Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

This is an episode thread.  It is not the place to discuss possible future casts. 

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

I can’t bear to go back and watch again to check, but does Leah actually eat ass? I thought she just expected men to eat her ass. I’m not sure how giving she is and it would be just like Leah to think her own ass (shit) doesn’t stink. 

Haha! I don’t know for sure, but I think she’s down for anything. 😁

• LOL 5
4 hours ago, Marley said:

I hate this show now. It sucks so bad. Leah and Eboni have completely ruined this show. I wish they both would just shut the fuck up.

Who made Leah the boss of every trip and every convo. 

I could barely watch this shit episode.

In order to stop watching this show we all may have to attend a Housewives Anonymous meeting every Wednesday night. Quitting is hard but we all agree watching Leah and Eboni will make it easier to quit but support will still be needed...who is ready to earn their first chip?

5 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Leah looks like she’s wearing a false frontage! It looks like she has a plastic chest!
Under boob cleavage (if that’s what you call it!) but no top cleavage? Weird.

CCE73899-3F32-4FDE-A14E-7FDAF1F95DF4.jpeg

That is what I said!! It is like they are fused together at the top.  I wonder if she has ever seen a pair of boobs to know that isn't right...or has her doctor ever seen a pair?  I find myself staring at them during every TH, I cannot look away.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

I don't know if it's an age thing, but presumably Eboni wasn't saying they were white supremicists (meaning they're in the KKK, skinheads whatever), but that they support the systems in place in the US that protect white supremecy. Maybe something more like the moderate liberals who are more devoted to order (or something else) than justice. 

Exactly! 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

In order to stop watching this show we all may have to attend a Housewives Anonymous meeting every Wednesday night. Quitting is hard but we all agree watching Leah and Eboni will make it easier to quit but support will still be needed...who is ready to earn their first chip?

That is what I said!! It is like they are fused together at the top.  I wonder if she has ever seen a pair of boobs to know that isn't right...or has her doctor ever seen a pair?  I find myself staring at them during every TH, I cannot look away.

Another thing while we’re at it .. for a woman, black or white, getting down on the floor on all fours and gyrating like she’s having sex is disgusting.  What’s it called twerking?  Freakin disgusting.  Is that supposed to be funny?  And they all were laughing.  What’s this world coming to?  Is no one a lady anymore?

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
(edited)
13 hours ago, Feech said:

Eboni would say it was because of white privilege.

That definitely wouldn’t work on me as I am not white.
Newsflash Ebony, nobody likes a know it all preacher. We can have fun and enjoy escapism too. Give us a break from the struggle and go back on shows where there are actual soapboxes. I suspect that’s why she dislikes Bershawn who knows how to have fun with just about anyone and doesn’t constantly appoint herself as a representative. I know more about Bershawn and am intrigued about her life in 2 episodes and know nothing about Ebony for 9 episodes except that she likes to hammer her talking points to death. I agree with those points at times but I have had enough. What else is there sis?

As Sonja has gassed her up while agreeing with others on this (as a true snake), I will use her phrase-Return to Sender, please! 

Edited by Rambunctiouscurls
  • Love 15
8 hours ago, Marley said:

I hate this show now. It sucks so bad. Leah and Eboni have completely ruined this show. I wish they both would just shut the fuck up.

Who made Leah the boss of every trip and every convo. 

I could barely watch this shit episode.

You are not alone.

D6CEDB4B-2B8F-45A4-81D5-61BBC0D6DD4B.thumb.jpeg.09656dead1a856ed3901007dbaafaa01.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
38 minutes ago, izabella said:

On a show where a pantiless Sonja rolls around on her back on a dance floor and needs Lu to be her Snatch Guard, Bethanny shrieks "whore!" at Lu, Bethanny spreads her legs and yells as Ramona to "mention it all!" about her, um, movie career, Aviva takes off her leg and slams it on the table, and Ramona and her dog shit all over the floors everywhere they go, expecting lady like behavior is futile.

What about Bethenny asking Red Scarf guy if he wanted a Bj across the floor?  That’s Bravo for ya.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
46 minutes ago, Mar said:

You are not alone.

D6CEDB4B-2B8F-45A4-81D5-61BBC0D6DD4B.thumb.jpeg.09656dead1a856ed3901007dbaafaa01.jpeg

Haha, now's our chance! No Leah for starters. Find a somewhat "normal" woman to join the cast who can have our viewpoint as WTF-was-that viewers. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Haha! I don’t know for sure, but I think she’s down for anything. 😁

And she'll tell you about it at a dinner party.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

I am 65 and just don't know how to act anymore. On the one hand there is the me too movement where men are not allowed to do or say anything sexual to women and then we have Leah at the dinner table saying only real men eat ass.  Is it just me or does anyone else see a disconnect here?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, MsMalin said:

I am 65 and just don't know how to act anymore. On the one hand there is the me too movement where men are not allowed to do or say anything sexual to women and then we have Leah at the dinner table saying only real men eat ass.  Is it just me or does anyone else see a disconnect here?

I would not use Leah's measurement as to what makes a man a real man I mean the ass eating...is that something that is on everyone's must have list?  I think Leah has a skewed view of most things so this is just one of them.  

• Love 14
21 hours ago, mwell345 said:

And same here.  If all I’m missing is a lecture, I’ll continue to pass.  But where oh where is Bethenny when you need her?

She's out lecturing people on Shark Tank.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
On 7/7/2021 at 4:33 PM, Avaleigh said:

I haven't entirely discounted the idea that producers are part of the reason for why the show has gone in this direction. As this season has gone on, I'm curious if Eboni has walked back any of what she's said via social media or other interviews or if she's just doubling down on some of the more controversial stuff she's put out there this season.

I wonder if she likes what she sees in terms of the editing or if she's surprised by how heavy handed she's been with the race related conversations now that she's seeing it play out onscreen. This episode had to have made her cringe on some level, right?

That would require some introspection, self-awareness, and insight on Eboni's part.  I get the sense she's lacking in all of these aspects.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Feech said:

There only way to hope to recover the audience is to get rid of Leah and Eboni.

Someone who brings diversity but not division.

Eboni doesn't bring division. Everyone seems to agree she's preachy and boring.

36 minutes ago, MsMalin said:

The Me Too movement does not at all make men not allowed to say or do anything sexual to women.

• Love 12

Folks,

If you want to discuss things outside of the show, please take it to Small Talk (for example, the Me Too movement).  I know the episode was boring, but that doesn't open the flood gates to all topics. 

Also, there is a shiny new thread in which you can discuss the cast you would like to see on the next season (It's too late for this season 😿 ). Head over to RHONY Dream Team to put together the cast that you would like to see. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I stand by personal feelings about what the meaning of the term white supremacy is to me and my visceral reaction to that term,

I respect your prospective but I think we have different interpretations of what white supremacy means to us personally.

But its IMPORTANT TO RESPECT not what you feel White Supremacy is to YOU but what in Reality it is to A Person of Color is far different. Eboni isn't explaining it the best way to understand but White Supremacy is alive and well in all kinds of ways. I am not a Transgendered person but nor will I dismiss when a Transgendered person tells me how something is and affects their life. 

6 hours ago, izabella said:

On a show where a pantiless Sonja rolls around on her back on a dance floor and needs Lu to be her Snatch Guard, Bethanny shrieks "whore!" at Lu, Bethanny spreads her legs and yells as Ramona to "mention it all!" about her, um, movie career, Aviva takes off her leg and slams it on the table, and Ramona and her dog shit all over the floors everywhere they go, expecting lady like behavior is futile.

this says so MUCH. Right. Here. 

• Love 14
Just now, Hangin Out said:
5 hours ago, MsMalin said:

I’m older than you and I agree.  I have married and single friends for many years, and we never talk that way at all.  My husband watches at times with me and is totally embarrassed.  Things have gone too far.  That ass thing was too much for tv.  

• Love 13
3 hours ago, lamujerdecente said:

But its IMPORTANT TO RESPECT not what you feel White Supremacy is to YOU but what in Reality it is to A Person of Color is far different. Eboni isn't explaining it the best way to understand but White Supremacy is alive and well in all kinds of ways. I am not a Transgendered person but nor will I dismiss when a Transgendered person tells me how something is and affects their life. 

I agree.  Just because I learned a definition one way does not mean that I, a 63-year-old white woman, cannot learn what it means now or has been expanded to mean.  I am trying.  The same can be said for all the new terms regarding transgender, etc., as you mentioned, @lamujerdecente.  Thank you.

• Love 15

Leah is jockeying for "most politically correct, socially acceptable" howife against Eboni. If she tried any harder, she'd become lovers with Eb. She is just annoying, screechy & tacky.  If Eboni wants to be taken seriously at all, she would distance herself from someone like Leah who is actually damage to her brand. Leah is everything that's wrong in the world. I'm sure if they weren't on her payroll, there are high school admissions coaches that would confirm that.2

• Love 12
13 hours ago, lamujerdecente said:

At the same time the position of the OTHER person is equally important and should not be dismissed.  If everyone respected EVERYONE'S opinion we would be in a much better place.  I am sure I will be called a racist for this - and I am multi racial but then I will be told that you don't have to be white to be a white supremicist.

The problem is that it has become an all or nothing discussion which shuts down the LISTENING part.

13 hours ago, lamujerdecente said:

At the same time the position of the OTHER person is equally important and should not be dismissed.  If everyone respected EVERYONE'S opinion we would be in a much better place.  I am sure I will be called a racist for this - and I am multi racial but then I will be told that you don't have to be white to be a white supremicist.

The problem is that it has become an all or nothing discussion which shuts down the LISTENING part.

• Love 12

Eboni doesn't bring division. Everyone seems to agree she's preachy and boring.

Exactly.

Except one side does suffer due to White Supremacy, the other does not. The onus is on the people benefiting from WS to understand why it is an issue to begin with.

• Love 10

Initially, I thought Eboni was doing too much by mentioning race on every episode, however, I have a different take now.  I think Eboni was on a mission to force difficult and uncomfortable racial conversations on a large platform.  I don't think she has any true intention of being more than a one and done.  No one has shaken the table on Housewives more than her, IMO.  Instead of talking around race, she is being straight forward and saying what people are hesitant to say.  I know it's not the show we are used to or that most of the viewers probably want to watch, but that should be taken up with the producers.  Hopefully they are able to get past this friction so we can see some fun.  Eboni wants to know if these women are republican due to what she considers the white supremacy aspect of trump's presidency or if there are policy/financial reasons so she can decide how to deal with them.  I don't know if there is an easy way to figure it out.

Leah was so rude and disrespectful to Ramona.  I don't think Leah is a fit for this show.  Ramona is old enough to be her mother.  I was always taught to respect elders, but aside from that, Leah shouldn't speak to anyone that way.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

Leah is jockeying for "most politically correct, socially acceptable" howife against Eboni. If she tried any harder, she'd become lovers with Eb. She is just annoying, screechy & tacky.  If Eboni wants to be taken seriously at all, she would distance herself from someone like Leah who is actually damage to her brand. Leah is everything that's wrong in the world. I'm sure if they weren't on her payroll, there are high school admissions coaches that would confirm that.2

1000x this.

• Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

Eboni wants to know if these women are republican due to what she considers the white supremacy aspect of trump's presidency or if there are policy/financial reasons so she can decide how to deal with them. 

Isn't that stereotyping a certain type of white person?  

Seems like it to me.

ETA:  I'm not watching this show anymore and only read these threads to confirm my decision.  Perhaps I missed the nuance but Ebony didn't seem to have much when I was watching.

Edited by albarino
Added comment.
  • Love 8
57 minutes ago, albarino said:

Isn't that stereotyping a certain type of white person?  

Eboni’s business is stereotyping and denigrating people because they are white. It is her business model.

She is a cable TV personality whose whole persona is one note in the same way that Sean Hannity or Keith Olbermann strike  a one note of conservatism or liberalism. It’s all they have to offer. Anti-white critical race theory is all she has to offer.

What she is not is a Real Housewive as her destructive effect on this franchise will attest.

Perhaps she can change but she has a long way to go to rise to the level of a Danielle Staub or a Kim Zolciak.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 7/9/2021 at 1:13 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

I would not use Leah's measurement as to what makes a man a real man I mean the ass eating...is that something that is on everyone's must have list?  I think Leah has a skewed view of most things so this is just one of them.  

Searously, I think Leah is full of shit about all her escapades.  She wants to be referred to as woke from downtown.  

• Love 6
On 7/9/2021 at 8:06 AM, Mar said:

You are not alone.

This season has definitely lost my viewership, not that I think they care.  

Between Eboni haranguing these women and practically demanding they prove to her that they are not racist and Leah's faux "woke" bullshit, I'm just done.  

I'd rather count the grains of rice in a 10-pound bag than deal with either one of these heifers.  

I'll still read here, though, because you posters are best...and anything any of you type is far more interesting than anything either Eboni or Leah actually say.  

Buh-bye, NYC.  

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Between Eboni haranguing these women and practically demanding they prove to her that they are not racist and Leah's faux "woke" bullshit, I'm just done.  

What does she want them to say, something like they all had a black friend once?  Eboni is insufferable at this point and is stopping the regular flow of the women screaming at each other about sharing the same men in the very shallow dating pool and listening to Lu sing happy birthday to someone.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

What does she want them to say, something like they all had a black friend once?  Eboni is insufferable at this point and is stopping the regular flow of the women screaming at each other about sharing the same men in the very shallow dating pool and listening to Lu sing happy birthday to someone.

I'm surprised Eboni hasn't demanded to see the genealogy for each of the women so she can parse it for potential racists.  

Well, except "woke" Leah.  She'd give her a pass because...who the fuck knows?  

I'd rather spend 45 minutes watching Ramona have a heart-to-heart with Coco than listen to Eboni or Leah, and I don't even like Ramona 😂

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 7/9/2021 at 5:42 PM, lamujerdecente said:

You misunderstood my point altogether. 
Because I have a problem with terminology does not mean I don’t respect others and the struggles they have been through. My problem was with the terminology not the experiences.

My husband and his grandparents lost family during the Holocaust. Words and terms evolve over time, but for me, personally, some terms should remain in history where they belong and have the most meaning. Nazi and White Supremacy are two for me.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Love 11

Ebony loves to preach, but what is she actually doing to help? Is she involved in helping at risk youth, women and families? What charities and groups does she support? You don't wake people with a history lesson at dinner in a fancy restaurant, you bore them. We've heard how hard it was for ebony to get where she is in a very generalized way, but she's shared no specific incidences. Maybe the women could understand better if eboni opened up about her personal experiences. Example... I'll never subject my daughter-in-law to visiting my (small, all white, mostly racist) hometown because its dangerous for her. She could ignore the name calling by the locals and the looks from prejudiced relatives, but there is an actual threat that some townie might hurt her simply because she's black. The look on her face when I explained this was a real woke moment for me. She is a kind, smart, fun, hard working girl that I love....and the thought that someone would hate her at 1st sight sickens me. I can no longer give a pass to relatives because they were raised that way, are from a different generation, etc. I had to flush them away, as one does with shit.

• Love 11
(edited)
21 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

You misunderstood my point altogether. 
Because I have a problem with terminology does not mean I don’t respect others and the struggles they have been through. My problem was with the terminology not the experiences.

My husband and his grandparents lost family during the Holocaust. Words and terms evolve over time, but for me, personally, some terms should remain in history where they belong and have the most meaning. Nazi and White Supremacy are two for me.

America's Racial Structure was the model for the Nazi Movement in fact they thought the one drop rule was too harsh. My daughter descends from Slaves in this very country, even today through all that has changed, she still can be shot dead in the street like an animal, well not an animal, excuse me, I feel sometimes folks care more about animals than BIPOc humans. The women in my family was experimented and the birth control pill was tested on them in Puerto Rico, what has been done to BIPOC folks in this country has never been atoned, Period. BIPOC folks can invoke it all they want. Just like Jewish folks can invoke Nazi germany when they feel their past is near or they feel threatened AND when they do rarely does anyone dismiss their pain  but here in America, the pain of BIPOC is dismissed all day, so white comfort can remain. 

Edited by lamujerdecente
  • Love 6

How many episodes are we up to now with this show? I don't like that one person namely Eboni is allowed to dominate the conversation each and every week. She has taken over the show for her platform. This is supposed to be an ensemble cast not a one woman show. It would be different if she had her conversations one on one like she did with Ramona over the use of the word help. But it seems like every time the cast is gathered for an event she starts holding forth dominating that conversation and demanding that everyone listen to her. Same song different verse week after week. It appears that Sonja has gotten the message whether true or not  that the way for her to survive as a housewife on this show is to flatter and kiss up to Eboni and Leah. Throw Ramona and Lu under the bus by all means.  And I thought that the trip to Salem would be the housewives seeing historical sites and the local culture of New England especially in the fall. But no we are treated to black leather and tattoo parlors, drunk Sonja, screaming Leah and professor Eboni and grown ass women acting like fools.  

• Love 15
(edited)

That's true. But when they go to other places not necessarily accustomed to their sense of fun you would think just maybe they would rein themselves in and not  act like fools   

Edited by 65mickey
  • Love 2
On 7/8/2021 at 7:20 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Well we all know Leah went after Michael Che and when he didn't show interest she told everyone that he's rude and an asshole.  LOL

I don't know about Leah and Michael Che.  What happened?

• Love 2
Just now, hoodooznoodooz said:

You can read about it in Leah’s thread. Page 1.

Or on the wall of the ladies locker room at the Russian Steam bath on Canal Street.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

I’m sure Leah and Eboni would be flattered that there are those who think they’ve “ruined” the show, that they’re just that important. 

I don’t understand the wish for this to be an “escape” from reality when the whole idea is to show us their, er, real lives. Are fake lives preferable?

The election was real and up for discussion. Period, done, to quote Dorinda - who I bet would have been passionate like Eboni. Carole, too. Those two would have spoken intelligently about their feelings. Instead Ramona was front and center with it, and spazzed out as usual, because she doesn’t “want to be educated.” Says a lot about her, not Eboni. 

If one really needs to see turtle time or leg-throwing or greasy John-esque boyfriends, there are previous seasons of the show to relive, aren’t there?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, chewycandy said:

I’m sure Leah and Eboni would be flattered that there are those who think they’ve “ruined” the show, that they’re just that important. 

I don’t understand the wish for this to be an “escape” from reality when the whole idea is to show us their, er, real lives. Are fake lives preferable?

The election was real and up for discussion. Period, done, to quote Dorinda - who I bet would have been passionate like Eboni. Carole, too. Those two would have spoken intelligently about their feelings. Instead Ramona was front and center with it, and spazzed out as usual, because she doesn’t “want to be educated.” Says a lot about her, not Eboni. 

If one really needs to see turtle time or leg-throwing or greasy John-esque boyfriends, there are previous seasons of the show to relive, aren’t there?

To be fair, I remember a few seasons ago, people were annoyed when Carole was very focused on politics, too. (Or maybe just annoyed with Carole in general?😆)

imo if they had a couple more housewives, there would be more going on, and maybe it wouldn't seem so focused? Eboni can't help that Bravo has only shown that part of her life.

Leah is just plain a pain in the butt to me. There's nothing about her I'm enjoying. I want to put her in time-out every time she opens her mouth.(and omg those BOOBS every time I open this page 😂)

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

This episode was about going to Salem And doing witchy things. It had nothing to politics or racial issues. It is understandable if the evil Eboni talked about politics at an Election Day party or even an lecture filled downer in Harlem. But there is no reason to bring it up on this trip except to cause divisive rifts in the group.

That is why 300,000 people have tuned out with more to follow.

• Love 7