Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E18: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I had to snort at Gary's relief that another dude was in the hot seat. He relished criticizing JL.

She was very whipped-dog.

Alli's appearance/styling was bizarre. And did she put any thought into instantly getting pregnant with the new boyfriend? It felt very random.

Daisy and Colin are the only ones who seem to be focused and have purpose.

Does anyone know what the timeline was from when filming for their season ended to when the reunion was held?  Alli's a fast mover, given how she supposedly had developed such strong feelings for Gary. 

We know that after only a couple of days rooming with him during the crossing with Glenn that she was sick and tired of him, but still, that's awfully fast to have found a new man, and especially one with whom she was ready to move in with and concurrently have a baby with.

I'm happy for her if she's happy, but just curious as to how quickly all this happened.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, lgprimes said:

Let me state that overall I am NOT on JL’s side in this matter. Dude needs to step up and take that paternity test ASAP.  BUT the fact that Dani said such a stupid bizarre statement that night does plant the seed of doubt in me that POSSIBLY she knew she was pregnant at the start of the charter and was looking for a suitable Daddy. It’s unlikely, but I can’t blame JL for requesting the test. 
His behavior in not insisting on it immediately is suspect thought,  and if that baby is his and he doesn’t step up, then he 💯% will be the a-hole in this situation.

Excellent point.  That occurred to me as well during the season, every single time that she made a comment about possibly getting pregnant.  I do believe that she said something along those lines multiple times, right?  What an excellent cover it would be, to lasso another guy in to be her baby's absentee daddy, if that is the case.

22 hours ago, Feech said:

That Gary is one lucky son of a bitch.

He dodged a bullet when Dani didn’t go after him and instead picked the naive man boy

JL deserves to get what’s coming to him for being a bareback rider in the tunnel of love.

This is one of the most clever phrases that I've ever heard to describe having unprotected Sex.  Brava!!!

• Love 1

You know how Charles Shulz would convey anxiety in his characters by making a wiggly mouth (as shown)?  

I never knew an actual human mouth could do that until I saw Sydney's expression for most of this episode.

I finally figured out that Sydney reminded me (in looks) of a combination of Lisa Kudrow and Gwyneth Paltrow, and now I have to add Charlie Brown  (ha they all have "row" in their names!  Which Daisy would probably say Sydney liked to start!

image.png.b6a89b8202ac1d7753ad7fbd44a0cf61.png

Don't remember which part of the reunion Gary was trying to parse whether he said Daisy was "bitchy" or "a bitch," but neither is very nice.  I hated his disbelieving faces when called on his BS.  Also, trying to measure "who cared more" between him and Alli is a little ridiculous.    

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

When talking about the paternity test, JL mentioned he'd tried to reach out to Dani's doctor, then added he hoped lawyers didn't need to get involved. WTF? You don't need either. All it takes is a genuine desire for the information and a few bucks. I'm not a fan of Andy Cohen, but he was spot on advising JL to tell his mother to stop fucking around on SM and help him get the test done. (My words, not Andy's.)

2 hours ago, Xebug67 said:

Excellent point.  That occurred to me as well during the season, every single time that she made a comment about possibly getting pregnant.  I do believe that she said something along those lines multiple times, right?  What an excellent cover it would be, to lasso another guy in to be her baby's absentee daddy, if that is the case.

See NYCFree's post for an educated guess about why it's likely that's not true. Just in general, with DNA tests being accessible and inexpensive, I doubt there's much lassoing going on these days, if there ever was.

I wasn't paying strict attention, so this is just an impression. I think Dani did mention wanting to have a family more than once. I remember it being in the context of the relationship with JL, though, as an explanation about why she didn't think a long term relationship with him was in the cards.

• Love 8

JL is pissing me off with his "IF" it's my child.... Really dude? If it's not yours she either got pregnant before charter started, during charter, or immediately after the charter ended. You think she left you and immediately had sex with someone else and decided to try and pin it on you? WHY would she try to pin it on JL if it's someone else's baby? What makes him an attractive target? Is he rich? It doesn't appear he's contributing to the pregnancy or child so what is the point?
I don't buy that she was pregnant when she arrived on the boat and tried to find a baby daddy. For one, she never would have drank like a charter stew if she was pregnant. Two, there were only two available men on the boat so she was in a bad situation if she was trolling for a baby daddy, and Three, JL named her as his crush on their first night of partying. She didn't pursue him, she allowed him to pursue her.
It's a poor method of searching for a man to name as the father of her so called pregnancy.
I don't see her as so diabolical knowingly ensnare him and name him the father.  What does she get out of it but heartache and rejection?

JL is INSANE if he thinks Dani would let him into the delivery room with her. She will be at her most vulnerable moment and this douche that constantly shades her with his "IF it's my child" thinks he's coming into the delivery room? Hell NO!!!

JL is a child, a sniveling, petulant child that puts up roadblocks to determine IF he's the father while complaining that he can't be sure. It's just a shitty thing to accuse Dani of lying about this, absent some reasonable explanation for another man being the father. He has offered nothing to indicate it could be anyone else and yet he persists is saying "IF it's his..."

She doesn't need him to raise this child but she and the baby need his money. Even if he legitimately thought it wasn't his, he could have sent her some money as a friend would do. She doesn't need JL's sniveling or crying but she needs MONEY. Diapers, wraps, burp cloths, etc. are not free and the costs continue day after day after day....

His mother has misplaced her loyalties. She has a blood granddaughter out there and grandma's words are mean and hurtful and someday the child will read them. Grandma should be sending money to Dani as well.

Allie looked pretty bad. Way too much makeup and not good for the lighting. I think she still has feelings for Gary and they are complicated feelings. Often someone comes on a Zoom reunion  show wearing bad makeup and in this case it was Allie. I think she wanted to look her best as she had to face Gary and Sydney. She was a little incoherent as she tried to explain how she didn't break Girl Code and I think her anger took over her ability to present her case well. 

I can't fault Gary for being Gary. He seems like a person who is really fine with everyone after the charter is done. No hard feelings, he'll remember the good stuff only. That's why he was surprised by Daisy's comments and Allie's news, etc.

Daisy was the MVP of the season (to me) and the reunion. I loved drunk Daisy telling Andy not to be jealous of her copious drinking. I like that she kept after Gary. During the season she addressed him several times in efforts to clear the air and produce a better charter for the guests. She kept his feet to the fire in a professional manner and if no one else comes back but Daisy, I'll be happy. I'd like to see Gary and Glenn come back but bring back Daisy!! I hope the next chef has sailing charter experience rather than learning on the job.

I'm always a little surprised at how far flung the casts are after filming but where the heck was Colin? 1 1/2 hour travel time from a hotel with good internet? In the jungle?
These people are gypsies!!

• Love 15
13 minutes ago, lcarolynl said:

I'm always a little surprised at how far flung the casts are after filming but where the heck was Colin? 1 1/2 hour travel time from a hotel with good internet? In the jungle?

Colin said he was in Panama and had to come in from the jungle.  No clue what he was doing there.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, lcarolynl said:

JL is pissing me off with his "IF" it's my child.... Really dude? If it's not yours she either got pregnant before charter started, during charter, or immediately after the charter ended. You think she left you and immediately had sex with someone else and decided to try and pin it on you? WHY would she try to pin it on JL if it's someone else's baby? What makes him an attractive target? Is he rich? It doesn't appear he's contributing to the pregnancy or child so what is the point?
I don't buy that she was pregnant when she arrived on the boat and tried to find a baby daddy. For one, she never would have drank like a charter stew if she was pregnant. Two, there were only two available men on the boat so she was in a bad situation if she was trolling for a baby daddy, and Three, JL named her as his crush on their first night of partying. She didn't pursue him, she allowed him to pursue her.
It's a poor method of searching for a man to name as the father of her so called pregnancy.
I don't see her as so diabolical knowingly ensnare him and name him the f
ather.  What does she get out of it but heartache and rejection?

JL is INSANE if he thinks Dani would let him into the delivery room with her. She will be at her most vulnerable moment and this douche that constantly shades her with his "IF it's my child" thinks he's coming into the delivery room? Hell NO!!!

JL is a child, a sniveling, petulant child that puts up roadblocks to determine IF he's the father while complaining that he can't be sure. It's just a shitty thing to accuse Dani of lying about this, absent some reasonable explanation for another man being the father. He has offered nothing to indicate it could be anyone else and yet he persists is saying "IF it's his..."

She doesn't need him to raise this child but she and the baby need his money. Even if he legitimately thought it wasn't his, he could have sent her some money as a friend would do. She doesn't need JL's sniveling or crying but she needs MONEY. Diapers, wraps, burp cloths, etc. are not free and the costs continue day after day after day....

His mother has misplaced her loyalties. She has a blood granddaughter out there and grandma's words are mean and hurtful and someday the child will read them. Grandma should be sending money to Dani as well.

Allie looked pretty bad. Way too much makeup and not good for the lighting. I think she still has feelings for Gary and they are complicated feelings. Often someone comes on a Zoom reunion  show wearing bad makeup and in this case it was Allie. I think she wanted to look her best as she had to face Gary and Sydney. She was a little incoherent as she tried to explain how she didn't break Girl Code and I think her anger took over her ability to present her case well. 

I can't fault Gary for being Gary. He seems like a person who is really fine with everyone after the charter is done. No hard feelings, he'll remember the good stuff only. That's why he was surprised by Daisy's comments and Allie's news, etc.

Daisy was the MVP of the season (to me) and the reunion. I loved drunk Daisy telling Andy not to be jealous of her copious drinking. I like that she kept after Gary. During the season she addressed him several times in efforts to clear the air and produce a better charter for the guests. She kept his feet to the fire in a professional manner and if no one else comes back but Daisy, I'll be happy. I'd like to see Gary and Glenn come back but bring back Daisy!! I hope the next chef has sailing charter experience rather than learning on the job.

Just to clarify, I totally believe that JL is the baby daddy.  I didn't mean to throw any shade on Dani, who I think will be a great mother.  She was glowing at the reunion, and already appears to love her baby to the moon and back.  I was merely commenting that if she (or anyone for that matter) had come on the boat already pregnant, then had crazy amounts of sex with a fellow crew member who she later claimed was the father, if that person was a diabolical person (which I absolutely do not think Dani is), that would be a heck of a cover, BUT that cover would very quickly fall apart once the so easy to obtain DNA test was done.

I think thus far I'm the only one who thought that Alli looked better than she's ever looked on the show.  I already saw her this dolled up on an episode of Watch What Happens Live, and I think she wore the exact same outfit and had her hair styled the exact same way.  On the show she always looked ech to me, and I couldn't fathom why Gary was so hot for her, other than that she put up a really great chase with him, which I think is what  Gary likes - someone who's hard to get.  The more I focused on her lips, the more they started to seem natural to me as opposed to the typical, really awful blown up duck beak lips that so many on-TV people now have done.  For what it's worth, I thought she looked stunning.  I liked everything about her look, from her hair to her outfit, to her makeup.

Re chefs and sailing yachts, Natasha's inability to get anything done in the kitchen on what seemed very rare occasions that the boat was sailing was a big no-no.  She clearly did not have a familiarity with cooking while keeling.  She actually seemed to hate the whole experience of being on the sailing yacht, so WTF would you book yourself on a sailing yacht if you're incapable of doing the job?  Oh yeah, I forgot.  To be on TV.  I felt so bad every time that it seemed that the crew was hungry and had not been fed because of Natasha's incompetence in that respect as well.  Those folks do work so hard at their jobs (this was definitely the most competent crew ever, to date - which I so much prefer not having stupid, orchestrated drama about crew who are incompetent at their jobs - that's not interesting or entertaining to me).  They deserved to be fed well and on time.  Natasha should be thanking God every day for Colin.

Speaking of actually sailing, didn't it seem super-rare all season long with the yacht was finally in sailing mode?  Honestly, what's the point of going on a sailing vs. motor yacht if you're not going to sail more than they did this season?

For me the MVPs of the season were BOTH Daisy AND Colin.  Both are superb at their jobs, and I think they're both also kind-hearted people as well.  I think if either of them deems you worthy of their friendship, you will have a friend for life, and one who will have your back at all times, as well as have a good time with them.  I absolutely FLOVED them both!

• Love 8
On 6/23/2021 at 8:47 AM, Mr. Miner said:

I'm just curious of what kind of low budget charter couldn't spare a lame deckhand for one night to film the reunion. If that's what actually happened?

My Bullshit-O-Meter broke its needle after that one. It was the girls birthday…🤣……pleeeeaaaaassssseeeeee JL, don’t insult our intelligence.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 6/22/2021 at 6:18 PM, Mr. Miner said:

Why does Sydney owe Alli an apology?

Here's something ...

On 6/23/2021 at 5:57 AM, Jsage said:

I was surprised with Sydney's behavior during the reunion. She looked miserable and almost a little scared, as if she knew she was going to be roasted. She admitted that she knew that it was a one-night stand with Gary and took full responsibility for her horrible behavior toward Alli. She also said she was working on herself after seeing the show. Of course, the question is, has she really let go of her delusions or was the reunion just one more manipulative act of hers?

Apparently, her cruel comments continued after the charter.

On 6/22/2021 at 9:09 PM, Mstk3000 said:

Did anyone see the interview with JL after the reunion?  Just me?  Because I thought it was kind of infuriating in that he keeps saying that of course he wants to be part of "the child's" life (never actually saying "her" even though the sex is known) "if he's the father."  But from the timeline, unless Danni was sneaking off with someone else on the boat with cameras everywhere, he has to be the father.  As she said in the reunion.  But he keeps asking for a DNA test as if it's hypothetical.  Once the baby is born that can be done soon, but to do it beforehand would be invasive and Danni probably didn't want that.  He kind of disgusts me to be honest.  She and their daughter are probably better off without him (although he should at least have to pay his share of child support, but I don't know how that works, legally, in international relationships).

He was naive and inexperienced...even for a 24yr-old man/boy.  Also, he was a formerly fat kid who considered himself a loser.  He probably couldn't believe his good luck finding someone like Dani.  I believe he thought they were in love.  When the pregnancy was announced, HIS MOTHER INSERTED HERSELF via various cybermessages that went viral.  She was CRUEL/RUDE and probably pushed JL to the sad comments that he didn't believe he was the father.   Dani and Baby Girl will have a difficult time ever trusting or loving either of them.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 6
On 6/23/2021 at 1:08 PM, Little Lady Back said:

I was a little surprised by Alli's demeanor throughout the reunion. She appeared to still be harboring unresolved anger and feelings regarding Gary and Sydney. You would think that enough time had passed that she would be over all of that esp. for someone who is in a new relationship, buying a home with her significant other, and having a baby. She just seemed so angry to me. Hope I misread her!  

I was too! But I think she said something about watching the episodes recently, so hearing the crappy comments Sydney made in her TH's  maybe riled her up again? Sydney was a complete mess during the season, and I do feel for her. I can't fathom the world seeing the dumbass stuff I did when I was her age. I get embarrassed just imagining it!

I never knew I wanted a Maury and BDSY crossover until now, but I'd love for him to deal with JL. I wish the best for Dani. Single parenting is hard, but she seems like she can handle it (from my extensive knowledge of her just from watching this show, lol) and it may be easier for her, without having to deal with immature JL and his meddling family (his mom sounds like a real prize)

(and now, by posting on this thread, I've outed myself as watching far too many 'reality' tv shows! 😆)

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 6/24/2021 at 10:14 AM, lcarolynl said:

WHY would she try to pin it on JL if it's someone else's baby? What makes him an attractive target? Is he rich? It doesn't appear he's contributing to the pregnancy or child so what is the point?

Wise questions ...  Let's ask his mommy...she seems to need to be in her son's "business."

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Feech said:

Thinking she would get any support from JL is one of the many bad choices Dani made in this debacle.

But DID she truly believe she would get ANY support from him?  Sounds like the moment she said she was pregnant he was G-O-N-E, girl.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

But DID she truly believe she would get ANY support from him? 

When they went their separate ways (literally) off the boat (when I know she didn't know she was pregnant, but at least still professed to desire a relationship) she seemed remarkably not-worked-up about moving to the other side of the world from her potential life partner. I don't think she EVER saw him as a life partner.

• Love 4

Not to defend JL but maybe if there wasn’t a pandemic he might have gone to Australia with Dani, seen the baby born, probably had a whole different reaction.

It’s virtually impossible for non residents to enter now.

If he wanted to completely bail on taking any responsibility, he could have avoided interviewing with Andy and stayed silent on social media.

But the whole “If she’s my child” is a bad bad look.  He’s young so he may not want to be tied down but a few years down the line he might regret passing up a chance to be in his daughters life.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 6/26/2021 at 5:15 AM, aghst said:

If he wanted to completely bail on taking any responsibility, he could have avoided interviewing with Andy and stayed silent on social media.

Didn't his contract require his participation in the reunion shows?   I'd bet he has to appear and "participate" to get his money from BRAVO.  He certainly didn't appear to be a willing participant.  Bet he's SORRIER now!

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 6/28/2021 at 5:05 AM, Mr. Miner said:

Dani choosing to hook up with the Frankenstein looking dork loser is a bad bad look.

Awww...I think he's very cute.  This was probably his first big romance...and then he handled it like a child--and a jerk.

Let's blame his mother for his behavior AND for her butting in for the world to read.

• Love 1