Type keyword(s) to search

Season 38 Final Jeopardy! Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

4/5 with 2A* and 1* - On Monday, I got stuck on Smithson for Smithsonian even though I knew the dates were wrong and I was sure that wasn't where the Columbian exposition was.  I love the Field Museum but could not get my brain in gear to answer.

The rest of the week kind of fell into place for me somehow.  Tuesday was an educated guess since I couldn't think of any other answer.  Bangladesh was an Instaget although I am not entirely sure why but I will always remember it because of my 8th grade Social Studies teacher, Mrs. Rutkowski.  She always had us discuss current events and one day she came into class saying, now who can tell me about the new country we gained yesterday?

Gilbert Stuart popped into my head just because of the portrait and the timing seemed right.  I am a child of the 70s - John Denver seemed correct (although I did briefly wonder did Puff the Magic Dragon become a state song?)

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Grundoon59 said:

Gilbert Stuart popped into my head just because of the portrait and the timing seemed right. 

That portrait hung in every one of my grade-school classrooms. I always wondered why he never finished the bottom of it, that always bugged me. But it made me remember Stuart's name!

5/5 +1* and 2A*

My friend and I are bringing a big platter of baked Cajun chicken legs. There will be more than five legs per person so dig in! And bring your Tupperware for take out.

chickenLegs.thumb.jpg.128b223d1697063d7db1f3880197aa25.jpg

Edited by PBnJay
  • Love 7

John Denver was a quick one for me but I did spend some time making sure I had not mixed up the Denvers and suggested Gilligan wrote Rocky Mountain High and John went on a three hour tour.  I know which is which but I was all... OMG what if I get this wrong?!?!?!?

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, bybrandy said:

John Denver was a quick one for me but I did spend some time making sure I had not mixed up the Denvers and suggested Gilligan wrote Rocky Mountain High and John went on a three hour tour.  I know which is which but I was all... OMG what if I get this wrong?!?!?!?

Now I want to know if any John Denver songs can be sung to the tune of the Gilligan's Island theme song...

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

4/5 (Which still feels like a lot to me but I've it it pretty frequently recently) with one *  

All of them were instagets for me except Thursday.  I was sure once I heard the answer that I would know the clothing.. but I had to google it.  

• Love 4

This is the first time I've noticed people posting their scores before the Friday game has aired in a lot of markets.  Does the spoiler policy apply in this thread?

Jeopardy! spoilers:

Since the show airs at different times in many markets, please avoid posting information about any new episode of the day before 7PM ET / 6PM CT / 5PM MT / 4PM PT. If absolutely necessary, you can spoiler tag it. This allows for posters to watch it in their own local TV markets.  Thank you.

I guess just knowing whether someone knew FJ isn't really a spoiler but please don't get carried away with details!

• Love 9

2/5

I’m hungry for something to fill me up so I’ll be serving burgers and fries. 

21597B2D-9E8F-46CE-90F3-520242E9ADF2.thumb.jpeg.c22a437661aa731237b6eb04b0220602.jpeg

I’ll put all the condiments on the side so you can build yours the way you like. 
Onions come either grilled (as shown above) or raw. 

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

2/5

21597B2D-9E8F-46CE-90F3-520242E9ADF2.thumb.jpeg.c22a437661aa731237b6eb04b0220602.jpeg

I’ll put all the condiments on the side so you can build yours the way you like. 

Well, it IS FRYday. Lots of fries, please.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

WEEK 21 • Jan. 31, 2022 — TWO asterisk *  
* 101. Women Who Write. Mimicking her style, a 1912 rejection note read: “Only one look, only one look is enough. Hardly one copy would sell here. Hardly one.”  *  
102. Historic Geography. This city on the Rhone River that is partly a World Heritage Site was papal property until the French Revolution.
103. Recent TV. The credits on “The Queen’s Gambit” included this man as “special consultant.”
* 104. Famous Americans. He was buried in 1969 in one of the World War II uniform jackets named for him.  *
105. Behind the Disney Attraction. The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror utilizes technology developed by this company founded in 1853. 

• Love 3

4/5 - had a good week but Disney is off my radar. I hate amusement parks. That’s what hell is going to be. You will be assigned to an amusement park and have to spend eternity standing in a line with screaming kids and whiny parents. The worst of us will be assigned to Disneyworld. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, OperaLover1229 said:

4/5 - had a good week but Disney is off my radar. I hate amusement parks. That’s what hell is going to be. You will be assigned to an amusement park and have to spend eternity standing in a line with screaming kids and whiny parents. The worst of us will be assigned to Disneyworld. 

I'm quite anti-Disney, but it really didn't have much to do with Disney. All you had to know is towers have elevators.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

All you had to know is towers have elevators.

...and "Otis" (otis.com/en/us/our-company/history).
I vaguely recall reading something about them previously.
Was this another Jeopardy! clue-response in the past year?

Since burgers and their buns are round like my zero, thanks, @Mindthinkr!
(hold the round onions)

11 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

• Love 4
8 hours ago, OperaLover1229 said:

I hate amusement parks. That’s what hell is going to be. You will be assigned to an amusement park and have to spend eternity standing in a line with screaming kids and whiny parents. The worst of us will be assigned to Disneyworld. 

Taking to small talk...

3 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

What else goes with burgers and fries...oh, how about milkshakes?

I have vanilla and strawberry ice cream and homemade chocolate syrup...

That burger looks good. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I have vanilla and strawberry ice cream and homemade chocolate syrup...

That burger looks good. 

It does. I haven't had a burger since the pandemic started. The best burger in town is in a tiny restaurant, and our county's vacc percentage is not high. Could get to go - but it's a piece of art, and eating it cooled off or re-heated would be tragic.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

It does. I haven't had a burger since the pandemic started. The best burger in town is in a tiny restaurant, and our county's vacc percentage is not high. Could get to go - but it's a piece of art, and eating it cooled off or re-heated would be tragic.

I had dinner with a friend a while ago, while things were in a relatively good place here. I had a burger that looked a lot like that.

Supposed to have lunch with her and another friend later this month; we postponed from last month because of omicron levels, so we'll see...

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I am SO bored watching this, I went to thejeopardyfan.com to review the week's FJs.

3/5 (Tues, Thurs, Fri)

I agree. I’m still watching but it feels like the games are just trudging along. Although Scott, and now Emma, are livening things up a bit. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

2/5

I'm adding to the burger toppings by adding some caramelized onions and fresh baked Kaiser rolls.  

• Love 6
19 hours ago, bybrandy said:

I'm adding to the burger toppings by adding some caramelized onions and fresh baked Kaiser rolls.  

My mouth is watering. The onions are one of the ingredients of the best burger in our town (the one I haven't had since the start of the pandemic). And who doesn't love Kaiser rolls? With poppy seeds?

16 hours ago, j5cochran said:

Week twenty-one: four of five, with one asterisk! I had no clue on Gertrude Stein, but the rest of the week was almost all insta-gets.

How about a tomato/mozzarella/green onion salad to go with the burgers?

A healthy option goes well with burgers and shakes, and it sounds lovely too.

• Love 3