cynthia Nixon sounds like a freaking nightmare. 

Michael Patrick King sounds like a nightmare too.  He ruined the franchise.  He is the reason we have Che Diaz shoved down our throats.  

For some reason SJP loves him.  Of course she is besties with Andy Cohen too so her choice of friend is questionable.  Although she’s also friends with Amy Sedaris, who I love... but I digress!

• Like 6

Wow, fascinating stuff.

I think some people posted some of those articles over the years in the old SATC thread.

Nice to have it all summarized in one place.

• Like 2

Two weeks from today, the national nightmare resumes. I can already feel my blood pressure rising. Which deepens my resolve to not even attempt watching S2 at all.

But I will still bitch vicariously along with all of you fine people, because this board, unlike the show, is fun!

• Like 8
  • LOL 3
(edited)

Reintroducing Che Diaz: Sara Ramirez character shows a different side in And Just Like That season 2

Predictable. The show is totally going to make Che a "victim" for sympathy points...the pilot will likely get canceled because big bad Hollywood discriminates against Che or something like that (even though the fact that Che's character exists on AJLT contradicts that argument, but who cares about details when the show can just label everyone a bigot - like that one article from last year - and manipulate viewers to change their mind on what is simply a poorly conceived and executed character).  

They really think viewers are gullible.

And then there's MPK doubling down on his misinterpretation of Miranda's history:

In my opinion, a lot of people rewrote Miranda in their heads versus what I wrote for Miranda in the series," explains the longtime Sex and the City producer...[ ] ...Basically, Steve had to beg her to marry him

Season 6 Episode 1, Miranda flat out says she's in love with Steve. And she's the one who proposed to him! (Season 6 Episode 14) 

Michael Patrick King is a fraud. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 6
  • Applause 11
1 hour ago, funnygirl said:

In my opinion, a lot of people rewrote Miranda in their heads versus what I wrote for Miranda in the series," explains the longtime Sex and the City producer...[ ] ...Basically, Steve had to beg her to marry him

Season 6 Episode 1, Miranda flat out says she's in love with Steve. And she's the one who proposed to him! (Season 6 Episode 14) 

Why did I read this?! The rage, it builds. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate. MPK needs to JUST. STOP. TALKING.

• Like 7
  • Applause 5

She was an anarchist. She was always complaining about how she has to behave in society, and why single people have to be a certain way. Basically, Steve had to beg her to marry him. She begrudgingly took a diamond. She was pregnant and she got married. She didn't want to go to Brooklyn. She was dragged into that. He cheated on her in the movie. Everybody forgot that and created, 'Miranda's me and I'm being judged.' And it isn't. Miranda was unsatisfied as a single girl and she was unsatisfied as a married woman."

What on EARTH is he going on about? Steve didn't beg her to marry him! She iniitally didn't want to move to Brooklyn but when they found that perfect house, she was singing a different tune. He cheated on her in the movie, they worked on their problems and they reconciled - passionately. She seemed pretty damn satisfied to me as a married woman in *both* movies. It was AJLT that blew it all up because Cynthia Nixon wanted to make her life story Miranda's new story.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 12

Does Michael Patrick King have a case of that Memento Disease?  

Acting as if all of this happened out of his control and the way viewers interpreted it isn’t the way it happened?  

You were THE SHOWRUNNER when Miranda confessed that she was still in love with Steve — long after Brady was already born so to act as if Miranda was rushed into marriage because she didn’t want to have a baby out of wedlock or whatever is *especially* rich.  

You were THERE when Miranda proposed to Steve, you were THERE when she picked out the garden for the wedding venue, you were THERE when Miranda decided that moving to Brooklyn was what was best for her family.

And, oh yes, you wrote and directed the movie where Steve and Miranda reconciled after his infidelity.  Remember, the tender Brooklyn Bridge scene that you wrote?

To claim all the credit for what you view as AJLT’s accomplishments while shouldering none of the blame for what you now see as SATC’s failures  is especially galling.  

Is Cattrall returning because you need public relations queen Samantha Jones to spin this attitude into something that long-time viewers don’t immediately clock as Bullshit?

Is the new theme song Shaggy’s “It Wasn’t Me?”

• Like 8
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

Cynthia Nixon has reflected on what it was like to shoot season 1 without Kim Cattrall as Samantha.

Nixon explained what it was like to be on set without Cattrall. She explained what a big difference it made to be on a set where "you're not walking around on eggshells." Read her full quote below:

This is not something that we speak about, really, but I will try and address it really briefly. Yes, it did feel very different. It felt very different also because we have these new amazing characters, and we're older and our fictional children are now largely grown. Many things felt different. But the main thing that felt so great was that everybody who was there really wanted to be there. That's just the bottom line. We all love each other, we love our show, we wanted to do more of it. And we all wanted to be there. So that makes an enormous difference, that you're not walking around on eggshells with someone who's unhappy for reasons that are hard to even understand what they are.

• Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, Fireball said:

Cynthia Nixon has reflected on what it was like to shoot season 1 without Kim Cattrall as Samantha.

Nixon explained what it was like to be on set without Cattrall. She explained what a big difference it made to be on a set where "you're not walking around on eggshells." Read her full quote below:

This is not something that we speak about, really, but I will try and address it really briefly. Yes, it did feel very different. It felt very different also because we have these new amazing characters, and we're older and our fictional children are now largely grown. Many things felt different. But the main thing that felt so great was that everybody who was there really wanted to be there. That's just the bottom line. We all love each other, we love our show, we wanted to do more of it. And we all wanted to be there. So that makes an enormous difference, that you're not walking around on eggshells with someone who's unhappy for reasons that are hard to even understand what they are.

What a moron. Is she trying to destroy any last vestige of positive feelings people might still have for her?

• Like 10
1 hour ago, badhaggis said:

What a moron. Is she trying to destroy any last vestige of positive feelings people might still have for her?

Cynthia Nixon is really aggravating me these days. I’m still upset she ruined Miranda as a character. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
On 6/16/2023 at 8:00 PM, Lethallyfab said:

You were THE SHOWRUNNER when Miranda confessed that she was still in love with Steve — long after Brady was already born so to act as if Miranda was rushed into marriage because she didn’t want to have a baby out of wedlock or whatever is *especially* rich.  

You were THERE when Miranda proposed to Steve, you were THERE when she picked out the garden for the wedding venue, you were THERE when Miranda decided that moving to Brooklyn was what was best for her family.

And worst of all, he was THERE when Miranda dumped BLAIR UNDERWOOD for whiny Steve. I can handle bringing Cynthia Nixon's sexuality into it (though ideally with anyone other than Che) but I am out if they bring in Ms. Nixon eating a Cinnamon raisin bagel with lox and cream cheese.

"Yesterday Gothamist reported New York gubernatorial candidate Cynthia Nixon’s bagel order at the Upper West Side establishment Zabar’s. She requested plain cream cheese, lox, tomatoes, red onion, and capers on a CINNAMON RAISIN BAGEL. In her words: “a full load.” New Yorkers, raging Internet commenters, and most of the BA staff reacted in horror."

• Mind Blown 4
15 minutes ago, rlc said:

And worst of all, he was THERE when Miranda dumped BLAIR UNDERWOOD for whiny Steve. I can handle bringing Cynthia Nixon's sexuality into it (though ideally with anyone other than Che) but I am out if they bring in Ms. Nixon eating a Cinnamon raisin bagel with lox and cream cheese.

"Yesterday Gothamist reported New York gubernatorial candidate Cynthia Nixon’s bagel order at the Upper West Side establishment Zabar’s. She requested plain cream cheese, lox, tomatoes, red onion, and capers on a CINNAMON RAISIN BAGEL. In her words: “a full load.” New Yorkers, raging Internet commenters, and most of the BA staff reacted in horror."

That is cause for a line in the sand, who does that???

• LOL 3
On 6/16/2023 at 7:30 PM, TakomaSnark said:

It was AJLT that blew it all up because Cynthia Nixon wanted to make her life story Miranda's new story.

A lot of people connected to SATC had lots to say about Kim Cattrall not wanting to do the story they had planned for the third movie and/or AJLT.  Thought she should have just shut up and played what was going to be written for her.  But seems like a lot of those same people think it's just dandy for Cynthia Nixon to want to destroy Miranda to the point she is barely recognizable.  And by the way when did Cynthia Nixon become so important that she could dictate what she wanted to have written for her character?

On 6/18/2023 at 1:57 PM, Fireball said:

She can believe they all love one another and blah blah blah but I don't remember SJP or Kristin defending Miranda's storyline when there was such an outcry against it. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

A lot of people connected to SATC had lots to say about Kim Cattrall not wanting to do the story they had planned for the third movie and/or AJLT.  Thought she should have just shut up and played what was going to be written for her.  But seems like a lot of those same people think it's just dandy for Cynthia Nixon to want to destroy Miranda to the point she is barely recognizable.  And by the way when did Cynthia Nixon become so important that she could dictate what she wanted to have written for her character?

She can believe they all love one another and blah blah blah but I don't remember SJP or Kristin defending Miranda's storyline when there was such an outcry against it. 

Everything I've learned about Cynthia Nixon has been against my will. She is so incredibly unlikable. Not my cup of tea. 

And because of her, she's ruined Miranda. Miranda was never my favorite in the original series, but there were likable and relatable qualities. Now when I do a comfort rewatch of any given SATC episode, I can't stand Miranda. 

Thanks, Cynthia! Maybe it would've been better if she won her election for Governor of NY, after all. Then there wouldn't be any of this revisionist (and not just for Miranda, but for all the women in the extension of SATC) crap. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 5
53 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

Everything I've learned about Cynthia Nixon has been against my will. She is so incredibly unlikable. Not my cup of tea. 

And because of her, she's ruined Miranda. Miranda was never my favorite in the original series, but there were likable and relatable qualities. Now when I do a comfort rewatch of any given SATC episode, I can't stand Miranda. 

Thanks, Cynthia! Maybe it would've been better if she won her election for Governor of NY, after all. Then there wouldn't be any of this revisionist (and not just for Miranda, but for all the women in the extension of SATC) crap. 

As a New Yorker, I'm THRILLED she didn't win! But maybe she still could have run for dog catcher or something, and the masses could have been spared this revisionist, ridiculous bullshit.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, funnygirl said:

And because of her, she's ruined Miranda.

She didn't just ruin Miranda, she ruined the entire show because according to the reports that came out last season, she would only agree to come back if she was given control over certain story lines and topics that she wanted to be featured.  And here we are.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 1

If you haven’t reached your paywall limit, The New Yorker has a pretty thorough profile of SJP.  I knew it was going to be fawning but I was genuinely taken aback by this:

“Like Tom Cruise, who does his own stunts for “Mission: Impossible,” Parker welcomes the physical effort of embodying Carrie. Could Cruise run several blocks in Louboutin mules? For one such scene of “S.A.T.C.,” Parker refused the offer of a body double.”

I am no Cruise fan, but the man *literally* hangs off the sides of planes and scales the world’s tallest building for the sake of the MI Franchise.  But I guess being able to run in Louboutins is a more impressive accomplishment?

Also, ‘Divorce’ apparently failed because audiences just weren’t ready to see her as “not Carrie” and not because the show was bad.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 3
50 minutes ago, Lethallyfab said:

If you haven’t reached your paywall limit, The New Yorker has a pretty thorough profile of SJP.  I knew it was going to be fawning but I was genuinely taken aback by this:

“Like Tom Cruise, who does his own stunts for “Mission: Impossible,” Parker welcomes the physical effort of embodying Carrie. Could Cruise run several blocks in Louboutin mules? For one such scene of “S.A.T.C.,” Parker refused the offer of a body double.”

I am no Cruise fan, but the man *literally* hangs off the sides of planes and scales the world’s tallest building for the sake of the MI Franchise.  But I guess being able to run in Louboutins is a more impressive accomplishment?

Also, ‘Divorce’ apparently failed because audiences just weren’t ready to see her as “not Carrie” and not because the show was bad.

Like wut???? (Quoting mine)

Cat What GIF by truth

Tom Cruise’s stunt work in the MI franchise is AMAZING, comparing that to walking around in heels is like comparing a culinary school graduate to someone who knows how to boil an egg.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

The more I thought about it I think MPK was describing Cynthia when he said this.  Not Miranda.  Minus the husband cheating.

"So the idea of the ugly underside that the show was on HBO, particularly with Miranda, was forgotten. She was an anarchist. She was always complaining about how she has to behave in society, and why single people have to be a certain way. Basically, Steve had to beg her to marry him. She begrudgingly took a diamond. She was pregnant and she got married. She didn't want to go to Brooklyn. She was dragged into that. He cheated on her in the movie. Everybody forgot that and created, 'Miranda's me and I'm being judged.' And it isn't. Miranda was unsatisfied as a single girl and she was unsatisfied as a married woman."

I  hate that AJLT has become the Miranda Cynthia Nixon show.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
(edited)

Thought she should have just shut up and played what was going to be written for her.

Where Miranda's teenage son sent Samantha dick pics? They thought Kim Cattrall should have been silent about MPK/SJP thinking that was an OK plot line?

Edited by TakomaSnark
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 4
5 hours ago, TakomaSnark said:

Where Miranda's teenage son sent Samantha dick pics? They thought Kim Cattrall should have been silent about MPK/SJP thinking that was an OK plot line?

I remember Willie Garson and I think Jason Smith making snide comments about Kim declining to participate.  They of course were only thinking of themselves and hoping the project would get made.  

• Like 3

From the Cut article:

https://www.thecut.com/article/sara-ramirez-che-diaz-and-just-like-that-profile.html?utm_source=tw&utm_campaign=nym&utm_medium=s1

How did this coming-out come to pass? “It was honestly a two-sentence conversation between Michael Patrick and I,” Nixon tells me. “He said, ‘What do you think? Should we make Miranda queer?’ I said, ‘Why not? We’re queering up the show in general’” — Charlotte’s second child comes out as nonbinary in a “they-mitzvah” officiated by Hari Nef as a trans rabbi — “‘we’ve got a homegrown, home-team queer. Why not use me in that way?’”

Because you’re an actress!!  You don’t play yourself!  That’s your WHOLE job.

• Like 3
  • Applause 11
(edited)
52 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

From the Cut article:

https://www.thecut.com/article/sara-ramirez-che-diaz-and-just-like-that-profile.html?utm_source=tw&utm_campaign=nym&utm_medium=s1

How did this coming-out come to pass? “It was honestly a two-sentence conversation between Michael Patrick and I,” Nixon tells me. “He said, ‘What do you think? Should we make Miranda queer?’ I said, ‘Why not? We’re queering up the show in general’” — Charlotte’s second child comes out as nonbinary in a “they-mitzvah” officiated by Hari Nef as a trans rabbi — “‘we’ve got a homegrown, home-team queer. Why not use me in that way?’”

Because you’re an actress!!  You don’t play yourself!  That’s your WHOLE job.

Especially for Miranda, who is an established character through 6 seasons and 2 movies. 

Then there's Sara Ramírez, who despite saying otherwise, is in fact And Just Like Che:

It’s all a bit heavy, or maybe just heavy-handed, and very … Che Diaz, who introduces themself in the first episode of And Just Like That … as a “queer non-binary Mexican Irish diva.” Like all of the Sex and the City characters, Che, a social-justice-warrior scold with a podcast and a cannabis habit, represents a somewhat over-the-top version of a contemporary New York City type. Che is there to teach the well-maintained, well-meaning, nearly 60-year-old ladies about “compulsory heterosexuality,” pronounspeak, and using dialogue as a verb. Ramírez similarly uses words such as trauma, privilege, and social constructs to make their various on-point points. It might feel natural to make such comparisons in your head, but Ramírez heads them off, assuring me, “I’m an actor. I’m not the characters I play. I’m not Che Diaz.” (For the record, Ramírez’s Instagram bio describes themself as “abolicious” and a “MexicanIrishNon-binaryHuman.”) 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 5

I'm trying to not blame Che on Sara Ramirez but that article makes it difficult. This comment:

I think a lot of people have reached their limit with performative awareness - "let me show you how deeply aware and in-tune I am with these Really Big Issues and how they are Always on My Mind and I Am Always Aware of My Privilege." I think it's important to acknowledge privilege and understand the Really Big Issues but people who feel the need to continually bring that stuff up, out of nowhere, when the conversation is ostensibly about something else come across as pompous. Or maybe insecure. Or maybe both. 

nailed it. Calm. Down. Sara.

• Like 4

Don’t forget this gem:

Back in the park, Ramírez waves away the side-eyes about Che, saying, “Anybody who benefits from patriarchy is going to have a problem with Che Diaz.”

MPK is queer but also a cis white male — doesn’t he undoubtedly benefit from the patriarchy?  

Also Sara fully admits that they got into Julliard due to their “class privilege.”  Julliard!   Where do you think class privilege comes from?

Does Sara have a failed pilot somewhere based on their “abolicious” and a “MexicanIrishNon-binaryHuman” identity?

(Also, for FWIW,I couldn’t find a decent definition for ‘abolicious’ -  are they an abolitionist but are so fierce it’s ‘abolicious?’  Most of the results I found were having really good abs?  This is as made-up as when Fergie declared herself “Fergielicious.”)

Did MPK find that failed pilot and go, “no, Sara, come to my show, we will make all about *you,* let’s “queer it up!”  No, I don’t care about established continuity!”

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
6 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

“It was honestly a two-sentence conversation between Michael Patrick and I,” Nixon tells me.

FFS. Pronouns, Cynthia. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 4
On 6/16/2023 at 5:35 PM, funnygirl said:

Reintroducing Che Diaz: Sara Ramirez character shows a different side in And Just Like That season 2

Predictable. The show is totally going to make Che a "victim" for sympathy points...the pilot will likely get canceled because big bad Hollywood discriminates against Che or something like that (even though the fact that Che's character exists on AJLT contradicts that argument, but who cares about details when the show can just label everyone a bigot - like that one article from last year - and manipulate viewers to change their mind on what is simply a poorly conceived and executed character).  

They really think viewers are gullible.

And then there's MPK doubling down on his misinterpretation of Miranda's history:

Michael Patrick King is a fraud. 

I was rewatching SATC and Miranda's feelings for Steve and she realizes she is in love with him while he is dating Debbie.  (not that it matters but I thought Debbie was a better match for Steve). Doesn't MPK realize we can watch the show and saw Steve happy in a relationship until Miranda confessed she loved him and then  she proposed to him. (I mean this is the same guy who did a 180 with Blair Underwood's character just a couple of episodes later. so I shouldn't be surprised)

In AJLT I think they could have made it more of a conflict for Miranda - that she loved Steve but developed an attraction to Che - if it was more gradual and organic then the audience might have been more open to it. The way she treated Steve, and her adolescent behavior around Che made her unrecognizable. I totally get that people change and marriages fizzle out, but the people watching AJLT were the fans from years ago who invested in these characters. When Miranda was introduced and did not know anything about technology - I mean she was the one who had a palm pilot in the series when the devices first came out - and acted that way around her professor - she instantly was not like the Miranda we all knew from SATC, and again people change but not that much. She literally regressed. 

It would have been so much more interesting  to see Miranda attempt therapy for drinking, and her changing feelings for Steve and realizing she was now attracted to Che. It could have been a very compelling storyline her grappling with change, being an empty nester, etc. 

I am new to this forum (I have posted in others) so if this has been touched upon I apologize.

Also, I will watch and I am hoping its better than last season. I would love to see Steve living his best life, I hated the scene of him saying he would wait for her while they were painting. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
On 6/16/2023 at 6:49 PM, CeeBeeGee said:

Dear God, that's what they've reduced Miranda to. 

SATC Miranda would go on a tirade about AJLT Miranda in a scene at their diner, then go home and continue to bitch to Steve, she'd be that disgusted.

On 6/18/2023 at 1:57 PM, Fireball said:

Unlike the audience.

13 hours ago, zamp33 said:

I am new to this forum (I have posted in others) so if this has been touched upon I apologize.

Welcome! The chips and dip are over by the window and the life-giving snark supply can be found in every nook, cranny and post. You're sure to enjoy yourself, which is more than AJLT can say to anyone.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

The first episode of And Just Like That… season 2 streams to Max on Thursday, June 22.  The second episode will also be available to stream on June 22.

The first two episodes are available to stream starting at 3 a.m. ET/midnight PT on June 22.

• Like 4
23 hours ago, zamp33 said:

In AJLT I think they could have made it more of a conflict for Miranda - that she loved Steve but developed an attraction to Che - if it was more gradual and organic then the audience might have been more open to it. The way she treated Steve, and her adolescent behavior around Che made her unrecognizable. I totally get that people change and marriages fizzle out, but the people watching AJLT were the fans from years ago who invested in these characters. When Miranda was introduced and did not know anything about technology - I mean she was the one who had a palm pilot in the series when the devices first came out - and acted that way around her professor - she instantly was not like the Miranda we all knew from SATC, and again people change but not that much. She literally regressed. 

THIS! Miranda was older, she didn’t have a personality transplant. 

Cynthia’s promotion of this show has been horrid. Every time she opens her mouth it goes further into the ground. 

• Like 6
(edited)
On 6/19/2023 at 3:41 PM, funnygirl said:

Oof, nobody in NY wanted her for governor, it was utterly laughable.

Cynthia Nixon is one of those actors who is incredibly talented but consistently overplays their hand because of their hubris. She could have started out for a smaller civil servant job like city council or congressperson, but she felt she earned a top dog role despite having no professional experience. Patricia Fields had found her difficult to work with, which explains a lot of bad styling of Miranda in the early years. And of course, her lack of good judgement as a producer and her very tone deaf responses to what are valid criticism of Miranda’s complete 180 doesn’t help. She must be a nightmare to work with, a little introspection would bring her back to reality.

I’ll be tuning in here for the comments. I can’t bring myself to even hate-watch this show.

Edited by Not4Me
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1

Hey, It’s Sara Ramírez They’ve heard your Che Diaz jokes.

"Back in the park, Ramírez waves away the side-eyes about Che, saying, “Anybody who benefits from patriarchy is going to have a problem with Che Diaz.” When I try to tell Nixon about some of my own mixed feelings, she asks, like a therapist, “Do you want to unpack that to me?” Both actors seem to believe the reaction has more to do with a societal discomfort around gender-nonconforming people, rather than a hope coming from actual queer people that we be portrayed as less lame."

Both Nixon and Ramirez seem incredibly tiring and very like their characters

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
5 hours ago, Not4Me said:

I can’t bring myself to even hate-watch this show.

Hate watching AJLT means eventually hate watching SATC, and none of us want to do that, no matter how much MPK is hell bent on it happening.

1 minute ago, maggiegil said:

When I try to tell Nixon about some of my own mixed feelings, she asks, like a therapist, “Do you want to unpack that to me?”

No, Cynthia, I don't because I don't need a pay cable actress to try and psychoanalyze me like an arrogant snot.

• Like 13
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Seems this one reviewer is not enthralled with the Season 2 premiere. Good to see the tradition of hating this reboot is being upheld!

I think this series is only for people, who watched Sex & the City. Remember this time, my friends was crying after they cancell it and then 2-5 times rewatch it from the start.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, maggiegil said:

Hey, It’s Sara Ramírez They’ve heard your Che Diaz jokes.

"Back in the park, Ramírez waves away the side-eyes about Che, saying, “Anybody who benefits from patriarchy is going to have a problem with Che Diaz.” When I try to tell Nixon about some of my own mixed feelings, she asks, like a therapist, “Do you want to unpack that to me?” Both actors seem to believe the reaction has more to do with a societal discomfort around gender-nonconforming people, rather than a hope coming from actual queer people that we be portrayed as less lame."

Both Nixon and Ramirez seem incredibly tiring and very like their characters

Ugh Sarah, Che being non-binary is not the reason we don’t like them. Well, okay I’m sure there are some bigots in the viewership that are allergic to anything different, and LGTBQ characters don’t always have to be likable, but come on! The writers aren’t even trying with Che. Even when they gave them a bit more depth, Che still came off like a sanctimonious hypocrite for not telling Miranda they’re legally married to another guy and was just too lazy to get a divorce.

And Cynthia, for the eleventy billionth time, we could’ve gotten behind Miranda being LGBTQ if it had been done in a way that didn’t make her treat Steve like shit!

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 9
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

Ugh Sarah, Che being non-binary is not the reason we don’t like them. Well, okay I’m sure there are some bigots in the viewership that are allergic to anything different, and LGTBQ characters don’t always have to be likable, but come on! The writers aren’t even trying with Che. Even when they gave them a bit more depth, Che still came off like a sanctimonious hypocrite for not telling Miranda they’re legally married to another guy and was just too lazy to get a divorce.

And Cynthia, for the eleventy billionth time, we could’ve gotten behind Miranda being LGBTQ if it had been done in a way that didn’t make her treat Steve like shit!

Thank you for speaking the truth. 

Sara is a great actor, and I could see Che being sexy AF if they wrote them better! What is UP with the writing for them?? 

Cynthia needs to stop trying to live vicariously through Miranda. 

• Like 6
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

Sara is a great actor, and I could see Che being sexy AF if they wrote them better! What is UP with the writing for them?? 

This is just my opinion but I think the writers think just having Che as a character is enough. I think making them a stand up comic was mistake.  As was mentioned in another AJLT thread Che isn't that funny. They could have made them any number of things that would have put them in the same orbit as Carrie and Miranda.

1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

Ugh Sarah, Che being non-binary is not the reason we don’t like them. Well, okay I’m sure there are some bigots in the viewership that are allergic to anything different, and LGTBQ characters don’t always have to be likable, but come on! The writers aren’t even trying with Che.

MPK and Cynthia Nixon have both criticized the audience for not enjoying this storyline and character.  We are allowed to dislike something we see as not enjoyable to watch.  It doesn't make us bigots or homophobes.  Every time one of them tries to blame the audience for the poor reception I want to say it loud for the people in the back if you can't defend this storyline in any way other than saying it's the audience's fault you have already lost your argument.  Write better scripts.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2

Or, you know, how about figure out a way to make a different show if you want to play a different character? Cause whoever the fuck this is, it's not Miranda.

Miranda's been hijacked. I hate Cynthia Nixon. I'm sorry, but what right has she to do this? She actually does acknowledge that the fans are upset because many are devoted to Miranda/Steve, but she just doesn't care I guess. Screw them, right?

That's very shitty, self-involved, narcissistic behavior.

• Like 6
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 2