Type keyword(s) to search

And Just Like That in the Media

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, Jillybean said:

Hearing Miranda shout "You broke us!" at Steve and telling Samantha that "it's the violation of the trust" that she couldn't get past was pretty annoying given the inexplicable Miranda storyline in AJLT. Legacy ruined.

I think this is why so many viewers (myself included) had such a problem with Miranda cheating on Steve.  It was the hypocrisy.  And for MPK and his writers and especially Cynthia Nixon to tell viewers we are wrong and our dislike was based on something else was just gross.  

14 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

And then we have the two movie sequels after the series finale that were beyond cringe worthy. 

First movie was good ish.  Second movie was filled with cringe but if you stop watching before they go to Abu Dhabi it's watchable.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
On 3/22/2022 at 2:13 PM, TakomaSnark said:

Via Deadline, with regard to Stanford:

I don't think anyone is asking for a 'juicy' death scenario for Stanford.

Let me be the first.   I can't stand Stanford.   He's an obsequious parasite clinging to Carrie's coattails, always has been.   The older version is the same, except now he's even more narcissistic and mean.   Would love to see him run down in the street by that bus with Carrie's picture on the side from SATC.

• Love 1
On 3/22/2022 at 8:05 PM, TooMuchRealityTV said:

I can't do another season of new Miranda and Che. I'm out. I will continue to read the posts here though.

I suspect Che's history.   They have been roundly criticized as "the worst character on TV."

Edited by millennium
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, millennium said:

I suspect Che's history.   They have been roundly criticized as "the worst character on TV."

I have my doubts. MPK and Cynthia Nixon seemed to double down on the WTF plot points rather than admitting mistakes were made. I see no reason why they would suddenly embrace humility.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I have my doubts. MPK and Cynthia Nixon seemed to double down on the WTF plot points rather than admitting mistakes were made. I see no reason why they would suddenly embrace humility.

I can't dispute that.  Maybe the beancounters will force their hand.   We can only hope.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I'm curious--has SJP echoed MPK's and CN's "the people who don't like this season are trans-phobic" crap? I am given to understand that Nixon and Davis are now co-executive producers and as such, have some creative weight and power. But let's be real, SJP is first among equals as the uber-executive producer and her opinion carries more weight. The reason I bring this up is because I wonder if Carrie's obvious dubiousness re: Miranda's torching of her life and marriage (the conversation in the bathroom at the B'nai Mitzvah)--I wonder if SJP insisted on that, if she wanted to push back on Nixon's insistence on this storyline. What has she said about this storyline? 

• Love 1

I saw an episode of SATC I've never seen before from 1998 "The Power of Female Sex" (E! Channel marathon today) Just when I thought I've seen them all!

The only episodes I can't/won't watch are ANY with "Alexandr Petrovsky". Not sure I know why I dislike this character SO much but I do. 

However, I'm still going to watch the next season of AJLT. I hope it can reel me back in again.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Useful 1
On 4/4/2022 at 7:49 AM, bluegirl147 said:

I think this is why so many viewers (myself included) had such a problem with Miranda cheating on Steve.  It was the hypocrisy.  And for MPK and his writers and especially Cynthia Nixon to tell viewers we are wrong and our dislike was based on something else was just gross.  

First movie was good ish.  Second movie was filled with cringe but if you stop watching before they go to Abu Dhabi it's watchable.  

For me it wasn’t even that Miranda cheated- it was that she NEVER, not once, not in anyway, acknowledged how she acted OR felt when Steve cheated!

Nor did they have Steve bring it up, as in “look I know anyone can slip, you forgave me, I can forgive you.” Or something along those lines.

They gave the character a personality transplant. 

I agree with you about the movies. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10782823/Kim-Cattrall-reveals-heard-Just-Like-social-media.html

She also said she was heartbroken over a plotline in a pitched third SATC film which involved her character Samantha Jones receiving unwanted 'dick pics' from Miranda Hobbes' 14-year-old son Brady 

And just like that, I barfed in my mouth.

WTF with these writers???

I wondered if that was a silly rumor before, but after watching And Just Like That, yeah seems about right. I don't know what's wrong with them either. Kim had every right to be upset they would ever write her that plot line. 

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I wondered if that was a silly rumor before, but after watching And Just Like That, yeah seems about right. I don't know what's wrong with them either. Kim had every right to be upset they would ever write her that plot line. 

I too figured it was just silly rumor, because it seems too crazy to be true.  It’s insulting, degrading and disgusting to portray her as a pedophile pervert, just because she’s sex-positive.  I’d be heartbroken too.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 8

Its a creepy storyline and I can see why KC wouldn't want to do it, but nowhere does it say that Samantha is painted as a pedophile or a pervert due to it. The pics are "unwanted" and not asked for or appreciated, obviously. It makes Brady look like a creepy little wanker, but I'm sure Sam would have shut him down. 

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

Its a creepy storyline and I can see why KC wouldn't want to do it, but nowhere does it say that Samantha is painted as a pedophile or a pervert due to it. The pics are "unwanted" and not asked for or appreciated, obviously. It makes Brady look like a creepy little wanker, but I'm sure Sam would have shut him down

With these writers, I would not assume that.

Even the notion of putting an adult and teen together in a sexual storyline is gross.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I too figured it was just silly rumor, because it seems too crazy to be true.  It’s insulting, degrading and disgusting to portray her as a pedophile pervert, just because she’s sex-positive.  I’d be heartbroken too.

Exactly. 

2 hours ago, luna1122 said:

Its a creepy storyline and I can see why KC wouldn't want to do it, but nowhere does it say that Samantha is painted as a pedophile or a pervert due to it. The pics are "unwanted" and not asked for or appreciated, obviously. It makes Brady look like a creepy little wanker, but I'm sure Sam would have shut him down. 

I get where you're coming from, but the whole thing weirds me out. And I hate how they wrote Brady having zero boundaries. 

1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

Even the notion of putting an adult and teen together in a sexual storyline is gross.

Same. And I totally agree. Even if she's a hot lady, Samantha would have been like an auntie to Brady. The writers' minds should have never gone there. 

• Love 8
18 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10782823/Kim-Cattrall-reveals-heard-Just-Like-social-media.html

She also said she was heartbroken over a plotline in a pitched third SATC film which involved her character Samantha Jones receiving unwanted 'dick pics' from Miranda Hobbes' 14-year-old son Brady 

And just like that, I barfed in my mouth.

WTF with these writers???

Michael Patrick King is garbage and he, SJP, and their team of writers on AJLT are shortsighted. Who's to say that if Kim signed on to the revival that this still wouldn't have been a plot point for Samantha and clearly horned-up 17 year old Brady? They took the Big death plot over to the series, after all. They just changed sending inappropriate pics to Samantha to Brady and his freeloading girlfriend having copious amounts of sex with Miranda's head so far up her own ass to do any parenting. 

Darren Star was clearly the force behind the good of Sex And The City. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
On 5/5/2022 at 10:10 AM, heatherchandler said:

On 5/5/2022 at 9:14 AM, luna1122 said:

On 5/5/2022 at 11:39 AM, RealHousewife said:

Exactly. 

I get where you're coming from, but the whole thing weirds me out. And I hate how they wrote Brady having zero boundaries. 

Same. And I totally agree. Even if she's a hot lady, Samantha would have been like an auntie to Brady. The writers' minds should have never gone there. 

On 5/5/2022 at 12:32 PM, funnygirl said:

Michael Patrick King is garbage and he, SJP, and their team of writers on AJLT are shortsighted. Who's to say that if Kim signed on to the revival that this still wouldn't have been a plot point for Samantha and clearly horned-up 17 year old Brady? They took the Big death plot over to the series, after all. They just changed sending inappropriate pics to Samantha to Brady and his freeloading girlfriend having copious amounts of sex with Miranda's head so far up her own ass to do any parenting. 

Darren Star was clearly the force behind the good of Sex And The City. 

On 5/5/2022 at 5:39 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Thank you for sharing this.

Thank you for saying it.

Kim was totally right to be disgusted with that plot point.

Also, it seems that the definition of teenage boys on this show begins and ends with “they’re horny”.

Brady was the first baby of the group and I was excited to see him grown up. They just turned him into a walking punch line.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, Lethallyfab said:

Kim received a Variety Power of Women  recognition and Pat Field, Darren Star and Candace Bushnell all were there to support her.  That seems EXTREMELY pointed and I am HERE for it.

I love it because until this, it kind of felt like it was Kim against the rest of SATC (since anyone who was vocal was working on this mess also). Now at least it feels like there's support for Kim outside of the fans; it's just a bonus that it happens to be the three people you'd want most on your side, in terms of vision of the show.

• Love 8
(edited)
11 hours ago, qtpye said:

Brady was the first baby of the group and I was excited to see him grown up. They just turned him into a walking punch line.

Like so many other things about this show, it felt like a slap in the face to the fans of the original SATC.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5
(edited)

According to this article

But for those who love Che, do not fear. Sara Ramírez, the nonbinary actor who plays the nonbinary podcaster, comedian and aspiring sitcom star who falls in love with Miranda Hobbes and breaks up her marriage, will be back on the second season of “And Just Like That …” with an even more robust storyline.

King himself is effusive when he speaks about Ramírez — and about Che. “One of my burning passions about Season 2 is Che,” he says. “I want to show the dimension of Che that people didn’t see, for whatever reason — because they were blinded, out of fear or terror. I want to show more of Che rather than less of Che. Like, really.”

MPK is being a troll at this point. Nobody wants this.  

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

According to this article

But for those who love Che, do not fear. Sara Ramírez, the nonbinary actor who plays the nonbinary podcaster, comedian and aspiring sitcom star who falls in love with Miranda Hobbes and breaks up her marriage, will be back on the second season of “And Just Like That …” with an even more robust storyline.

King himself is effusive when he speaks about Ramírez — and about Che. “One of my burning passions about Season 2 is Che,” he says. “I want to show the dimension of Che that people didn’t see, for whatever reason — because they were blinded, out of fear or terror. I want to show more of Che rather than less of Che. Like, really.”

MPK is being a troll at this point. Nobody wants this.  

It's more about proving a point instead of character development and good writing. 

• Like 1
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, dmeets said:

Wow to that MPK interview: "Blinded out of fear or terror...what everybody’s concerned about is a nonbinary stand-up comic in the present day.”

In other words if you hate Che you're probably a bigot. What a gaslighting prick.

Proving Darren Star had the actual talent behind the scenes. MPK is just a smug ass.

• Love 14

Everyone's seen this already .  But I am so horrified.  Bringing it here to commiserate with all of you.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.png

Why not give Sara Ramirez a one-person show if you're that desperate?  Give them their own sitcom.  Their own one hour special.  Netflix.  Anything.  If you're so obsessed with Sara Ramirez THAT'S FINE.  But why on this show?  Why?  This is taking Poochy on The Simpsons to outrageous levels.  Poochy was SATIRE. 

• Applause 4
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

Untitled.png.6aaa4802fabb8859b6347b15f11

"Daddy MPK?"

1241022514_fuckoff.jpg.d09ac2f2bbb434d484c9afeab84463d6.jpg

As many of us have said multiple times Fuck You MPK.  He clearly does not know his audience.  Che was not disliked because of who they were. They were disliked because of how they were written.  And more to the point mostly because of how Miranda reacted to Che.  She turned into a lovesick puppy and became some pod person that showed no resemblance to the Miranda I knew and loved.

I don't know who MPK is trying to impress with his over the top devotion to the character of Che but if he thinks focusing on them more in season 2 is going to do anything other than drive away viewers he is seriously deluded.  A lot of us here were hoping Che would be gone or at the very least off in LA while Miranda came to her senses and came back home. And now we are being told MPK is going to examine more of Che's life.  Once again because it cannot be said enough Fuck You MPK.

• Applause 7
  • Love 11
(edited)
22 hours ago, funnygirl said:

King himself is effusive when he speaks about Ramírez — and about Che. “One of my burning passions about Season 2 is Che,” he says. “I want to show the dimension of Che that people didn’t see, for whatever reason — because they were blinded, out of fear or terror. "

Get the fuck outta here with this. The only things I'm blinded by when I watch this show are boredom and confusion. Fear and terror? You give yourself way too much credit, MPK.

People didn't see any dimensions in the character of Che because the character was poorly conceived and written. If this is the creative hill you're prepared to die on, MPK, how about acknowledging some responsibility for that? Oh right...gaslighting your audience into thinking that it's their fault they didn't like the character is much easier. Got it.

edited for spacing

Edited by lamadeleine
  • Love 13
11 minutes ago, lamadeleine said:

Oh right...gaslighting your audience into thinking that it's their fault they didn't like the character is much easier. Got it.

This is it exactly.  Che is a poorly written character.  I didn't fear or feel terrorized by them.  I kept wondering why my beloved SATC had turned into the mess that was AJLT and why this new character was suddenly the love of Miranda's life and how any relationship that came before them was meaningless to Miranda.  I would have a modicum of respect for MPK and his fellow writers if they would just say maybe we didn't do a good job with Che. But trying to guilt or browbeat viewers into thinking there is something wrong with us for not liking the story or the character is such a shitty childish thing to do.  Grow up MPK.

• Applause 2
  • Love 12
36 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I just came here to post the same.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Yeah OK whatever.  Still Team Kim.

This is not the first time SJP has talked about how nice a person she is and hates conflict and blah blah blah.  It's not always about how you think of yourself. It's how other people think about you.

• Applause 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
23 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

Yeah OK whatever.  Still Team Kim.

This is not the first time SJP has talked about how nice a person she is and hates conflict and blah blah blah.  It's not always about how you think of yourself. It's how other people think about you.

I agree. SJP has this way of talking about herself that a lot of us can see right through.  Oh she's so nice, she's so gracious.  Please.  Kim's anger doesn't come from nowhere.

And she's shading Kim left and right.  Why are you bringing up the past?  You have a successful HBO show without her - as much as we hate it - so why shove this in even more?  The studio rejected Kim.  And in fact, we didn't even ask her to be on the show.

Like @heatherchandlersaid - OK?  Are you trying to make us see you in an even more bad light than before?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

And she's shading Kim left and right.  Why are you bringing up the past?  You have a successful HBO show without her - as much as we hate it - so why shove this in even more?  The studio rejected Kim.  And in fact, we didn't even ask her to be on the show.

We all know the she wasn't asked to be part of the show (which honestly I don't even know if I believe that) because they knew she would say no. 

7 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Like @heatherchandlersaid - OK?  Are you trying to make us see you in an even more bad light than before?

I've come to the conclusion that everyone connected to AJLT with maybe the exception of Kristin Davis and the new additions think way too highly of themselves.   They are not making high art.  This is an HBO (barely) comedy. This show is not going to end up on any best list. They might be trying to convince us (and probably themselves) they are  making something that is going to be significant in some way but they aren't.  They aren't even making a show that is enjoyable.  

• Love 13
9 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Untitled.png.6aaa4802fabb8859b6347b15f11

"Daddy MPK?"

1241022514_fuckoff.jpg.d09ac2f2bbb434d484c9afeab84463d6.jpg

I just can't.

Some of y'all are just going to have to watch the next season, because I love myself too much to voluntarily sit through another episode of that fucking frantically-trying-way-too-hard-to-be-edgy-and-funny character and witness what they've done to a once-great, once-proud, once-intelligent and strong character that we loved for six seasons. Self care, y'all.

The only reason I would've tuned in was if Miranda were going to come to her senses but with MPK and his fucking flouncing and blaming of the viewing audience not embracing Che with open arms, doesn't sound like that's going to happen.

No one owes you ratings, MPK. You sound like one of those bitter comic hacks, who get pissy when the audience doesn't laugh at their jokes.

• Love 12

This shitastic show has ruined the entire original series for me. And it saddens me. But now the entire SATC franchise has been turned to shit, all because of greed and/or hubris.

• Sad 1
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

This shitastic show has ruined the entire original series for me. And it saddens me. But now the entire SATC franchise has been turned to shit, all because of greed and/or hubris.

Don't let it ruin the original show for you. The show is what it is/was. If you enjoyed it (I still love it), then don't let this shitshow ruin it for you.

• Love 7
(edited)

The funny thing is - there are soooooo many reboots / revivals / sequel shows / reunions these days.  And I find myself enjoying the majority of them.  How they managed to fuck this up so badly is truly mindblowing.

The new Saved by the Bell, for instance.  Some people would argue it is "Woke".  There is a main character who is trans, and other main characters who are LGBT also.  Well I just love it!  I think it's great.  (The characters are written well, it is funny, the actors are charismatic, the stories and the writing are great.)  I love the original series, and I love the new one.  And actors from the original series were heavily involved.  Unfortunately, it was cancelled after 2 seasons.  It's sad what gets rewarded these days.  Clicks and controversy over quality.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 6
(edited)

A snippet from another Variety article no one wants about a scene that was horrendous.

King says. “So I do understand the idea of giving people what they’re expecting to see, which is Miranda Hobbes with red hair, going out with a narcissistic stand-up comic in Los Angeles.”

The missing Cleveland scene confused Nixon, too, but as she points out, “It seemed to have gone well!”

She expects Miranda in Los Angeles to be a “full-on groupie” of Che now, having sacrificed a prestigious internship in order to go there to be with them for the summer.

“And she knows what the requirements of a groupie are,” Nixon says. “Which are: you’ve got to look hot for your person who is the celebrity. So I’m looking forward to Miranda’s I’m-with-the-band L.A. look.”

I post this specifically to say that at least MPK acknowledges that Che is narcissistic. It's really sad that Miranda has been reduced to being a groupie and that Cynthia Nixon seems happy about it. I blame her just as much as MPK for the character assassination of Miranda Hobbes. 

And as for that horrendous scene...how convenient for all involved to ignore how inappropriate both Che and Miranda were and how unprofessional it was for Che - who was Carrie's boss - to smoke weed in her house without permission, get drunk, and screw her best friend while she's laid up in bed in the other room. But we, the viewers, are wrong for not seeing this pairing as romantic, for universally disliking Che, and having valid criticism of Miranda's actions? Fuck them. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 7
(edited)

The narcissist is Miranda, actually.  Che is nothing in terms of narcissism in comparison.  Che actually cares about people outside of themselves and has awareness.  

If people laugh uproariously at Che's jokes, and rich UES-ers are willing to pay Che insane amounts of money to perform, of course Che should take it and be successful.  That's not narcissism.  

I think that MPK is truly an idiot.

Though, he's right about this.  This is definitely what happened.

King believes that scene was too much for certain fans. “That was Episode 5, and I think they spent the next five episodes some level of terrorized,” he says.

Reading the article now and Cynthia Nixon is just so horny for Sara Ramirez.  😄

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 5