Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

This is an episode thread.  It is not the place to discuss possible future casts. 

• Start Topic

Eboni takes Sonja to Philadelphia to meet a matchmaker. Leah hosts the ladies on an excursion to the witch capital of the world: Salem, Massachusetts. At Leah’s latex and leather dinner, the aftermath of the election leads Eboni to question some of the ladies’ allegiances.

Original air date 2021.07.06

NOTE:  You may discuss politics as stated on the show.  No personal politics or using the show as a jumping off point for larger political discussions. 

(edited)
6 minutes ago, snarts said:

Sonja's a philanthropist? I thought she just attended charity events for the food. 

Yes, I think she's more of a fill-and-thrust.

Edited by QQQQ
  • LOL 19
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, snarts said:

Sonja's a philanthropist? I thought she just attended charity events for the food. 

I think it's her family - the MORGAN family that she feels are philanthropic.  Surely not her PERSONALLY.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, goofygirl said:

I think it's her family - the MORGAN family that she feels are philanthropic.  Surely not her PERSONALLY.

I think not. Personally, she can’t even pay her “interns”

• LOL 11
  • Love 3

Doesn’t Eboni have a radio show or podcast on which she covers this same subject? Is she trying to gain listeners on those to increase her income from them? Is this tiresome bloviating her product placement like Beth’s Skinny Girl, Lu’s cabaret or Ramona’s pinot grigio?

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
(edited)

I think Eboni is drop dead gorgeous but I don't like her makeup in the talking heads. I don't know if it's the camera lighting or what but it's weird.

I can't get enough of Bershan's voice LOL.  I am not making fun of it it's just so unique and it perks up my ears.  She should do something in voice.  What does she do?  

Leah went too far, but Ramona IS kind of a moron.  Bershan looks so uncomfortable at the end of the episode and Leah looks all ...... TIGHT.  LOL.  She got herself pulled too tight.  And her I Dream of Jeannie hairstyle isn't helping.

Bershan is right, the conversation is going nowhere.  What does Eboni think is going to happen?  There's no point in bringing up politics with people in this way (with people who DON'T. WANT . TO SPEAK ABOUT IT.) It's pointless!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 21
16 minutes ago, snarts said:

Leah has a Chanel tattoo on her hand? Of course she does...

Weird reality show crossover to see Devyn from the MTV challenges. No idea she was a matchmaker. 

Also, hats on beds are bad luck? Who knew RHONY could be educational? 

According to my mother and grandmother, absolutely!!  Hats on beds, shoes on tables - both are really bad luck!  I could go on with the million other superstitions I grew up following (some common, some very obscure), but that would be way off topic!  

And, I'd like to know how much of her own money Sonja is putting into all those charities (which she didn't really name).  She picked a few general groups that have many different charity involvements, without specifically naming a single recognizable charity.  I agree with you - I think she may lend her name and face to something, for what it's worth, but attends the actual functions for the swag and food.*

*That is, once live charity events/fundraisers actual resume.

• Useful 3
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

It's not about the word garbling, for me.  If Ramona can't understand why someone would care about racism if they've been successful in life is moronic in my opinion.

That was a confusing scene to watch. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, ancslove said:

The problem is that Eboni won't clearly define her idea of a white supremacist.  Her message at the end was totally garbled, because on the one hand she says "A white supremacist is someone who voted for Trump" and yet in her next breath, she walks that back by bringing up her Trump-voting mother.  And she kept up that weird dance until the very end (of the episode).  It was a very simplistic, and yet totally garbled, definition of a really important term/concept.  She was asked point-blank "What do you mean by white supremacy?", and I thought she would jump at the chance to really expound on what white supremacy today looks like, and she whiffed it. 

Yes! That was what I was trying to say badly. She's clear about wanting to have the uncomfortable conversation, but when the conversation comes she's not good at it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Sonja, you are talking out of your ass.  Stop pretending you are a Morgan.  Why do you need an assistant?  To open your mail?  You are not important anymore and stop looking for a rich husband to support you.  Go get a job and start paying for your food instead of stuffing your mouth at every function.  Get out of LaLa land.

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, Feech said:

If only Ramona were more articulate.

Another kiss ass.  She speaks her mind, then goes and sits on Ebony’s lap and starts hugging her.  I wanted to throw up.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I agree!!  My mouth dropped open when I heard Eboni say that.  If she had used different words, maybe "white elitist", I wouldn't have been so offended.  That could have been a conversation that didn't go wrong.

Did she say they were white supremists? I thought she said "down with white supremecy" or something like that. Like what she was talking about in her talking head, that one has to be actively anti-racism, because otherwise you're supporting racism, if only passively.

But then, of course, it seems like she had her own past doing that. At least it seemed that way from what's been said on the show. So she's always talking in generalities that don't seem like they go anywhere even when it's one of the people agreeing with her.

• Love 8

Best line of the night was Luanne saying that Sonja works both sides of the coin.  That's been my take on Sonja for ages. Speaking of Sonja, what is with the even more daffy act and crazy laugh this season?  

It would have been nice if the group had split with Ramona, Luann, Bershan (Sonja included I guess because she would simply conform to them) going off and having a good time leaving Eboni to expound her platform with Leah who would agree to it all.  That way everybody could have been happy.

I give it one more episode before I bid farewell to The Toxic Leah and Lecturing Eboni Not-So-Goodtime Hour.  

• Love 21
(edited)

Based on the comments it would appear that I am not missing anything by no longer watching this season and also saving myself a frustration headache. Leah, her sister and Eboni need to go ASAP, (too bad that this season is already in the cans, paid for and edited so it will most likely continue on thru the reunion shows). Sounds like SonJa also need a little time out. 

Edited by mbaywife123
Tenses
  • Love 17

I’m still enjoying it...I would love to see Maya Rudolph parody Eboni, but I still don’t get all the hate coming towards her.  I don’t mind seeing Ramona uncomfortable at all.

I think Leah needs to see Dr. Dubrow because it looks like she has the uni-boob condition from Botched when she’s in the pink suit talking heads.

I don’t watch The Challenge and quit Real World after the early seasons, but I’ve definitely seen Devyn somewhere else.

• Love 12