Type keyword(s) to search

Season 38 Final Jeopardy! Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

This week I got 2/5. I’ll have to come back and edit whether or not I got the *. I’m genuinely happy that so many of you did so well this week. 

4E13B45E-C3AD-4D7C-B74B-369961A36592.jpeg.b63e48625ed6f9deefaf66910a94c104.jpeg

I’m going to bring an apple pie and vanilla ice cream for a la mode. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

OMG!  5/5!!!

That's great! Good For You!

2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

This week I got 2/5. I’ll have to come back and edit whether or not I got the *. I’m genuinely happy that so many of you did so well this week. 

4E13B45E-C3AD-4D7C-B74B-369961A36592.jpeg.b63e48625ed6f9deefaf66910a94c104.jpeg

I’m going to bring an apple pie and vanilla ice cream for a la mode. 

2/5 this week - that seems to be my typical level.

Yum, apple pie ala mode sounds wonderfurl

Hmm..what American dish goes along with that? Steak - that's pretty American. With roast potatoes.

• Love 5
On 2/25/2022 at 7:09 PM, shapeshifter said:

I really shouldn't, but, yes, please pass me just one of those caramel-filled churros.

Not sure if I want churros after watching SNL last night.

Been off the grid due to Internet being out for multi days. Here are last week's clues for anyone who needs them.

WEEK 24 • Feb. 21, 2022 — ONE asterisk *  
116. Historic European Families. This family has been traced to the Mugello valley around the year 1200 & the name suggests the trade of physician.
* 117. American Women. In 1914 she received a patent on a trefoil emblem, which she would transfer to an organization a few years later.  *
118. Play Characters. A 1949 review noted the “wrong formulas for success” of this character & “fatal misconceptions about his place in the scheme of things.”
119. Fictional Families. Introduced in the 1930s in The New Yorker, they’ve appeared on TV & Broadway & in live action & animated films.
20. Awards. These awards have a retro version & winners include the novel “The Sword in the Stone” & “The War of the Worlds” radio broadcast.

• Love 4

Week twenty-four: four of five with the asterisk. I completely blanked on the Hugo Awards, which is annoying as I'm a huge SF geek.

I've been looking for Ukrainian national dishes, but I refuse to fix or consume borsht! (Beets! Ugh!) But I forgot about Chicken Kiev (or I suppose that should be Chicken Kviv these days).

From Wikipedia's entry on Chicken Kiev:

Chicken Kiev is made from a boned and skinned breast which is cut lengthwise, pounded and stuffed with butter. Western recipes usually call for garlic butter, while in Russian ones regular butter is used. Herbs (parsley and dill) can be added to the butter.

I think I can figure that out! But I'm definitely going for the garlic butter version.

• Love 5

4/5, no * since they won't accept "woman who founded the American Girl Scouts."

10 hours ago, PBnJay said:
11 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Of note to our statistics hero @saber5055 I didn’t get the asterisk. 
I hope you are well and I miss your posts. 

Someone needs to kick her butt and get her back among the living. 

I believe @saber5055 's absence is not her choice. But she is truly missed.

Edited by Good Queen Jane
  • Love 6

Somehow got to 5/5 with one*.  Monday and Friday were guesses but I was solid for the middle of the week.  Being a Girl Scout all the way from Brownie through Senior helped (had a discussion about it being an * while buying cookies this past weekend.)  Willie Loman and the Addams family were Instagets largely due to love of theater.  I am still recovering from the idea that the Von Trapps were fictional.

To celebrate Mardi Gras and the amazing generosity the Polish people are showing the refugees, I offer up a variety of paczki (ridiculously caloric donuts that are sinfully good).

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Grundoon59 said:

To celebrate Mardi Gras and the amazing generosity the Polish people are showing the refugees, I offer up a variety of paczki

And tomorrow is Pączki Day! Yeay! Help yourself, everyone!

paczki_assorted.jpg.235b48ef3f9c5c1bb33f59fc6e615ae5.jpg

• Love 9

I got 2/5 but I'm salty that I can't remember the name of the girl scout woman... I know it is in my brain somewhere... I've hit on every other woman with thee names...   

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Week 25: 0/5

Tuesday I was staring at Clark Gable's face in my mind, but could not bring up his name.

Wednesday I guessed correctly "Guggenheim" but last minute changed it to "MOMA." 

Friday for "Don Quixote" I said: "The guy who tilted at windmills."

My stomach is a little upset, so I'm making Chamomile tea.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

WEEK 25 • Feb. 28, 2022 — ONE asterisk *  
121. Modern War. Called the longest siege of a capital in modern history, the assault on this city lasted from 1992 to 1996.
122. The Silver Screen. He was the first actor to star in 3 films that won the Oscar for Best Picture: those of 1934, 1935 & 1939.
123. Art Museums. Before its 1959 opening, 21 artists protested its design, saying it would make paintings look tilted & askew.  
124. European Cities. Pizzo means protection money; the Addiopizzo movement was founded in this city in 2004.
 * 125. Literary Characters. Dostoyevsky wrote that this title man in an earlier European novel is “beautiful only because he is ridiculous.”  *

Our Contest Host says anyone who answered "That Crazy Guggenheim" to question 123 gets extra credit. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3