Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Should I Stay or Should I Go

• Start Topic

Not sure if Delaney stays or not......

But to address the idiotic moving 6 people around.....

ROOMS:

FF        MM

MM _        FF        Marten

Because Delaney has to sleep somewhere for one night before the charter is over and then the big switch happens....the solution is far simpler than having 6 people move.

Delaney needs to sleep one night during charter somewhere.....Ask Marten to go in the 3person cabin for one night, so then Delaney sleeps in his room.  Or pigeonhole Delaney anywhere, perhaps other crew quarters, or Capt. Sandy's room, or who knows.  But if Marten is agreeable for 8 hours, then that's the easiest.

Then the next day, the day of big switch day,  take either pair of FF roomies and switch with the two boys from the 3 person room.  For example take the ones right above in the top diagram, but it doesn't matter.

Get D=Delaney in the 3 person room with two other gals.

MM        MM

FFD        FF        Marten

This even keeps the established roommates together.

Idiots!

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 9/10/2021 at 5:17 PM, kassa said:

The moving cabins thing is so weird to me. I see the hassle, but could they not compromise and just move one drawer of stuff a day? They'd still be done by end of charter. It's not like they'd be miles from their old cabin if they needed to grab one specific item. 

I think Katie is a people pleaser, which makes her a great hospitality person. She's also probably reasonably assertive in running a professional charter yacht interior. This particular set of circumstances, however, involves layers of decision makers that do not include her and preclude her from discussing that fact, as well as the prospect of any move she makes being broadcast and second guessed.

It's her first season. She has no idea whether the audience/internet has already decided it loves or hates her. She has no idea how popular Lexi might be. She goes to Sandy for input and gets it dumped in her lap. The people pleasing part of her is probably paralyzed by the possible repercussions.

My guess is she's fine at the job part of her job - it's reconciling the show part of her job that has her in knots.

I also wonder if she is leary of getting railroaded by Sandy later. We’ve seen what a meddling micromanager she is in all things yet she seems strangely uninterested in intervening in the Lexi situation other than providing the “help” of a stew who isn’t actually a stew and who also can’t sleep where they thought she could. In true terrible boss fashion, her help actually caused an entirely different set of issues that Katie, stuck in the middle, now has to solve. Knowing Sandy like we do, I wouldn’t blame Katie for feeling like any decision she makes will ultimately be made out to be the wrong decision in Sandy’s eyes and she’ll have to deal with the fallout of that later. 

• Love 10