Type keyword(s) to search

And Just Like That in the Media

• Start Topic

A plotline I would actually appreciate would be Aiden re-appearing but as a schlub again  (the man is middle-aged, he has children, he is [presumably] divorced) and Carrie falling for him again anyway.  The original series sure made it seem like one of the big reasons Carrie gave him a second chance was because he slimmed down and got conventionally “hot” and they just got away with it.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Lethallyfab said:

A plotline I would actually appreciate would be Aiden re-appearing but as a schlub again  (the man is middle-aged, he has children, he is [presumably] divorced) and Carrie falling for him again anyway.  The original series sure made it seem like one of the big reasons Carrie gave him a second chance was because he slimmed down and got conventionally “hot” and they just got away with it.

Would never happen, though. Carrie is that shallow.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Aidan was always hot, frankly, him with the shaggy hair and a little tummy was hotter to me than his second iteration. John Corbett looks good no matter what, really, to me. My Chris in the Morning love might make me look at him thru rose colored glasses, I don't know. 

Also, Chris Noth mostly had a dad bod too, but I guess $4000 suits covered that better. 

• Like 4
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, luna1122again said:

Aidan was always hot, frankly, him with the shaggy hair and a little tummy was hotter to me than his second iteration. John Corbett looks good no matter what, really, to me. My Chris in the Morning love might make me look at him thru rose colored glasses, I don't know. 

Also, Chris Noth mostly had a dad bod too, but I guess $4000 suits covered that better. 

Yeah didn’t they act like he looked radically different on the show? He was hot before too. 

I was always more attracted to Aidan than Big. Chris Noth is a handsome man, but just never did it for me for some reason. Knowing what we know now, I prefer Aidan even more. 

• Like 3
  • Love 7
On 8/24/2022 at 5:58 PM, chenoa333 said:

Nobody needs to answer that. We already know the answer!

I have a different question for the SATC lovers: Am I the only one who hates Alexander Petrovski? I can't even tolerate one minute of one episode with him in it.  

I could never stand him.  Why they picked him in the first place I don’t know.  I skipped over that part when re watching.   Maybe because they both smoked continuously?  Did they?

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
40 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I could never stand him.  Why they picked him in the first place I don’t know.  I skipped over that part when re watching.   Maybe because they both smoked continuously?  Did they?

Carrie didn’t start smoking again until she went to Paris…but this is a topic for the SATC thread

Go Fug Yourself tackles the latest outfits from filming — potential spoilers.  The Fashion Cuckoo-ness has not abated in Season Two.  

(I haven’t seen a good interview where she explains why, but I would be FASCINATED to hear Patricia Field explain why she left her flagship show for ‘Emily in Paris,’ and that is coming from someone who both watches this and EiP.)

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Lethallyfab said:

Go Fug Yourself tackles the latest outfits from filming — potential spoilers.  The Fashion Cuckoo-ness has not abated in Season Two.  

(I haven’t seen a good interview where she explains why, but I would be FASCINATED to hear Patricia Field explain why she left her flagship show for ‘Emily in Paris,’ and that is coming from someone who both watches this and EiP.)

😂😂 They can't be serious. Please tell me they're f'n trying to make us laugh? 

• Wink 1

It’s Vulture, their tone towards pop culture is relatively sardonic.  (They did a “21 Questions About Che Diaz” after the fingerbang incident and an article after the finale written entirely from the perspective of what Che’s move would mean for the podcast and its loyal viewers.)

• Like 2

An online search didn't turn anything up for me, and given everything we've seen from Discovery since they took over HBO, it's hard for me to imagine them handing out a 2-season renewal to AJLT before the second season has even aired.

• Like 1
On 11/3/2022 at 5:45 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I love Tony Danza, but everyone knows he is Italian.  They pretend they care so much about diversity and "we just don't get it" (LOL) but they hire an Italian man when they could have given this part to a Latino actor.  They just care about clicks and buzz. 

I wonder what John Leguizamo is doing? 🥁  🥢 ba dump bump [I'm sorry]

nah. He'd have had to have been 15 when Che was born. 47? That surprises me. I'd have guessed Che was more like 35.

On 11/16/2022 at 3:35 AM, Lethallyfab said:

I wonder if they will make returning Aiden mega wealthy? Though it wasn't something the show (SATC) focused on the way they did with Charlotte,  it sure seems Carrie was never going to make a life with another starving artist or any regular guy. Hence her interest in Petrovsky... the only other man  besides  Big she considered making major life changes for. Maybe I just don't recall right now, but did Carrie and Aiden get as far as the children/no children conversation?

• Like 5

I don’t think they did which made it especially egregious in the episode where Carrie completely freaks out because Petrovsky already had a kid and what if she, as a woman pushing forty, who has never given any indication that she wants kids, suddenly now wants a kid she hasn’t had yet.  Or that could also just be a very bad episode all around.

Carrie took offense in that episode where that hot French Guy left her with a thousand dollars on her nightstand, but she sure likes her men to be wealthy.  It saddens me that the TWOP recaps are lost like the sands through the hourglass but I still remember the recap of the finale asking “if Big’s name is John, what does that make Carrie?”

• Like 6
  • LOL 5

I hate to double-post but new photos just dropped which make me incandescent with rage as it appears that:

Spoiler

Aidan is Smoking

I can not think of a more out of character thing to do but look what they did to Miranda.

Literally the 

Spoiler

Entire Reason that Carrie quit smoking is because Aidan said it was a dealbreaker.  It was a gigantic plot point.

Did…did these people actually watch the Original Series, much less work on it?

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 9
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Lethallyfab said:

They don't care.  They are going to write what they want and use these characters to perform it.  No matter how out of character it is.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
37 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

They don't care.  They are going to write what they want and use these characters to perform it.  No matter how out of character it is.

Maybe that’s why the show is “And Just Like That” and not a continuation of “Sex and the City”, because this show is NOT that show!

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

Maybe it's not Aiden, but rather Aiden's evil twin brother....Jaden? Just kidding..sort of.

When the first rumors and photos leaked I wondered briefly if it would be some sort of dream sequence. This photo has me casually wondering again if bringing Aiden back isn't some sort of fever dream scenario where Carrie is conjuring the perfect version of Aiden--no kids, no interest in serious/ longterm commitment, smokes, probably filthy rich somehow, etc. Probably not, but it's a better explanation than some of this crap they've thrown out there with this series.

• Like 2
  • Wink 3
On 2/2/2023 at 6:56 PM, Lethallyfab said:

I can not think of a more out of character thing to do

I can. Aidan kissing Carrie while married to someone else. The movies and this execrable "continuation" shit all over the OG series.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
On 2/2/2023 at 6:56 PM, Lethallyfab said:

I hate to double-post but new photos just dropped which make me incandescent with rage as it appears that:

Hide contents

Aidan is Smoking

I can not think of a more out of character thing to do but look what they did to Miranda.

Literally the 

Hide contents

Entire Reason that Carrie quit smoking is because Aidan said it was a dealbreaker.  It was a gigantic plot point.

Who TF takes up smoking--while fully an adult, a middle-aged adult at that--nowadays? For a generation, smoking has been on the way out. Even during the original series Carrie's habit was on the way out--Bloomberg was elected in 2001 and his determination to end smoking in workplaces (which of course included things like restaurants and bars) helped to push the habit way underground. It's just not that common now in NYC. And someone who was vehemently anti-smoking would now, in his middle age, take the habit up? WTAF?

UGH. I'll hang out on the forum but I refuse to watch any more of this.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4

You don’t understand, Carrie was in France!  She had to smoke to fit in with the culture!  And the Seema made it seem really cool and sexily illicit again, the tactics of a literal high schooler trying to peer pressure her friends into lighting up, so she *had* to pick up smoking again, for a third or fourth or twenty-seventh time.  I did appreciate that in the OG Series when Carrie decided to quit smoking for Aidan that every single one of the girls’ reactions was “oh my god yes, please stop immediately, your disgusting habit is disgusting.”  But none of them are going to say anything now, I bet.

• Applause 3
3 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

Why are SJP and the official show account giving a potential Carrie-Aiden reunion away? Dangling the carrot to get fans excited to watch and distract from the shows many atrocities. 

Yes.  They probably think this will draw viewers.  Bringing Aiden back tells me the writers have no creativity.   Millions of men in NYC and they are going to pair Carrie with a man she had two failed relationships with before.  We thought season one was bad.  I think season two will be worse.

• Like 8
8 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

Why are SJP and the official show account giving a potential Carrie-Aiden reunion away? Dangling the carrot to get fans excited to watch and distract from the shows many atrocities. 

Because they know people are nostalgia suckers and will be likely to tune in and see what happens. It's a better hook than more of 'HEY! IT'S CHE DIAZ!'

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
9 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Why are SJP and the official show account giving a potential Carrie-Aiden reunion away?

It's a red herring.  Get the audience believing Carrie will wind up with Aiden, only to see Che swoop in and steal her away.   This will create a bitter feud between Carrie and Miranda, setting up a reconciliation arc in Season 3.

Here's my theory (or at least it's what gets me through the dark watches of the night):  And Just Like That is occurring in The Carrie Diaries universe and nobody told us.   You know, a parallel universe where there's an older Carrie (just as there was previously a younger Carrie) but not everything adheres to canon?   A universe askew where Miranda can suddenly become queer, Samantha has a hissy fit and moves to Paris, Big is dead, Aiden smokes and Che's comedy concerts are considered funny.

Not as far-fetched as you might think.

Edited by millennium
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
23 hours ago, millennium said:

It's a red herring.  Get the audience believing Carrie will wind up with Aiden, only to see Che swoop in and steal her away.   This will create a bitter feud between Carrie and Miranda, setting up a reconciliation arc in Season 3.

Here's my theory (or at least it's what gets me through the dark watches of the night):  And Just Like That is occurring in The Carrie Diaries universe and nobody told us.   You know, a parallel universe where there's an older Carrie (just as there was previously a younger Carrie) but not everything adheres to canon?   A universe askew where Miranda can suddenly become queer, Samantha has a hissy fit and moves to Paris, Big is dead, Aiden smokes and Che's comedy concerts are considered funny.

Not as far-fetched as you might think.

You know it does make me wonder where we would be if Candace Bushnell had written AJLT. I think it would be miles better than what we got.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 2/7/2023 at 2:08 AM, CeeBeeGee said:

And someone who was vehemently anti-smoking would now, in his middle age, take the habit up? WTAF?

Simple.  Aidan gets lung cancer and dies, thus setting up Season 3:  Carrie and Steve bonding over their mutual heartache... and fall in love.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
On 2/10/2023 at 12:55 PM, bluegirl147 said:

SJP says MPK has written an amazing story for Carrie and Aiden.  Which means it will suck balls.

Oh, ye of little faith. I'm excited *no sarcasm*

23 hours ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

Simple.  Aidan gets lung cancer and dies, thus setting up Season 3:  Carrie and Steve bonding over their mutual heartache... and fall in love.  

I did always feel chemistry between Carrie and Steve. Not necessarily romantic, but a bond for sure.

• Like 3

Sam Smith has been cast to appear in season 2 of And Just Like That.

The singer posted some pics from set: https://www.instagram.com/p/Co-V9iGqUcZ/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading

Also confirmed by Time magazine:

Smith's casting announcement comes after showrunner Michael Patrick King confirmed that another nonbinary fan favorite, Sara Ramírez's Che Diaz, is set to return for season 2.

"The first season was judging a book by its cover, and season 2 is about reading the book," he told Variety in June, following mixed reactions to Che in season 1.

"One of my burning passions about season 2 is Che," added King. "I want to show the dimension of Che that people didn't see, for whatever reason — because they were blinded, out of fear or terror. I want to show more of Che rather than less of Che. Like, really."

https://people.com/tv/sam-smith-teases-and-just-like-that-season-2-appearance/

sam-smith-ajlt-022323-7b02cf272a944ec59c

"One of my burning passions about season 2 is Che," added King. "I want to show the dimension of Che that people didn't see, for whatever reason — because they were blinded, out of fear or terror. I want to show more of Che rather than less of Che. Like, really."

288203.jpg?b64lines=QU0gSSBTTyBPVVQgT0Yg

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 4
On 2/26/2023 at 7:23 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Since when the hell is Che a "fan favorite"? Not talking just about this board, either. The character got roundly panned on Twitter, too. I see Michael Patrick King is still as defensive and delusional as ever.

If he has such a burning passion for Che then he should have created a show for that character.  How he and Cynthia Nixon continue to ignore what viewers and so many reviewers have said shows how little they care about the audience.  

Between this hyper focus on Che and Carrie and Aiden for the third fucking time this season is going to be the suckiest suckfest ever.  And considering season one was pretty fucking sucky that is saying a lot.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
On 2/26/2023 at 6:54 AM, Harvey said:

"I want to show the dimension of Che that people didn't see, for whatever reason — because they were blinded, out of fear or terror. I want to show more of Che rather than less of Che. Like, really."

Or, hear me out, the reason that people didn’t see that dimension of Che wasn’t because they were blinded out of “fear” or “terror,” but rather because an additional dimension of Che *doesn’t exist.*.

We get it, they’re strident, they’re a rebel, they’re breaking boundaries left-and-right, good of you, but also that’s still a single dimension.

It’s also disingenuous as hell to act like anyone who disliked Che was acting out of “fear” — there are *plenty*of LGBTQIA people, myself included, who didn’t like Che.

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
On 4/11/2023 at 7:56 PM, RealHousewife said:

Pardon me if I missed this, but is there still no date for season 2? I feel like season 1 was years ago. Is a hiatus this long normal?

According to this article in People Magazine it's slated to premiere in the Summer of 2023.  One of my dislikes about streaming shows is that they seem to keep to no regular schedule as far as releasing new seasons.  Right now it looks like I'm going to experience a tsunami of shows premiering in the Summer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hate myself for saying this, but the trailer looks good. 

But I'm not fooled! MPK is still at the helm and Che Diaz is still on the show. 

It's good to see more of the new ladies in the mix. And Aiden. Miss my buddy Steve, hope he's off living his very best life. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1