Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Should I Stay or Should I Go

• Start Topic

A whiteout storm and continual bad weather forces the crew of Lady Michelle to find creative ways to keep the guests entertained. Meanwhile, David learns a lesson the hard way after making an important error and Katie’s aversion to conflict comes to a head when she is forced to make a tough decision about her interior team.

Bravo Airdate: 09.06.2021

This season the episodes will be airing a week earlier on Peacock Premium.  You can comment on the episode once it is live there.  Anyone waiting for the Bravo airing, be aware there will be early comments on the episode - so don't enter if you don't want to be spoiled!

Lexi seemed to love telling Delaney what to do while she stood there and ate chips. The one guest I so wanted to put a pea under her mattress to see if she complained of a back-ache. The fussiest by far. This thing mustn't get within five feet of my plate. "Are you allergic?" No, just a twat.

Katie, she feels the stress and I wish she would be more assertive. The pandemic isn't letting you replace Lexi, so face her down. It sucks when you have responsibility without authority, but that happens often.

I would have more sympathy for Delaney and her Elmer Fudd thing if she didn't say she used it to bully people into better grades and more candy. 

Courtney continues to work and pick up the slack, and I feel for her.

• Love 11

So is it typical that the crew feels some obligation to entertain guests if weather is bad?  I'm talking about real charters, not this TV make-believe stuff.

Would make sense, try to make sure guests have a good time, try to get a bigger tip than they otherwise would have gotten.  But tips on these BD shows are dubious, since guests are obviously being cast in at least some instances.

However, crew in firemen outfits (which they just happened to have on board, right?) doing lap dances on an all-women charter?  Beer pong?

And the female guests were all game and then some, with all the talk about swallowing.  So the crew had some idea that the women would be receptive to this kind of entertainment, which may not always be the case.  Remember, one of the guests brought a fat suit on board to do a lap dance for a crew member.

So maybe they were cast because they were "down" for anything?

How typical is it for crew to flirt with guests on real charters?  Probably happens but in this one, the innuendo was pretty thick and not subtle.

So we see the beginning of the rift between Sandy and Malia, who lied to Sandy to protect her crew.  With firing being always a thing on BD shows, I guess this one strike would be a fireable offense or something?  The guests didn't get hurt and they could have just drained the jet ski and put them back out there.

Mat is pushing on Katie to get rid of the new stew -- or better yet Lexi, just so he can have his cabin back.  But he may have been prompted to beat her to death with it for TV.

That one guest hates the food because she didn't get a proper entree.  Mat is doing family style so the different guests can pick out the stuff  they want to eat, rather than make 6 different entrees every meal.

With one chef, it's not like a restaurant where they could have multiple starters, main dishes, etc.  She mentioned Michelin restaurants.  Is that really the expectation, even on supposedly expensive super yacht charters?  Sure real billionaires can hire personal chefs to make whatever for them.  But for these TV make-believe guests?  

• Love 7

Really, why is it NOT an option to get rid of Lexi and keep Delaney?   Problem solved.  Lexi is so lazy, it’s ridiculous.  Also, learn how to say Delaney’s name.  It’s not that hard.

Courtney cracked me up with “DeLexi.”  

• Like 1
  • Love 16

Sandy kills me. She caused this whole problem because she decided that this season she would not make any unpopular decisions. So she hires on a 4th stew and leaves it up to Katie to solve the cabin problems knowing full well that Katie would get the grief over this.And this was done so as to not fire Lexi.  Last season Sandy made the call on cabin assignments when Malia went to her whining about Hannah.  Sandy was also the one to fire June when the stew turned chef wanted to be a stew again and there was no room for a 4th stew. Oh and Sandy getting pissy with Malia not buying it, made up drama. But I have no sympathy for Katie. She should have told Sandy that Lexi needed to be fired when she had the chance. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, aghst said:

That one guest hates the food because she didn't get a proper entree.  Mat is doing family style so the different guests can pick out the stuff  they want to eat, rather than make 6 different entrees every meal.

Mat was working within ridiculous constraints with some of these women. I thought he did well with putting out several options that were clearly spelled out, as in this is gluten free, dairy free, food free as in here are some leaves of lettuce.  "I want my own entree." Well go to a vegan restaurant then and not limit everyone else to your dietary restrictions.  The way people think this is a fully staffed restaurant is mind boggling to me. He's not a short order cook.

• Love 15

Does eveyone get it? Matt wants his cabin back. What a whiney little bitch. 

And fuck Sandy, who has had no problem firing people  in the past, and who should have fired Lexi when she brought on Delaney. What’s her agenda here. Katie told her twice she wanted Lexi gone, and now she has to be the one to can Delaney. 

• Love 17

We know by now that all the chefs are prima donnas but Matt takes the cake for me.  The constant nagging about Delaney having his cabin and reducing the tip, dear god.  He even hinted at the fact that he would walk off the boat for a 3rd time.  What an annoying “f”.  I can barely stand to hear him speak.  Who would want to hire this guy after seeing this.  

Lexi is treating Delaney like her personal assistant, ordering her around.  I have no sympathy for Katie.  If she dismisses Delaney, Katie will find herself short handed and left with Lexi’s poor performance.  She should have bitten the bullet and had the cabins changed right away.  Pondering over it for days just made it worse.

• Love 6

Can we throw Matt off the Boat? he is annoying af and totally delusional. He wants the extra stew gone because he doesn't want to move a few things to another cabin.  How much stuff can they have.  He says if he can cook for 20 people,  they can run the interior with 3.  Did he just forget all the help he got from Lloyd with dinner...that he is doing family style every meal....that he already quit twice, faked a knee injury  to get out of work? the guy is a tool

• Love 15
9 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

Does eveyone get it? Matt wants his cabin back. What a whiney little bitch. 

And fuck Sandy, who has had no problem firing people  in the past, and who should have fired Lexi when she brought on Delaney. What’s her agenda here. Katie told her twice she wanted Lexi gone, and now she has to be the one to can Delaney. 

Should they get rid of Lexi and keep Delaney, the devil they know vs. the devil they don't know?  I get the pondering but the cabin arrangement makes it tough, the training on the job makes it tough so I really don't see any benefit of keeping Delaney, but she is way more pleasant than Lexi although her debating Katie was annoying, she has to realize that Katie is her superior and if she says go, she needs to go.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Should they get rid of Lexi and keep Delaney, the devil they know vs. the devil they don't know?  I get the pondering but the cabin arrangement makes it tough, the training on the job makes it tough so I really don't see any benefit of keeping Delaney, but she is way more pleasant than Lexi although her debating Katie was annoying, she has to realize that Katie is her superior and if she says go, she needs to go.

Lexi can be very competent when she chooses to be. She is good with guests when she is attentive. She's a bit scary when she drinks. Many of us gave the douche bros hell for doing what she does, so I'm torn on what should happen.

I'm sorry but I'm imagining Delaney walking up and asking if I want a wefill.

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
41 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

I'm pretty sure production is telling Katie what to do (e.g., don't fire Lexi).

A definite possibility, but someone help me here. In the past, Capt. Shady took care of banishing the "unwanteds". I clearly remember her telling a stew (can't remember her name), that her position was now "redundant". What is the difference?  Are we not supposed to not remember this?

ETA: apologies to 65Mickey who already mentioned this. Note to self: Speed reading and scanning should not be done until fully caffeinated.

Edited by Rebky
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Rebky said:

A definite possibility, but someone help me here. In the past, Capt. Shady took care of banishing the "unwanteds". I clearly remember her telling a stew (can't remember her name), that her position was now "redundant". What is the difference?  Are we not supposed to not remember this?

June, June, Hannah.

It was June who was brought on as a temp, she knew it was a short term thing.

• Love 5

I'm not sure Delaney can outright replace Lexi because Delaney has zero experience as a stew and probably doesn't know how to make drinks, which is a huge part of the job. But since laundry is always a big deal they should just keep her on as laundry girl, and bite the bullet on the cabin assignments. There are only two more charters left after this, they'll live.

• Love 9
22 hours ago, nokat said:

I feel really bad for Courtney, Mzi, Lloyd and David. They are all loyal, considerate and hard-working. And now what are they getting for it? Less tip and a giant cabin switch. Katie better keep Courtney on service for the next two charters. It's the least she can do for all Courtney's efforts.

I purposely didn't mention feeling bad for Malia and Mat. Karma, bitches!

Edited by Jsage
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, nokat said:

I'm sorry but I'm imagining Delaney walking up and asking if I want a wefill.

True, I don’t know how good she would be serving the guests.  But there is always one stew chained to the laundry.  

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

True, I don’t know how good she would be serving the guests.  But there is always one stew chained to the laundry.  

It seems like Katie is willing to make all the stews do the laundry cycle. Lexi seemed happy enough there./s

Edited by nokat
On 8/30/2021 at 12:51 PM, nokat said:

Lexi seemed to love telling Delaney what to do while she stood there and ate chips. The one guest I so wanted to put a pea under her mattress to see if she complained of a back-ache. The fussiest by far. This thing mustn't get within five feet of my plate. "Are you allergic?" No, just a twat.

Katie, she feels the stress and I wish she would be more assertive. The pandemic isn't letting you replace Lexi, so face her down. It sucks when you have responsibility without authority, but that happens often.

I would have more sympathy for Delaney and her Elmer Fudd thing if she didn't say she used it to bully people into better grades and more candy. 

Exactly!  BINGO!!!  Which is why I had zero problem with having previously made fun of her and her Daffy Duck/Elmer Fudd manner of speaking - because she CAN control it, IF she wanted to.  But she doesn't want to because she's always used it to advance her own selfish agendas.

This is a brilliant assessment of Katie's situation:  you have responsibility without authority.  But I also think that Katie's additional problem is that she wants to be liked more than she wants to be respected.  She also exercises poor judgment by constantly demonstrating empathy for a piece of shit of a human being, Lazy Lexi, who is incapable for any kind feelings towards anyone other than herself.  Katie's biggest mistake is trying to be friends with her subordinates instead of behaving like their boss.  The only one of her underlings worthy of her "friendship" is Courtney, who has picked up the slack of Lazy Lexi since day one (as well as that cheap bitch's food/drink tab - has she even paid her back yet?).

All because of the world's worst human, Lazy Lexi, the entire crew now has to have their entire lives unsettled by being forced into a game of musical rooms and a significantly les0ser share of tips, because their tips will now have to be divided up with Daffy Duck now also receiving a share of the tip.

And did Daffy Duck really have the effing audacity at the very opening of this episode to LIE and make up LIES about what Katie said to her in their one-on-one conversation?

I knew I disliked that other, new piece of shit (Daffy Duck) for reasons other than her fake, exaggerated speech impediment.  This twat is a master manipulator, guilting Katie into keeping her around.

Katie really needs to grow a set of balls.  She should have early on and very firmly told Lazy Lexi that all of the problems stem from her laziness and incompetence, and I would have no problem with her embarrassing that C U Next Tuesday in front of all the rest of the crew, which Katie would never do.  That's just my wishful thinking. 

She also should not have done away with ranks completely.  To teach Lazy Lexi a proper lesson, she should have DEMOTED Lazy Lexi and raised Courtney up above her to reward her for all of her "above and beyond" efforts in picking up the slack caused by Lazy Lexi.

There's no excuse for why Katie didn't tell Captain Asshat the specific details of every offense that Lazy Lexi committed against her as well as all of the rest of the crew, including all of her slacking off time and not doing her job either at all or competently (remember the morning she was on deck taking photos when she was on breakfast duty and nowhere to be found so the guests had to make their own drinks - also the morning that she didn't set out any breakfast plates for the guests?). Had she done so, then I doubt that Captain Asshat would have still told her to "work it out" with Lazy Lexi and to "bring her along".  If this management company is worried about possible mishaps occurring as the result of members of the opposite sex cohabiting, then just imagine how horrified they'd be to learn of Lazy Lexi's sexual assault perpetrated on Lloyd when she smothered his poor face with her watermelons.

And is Lazy Lexi improving?  No.  She's just as incompetent and "I don't give a fuck" as ever.  She's loving having Daffy Duck as her lackey.  Her attitude is still shit, walking around and constantly muttering about the unfairness of her life and how much better she is than everyone she's surrounded by. 

This show frustrates me to no end.  How common sense, fairness and ethics don't reign supreme boggles my mind.  How effing difficult is it to get things to run smoothly?  Oh, right.  I forget.  Dealing with Lazy Lexi is like trying to herd cats.  And all these people are cast members/actors first and actual crew secondarily, if at all.  Why oh why does production think that watching constant hassles, fights, disrespect, criminal behavior, shitty attitudes and personality disorders is what viewers want, rather than a smoothly run ship with beautiful scenery, gorgeous food presentation, and kindness?

• Love 9

I really don't see the big issue with switching cabins. Considering it is often done before on previous seasons and they are tiny cabins, and therefore they only have a bit of luggage to move - it really isn't the big issue it is being made out to be ! As for Matt - his only concern is his cabin ! Geez shut up already and stop whining !!

WARNING POSSIBLE SPOILER BELOW - ONLY READ ON IF YOU ARE NOT TOO CONCERNED.

They actually gave away the decision on the sneak previews for the next episode. Normally they are very careful - however if you were quick, you would notice that there was a red head sitting at the meal table with the crew, on the crew night out !

• Love 9

The entire Malia/Sandy argument is just stupid. Malia mentioned the plastic bag thing to MZI (I think) when the waterlogged jet ski was first noticed. She repeated it to Sandy but she didn't make it up just to lie to Sandy. Reminds of the previous season and the whole spark plug argument. Not sure what it is and why Sandy picks these arguments but it's petty and probably staged.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Marvin said:

I really don't see the big issue with switching cabins. Considering it is often done before on previous seasons and they are tiny cabins, and therefore they only have a bit of luggage to move - it really isn't the big issue it is being made out to be ! As for Matt - his only concern is his cabin ! Geez shut up already and stop whining !!

WARNING POSSIBLE SPOILER BELOW - ONLY READ ON IF YOU ARE NOT TOO CONCERNED.

They actually gave away the decision on the sneak previews for the next episode. Normally they are very careful - however if you were quick, you would notice that there was a red head sitting at the meal table with the crew, on the crew night out !

All this whining and complaining and harassing of Katie about this situation by the one guy on this yacht who, next to Lazy Lexi, has caused the most trouble of almost anyone else ever on any variation of the Below Deck franchise.  He needs to just STFU and deal with it the way everyone else will be ultimately having to deal with it.  He's no special snowflake, though he sure does seem to think of himself as one.  This guy is a real pill.  Between all the accolades he's constantly seeking from all of the stews after each dish of his has been served, and his so-called "anxiety", he's way more trouble than he's worth.

• Love 11
20 hours ago, Xebug67 said:

But I also think that Katie's additional problem is that she wants to be liked more than she wants to be respected

The worst boss I ever had wanted to be liked. If you're the boss, you can be liked and respected, but not by being too nice and letting people be lazy and abuse other employees. Katie is competent and gets things done, but at the expense of one person, Courtney.

• Love 3

I must say that I'm surprised that this episode held my interest as well as it did. I expected it to be boring (and the scripted scenes were) but the interactions and head games made up for it. First off:

Mat: STFU and don't even *dare* joke about leaving the boat a 3rd time. You are not qualified to be a superyacht chef and a bigger concern for  you is who the hell would hire you in the future after seeing this seasons episodes? The client is correct, you are a 4 out of 10. Family style each and every night?? You are just making things simple for yourself and taking advantage.  The guest *should* have her own entree. Consider yourself lucky that they all didn't want plated service each meal. Many guests at that level would expect and insist on it. And please stop the passive/aggressive BS when whining to Katie about your precious cabin. I see your smile through gritted teeth. All you care about is your own agenda and not that you are torturing her with it. You're too selfish to see it. When I reflect the way you have handled your self on this vessel, Katie could have suggested you room in the chain locker and you should have just said "sure Katie."

Katie: You are truly a sweetheart. I'd marry you but I sure wouldn't let you run a superyacht interior. Making a fairly straightforward staffing decision "gives you pain" when someone is disappointed? If that triggers your anxiety level, then maybe you should rethink this career? How did you manage 8 stews? I know you're on to Mat. Let him self destruct on his own or he'll bring you down with him.

Sandy/Malia:  Finally even though the jet ski argument issue did seem somewhat contrived, I must (here it comes) stick up for Sandy. She is right. You need to be truthful with the Captain. It's not about jet skis. Some day someones life may depend on it.

Edited by aqusdealer
  • Love 3

Katie has run super yacht interiors, with larger number of stews reporting to her than on BDM.

It's just that on this show, they give her sociopaths like Lexi.

Why she chose to do this show, who knows, maybe she wanted to see if she could have a reality show career.

But for all we know, she went right back to running interiors on big yachts after this season was filmed.

• Love 6

I looked to see if the next episode is on onDemand or Peacock. Does is show up after midnight or when the earlier version airs?

I just watched episode 12 and waiting for the forum to open so I can talk about it.

Edited by nokat

Impressions:

1) Captain Sandy is the worst personnel manager.  But Katie needs to grow a pair and push back and not cry about it.

2) Delaney is obviously there for her figure, but she also genuinely seems to want to do a good job and works hard.  It's not her fault that Sandypants didn't know from the start that the company doesn't allow co-ed cabin sharing with people not in a stated relationship.  But hey, Delaney -- "how do I fold a fitted sheet?" -- spend 10 seconds online and youtube will offer several examples.

3) Lexi loves her phone more than work.  She doesn't know how to make a bed, either.

4) There's more grease on the guests' faces than on their plates.

5) Mathew is a mega-whiner.  Should have dumped him the first time he walked out.  He should pay more attention to his own job than the job of others.  Especially when the crew (lloyd) sweeps in to help out.

6) Sandy's meltdown over the jetski reminds me of the Caine Mutiny.  From now on I'll call Captain Sandy Captain Queeg.  Malia consistently handles the deck OK.  Queeg puts of things on others.

7) Delaney to Lexi -- "Why did I trust you?"  Indeed.

8) Lexi -- "I'm just being lazy."  Yep.  By the way, breast chips -- not good.

9) Mathew -- "Should I quit a third time?"  Please do.  Do us a favour.

10) Welsh Princess Courtney can just stand there -- I'd watch her for hours.  (:

11) As usual, the guests urge people to eat the rich -- no class jerks.

• Love 4

In the Sandy vs Malia argument I have to stick up for Malia (but not strongly because I really don't care for either) because Capt Sandy asked what was wrong and if it was the plugs (or whatever they are called). Malia said they were checking it out and would let her know. I would think confirming - not assuming - is the right path to take; but Capt Sandy never did like anyone proving her wrong... 

Edited by FlyingEgret
Auto correct sucks
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, FlyingEgret said:

In the Sandy vs Malia argument I have to stick up for Malia (but not strongly because I really don't care for either) because Capt Sandy asked what was wrong and if it was the plugs (or whatever they are called). Malia said they were checking it out and would let her know. I would think confirming - not assuming - is the right path to take; but Capt Sandy never did like anyone proving her wrong... 

I thought Malia did the right thing. She realized there was a problem and took care of it. She's the bosun, right? Then micromanaging Sandy had to come in. Ugh.

• Like 1
  • Love 12

I can't get over the fact that Katie has been a chief stew before and is still this terrified of giving orders that may make someone (who she'll never see again) mad at her!  Unbelievable.  I know Capt.Sandy has hobbled her with her own weird orders and suggestions but seriously i can't see Kate or even Hannah letting themselves being pushed around like Lexi and Fudd are pushing her.  I'm guessing the cameras in her face recording everything she says is disconcerting to her and she's not her normal confident self.  I'm hoping! Geez, it's making me nervous watching her wringing her hands and winding herself up so much she has to throw up. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, stcroix said:

it's making me nervous watching her wringing her hands and winding herself up so much she has to throw up. 

Production does love to let us listen to bathroom noises. Yes, she did throw up from anxiety. There always has to be a stew causing problems.

• Love 3

I would not be entertained by the crew putting on cheap costumes that look like fire hazards. This group of women acted like they were so picky but they are the ones who paid for a glorified booze cruise. So shut up.

I think Delexi is the perfect name for the two half stews. I don’t think either could do the job on their own.

Matt’s claim of cooking for 20 people......well sure after you quit twice and had a fit about preparing meals for the crew, you have been doing your job. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

You know some of these horrible guests probably have a viewing party when their episode airs. How embarrassing it must be?

I've thought about that! But after seeing some of these guests and how they act I can see them laughing at themselves and thinking they looked cute or cool.  SMH

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, stcroix said:

I've thought about that! But after seeing some of these guests and how they act I can see them laughing at themselves and thinking they looked cute or cool.  SMH

Absolutely, they're grown ass adults, they know how they act.  They just happen to think they're cool.  They're likely to root for the unruly airline passenger in those flight attendant gets assaulted clips. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Lexi slumped in a corner, stuffing her face and lazily ordering Delaney around.

Lexi's revised resume: "Assistant chief stew with supervisory authority over laundry staff."

I loathe her so much!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I don't understand Katie's constant stress over the Delani situation.  What situation is there??  She seems to be a fairly decent stew so keep her.  And ask the Capt. if she can fire Lexi.  If not then she stays and everybody else (MATT) can STFU about it. 

I've stood up for Matt in the past but he really pissed me off this episode.  What business is it of his to tell Katie what to do?  Add extra pressure on her to fire Delani and for what?  Just so he can get his cabin back?  Yeah loosing the extra tip money sucks and yeah it does boil down to Lexi but dang give Katie a break will ya??

Oh and the cliff hanger is stupid 

Spoiler

since we've seen Delani in upcoming episodes we know she stays so IDK what Bravo is thinking.  They think we can't see her in the upcoming previews?

I will agree that these charter guests are a bit demanding but I'm a long time Housewives viewers and compared to them they are very tame!  So in comparison they weren't that bad. *shrug*

Edited by Dirtybubble
  • Love 2

I feel like I'm missing something, but I even watched the Never Before Scene of the past few episodes and I still don't get it.

Delaney lied on her resume. She claimed she had been a shtew, but really she's only "put out Costco pwattews" and not interacted with guests. She may be doing well considering her lack of experience, but she's having to learn on the job because she lied about her experience. To me, this is right up there with Chris Rock offering men a cookie for actually parenting their children.

The first few things Delaney tells us about herself:

- She was a psychowogy majow at the Univewsity of Cawifownia - Bewkewey because she likes making people do what she wants. (IOW, she's a professional manipulator.)

- She affected this exaggerated speech impediment for more Cheewios. 

- She always got good grades in school and thus expects the whole working world to continue to give her a high GPA, and if they don't, she will bug the shit out of them until they relent.

- She doesn't need waundwy expwained because she's not a idiot. She gwaduated Bewkewey. (Not from Berkeley. She just graduated it.) Obviously she's not that bright, or she'd realize that it's not about being an idiot; it's that there is a specific way to do things in this new job she knows nothing about -- once more, because she lied on her resume. You can't admit you have no clue about this job but also buck up against anyone who tries to teach you a job you should damn well already know how to do, according to your own resume.

Now we're all stuck listening to the kid from the Shake-n-Bake commercials try to pwove hewsewf, again, because of a situation of her own making. She has the gall to chawwenge Katie on getting to stay because she's wowked so hawd and weawrned so much. You know, the stuff she was hired to do, on the assumption that she already knew how to do it!!! Nothing grinds my gears quite like the righteous indignance of a known liar and manipulator getting exactly what she deserves, except for that PLUS when it actually works!

Why is everyone -- not just here, but like three different podcasts and various other places -- giving this trick a pass? Is it just because Lexi seems even worse? Do we feel pity for her cartoonish speech (that seems to come and go at random, about as consistent as AYYEMEEY's TEXUSS ACKSIEEUNT back in the early BD days)? Is it just because she's "hot"? (suuuuupes subjective) Make it make sense!

Edited by JocelynCavanaugh
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

JocelynCavanaugh you're insulting a person's speech impediment wrongly. Delaney can't pronounce the letter R, not L, it's called Rhotacism for those interested in more than making fun. 

Edited by Grrarrggh
  • Love 3
On 9/9/2021 at 2:25 PM, JocelynCavanaugh said:

- She always got good grades in school and thus expects the whole working world to continue to give her a high GPA, and if they don't, she will bug the shit out of them until they relent.

I don't think this got enough attention, JocelynCavanaugh.  She was valedictorian of her high school class ONLY because she bullied teachers  into giving her higher grades.  She "earned" that GPA, all right.  Her powers of persuasion...whatever those were.  I feel sorry for her speech impediment--but I don't believe it's as pronounced as we hear (occasionally) or that she remembers to "use" it continually.

Dirtybubble, your "spoiler."   😄😄😄😄😄

Edited by Back Atcha
removed a duplicated word
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Grrarrggh said:

JocelynCavanaugh you're insulting a person's speech impediment wrongly. Delaney can't pronounce the letter R, not L, it's called Rhotacism for those interested in more than making fun. 

She does a little of both. It’s contrived so it doesn’t have to match a specific impediment. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I

- She was a psychowogy majow at the Univewsity of Cawifownia - Bewkewey because she likes making people do what she wants. (IOW, she's a professional manipulator.)

According to her LinkedIn page, she received a BA in Mass Communications.  She may have taken some Psych classes.

Education

University of California, Berkeley

Bachelor of Arts - BA Mass Communication/Media Studies

2013 - 2017

Activities and Societies: Cal Sailing Team, Chi Omega Sorority, Berkeley Investment Group

https://www.linkedin.com/in/delaney-evans-35b489197

Edited by Snarky McSnarky
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

According to her LinkedIn page, she received a BA in Mass Communications.  She may have taken some Psych classes.

Education

University of California, Berkeley

Bachelor of Arts - BA Mass Communication/Media Studies

2013 - 2017

Activities and Societies: Cal Sailing Team, Chi Omega Sorority, Berkeley Investment Group

https://www.linkedin.com/in/delaney-evans-35b489197

Didn’t she say she studied Psychology first, though? I remember her claiming both, just like Lexi’s Biology degree that turned into a Physics degree during a drunken tirade.  I don’t think I can sit through that episode again just to confirm. These people are exhausting. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

The moving cabins thing is so weird to me. I see the hassle, but could they not compromise and just move one drawer of stuff a day? They'd still be done by end of charter. It's not like they'd be miles from their old cabin if they needed to grab one specific item. 

I think Katie is a people pleaser, which makes her a great hospitality person. She's also probably reasonably assertive in running a professional charter yacht interior. This particular set of circumstances, however, involves layers of decision makers that do not include her and preclude her from discussing that fact, as well as the prospect of any move she makes being broadcast and second guessed.

It's her first season. She has no idea whether the audience/internet has already decided it loves or hates her. She has no idea how popular Lexi might be. She goes to Sandy for input and gets it dumped in her lap. The people pleasing part of her is probably paralyzed by the possible repercussions.

My guess is she's fine at the job part of her job - it's reconciling the show part of her job that has her in knots.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Didn’t she say she studied Psychology first, though? I remember her claiming both, just like Lexi’s Biology degree that turned into a Physics degree during a drunken tirade.  I don’t think I can sit through that episode again just to confirm. These people are exhausting. 

That's my recollection, that she said she had a degree in psychology from Berkeley.

• Love 2

Does anyone else ever think that Delaney is overcompensating because she is not as self assured as she makes herself out to be?   I actually don't believe she did anything of those things.  Because if she could teach herself to have a worse delay in speech why wouldn't she eventually be able to teach herself to pronounce some words clearly.   If she had said it once then I wouldn't have thought much about it.  But the constant brag that she has manipulated people just makes me think she suffers from Dunning Krueger effect.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2