Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E18: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

The Parsifal III crews sits down with Host Andy Cohen for Below Deck Sailing Yacht Reunion Part Two. Gary explains his feelings for Alli, Sydney tells Alli why she hasn’t reached out to apologize and Dani makes a stunning reveal. 

Airdate: 06.22.2021

Did anyone see the interview with JL after the reunion?  Just me?  Because I thought it was kind of infuriating in that he keeps saying that of course he wants to be part of "the child's" life (never actually saying "her" even though the sex is known) "if he's the father."  But from the timeline, unless Danni was sneaking off with someone else on the boat with cameras everywhere, he has to be the father.  As she said in the reunion.  But he keeps asking for a DNA test as if it's hypothetical.  Once the baby is born that can be done soon, but to do it beforehand would be invasive and Danni probably didn't want that.  He kind of disgusts me to be honest.  She and their daughter are probably better off without him (although he should at least have to pay his share of child support, but I don't know how that works, legally, in international relationships).

• Love 20
(edited)

After the whole speech by JL at the end, I was surprised to see that the baby has been born and they still haven't spoken.

Here's my take:  the guy is immature and also a 25yo (whose brain is finally fully formed around this time) and he doesn't know how to deal with it. I think the geographical distance makes this even more challenging.  I think he does not want it to be his, and this is coming out by insisting on a DNA test, but then not being willing to do it, making excuses, and not contacting her.  Basically his actions are revealing his true feelings (actions always speak louder than words IMO, unless the words and actions match).  

I think its fair that he doesn't want to be a father with a child on the other side of the world at his age ..... but he is a fool for not using protection.

I also question Dani on not using protection - also a very foolish move if you had so many doubts about the relationship. May have been a subconscious decision on her part that she doesn't want to admit even to herself let alone anyone else.

They both played with fire and now they're living with the results.  Fortunately for her Australia has better healthcare and things, so it should be somewhat easier to be a single parent there than in the US.

I'd like to think that once JL gets his head out of his ass, he will eventually step up and find a way to be in his child's life and if nothing else provide some child support to Dani.

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 18
4 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I think Dani planned the pregnancy.

I highly doubt she "planned" it, but I also figure she wasn't worried either way about pregnancy. If JL didn't want kids, he should have worn protection.

• Love 24
(edited)
2 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

I think he does not want it to be his, and this is coming out by insisting on a DNA test, but then not being willing to do it, making excuses, and not contacting her. 

This infuriated me the most about JL - his outdated response to a woman coming to him about their 'expecting' a child.  She stated at the beginning that she got pregnant while working on the boat. Is JL going to share with us which crew member got her pregnant... Alli?

4 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Dani vs. JL.  Somebody is lying.  I'm really not invested enough to care.  Whatever.

What "lying" did you hear? Or are you referring to JL's insistence that he'll be involved in the little girl's life?

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

After the whole speech by JL at the end, I was surprised to see that the baby has been born and they still haven't spoken.

Here's my take:  the guy is immature and also a 25yo (whose brain is finally fully formed around this time) and he doesn't know how to deal with it. I think the geographical distance makes this even more challenging.  I think he does not want it to be his, and this is coming out by insisting on a DNA test, but then not being willing to do it, making excuses, and not contacting her.  Basically his actions are revealing his true feelings (actions always speak louder than words IMO, unless the words and actions match).  

I think its fair that he doesn't want to be a father with a child on the other side of the world at his age ..... but he is a fool for not using protection.

I also question Dani on not using protection - also a very foolish move if you had so many doubts about the relationship. May have been a subconscious decision on her part that she doesn't want to admit even to herself let alone anyone else.

They both played with fire and now they're living with the results.  Fortunately for her Australia has better healthcare and things, so it should be somewhat easier to be a single parent there than in the US.

I'd like to think that once JL gets his head out of his ass, he will eventually step up and find a way to be in his child's life and if nothing else provide some child support to Dani.

Was it confirmed that no protection was used?

Do we know if Dani is a citizen of Australia or just there with a work visa?  Surely that would determine if she receives their free healthcare. I don’t remember if this was mentioned. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

JL said that one of the things his Mom told him was to always use protection, and he said he hadn’t been good about that.  Hence the worry about the STD and Dani’s concern that she caught the “STD” from him.  They are both fools.

• Love 15
(edited)

I didn't watch much of the season, but I think I saw commercials or something with Dani saying "I want to start a family" and "Let's make babies." She's an idiot for having unprotected sex with a 24-year-old whose residence is so far from hers.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 14

I was surprised with Sydney's behavior during the reunion. She looked miserable and almost a little scared, as if she knew she was going to be roasted. She admitted that she knew that it was a one-night stand with Gary and took full responsibility for her horrible behavior toward Alli. She also said she was working on herself after seeing the show. Of course, the question is, has she really let go of her delusions or was the reunion just one more manipulative act of hers?

• Useful 3
  • Love 12

So Daisy & Sydney are on the same boat in Spain and Sydney is dating the Captain?  But not Glenn, who is on a different boat in Spain?

JL & Dani are both idiots for having unprotected sex.  However, JL's actions since are the most suspect.  As others mentioned, his words don't align with his actions. There are DNA paternity tests available by mail, he's using Australia's COVID lockdown as a excuse. He skipped the reunion to avoid taking responsibility.  None of that is unexpected, he's immature and likely not enthused about this responsibility.  I get that.  His mistake was going on social media playing the victim.  Not to mention his Mother's defense of blaming Dani for using her innocent son.  Just bad form. He deserves the slack he's getting.

Happy Alli's pregnant, hope that means we don't have to see her again.

Would love for Daisy to return, her drunk faces were a reunion highlight.  I actually wouldn't mid if Gary came back, it would be interesting to see if he learned anything from this experience. I mean, Sydney obviously hasn't (see above).

• Love 23
10 minutes ago, snarts said:

Happy Alli's pregnant, hope that means we don't have to see her again.

Would love for Daisy to return, her drunk faces were a reunion highlight.  I actually wouldn't mid if Gary came back, it would be interesting to see if he learned anything from this experience. I mean, Sydney obviously hasn't (see above).

LOL!  Too funny!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

I'm just curious of what kind of low budget charter couldn't spare a lame deckhand for one night to film the reunion. If that's what actually happened?

One who's lame deckhand doesn't want to be confronted by his former co-workers.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 12
(edited)

I had to snort at Gary's relief that another dude was in the hot seat. He relished criticizing JL.

I am not sure that Sydney knows how to smile, based on her demeanor.

She was very whipped-dog.

Alli's appearance/styling was bizarre. And did she put any thought into instantly getting pregnant with the new boyfriend? It felt very random.

Daisy and Colin are the only ones who seem to be focused and have purpose.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, TeeMo said:

Dani said “let’s have sex tonight and if I get pregnant it’s God’s will.”

Let me state that overall I am NOT on JL’s side in this matter. Dude needs to step up and take that paternity test ASAP.  BUT the fact that Dani said such a stupid bizarre statement that night does plant the seed of doubt in me that POSSIBLY she knew she was pregnant at the start of the charter and was looking for a suitable Daddy. It’s unlikely, but I can’t blame JL for requesting the test. 
His behavior in not insisting on it immediately is suspect thought,  and if that baby is his and he doesn’t step up, then he 💯% will be the a-hole in this situation.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

I had to snort at Gary's relief that another dude was in the hot seat. He relished criticizing JL.

That reminds me my favorite Glenn moment:  when the topic of the crash into the dock was brought up, he said something like "I think we need to talk about the pitas some more" and everyone else (including Natalie) was laughing for minutes. 😄

• LOL 8
  • Love 13

That Gary is one lucky son of a bitch.

He dodged a bullet when Dani didn’t go after him and instead picked the naive man boy

JL deserves to get what’s coming to him for being a bareback rider in the tunnel of love.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, lgprimes said:

Let me state that overall I am NOT on JL’s side in this matter. Dude needs to step up and take that paternity test ASAP.  BUT the fact that Dani said such a stupid bizarre statement that night does plant the seed of doubt in me that POSSIBLY she knew she was pregnant at the start of the charter and was looking for a suitable Daddy. It’s unlikely, but I can’t blame JL for requesting the test. 
His behavior in not insisting on it immediately is suspect thought,  and if that baby is his and he doesn’t step up, then he 💯% will be the a-hole in this situation.

I don’t think the timing would work to have Dani arriving pregnant. They had two weeks of isolation followed by a six week charter season. That means the baby would have been born seven months, at the most, following the end of charter, if Dani had arrived pregnant. They filmed in August 2020 and Dani gave birth at the end of May, 2021–nine months after August.

• Useful 5
  • Love 8
(edited)

1 hour ago, lgprimes said:

I get the sense that much of JL's response to Dani telling him he's the daddy has been directed by his mom. If it were up to him I'd guess that he would have just accepted what Dani said and went about his life. Not that he'd have jumped right in to be a supportive partner/dad, but he probably wouldn't push for a paternity test and might have just continued with some kind of casual connection with it all. That's him in all his immaturity.

I'd bet good money that it's his mom pushing for the test and telling him that Dani was trying to trap him or is fooling him or whatever. Given his mom pushing him and Dani upset with him for asking, JL has decided to just stick his head in the sand and wish it would all go away (like the emotional 3-year-old he is). 

I think Dani knows this as well and though she says that she's dismayed at his asking for the test, she wasn't nearly as vehement about his jerkishness as Alli was. I read her as yes being insulted at the request, but also using it as a reason to just go it on her own with her baby without having to deal with any interference from JL. Not that she thinks it's going to be a breeze, but if she's able to afford to raise her daughter on her own, it's might not be a bad thing that she can do so without the complication of an immature, across-the-world, baby daddy.  

And truly if JL's mom is as pushy/managing as she appears to be? Dani's probably lucky to not have that be a part of her life. 

None of this is to suggest that I think raising a baby on your own is easy, most desirable, etc. This is all just my read given who Dani and JL have appeared to be.

Edited by Pop Tart
  • Love 20

Once again, Colin wins the award for the person left unscathed by this season with Glenn coming in second.  He really stayed relevant to the show without denigrating himself or his ( now ex) girlfriend. He should give lessons on Reality TV 101.

• Love 23

I was a little surprised by Alli's demeanor throughout the reunion. She appeared to still be harboring unresolved anger and feelings regarding Gary and Sydney. You would think that enough time had passed that she would be over all of that esp. for someone who is in a new relationship, buying a home with her significant other, and having a baby. She just seemed so angry to me. Hope I misread her!  

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, Little Lady Back said:

I was a little surprised by Alli's demeanor throughout the reunion. She appeared to still be harboring unresolved anger and feelings regarding Gary and Sydney. You would think that enough time had passed that she would be over all of that esp. for someone who is in a new relationship, buying a home with her significant other, and having a baby. She just seemed so angry to me. Hope I misread her! 

I was thinking that too. She just seemed pretty down and angry through this whole thing - and shallow note, but the deep tan (real or spray?) and the way the light was hitting her face didn't help.

I wished that Andy had probed more about what happened between Alli and Gary in that trip to take the boat back after filming ended. They showed some self-filmed bits where Alli said she was rooming with him and the first snippet she seemed happy, second snippet she seemed less so, and by the third snippet it was clear that she was beyond done with Gary. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, Mstk3000 said:

That reminds me my favorite Glenn moment:  when the topic of the crash into the dock was brought up, he said something like "I think we need to talk about the pitas some more" and everyone else (including Natalie) was laughing for minutes. 😄

Glenn is a real treasure.  Now the bad captain who shall not be named is coming back.  We shall endure😎

Edited by PaperTree
  • Love 14

I don’t feel sorry for Dani. She had unprotected sex with a man (whom she thought had an STD a few days prior) that is far younger than her. I’ll even go so far as to say that she wanted a baby regardless of the man. How many times did she say that her and JL wouldn’t work out but then said, if they have a baby, then it’s fate. Why the hell would you bring an innocent child into this relationship? It’s not fate but it is fuckery. If you’re going to risk it, then be ready for a clueless 24 year old to not take responsibility.  If you want a baby so bad, go find an anonymous sperm donor. Only person I feel sorry for is this baby. 

On a side note - I want more Glenn. I enjoy Below Deck Med but can’t stand Captain Sandy. 

• Love 20
10 minutes ago, TheCouchPotato said:

I don’t feel sorry for Dani. She had unprotected sex with a man (whom she thought had an STD a few days prior) that is far younger than her. I’ll even go so far as to say that she wanted a baby regardless of the man. How many times did she say that her and JL wouldn’t work out but then said, if they have a baby, then it’s fate. Why the hell would you bring an innocent child into this relationship? It’s not fate but it is fuckery. If you’re going to risk it, then be ready for a clueless 24 year old to not take responsibility.  If you want a baby so bad, go find an anonymous sperm donor. Only person I feel sorry for is this baby. 

On a side note - I want more Glenn. I enjoy Below Deck Med but can’t stand Captain Sandy. 

I think this is exactly right.

Look JL is a douche. Not a dangerous rapey douche like Ashton or an oblivious frat bro douche like Tanner. He’s not a predator type like James or Gary. He is just a naive man child who jumped at the first woman who threw a little pussy at him.

Dani seem determined to get knocked up. She even went bare back after an STD scare. She basically went cheap on the sperm donor route. She’s just found the dumbest horniest douche around and rode him until she reached the finish line.

That poor baby. Maybe Captain Glenn can adopt her or something.

• Love 6
(edited)
19 hours ago, Chalby said:

This infuriated me the most about JL - his outdated response to a woman coming to him about their 'expecting' a child.  She stated at the beginning that she got pregnant while working on the boat. Is JL going to share with us which crew member got her pregnant... Alli?

What "lying" did you hear? Or are you referring to JL's insistence that he'll be involved in the little girl's life?

Honestly if it were me, I wouldn't want him involved in the baby's life, I think sometimes it's just easier as a single mother to not have to rely on some loser guy for anything....there are too many issues involved with a child.

Edited by endure
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

I think Bravo bears some responsibility for this mess. They ply these crew members with liquor and most likely encourage them to hook up and sleep in the guest quarters. You know this makes for good TV.  Genn also acts like he is a fraternity mom who looks the other way when the crew starts their sexual hijinks. Things backfired and now there is an innocent child left to most likely grow up without a father. Time to end this horrid show. Sick and tired of boat crews gone wild. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

think Bravo bears some responsibility for this mess. They ply these crew members with liquor and most likely encourage them to hook up and sleep in the guest quarters.

a la Bachelor/ette? 

I agree that they seem to hire immature folks. Dani was definitely looking for a cheap sperm donor IMHO. Personally, I wanted smart kids so married a smart guy. But I guess Dani just wanted tall kids. Shakes head.

• Love 7

I was googling an author named "Jean-Luc" today and our pal JL came up first, listed as an "actor." I almost barfed.

Dani went into this with her eyes open, talking so much about getting pregnant, and JL was dumb not to wear protection. 

I do think he loooooved having his alone time with Andy, getting to say his piece without being piled on by the rest of the crew.

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I think Bravo bears some responsibility for this mess. They ply these crew members with liquor and most likely encourage them to hook up and sleep in the guest quarters. You know this makes for good TV.  Genn also acts like he is a fraternity mom who looks the other way when the crew starts their sexual hijinks. Things backfired and now there is an innocent child left to most likely grow up without a father. Time to end this horrid show. Sick and tired of boat crews gone wild. 

But it’s really no different than Vanderpump Rules or Dummer House. The skankiest members of the cast get the most airtime.

You can be an adult and respect yourself. Captain Glenn, Colin and Daisy did it on this cast. As did the chef. That’s why they got much less airtime then the crazies. 

This is how reality shows are run.

• Love 7
23 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Dani vs. JL.  Somebody is lying.  I'm really not invested enough to care.  Whatever.

I agree something isn't adding up here except the reality of.... 1 + 1 = 3.  But basically I'm with you, I honestly don't care and I found the way they presented this whole awkward situation very uncomfortable to watch.

23 hours ago, TV Glotzer said:

I feel completely filthy for having watched that.

And Gary (loser Tarzan) is still walking away thinking he is God’s gift to women. 

Yes I feel uncomfortable too and Gary can critisize someone elses moral decisions, really?!?!

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Feech said:

I think this is exactly right.

Look JL is a douche. Not a dangerous rapey douche like Ashton or an oblivious frat bro douche like Tanner. He’s not a predator type like James or Gary. He is just a naive man child who jumped at the first woman who threw a little pussy at him.

Dani seem determined to get knocked up. She even went bare back after an STD scare. She basically went cheap on the sperm donor route. She’s just found the dumbest horniest douche around and rode him until she reached the finish line.

That poor baby. Maybe Captain Glenn can adopt her or something.

Agree to all of this. She doesn’t have the money for a DNA test so I’m sure she couldn’t fork out the cash for sperm donor. 

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, TheCouchPotato said:

Agree to all of this. She doesn’t have the money for a DNA test so I’m sure she couldn’t fork out the cash for sperm donor. 

LOL!  A quick search found the cheapest paternity test going for $59 with many more at $99.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, TheCouchPotato said:

True I guess but the cost of artificial insemination is not high, at least not in Canada.  The real cost is in raising a child!

• Love 3

What kind of recourse would Dani have?  Sue for child support in a US court?  Croatian court?  Brazilian court?

Either JL was really crafty, fooling her and saying the "right things" on camera about how serious he was or months after the season, being away from each other, he realized he didn't want to be tied down to her, especially financially.

After being on TV, which you'd think on a relatively obscure TV show, he may have groupies after him and he realized he's 25, not ready to settle down, have to be a father.

It's shitty but not unexpected either.

• Love 3

Run to your new boat and crew JL. Run from your responsibility and hide your head in the sand. Here is a photo of his new crew in Thailand protecting the man~boy who is long on hormones and short on brains. 

50D3ED33-9339-4BB7-8DAC-9AFC1F0006D2.jpeg

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Dani also referenced wanting "tall babies." It almost came across like she was scouting for a sperm donor. I don't think J.L. used his brain either when it came to using no protection.  That said, Dani seems like she'll be a great mom. I mean that. It just sucks for the baby to not have a father. Many people choose to be single parents. Many grow up with no father. I can't claim to know the effects because I've seen folks who came from a great, intact nuclear family & screwed their lives up or were mentally/ emotionally unstable all the same. Who's to say? I wish Dani the best and the little baby Lilly also. 

I wish we probed more into what became of Alli & Gary also. Alli looked terribly overdone. If her lips are fake which I suspect they are, i noticed all season it seems like they're wearing *her* rather than the other way around. She's constantly chewing really gross, licking her lips, etc. Like she's not comfortable with them. The jewelry was too much. I can't believe she's pregnant . The trend seems on the rise a-la celebrities circa 2009.

• Love 2
On 6/22/2021 at 11:41 PM, Chalby said:

I highly doubt she "planned" it, but I also figure she wasn't worried either way about pregnancy. If JL didn't want kids, he should have worn protection.

My recollection from the season is that there was at least one instance of Dani saying something along the lines of, 'If I get pregnant, it's God's will.'  She may have said something like that even more than once.

While technically not "planned", it seemed to me as if she was hopeful, or would not mind it happening.

That being said, I think that JL is a major POS.  With all his protestations of adoration and love towards Dani during their season, to turn on her like this at her time of most need is disgusting and pathetic. 

His mother jumping on board as well to publicly denigrate Dani using social media reminds me of how the mother of a--hole Andrew from 90 Day Fiance was so nasty online to Amira.

• Love 2
On 6/23/2021 at 5:47 AM, Mr. Miner said:

I'm just curious of what kind of low budget charter couldn't spare a lame deckhand for one night to film the reunion. If that's what actually happened?

Seriously.  And look at how much effort Colin put in to being able to be a part of the reunion, what with him having WiFi issues where he lives so he went out of his way to attend.

• Love 7