Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

This is an episode thread.  It is not the place to discuss possible future casts. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

To be fair, I remember a few seasons ago, people were annoyed when Carole was very focused on politics, too. (Or maybe just annoyed with Carole in general?😆)

imo if they had a couple more housewives, there would be more going on, and maybe it wouldn't seem so focused? Eboni can't help that Bravo has only shown that part of her life.

True, add a couple more HWs next season and the bitching about Eboleah will probably cease. 

With Carole, it was what interested and was important to her, she included the others, I saw nothing wrong with that. The insistence that politics and race don’t belong on a show set in NYC is, to say the least, confusing. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, chewycandy said:

True, add a couple more HWs next season and the bitching about Eboleah will probably cease. 

With Carole, it was what interested and was important to her, she included the others, I saw nothing wrong with that. The insistence that politics and race don’t belong on a show set in NYC is, to say the least, confusing. 

Exactly!

Plus the election just happened in show time, so of course it would be front and center. I don't remember so much, idk upset? irritation? when Porsha was shown participating in the protests and talking about stuff. Shrug. I wonder why it's such a button for NY? I'm thinking it's the way it's being presented.

eta: sorry, but I will forever  bitch about Leah! 😆 

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
  • Love 6

With Carole it was maybe 2 shows that she spoke about politics. One when she and her mother canvassed neighborhoods for Clinton and then her election party. Then it was over. And Maybe I'm wrong but she never browbeat the other housewives with her political views. Eboni has been holding forth with her opinions and attempts to educate the housewives on race for 8 episodes.  If it hasn't happend by now give it a rest. You have lost your audience.  

• Love 10
(edited)
16 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Didn't Carole also do the Wall St 1%er march? I remember her talking about that, reminding the ladies that they were all in the 1%, etc.

No she sat at an outdoor table eating brunch next to Occupy Wall Street and laughed with her friend wondering if they were the 1%. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6

She went to the occupy Wall St. march but I think she just stood around on a corner and talked to someone. It was nothing that had her preaching to the entire cast for episode after episode. She did not dominate the show that way that Eboni is attempting to. If you have to keep bringing up the same thing every time you are around the same group of people you are not being effective. 

• Love 5
(edited)
On 7/9/2021 at 11:06 AM, Mar said:

You are not alone.

D6CEDB4B-2B8F-45A4-81D5-61BBC0D6DD4B.thumb.jpeg.09656dead1a856ed3901007dbaafaa01.jpeg

Just keep Luanne and Ramona.  Bring back Dorinda( if she’s clean, and some newbies not woke.  Start from there.  How about Kelly Dodd ?  Switch the blonde from the OC who transplanted from Long Island, Gina Kirchenheiter or whatever her name is.

Edited by Hangin Out
  • Love 1
On 7/9/2021 at 12:05 AM, CrinkleCutCat said:

Leah looks like she’s wearing a false frontage! It looks like she has a plastic chest!
Under boob cleavage (if that’s what you call it!) but no top cleavage? Weird.

CCE73899-3F32-4FDE-A14E-7FDAF1F95DF4.jpeg

Was she in The Wrath of Kahn ?

• LOL 5
33 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

Why does Ramona keep asking the hotelier if room service is included?  I love room service but it’s never been included.  Maybe they do that when it’s on Bravo’s dollar.

I thought the samething. Why was she asking if room service was extra? Isn't it always? Bravo was probably paying for the rooms and the meals in restaurants and Ramona didn't want to pay for room service.  Usually this would come from Sonja. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

It’s like Eboni only accepts the women’s behavior/speech if they act how or say what she deems acceptable.  They seem fearful to say the wrong thing (Leah said this herself) and it’s changing their personalities which also is plunging this franchise into the toilet.  

Maybe they  should just give Leah and Buzzkill their own show and see how it does but keep Moaner and add Bershan to RHONY.

• Love 7
23 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Why does Ramona keep asking the hotelier if room service is included?  I love room service but it’s never been included.  Maybe they do that when it’s on Bravo’s dollar.

Room service was closed down in hotels during Covid-19.   I think she was wondering more if she could even get room service.  

• Useful 7
On 7/13/2021 at 8:39 PM, Emmeline said:

I wonder if it was to sneak food up to Coco in her room? Maybe she did sneak Coco in, and had her in the bathroom. I could see her sneaking her on the trip because she was worried about her and didn't want to leave her; Remember a few episodes ago when Sonja thought she was dead?

• Love 2
7 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I wonder if it was to sneak food up to Coco in her room? Maybe she did sneak Coco in, and had her in the bathroom. I could see her sneaking her on the trip because she was worried about her and didn't want to leave her; Remember a few episodes ago when Sonja thought she was dead?

Ramona is an entitled jackass who wouldn’t “sneak” Coco anywhere she wanted to take her, she would just do it. 

• Love 2

I am astounded that Ramona apparently cannot control her bowels, and that she has done nothing about it. And doesn't seem to care if it's shown on TV. AND THAT SHE DOESN'T CLEAN UP AFTER HERSELF. This is the ultimate entitlement. What the Hell?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I used to watch this show all the time but got away from it.  Being from Salem, MA I decided to watch this episode.  Except for the scenes in Salem, what a disappointment!  I watch TV for fun and to get away from politics. I can make my own decisions so Ebony and her preaching totally turned me OFF! Won’t watch it again. When will TV producers catch on??

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, Feline Goddess said:

Either LuAnn had her Chanel earrings reversed or there's a new name brand ... NEL-CHA. Super tacky regardless. 

Luann didn’t know there would be spelling.

• LOL 8
On 7/13/2021 at 9:05 PM, JonnieUniteUs said:

Was she in The Wrath of Kahn ?

It looks like it would hurt.

On 7/14/2021 at 8:04 PM, Lemons said:

Room service was closed down in hotels during Covid-19.   I think she was wondering more if she could even get room service.  

Did Ramona unpack by herself!!!???!!! I think that is a first for her on a HW trip.

Unpacking her own crap! LOL.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Feline Goddess said:

Either LuAnn had her Chanel earrings reversed or there's a new name brand ... NEL-CHA. Super tacky regardless. 

I just realized that she probably put them on looking in the mirror and it didn’t register that she was looking at a reverse image of herself. What’s even more troubling is no one else noticed or said anything 😳

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
On 7/13/2021 at 6:54 PM, Hangin Out said:

Just keep Luanne and Ramona.  Bring back Dorinda( if she’s clean, and some newbies not woke.  Start from there.  How about Kelly Dodd ?  Switch the blonde from the OC who transplanted from Long Island, Gina Kirchenheiter or whatever her name is.

Yes!  Keep Ramona And Luanne and add Dorinda and Kelly Dodd!  And also add Leahs boxing coach as a housewife but NO Leah.   

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

Yes!  Keep Ramona And Luanne and add Dorinda and Kelly Dodd!  And also add Leahs boxing coach as a housewife but NO Leah.   

Kelly Dodd? Has she moved to NYC? Last I heard, she and Rick were still on the west coast.

6 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Kelly Dodd? Has she moved to NYC? Last I heard, she and Rick were still on the west coast.

I don’t think they’ve moved but I like Hangin Outs suggestion of adding Kelly to RHONY.  But I think she was fired for something so she is likely persona non grata right now.

• Love 1
On 7/8/2021 at 11:34 AM, WhatAmIWatching said:

...taught certain things way back when, and had to unlearn/replace them as the world has evolved.  I meant to separate the Sutton/Crystal thing from my own experience of initially not knowing what the 'align with white supremacy' phrase meant, and taking a sec to learn Eboni wasn't calling the others white supremacists.

On 7/9/2021 at 5:42 PM, lamujerdecente said:

But its IMPORTANT TO RESPECT not what you feel White Supremacy is to YOU but what in Reality it is to A Person of Color is far different. Eboni isn't explaining it the best way to understand but White Supremacy is alive and well in all kinds of ways. I am not a Transgendered person but nor will I dismiss when a Transgendered person tells me how something is and affects their life. 

this says so MUCH. Right. Here. 

On 7/10/2021 at 8:06 AM, Hiyo said:

Except one side does suffer due to White Supremacy, the other does not. The onus is on the people benefiting from WS to understand why it is an issue to begin with.

Quoted the above three posts because I think they sort of support my theory that Eboni maybe would have been more successful in her discussions with the ladies if she came at it from a "color blind" vs. "color brave" perspective (which I think is what Crystal was hinting at, before she was told by Sutton that she was not allowed to continue that discussion...).  While the goal in the past might have been to have people not see color (i.e., be color blind), it ignores the very real discrimination, harassment, etc. that people of color may experience.  Put another way, Lu Ann acted like a complete fool when she was arrested -- can she appreciate that a situation with a person of color acting that way might have a very different outcome?  And, if Lu Ann can appreciate that, is she willing to engage in honest and meaningful dialogues about race and racial issues (i.e., be color brave)?  To that end, I think the Harlem dinner might have been more successful if Eboni's focus had been more on experiencing another culture and less about lecturing on it.

17 hours ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

Two weeeeeks!

OMG -- my husband and I use this all the time!

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I kind of blame Covid for the boringness of this season. These ladies can’t really interact with anyone outside their bubble so even when they go to cool venues like Salem, it’s still just them. NJ was kind of boring because of that too, but at least those ladies had husbands and families and it made it a little more interesting  

I’m still ok with Eboni even if she can be a little one note.  I will take an entire season of Eboni’s preaching over Bethany’s hysterics and Dorinda’s out and out viciousness.

Leah on the other hand, she can go anytime. And it seriously looks like she is wearing a boob mold or like her boobs are fused together in that one th.  It’s distracting, and not in the way she’s probably hoping.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4