Type keyword(s) to search

And Just Like That in the Media

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

John Corbett- NO. 

Also, Aidan as a character deserves better. Even if he is divorced from the Mom to his kids, he deserves better than Carrie!

I would have no respect for the character if he goes back to Carrie after how horribly she treated him. There are plenty of women in his age group who would love to have him.

• Like 1
  • Love 13

It might be interesting to see what the writers will do with this old, stale relationship. I hope Aiden craps all over Carrie's feelings. And her clothes. And her hate for dogs. Maybe he'll marry Miranda. Or better yet, move in with Steve.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

It might be interesting to see what the writers will do with this old, stale relationship. I hope Aiden craps all over Carrie's feelings. And her clothes. And her hate for dogs. Maybe he'll marry Miranda. Or better yet, move in with Steve.

I would actually like it if he came back only to be a supportive friend for Steve

• Like 5
  • Love 13
20 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

I would actually like it if he came back only to be a supportive friend for Steve

My guess is that the Aiden/Carrie storyline will be a lot of how Carrie likes (hates) having Aiden's kids around her. He'll tell Carrie he's never stopped loving her. She'll say she never stopped loving him. (Easy to say now that Big is dead)

I'm going to hate watch for sure!

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

My guess is that the Aiden/Carrie storyline will be a lot of how Carrie likes (hates) having Aiden's kids around her. He'll tell Carrie he's never stopped loving her. She'll say she never stopped loving him. (Easy to say now that Big is dead)

I'm going to hate watch for sure!

Aidan's kids would be mostly grown up by now, wouldn't they? Mid to late teens, probably? They probably wouldn't be around much anyway. 

I'm always happy to see John Corbett. And this past season's version of Carrie was actually one of the few things I liked about it. She's much more likable in her 50s than her 30s. Still, she doesn't deserve yet another chance with Aidan. 

I would like it if he was hanging with Steve, thought Miranda was a POS, and told Carrie "no, thank you."

• Like 1
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

Aidan's kids would be mostly grown up by now, wouldn't they? Mid to late teens, probably? They probably wouldn't be around much anyway. 

I'm always happy to see John Corbett. And this past season's version of Carrie was actually one of the few things I liked about it. She's much more likable in her 50s than her 30s. Still, she doesn't deserve yet another chance with Aidan. 

I would like it if he was hanging with Steve, thought Miranda was a POS, and told Carrie "no, thank you."

His older kids would be around Rock and Lily's age- but he has three. The younger one could still be small. 

1 hour ago, MaggieG said:

This would be redeemable. Is he still part owner in Steve's bar? Maybe have him be a silent partner who moved away for his wife's work, but comes back to visit Steve and give him a scene partner that is NOT Miranda. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

Aidan's kids would be mostly grown up by now, wouldn't they? Mid to late teens, probably?

You could be right. I just thought Aiden had kids many years after Miranda and Steve. But yes, by now they would be young adults.

• Love 2

If Aidan and Carrie end up together it will show the writers aren't even trying to write something that isn't just a retread of SATC. 

I was never an Aidan fan but he does deserve better than Carrie.  Especially since he does have kids and even if they are older there would still be lots of family events that I simply do not see Carrie wanting to be part of. 

There is no way they are bringing him back to not be with Carrie.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, bluegirl147 said:

There is no way they are bringing him back to not be with Carrie.  

Agree. The writers taking the easy way out. The predictable, uncreative way. 

The posters here on this forum could write better scripts for this sinking ship.

• Like 1
  • Love 9

I’d be perfectly happy if they ret-con/hand-wave Aidan’s kids out of the picture entirely.  (“oh, their mom has them for the summer!  Yes, the entire summer!”)

I thought it was really admirable and kinda groundbreaking of the original series to have Carrie be ambivalent towards kids at best (the abortion episode, the a Woman’s Right to Shoes episode, the episode where she’s ultimately being okay when Alexsander says he doesn’t want any more kids) when the structure of countless rom-coms = true fulfillment is only found with marriage and a baby

I hate to acknowledge SATC2’s existence but a good chunk of her subplot in the second movie was her and Big telling everyone that they were fine with just the two of them, no kids.

So knowing how badly AJLT character assassinated Miranda, I am now fully expecting that AJLT will make Carrie the Maria Von Trapp to Aidan’s kids.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Jillybean said:

After the character assassination on Aidan in the execrable SATC2, I can only assume that this is a big paycheck for JC. There's no other reason he should want to be part of this shit show.

I know, did he even watch any episodes of this show???

• Love 4

Tate was the baby Aidan had on the street when Carrie ran into him during Season 6, right? So that would make him slightly younger than Brady, who turned one that year, but older than Lily and Rock.  Homer and Wyatt were mention in the abomination sequel, so they would both be around Lily and Rock's ages, I would think.

Would the writers have Aidan's wife pass away, as well as Big? Would they be that lazy and cliché? Don't answer that.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
On 8/22/2022 at 12:25 PM, ChicksDigScars said:

Would the writers have Aidan's wife pass away, as well as Big? Would they be that lazy and cliché? Don't answer that.

Nobody needs to answer that. We already know the answer!

I have a different question for the SATC lovers: Am I the only one who hates Alexander Petrovski? I can't even tolerate one minute of one episode with him in it.  

• Like 1
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I have a different question for the SATC lovers: Am I the only one who hates Alexander Petrovski? I can't even tolerate one minute of one episode with him in it.  

I didn't find him remotely appealing. I'm old enough to remember Baryshnikov posters in the mall, and I never got the appeal. I don't know what Carrie saw in him, or he in her for that matter.

• Love 3
On 8/22/2022 at 3:25 PM, ChicksDigScars said:

Yes they would.  Bringing him back at all is lazy.  Can they not write a new love interest for Carrie? Anyone here could write a love interest for Carrie.  She lives in NYC.  She could meet men any number of ways.  Dating today is so different from how it was when Carrie dated over twenty years ago. And instead of mining that they are going to hook her up with an ex. An ex it didn't work with.  Twice.  

I bet they have Carrie start talking to a guy on a dating app and it turns out to be Aidan.

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

Yes they would.  Bringing him back at all is lazy.  Can they not write a new love interest for Carrie? Anyone here could write a love interest for Carrie.  She lives in NYC.  She could meet men any number of ways.  Dating today is so different from how it was when Carrie dated over twenty years ago. And instead of mining that they are going to hook her up with an ex. An ex it didn't work with.  Twice.  

I bet they have Carrie start talking to a guy on a dating app and it turns out to be Aidan.

I thought at the end of last season we saw her pairing up with the producer of her podcast, he was a very handsome man if I recall.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I thought at the end of last season we saw her pairing up with the producer of her podcast, he was a very handsome man if I recall.

Yes.  I would believe that pairing. They met at work which a lot of people do. But apparently MPK and his writers are  hellbent on fucking everything up.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Wink 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Of course he was handsome. That was a big part of Carrie, being a "hot man magnet". Even though she is/was not attractive by NYC standards.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Like 1
  • Wink 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
19 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/cynthia-nixon-sara-ramirez-and-just-like-that-1235399646/

This feels like when Ben Affleck took out the ad praising Jennifer Lopez after working with her.  

This is weird right? 

I really do think that Cynthia Nixon has a little "crushy crush" on Sara Ramirez and let that effect the writing and scene interaction. Sara is very attractive and sexy, so I am not surprised Cynthia (or anyone) would have a crush, BUT thats no excuse for that storyline that made no sense. Yes @bluegirl147- it is weird. 

• Love 7

Che is (for me) not attractive,  they're too Andrew Dice Che to be especially appealing, too braggy and dude-bro and not actually funny,  and I still hate the hair.  But Sara is attractive. And, yeah,  clearly CN thinks so. I do believe she has a crush too, which probably comes with the acting territory, when you're around so many attractive people, it's bound to happen. 
But I do think CN is a little over the top about it. And it's affecting her actual work, imo. 

• Like 3
  • Love 10
30 minutes ago, luna1122again said:

Che is (for me) not attractive,  they're too Andrew Dice Che to be especially appealing, too braggy and dude-bro and not actually funny,  and I still hate the hair

I agree. I don't see their appeal.  

32 minutes ago, luna1122again said:

But I do think CN is a little over the top about it. And it's affecting her actual work, imo. 

I wonder if it is affecting her marriage.  If my spouse was obviously enamored of someone they work with I would have a problem with it.  This seems to be going beyond CN admiring SR.  If this was happening at a law firm or some business I would think this is where HR would be called in. 

• Like 1
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, Lethallyfab said:

I presume that they’re not going to cast someone like Danza for a mere 60-second cameo as Che’s “father” within the show on the sitcom based on Che, which means the show is doubling , if not tripling, down on Che:

Episode 1 Premiere GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

During the original run of SATC I remember hearing the seasons were written in advance so if you didn't like something you were seeing and hoping things would get better the following season you were out of luck because the next season was already written and probably already filming.

But with this show there was a lot of time between the first season airing and the second season being written.  Miranda's storyline with Che and Che themselves has been widely criticized.  And instead of the writers taking note of that they decided to criticize anyone who criticized the storyline as being unable to deal with something different.  And now they are going to give us more of the same.  Only this time it sounds like they are elevating Che as a main character.  Either we are going to be meeting their family or their castmates.  Neither of which I have any interest in. 

I went from loving SATC and watching it in full multiple times to hating AJLT and never wanting to see the first season ever again. But I will be watching season two if only to come here and commiserate with my fellow disappointed posters.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
On 10/18/2022 at 9:40 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Ugh, I quoted the wrong post and cannot fix it. I'm replying to Lethallyfab:

You would be correct. From the linked TVLine article:

And though non-binary stand-up comic Che Diaz — played by Grey’s Anatomy alum Sara Ramirez — was a divisive character among the show’s fans, showrunner Michael Patrick King has hinted that “I want to show more of Che rather than less of Che” in the upcoming season.

Thank goodness our free HBO Max is long over, because I wouldn't want there to be any possibility of watching this dreck.

Edited by Jillybean
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 10/20/2022 at 1:52 PM, Jillybean said:

And though non-binary stand-up comic Che Diaz — played by Grey’s Anatomy alum Sara Ramirez — was a divisive character among the show’s fans, showrunner Michael Patrick King has hinted that “I want to show more of Che rather than less of Che” in the upcoming season.

So it's all about what MPK (and most likely Cynthia Nixon) want and not what viewers want. Showing more of Che is not going to draw in viewers.  It could drive away viewers.  And despite what CN has said it won't be because Che is non binary.  It will because the story isn't entertaining and if it's the same writers as last season it will be poorly written.  

To paraphrase Mean Girls STOP TRYING TO MAKE CHE HAPPEN.  THEY AREN'T GOING TO HAPPEN.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 7

I love Tony Danza, but everyone knows he is Italian.  They pretend they care so much about diversity and "we just don't get it" (LOL) but they hire an Italian man when they could have given this part to a Latino actor.  They just care about clicks and buzz. 

• Like 2
  • Love 6
On 10/26/2022 at 10:41 AM, bluegirl147 said:

So it's all about what MPK (and most likely Cynthia Nixon) want and not what viewers want. Showing more of Che is not going to draw in viewers. 

That’s for sure! Why didn’t they just start a completely new show rather than change an existing one to such an excessive degree. Still mad about their ruining Miranda (and poor doddering Steve). They’ve lost me as a viewer (and many more I’m sure!).

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 10/18/2022 at 9:40 PM, WendyCR72 said:

I'll still hang in the forum and bitch, though.

Well if you’re all going to still hang around to complain, I may just have to keep watching so I can join in. Damn you all! 😄

• Applause 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ferjy said:

Well if you’re all going to still hang around to complain, I may just have to keep watching so I can join in. Damn you all! 😄

I, personally, don't plan on watching. I love the original series so much and this revival is too depressing. However, I'm hoping at least a couple of brave souls around here who do watch will come back and report so that I can partake in the bitching-sans-watching. lol 

• Like 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, funnygirl said:

I, personally, don't plan on watching. I love the original series so much and this revival is too depressing. However, I'm hoping at least a couple of brave souls around here who do watch will come back and report so that I can partake in the bitching-sans-watching. lol 

I stopped in early S1. But I still come here to bitch upon reading details from others. LOL! The board is actually entertaining, unlike the show!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Don't worry, a bunch of us will take one for the team.

• Wink 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, funnygirl said:

2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I stopped in early S1. But I still come here to bitch upon reading details from others. LOL! The board is actually entertaining, unlike the show!

Oh, I don’t actually have to watch to be able to bitch? Whew! 😄

1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Don't worry, a bunch of us will take one for the team.

You’re a brave soul. I’ll hail you every time I post. 😁 I might even take a quick peek at the show. To see if Steve has progressed to a walking cane yet. 

• LOL 5

I have a sick addiction to this show.  I don't know what it is. I have a very urgent need to bitch about it.  I can't stop watching.  It's like 90% hatred and the other 10% is like this really sick crazy frenzied enjoyment of bitching about it. 😄

I don't know if I've ever felt this way about a show........If I ever have it's been a long long time.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1