Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E16: Eviction #5, HOH #6

• Start Topic

I'm glad Derex had the stones to nom Christian and get him out.

Tiff was getting on my last nerve.  I hope she strategizes herself right out the door next week and she can take Big D with her.

The punishments are pretty funny.

I'm not going to bother voting for this "High Roller" thing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Julie. We do NOT want to see you in khaki jeans. We like you to be fancy. But thank you for the peace, love and justice.

"We had one job. One." I love Hannah. 

"I sadly to evote Christian." Seriously, Big D? 

Edited by Melina22
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6

I've been thinking that all the talk we've done about the 6 or 11 player Cookout and the one thing that can't happen in that scenario is for the core to have cracks... and we now see the crack is Tiffany. Shocker. She really needs to tone down. You're in no danger right now, why go ahead of/around your alliance and put all this pressure on people to get out people not in your alliance? I don't like Big D but while being way too sensitive he does have a core point that an alliance is nothing if they can't work together without one person just saying what everyone is going to do. Crack city baby!!

I'm glad that SB stayed because I enjoy her young Juliana Hatfield looks.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Azah in that jumpsuit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah Beth and Christian looked like siblings sitting like that.

SB leaving is better for my sanity but Christian leaving is better for my preferred winners, so I was kind of okay either way.

I was enjoying the Derek F. / Tiffany conflict in a detached interested way.  D was getting kind of unnecessarily nasty, but other than that it's fun.

Now Alyssa has to pretend to like the other houseguests.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9

Ok, BB, first you cliffhang the veto meeting and now no HOH?  Stop messing with my world!

I don't really care much for SB and Christian seems like an ok guy, but I was glad to see him go, just because he's the "type" that generally sticks around too long.  I am loving the dynamics this year with shifting alliances and multiple people trying to play their own game.  There may be a big stealth alliance, but the individual players are clearly playing for themselves too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
14 minutes ago, leocadia said:

Ok, BB, first you cliffhang the veto meeting and now no HOH?  Stop messing with my world!

I know, what is up with that?? Let's hope this isn't a trend. We LIKE to know what's going on when. Losing years of proven structure is not good.

As for Big D, it's best to not make yourself look like a bitch when you call someone else out on being a bitch...

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Azah in that jumpsuit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah Beth and Christian looked like siblings sitting like that.

SB leaving is better for my sanity but Christian leaving is better for my preferred winners, so I was kind of okay either way.

I was enjoying the Derek F. / Tiffany conflict in a detached interested way.  D was getting kind of unnecessarily nasty, but other than that it's fun.

Now Alyssa has to pretend to like the other houseguests.  

I stand behind Everything you said 😆.

I didnt need to hear Derek F call Tiffany bitch over and over but I did enjoy the sparks  lol.

Speaking of Derek F , it is strange that he mangles that sentence every week. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

As for Big D, it's best to not make yourself look like a bitch when you call someone else out on being a bitch...

Yes.  The other alternative is to have the self-awareness and confidence to own your own bitchiness when calling others a bitch.

• Love 5

Another piece of eye candy has been evicted. They best leave Xavier, Kyland and even DereX alone !!! 

For the record, it's been many seasons since I've seen any player filled with such undeserved self-importance as I've seen with Derek F this season. Between the unsolicited hugs to every player he likes to dole out because he feels 'they need a hug from him'  (Geez, I'd firmly push him away if he came up to me like that, uninvited) , and his unsolicited advice he likes to share - this guy has an incredible sense of self-importance.

Let's pray he's next to go. 

• Love 7

Well, I have seen the future of the High Rollers Room. I'm willing to bet (pun intended) that just when Allison Grodner needs an outcome that will favor her wishes or the houseguest she wants to remain inside the house some manner of roulette wheel or slot machine that can secretly be controlled to stop where needed to ensure Allison's outcome will be trotted out.

Finally! Some real drama and tension among the Cookout. It's about time. The group splintering will put some spice back in the game. Derek F finally showing that he can be more than comic relief was enjoyable to watch as was Asah desperate attempts to rein him in.

I figured Tiffany was going to paint a target on herself by being too much of a puppet master and sure enough.

As for tonight when they devoted so much time to Tiffany running about trying to sway the vote it was a red flag that it wasn't going to work....it would be like telling you how the voting would be.

Alyssa seemed to get over losing Christian pretty quick as she was all smiles later in the show. Christian must have feet of clay if he waited that long to plant a kiss like that on the lovely latina.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

I love Hannah, too.  She looked so pretty tonight and Azah looked like a supermodel from a 1970's Vogue cover.

Well Hannah certainly rocked those light blue short shorts in the recap from last episode. She's hot for sure. Don't know why Derek X isn't all over that. Don't know what his deal is.

• Love 3

Whoa - Tiffany really lost me here, and I really liked her up until now. Who the heck does she think she is, threatening Brittini and Derek F with throwing  them under the bus unless they come clean with Christian? Who is leaving anyway? Brittini isn't even in either of her alliances, she doesn't have to do what you say! Someone has gotten too big for her britches. I'm no fan of Derek F but I liked that he and Azah pushed back on that and insisted on coming along when Brittini was summoned.

Derek X is adorable but damn, he looks like he's about 12 years old in that costume.

Well, I have seen the future of the High Rollers Room. I'm willing to bet (pun intended) that just when Allison Grodner needs an outcome that will favor her wishes or the houseguest she wants to remain inside the house some manner of roulette wheel or slot machine that can secretly be controlled to stop where needed to ensure Allison's outcome will be trotted out.

I was right there with  you but I was certain the new twist would be something that allowed Christian to get back into the game. Apparently not. Otherwise Julie just blew up Derek X's game. I can't imagine who Grodner's fave is now. All her alpha male dude bros are gone. Xavier maybe? I actually wouldn't mind if he won, so, whatevs. 

• Love 6

It’s been revealed that Derek Screws up words because of his dyslexia. 

I’m the odd one here, I like Derek F, He’s not a comp beast by any means & doesn’t deserve to win the game,but I like him.    

Tiffany doesn't give a damn about Big D or Azah, doesn’t include them in anything but expects them to vote her way because they’re apart of the “cookout” 

Tiffany was 100% trying to isolate and target Britney because she can be more vulnerable then others. If not then, tiffany shouldn’t have reacted so strongly towards her “alliance” members, meanwhile she was okay with Claire staying in the room? 

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Love 12

Gee, I wonder why Julie didn’t reveal The Cookout alliance to Christian tonight. Come to think of it she hasn’t done that with any of the previous evictees, either. Interesting.

I think Derek F is well aware of his “evote” shtick, it’s not because of dyslexia. He’s trying to make it a “thing” and it’s more or less backfiring on him. I did enjoy his calling out of Tiffany, though. Look for his inspirational book Mom, God and Me at all fine bookstores in 2022. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6

Christian's logic was literally insane with Julie.  He said he screwed up by not doing to Derek last week what Derek did to him tonight.  Cool.  Then he protests that Derek is in more danger because Christian, who openly said he needed to get Derek out, is himself gone.  So, threat #1 to Derek is out, therefore Derek is in grave danger.  Riiiiiight.

I haaaaaaaate that we didn't get any HOH nor any goodbye messages in this ep.  I understand the attempt to fully capitalize on the first vote in sometime, or maybe all this season, which brought out genuine issues and did grow some cracks in the alliances.  Yet and still, fie on BB for doing it.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Hellohappylife said:

t’s be revealed that Derek Screws up words because of his dyslexia

I don’t buy it. Dyslexia doesn’t mean you can’t speak. Derek F has said the exact same ”mistake” when voting for at least 4 times in a row now, “I sadly to evote.” It’s clear he is doing it on purpose for whatever reason, probably he wants it to become a thing like “Let’s go!” and “Pissed!”

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Did you all notice Christian mess up his words twice(!) this episode? First, while talking with Derex in restroom he said something along the lines of 'keeping me is good for my game' instead of 'keeping me is good for your game.' X corrected him.

Second time was with Julie. He told her that Alyssa told him that 'I'm her girly-girl' instead of 'she's my girly-girl."

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5

It’s be revealed that Derek Screws up words because of his dyslexia. 

Sorry, that doesn't wash. The law of averages dictates that he'd be able to say "evict" or "vote" at least once in the last several weeks. 

And the fact that he's dyslexic does not preclude that he's also a dumbass. The two things are not mutually exclusive.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Sorry, that doesn't wash. The law of averages dictates that he'd be able to say "evict" or "vote" at least once in the last several weeks. 

And the fact that he's dyslexic does not preclude that he's also a dumbass. The two things are not mutually exclusive.

Beat me to it.  They'll make a montage of them and show it at the reunion and play if off for laughs. 

12 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Did you all notice Christian mess up his words twice(!) this episode? First, while talking with Derex in restroom he said something along the lines of 'keeping me is good for my game' instead of 'keeping me is good for your game.' X corrected him.

Second time was with Julie. He told her that Alyssa told him that 'I'm her girly-girl' instead of 'she's my girly-girl."

Yes, he did it many times with Derex in fact!  And Derek just kind of looked at him stonily face not reacting.  Derek X. is so fun for me.

I am scared for Derek (apparently they call him Baby D?????). If X or Alyssa or SB wins HOH then what will happen to him....... oh boy.  (On the other hand, Alyssa always says she never wins anything and on the other other hand Xavier never really laid all his cards out so I don't know what he wanted exactly.....)

It was nice to see that Hannah did not want to get SB out, she put aside her differences to get rid of Christian instead.  I'm always heartened to see ride or die matchups like DerekX/Hannah and Kyland/SB.  It bothers me less than the Christian/Alyssa because Christian had to brag that they had to be together because "they looked good together", they used Xavier's bed and other nonsense. 

Can there be a competition that Derek F. would win please so I can watch the drama of him trying to go for Tiffany.  LOL would be fun.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Well Hannah certainly rocked those light blue short shorts in the recap from last episode. She's hot for sure. Don't know why Derek X isn't all over that. Don't know what his deal is.

I'm hoping it's because he's trying to maintain some sort of game intelligence and not get tied into a showmance. If they wanna get together, they have a lifetime once this game ends.  

• Love 4

Y’know, I was one of the few that actually liked Christian from the beginning; however, once he allowed himself to get thoroughly pussy whipped by the stick figure with no soul and got a serious case of HOHitis I was so over him!

What pissed me off last night was his pointing to Britni and going ‘You!  Go to the HOH room immediately!’  First of all, who in the bluedilly fuck talks to anyone like that?  I’m not crazy about Britni (though when wearing makeup and girl clothes, she’s quite stunning), but I loved, loved LOVED Derek F. (represent for Philly, big chops!) and Azah immediately getting up and going with her to meet with Tiffany.

(Voted twice for Derek X.!)

ETA:  Azah in that jumpsuit was FIYAH!  

Edited by Yogisbooboo64
  • Love 13

That look on Alyssa's face at the end...such a weird smile... "Wow, they're all paying attention to ME!"  "But--they're kindheartedly teasing me about the big romantic smooch I got from...what was his name again?...that I'm never going to see outside of BB-related functions ever again!"

• Love 6
11 hours ago, JayDub1987 said:

I'm hoping it's because he's trying to maintain some sort of game intelligence and not get tied into a showmance. If they wanna get together, they have a lifetime once this game ends.  

Ha thanks! You answer reminded me of a great scene in THE WONDER YEARS. The family is car shopping and the wife and kids are all  google eyes over a red mustang convertible the cars salesman is showing them but the father won't even look at it and wants to see a sedan or something that can hold a family and Kevin's voice over was lamenting that " of course Dad was going to be practical". Sounds like Derek is trying to as well.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I'm a little late, but one thing I don't get is Julie said that now they have all at least made jury-- but if I counted right, there are still 12 ( maybe 13 ?) people left. That means at least 10 people on the jury ? I thought it was usually 9 ? I must be wrong on the count or the usual number of jurors, I guess.

27 minutes ago, willco said:

I'm a little late, but one thing I don't get is Julie said that now they have all at least made jury-- but if I counted right, there are still 12 ( maybe 13 ?) people left. 

There are 11 people left: Tiffany, Ky, Deref, Azah, X, Hannah, Derex, Claire, Britini, Alyssa, and SB.

7 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

I liked seeing everyone go quiet and their eyes get big when Julie said "Maybe I have a twist about the Jury!" to them live.

This was my favourite part because you can tell that Christian knew he was gone before the vote was made and he suddenly got SO FUCKING HOPEFUL that he might be able to stay or come back in the house. It was like asking your dog if he wanted to go for a car ride. YESYESYESYES OMGOMGOMG... and then she immediately started telling him about the doings of the house when he walked out and I fucking cackled.

Chenbot: the troll hero of BB23.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

It's official.

This year's Big Brother winner will be someone different than the default: a woman, a POC, or both. Anybody left can win and make this a successful season in my eyes, because it proves the entire game hasn't been Derrick-ed and Cody-ed to death.

Roll on, jury!

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Eolivet said:

It's official.

This year's Big Brother winner will be someone different than the default: a woman, a POC, or both. Anybody left can win and make this a successful season in my eyes, because it proves the entire game hasn't been Derrick-ed and Cody-ed to death.

Roll on, jury!

That's fucking awesome!

• Love 3
On 8/14/2021 at 5:34 PM, peachmangosteen said:

There are 11 people left: Tiffany, Ky, Deref, Azah, X, Hannah, Derex, Claire, Britini, Alyssa, and SB.

Thanks, that makes more sense. I tried to count them as they were sitting around the couches but the camera kept moving. I thought I counted 13 which is what made it confusing. I should have just started with everyone and subtracted  the people who have left I guess.

So that should make the jury 9 people which prevents a tie.

2 hours ago, TOL said:

The lengthy shout-outs after voting to evict is getting on my damn nerves.  Enough

I keep my finger on the mute button or just mute the whole thing and read the CC. It drives me crazy, too !

• Love 1
On 8/15/2021 at 4:38 PM, TOL said:

The lengthy shout-outs after voting to evict is getting on my damn nerves.  Enough

What they need to do is start muting the microphones as soon as they're finished voting to evict so-and-so, and more importantly, don't tell the hamsters. They'll continue blathering their shout-outs uselessly, completely unaware that they are mute, a fact they wouldn't know until watching the season afterwards. Hopefully future wannabe-HouseGuests will take note, and maybe by 2024, future casts will have finally learned to stop doing shout-outs during eviction votes. But we can only hope.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3